Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I hope that's not an acl :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
get hosed hawthorn

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Glad for the win but aww man Bob Murphy :smith:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I thought there was a "duck into it" rule now?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
gently caress everything, burn it all down, I'm sick of this poo poo.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Duck into a high tackle in the dying seconds ftw

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Well there goes my loving whopper

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Selwood knees get frees

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Oh god I hope Bob is ok.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Actually, football is the worst.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah I'm hoping it's just a twinge - I thought he was just cramped at first.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well that was an intense game to be at. Dogs killed is in the second and third and nearly had it, but it was awesome to see Sicily have another big game.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like for a neutral fan those would have been 2 fantastic games to watch but gently caress

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I feel like we stole that game. We were good in the first but the Doggies figured out how to close us down somewhat. Somehow we managed to reset for the last quarter and get things back on our terms. After the even-up it was a coin toss.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
If we had lost I would have felt like the dogs stole it with those two quick goals at the end there. I don't think game stealing exists unless an umpiring decision late changed the result or something

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Dogs might be this year's Eagles.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah, maybe it's just a bit of pessimism leaking though when it comes to tight games, like I thought "well, Sicily's a fair way out, I wouldn't be surprised if he sprayed it" at the end.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Maybe it's just the stream I'm watching but it sounds like there is poo poo atmosphere at this Cats game.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TG-Chrono posted:

Bob just took an arrow to the knee

Yeah, I think he used to be a footballer :smith:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Mitch Robinson, what a dickhead.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
a first class wanker

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Apparently it's a confirmed ACL for Murphy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That sucks so much :(

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

IDK about dogs fans but today is going to sting for a really long loving time for me, like st Kilda last year.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Just got back from the Hawks-Dogs game.

That was a heart destroyer. 10 minutes would go by without any score and then they'd just go kick-for-kick. Dogs really had our total lack of pace exposed for large parts of the game, but I feel the Hawks were just more clinical when they needed to be.

Great game, great atmosphere. I don't know if the better team won, but the score difference definitely feels right.

EDIT: Confirmed ACL for Bob? That really sucks. I hope it's not career over for him, always seemed like a genuinely good bloke.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Footy just got way less good :smithfrog:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Think of all the spare time he'll have to write his columns though

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

gay picnic defence posted:

Maybe it's just the stream I'm watching but it sounds like there is poo poo atmosphere at this Cats game.

Kardinia is always like that. We were the most notoriously quiet club in the league before we got content and happy with three flags. Take that, plus a nothing fixture against a bottom 4 side, and remove the grandstand on the western wing where the mics are, and its quiet as a mouse

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
went along to bellerive today, was a fun game to be at. the wind really was that strong especially in the first half, although that doesn't excuse the dees playing in the first quarter. the umpires were loving awful too. but as far as demons experiences go it wasn't that bad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Schlesische posted:

EDIT: Confirmed ACL for Bob? That really sucks. I hope it's not career over for him, always seemed like a genuinely good bloke.

I definitely recall he said that this would be his last tilt at it, and that if he got another major injury, he'd rehab it then call time.

drat shame.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I remember that. Daniels (I think that's his name) got high, but Ceglar didn't really jump much.

Memento posted:

I definitely recall he said that this would be his last tilt at it, and that if he got another major injury, he'd rehab it then call time.

drat shame.

If true that's a huge blow to the Dogs, and a huge blow to footy in general. Good bloke, good player.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Daniels absolutely tore us apart tonight. He was incredible.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Memento posted:

drat shame.

drat shame indeed.

I blame Hawthorn.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Apparently it's a confirmed ACL for Murphy

This loving sucks. It's lovely to see great players go out like that, like Judd last year

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Doctor Cave posted:

This loving sucks. It's lovely to see great players go out like that, like Judd last year

Judd was a bit of a oval office though so while it was a sad way for him to go out I didn't feel too bad for him.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Aw man poor Bob :( That hurts more than the loss.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Judd was a bit of a oval office though so while it was a sad way for him to go out I didn't feel too bad for him.

He helped west coast win a flag so he'll always be okay in my book

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Alas. poor Robertio, I knew him well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Awww gently caress. I'd actually give away the win if it would miraculously cure him. :(

• Locked thread