Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
if you guys were legit offended by that radio bit do yourselves a favor and never listen to what hockey players say to one another on the ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Glambags posted:

Oh no this isnt true at all, Hank is a big baby and Chris Kreider hurt some guy who gets hurt all the time, and Rick Nash said he didn't like being in Columbus Ohio so he should be hated for that iirc.

And Kevin Hayes is from Boston

Hank is a big temper tantrum throwing crybaby but he usually owns up to it so whatever. Kreider has injured 5 goalies (2 with concussions and may have ruined Price forever) and he does deserve every bit of hate thrown his way. At least this year he seems to have reigned in his reckless play so maybe someone finally sat him down and told him to not be dumb. Rick Nash should be applauded for being able to say what were all thinking (Ohio kind of sucks) but in the end he is still Rick Nash and must be ridiculed. Kevin Hayes couldnt cut it in Chicago so Im not mad at him, especially since the compensation became Graham Knott who appears to be not bad and is currently making Hand Knit very sad by beating up on the Frontenacs in the second round.

Mats Zuccarello is a good and good hockey midget mans. My Rangers hate is dying and is creating a rage void that needs to be filled. It will probably fall on Dallas or St.Louis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

if you guys were legit offended by that radio bit do yourselves a favor and never listen to what hockey players say to one another on the ice

You convinced me, that makes it better.

Furnaceface posted:

Hank is a big temper tantrum throwing crybaby but he usually owns up to it so whatever. Kreider has injured 5 goalies (2 with concussions and may have ruined Price forever) and he does deserve every bit of hate thrown his way. At least this year he seems to have reigned in his reckless play so maybe someone finally sat him down and told him to not be dumb. Rick Nash should be applauded for being able to say what were all thinking (Ohio kind of sucks) but in the end he is still Rick Nash and must be ridiculed. Kevin Hayes couldnt cut it in Chicago so Im not mad at him, especially since the compensation became Graham Knott who appears to be not bad and is currently making Hand Knit very sad by beating up on the Frontenacs in the second round.

Mats Zuccarello is a good and good hockey midget mans. My Rangers hate is dying and is creating a rage void that needs to be filled. It will probably fall on Dallas or St.Louis.

Their coach is also the biggest whiner.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bewbies posted:

:agreed:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
you realize price had his best season ever after Kreider was tripped into him by HAS whipping boy Emelin right

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Levitate posted:

you realize price had his best season ever after Kreider was tripped into him by HAS whipping boy Emelin right

And missed almost the entire season this year because the injury is recurring. :v:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

You convinced me, that makes it better.

Their coach is also the biggest whiner.

Torts coaches in Columbus.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Levitate posted:

man the anger over that was hilarious. And I got a good av out of it!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Torts coaches in Columbus.

I know, he's back and it's still AV.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Flyinglemur posted:

I hope this is just Rutherford trolling everyone and game 1 will be MAF and Murray. Jesus Christ the sky is not falling.

Yet.

I really hope this is some serious gamesmanship from Rutherford.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Krime posted:

I really hope this is some serious gamesmanship from Rutherford.

It could also be because Donatelli won't rest Jarry and they don't want to ruin his development

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Hey. No one likes the Rangers but RAS. Hope that's not a controversial opinion for you all.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

bewbies posted:

no one was offended. some people thought that it made the people involved sound like idiots, which is true. hockey players are not intelligent people, mostly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wonderllama posted:

Hey. No one likes the Rangers but RAS. Hope that's not a controversial opinion for you all.

Wonderllama, as per usual, is the most correct poster.

Anyway.

https://twitter.com/ianoland/status/719322822057791488

Ovi is literally the greatest.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Wonderllama posted:

No refunds on Ryan Callahan and that's OK.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

VJeff posted:

Wonderllama, as per usual, is the most correct poster.

Anyway.

https://twitter.com/ianoland/status/719322822057791488

Ovi is literally the greatest.

Please give that man a Stanley Cup already.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Mind_Taker posted:

Please give that man a Stanley Cup already.

Wait until next season, tho

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

Trap sprung dude!!!

Who the heck was in goal for the isles in the 2nd half of the game?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Glambags posted:

Trap sprung dude!!!

Who the heck was in goal for the isles in the 2nd half of the game?

christopher gibson

He's a guy who requests people call him by his full name of christopher instead of chris

Not a very good goalie but when the Isles were actually trying they beat the Caps with him in net

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Wait until next season, tho

I mean he's basically already in the second round, so it might as well be this year.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Flyers reporter asking Raffl about playing all 82 games

R: Oh yeah, nice cool sick

Flyers reporter asking Raffl about playing in his first playoffs

R: This is my SECOND playoffs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

VJeff posted:

I mean he's basically already in the second round, so it might as well be this year.

lol at writing off Playoff Flyers in any capacity, just lol

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
later Regular Season 2015-2016

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if there's any team that could make zatkoff look like an all-world goalie, i have confidence in the rangers. that said, i'd much rather play him than fleury or the other guy.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The best thing to come from this thread, besides that Ovi gif up there, is "gay cadaver ankles."

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

caps are poo poo

kings are poo poo

everything is poo poo

bring on the inevitable caps-kings final

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yo Preds/Ducks is gonna be loving lit.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

grack posted:

It's either that or the Wings give up a hell of a good asset and take a miserable contract like Brooks Laich back.

What about Team USA forward Justin Abdelkader

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

triple sulk posted:

lol at writing off Playoff Flyers in any capacity, just lol

Are the Playoff Flyers supposed to be any less mediocre than the Regular Flyers for some reason?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I forget, do schedules come out tonight or do we need to wait a night?

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Thanks to a 2-0 shutout, Freddie Andersen and John Gibson won this year's Jennings Trophy. I don't think anyone expected that but it's pretty cool. Three awards out of the way.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The best thing to come from this thread, besides that Ovi gif up there, is "gay cadaver ankles."
the cap hit sucks, but you get gay cadaver ankles datsyuk. his skating style is fabulous.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jovial Cow posted:

I forget, do schedules come out tonight or do we need to wait a night?
Supposed to be late tonight

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

VJeff posted:

Are the Playoff Flyers supposed to be any less mediocre than the Regular Flyers for some reason?

Well... I guess less penalties get called so they have less opportunity to suck on the powerplay and penalty kill?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

THE MACHO MAN posted:

man the anger over that was hilarious. And I got a good av out of it!!

:hfive:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

JawKnee posted:

Well... I guess less penalties get called so they have less opportunity to suck on the powerplay and penalty kill?

Also no shootouts.

I'm confident the Flyers won't get swept. Pretty sure they won't win, but at least it won't be a laugher.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gonna dig the hell out of that cats-isles series

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Bracket challenge site is now open for bracket creation. If no one else is making a bracket thread I'm going to - and it's going to be bad

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Poonerman posted:

a 4-0 cats victory is going to rule i agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Poonerman posted:

I just got the schedule

Game 1 @ FLA: Thursday, 4/14 8 PM
Game 2 @ FLA: Friday, 4.15 7:30 PM
Game 3 @ NYI: Sunday, 4/17 8 PM
Game 4 @ NYI: Wednesday, 4/20 @ 8 PM
*Game 5 @ FLA: Friday, 4/22
*Game 6: @ NYI: Sunday, 4/24
*Game 7 @ FLA: Tuesday, 4/26

NHL dumb

e: there's golden gloves at Barclays on 4/18 which is why they have to have that 3-day break and that fucks up my whole week goddamn it loving Islanders

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 11, 2016

• Locked thread