Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i want my father back you son of a bitch

crowd goes wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
It has a cheesy sense of humor but manages to avoid seeming like it's high on sniffing its own farts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wallace Shawn is in the unique position of being able to make a "My Dinner With Andre the Giant" joke when talking about filming this movie.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

symbolic posted:

but enough about The Big Lebowski

The big Lebowski sucks huge loving donkey dunk it is a piece of poo poo show for piece of poo poo vapid personality less we've had who consider themselves loving pre-millennial's that show is dog poo poo for rats. gently caress the big Lebowski the dude does not abide the dude is a piece of poo poo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The big Lebowski sucks huge loving donkey dunk it is a piece of poo poo show for piece of poo poo vapid personality less we've had who consider themselves loving pre-millennial's that show is dog poo poo for rats. gently caress the big Lebowski the dude does not abide the dude is a piece of poo poo.
A+ title/post combo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

yea it was bad and princess bride is good

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
it's a fantastic kids movie but if guys keep waxing on about it into their 30s ...

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ya op its good

not

Fight me you bitch.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Andre :(

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

www posted:

nah its kinda poo poo

Fight m... you know what never mind. If you didn't like that movie your must be retarded. I know you can't help that it's genetic. Please accept my apology.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Marathon Man, by the same author, is also an excellent film, OP.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Mandy Patinkin got a bitch name.

I lump Princess Bride in with He Man and the one where the kid rod a giant flying gerbil. They were good then but probably a bunch of bullshit now.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
"But Wesley, what about the ROUS?"
"Rodents of unusual size? I don't believe in them"
*gets tackled by an ROUS*

best scene

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
It was a fun movie with a good cast, gently caress you if you honestly think the movie is bad.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

What is CD opinion of Princess Bride?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Princess Bride is composed of several cool scenes and boring filler in between. It's not good as a cohesive film.

It's a series of memes that's why it's so popular on the internet not.

Yeah I just saw it. It has some bad transitions.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

what about the congress for primo wright

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

What is CD opinion of Princess Bride?

SHISHKABOB posted:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like how people dont like good things just to be different. as though the only reason for their existinece is to be an annoying loving rear end in a top hat who everyone wants to kill. it must be like a test or something.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

SHISHKABOB posted:

P much the worst that can be said. Unless you mean the adorable framing device in which case gently caress you, fight me, you stupid gently caress!

naem
May 29, 2011

I look like if Carey elwes did some push-ups

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

what about the congress for primo wright

I would probably take the drug and belive that I live in a perfect blissed out trouble free world not realizing that I am really wandering the steets in rags and eating gross.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maldoror posted:

I would probably take the drug and belive that I live in a perfect blissed out trouble free world not realizing that I am really wandering the steets in rags and eating gross.

my nigga have you tried lsd

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lsd: the rare case of A Good Drug

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Man, Weezer is gettin weird.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

Imagine a charmless gritty reboot where it's dark and rainy all the time and multiple gratuitous rape scenes and the sword fights leave men disemboweled, the princess a drug addict, Andre the giant is played by the same cgi cave troll in every movie now

andy serkis

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

This lady needs to do some weights or something, goddamn.

Also, Princess Bride is a good kids film but in my curmudgeonly old age it's too 'light' for me.

It's the kind of film that were symptomatic of the downfall of the fantasy genre in Hollywood in the late 80s. Before The Princess Bride, we had a number of 'serious' fantasy films that were created with an actual budget and considerable craft (Conan the Barbarian, The Never Ending Story, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, to name a few better-known ones).

Princess Bride however was part of the new wave "nudge-nudge, wink-wink", "we shouldn't take this too seriously as it's a fantasy film" type films, which is what basically anything but the most z-grade fantasy film became for over a decade afterwards. It's only as recently as Lord of the Rings that there's been a resurgence in big-budget fantasy films coming from Hollywood.

It's a good-natured film and I can tell the cast had a great time making it, but personally the story didn't really capture my imagination or move me in the way some of the other films above did.

Soul Reaver fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 11, 2016

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Maldoror posted:

but why does robin rebuke the techno-chemists for creating their wonderdrug when it is clearly the exact cure for her son's problems

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I never saw it as a kid and now every person I meet tries to make me watch it but I've never made it all the way through without falling asleep.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

aw the New Weezer Movie

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a good movie. Definitely has some boring parts and weird pacing but who cares

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It's pretty good I guess.

naem
May 29, 2011

Soul Reaver posted:

This lady needs to do some weights or something

I admit I would happily have sex with her vagina

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I never saw this movie before until like last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very fun and wonderful movie.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also I have a man crush on Cary Elwes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

criscodisco posted:

Mandy Patinkin got a bitch name.

I lump Princess Bride in with He Man and the one where the kid rod a giant flying gerbil. They were good then but probably a bunch of bullshit now.

Nah it's aged really good plus y'know it's set in fantasy time and even as an old rear end adult I was laughing at every joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Just throwing this out there, if anyone has anything bad to say about The Princess Bride you can say it to my face and I will smash yours in a fit of violent rage. Thank you and good night.

• Locked thread