Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

poptart_fairy posted:

Wait, that reduces the cooldown of medkits?

No, it increases the heal of medkits by 40% to everyone around you even yourself.

What possibly happened (and I just learned this today) is that if you use your heal ability but dip in and out of the heal AoE you'll keep proccing the heal as long as the AoE lasts. The other possibility is that he had a mask with Rehabilitated on it which is bugged at the moment and continues to heal you for 2% of your max health every second regardless of if you have a status effect on you or not. Once it procs it continues until you change zones by going through a door (or die?).

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Yeah people don't really know about the master mod for the heal talent making it so that green poo poo sits there. You can dip back into it 3 times per use and you'll heal each time.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also we pulled probably 6 yellows between the three of us in a few hours in 04-06. Not a bad haul, I got a yellow Pro Red Dot Sight with headshots and accuracy, which is loving dope because you can't craft that thing.

Now I just need a yellow 15x zoom headshot/crit one PLZ:negative:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

KFBR392 posted:

Now I just need a yellow 15x zoom headshot/crit one PLZ:negative:

Do you happen to know of ANY scopes like this from vendors? Yellow/purple, I don't care. I'm looking for decent stats with a REAL zoom for my snipes.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

el B posted:

Do you happen to know of ANY scopes like this from vendors? Yellow/purple, I don't care. I'm looking for decent stats with a REAL zoom for my snipes.

Boo DZ guy was selling a 17.5% HS 6.5% crit one an hour or two ago. Keep an eye on him. Or pull them from DZ. Or Russian Consulate guy drops scopes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, are they not doing dailies anymore until Tuesday?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hockles posted:

So, are they not doing dailies anymore until Tuesday?
division twitter says they're "investigating." this probably wasn't planned, but who knows

EDIT: https://division.zone/2016/04/09/no-new-daily-missions-until-incursions-update-on-april-12th/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Was on last night in DZ1&2 and there was a group of like 4-8 (kept fluctuating) that was wandering around and letting one of their people go rogue then protecting him while people came and tried to kill him by getting in the way of the would-be rogue killers' shots. They were camping the rooftop extraction and it went on for like half an hour. Was pretty funny to watch, they even made a point to go back to the nearest respawn area and clap for one pair of rogues they killed as they came out of the checkpoint, which led to some genuinely hilarious local chat when the killed rogues tried to act tough.

That was the largest group activity I've seen on the xbox. Definitely alot more random dudes going rogue last night than I've seen in a while, I was getting jumped quite a bit.

moist turtleneck posted:

The X Bone community may be smaller but the players are better overall in both personality and gaming prowess

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 10, 2016

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

el B posted:

Boo DZ vendor is selling a 17.5/6.5 headshot/critchance 15x scope for the next 40 min. 5463 DZ bux. Go!!!11

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Ah poo poo I missed it. Thanks tho

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

el B posted:

Ah poo poo I missed it. Thanks tho

Unless they have different stuff for PS and bone it should still be there.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I won't be home for a few hours :/

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Cross-posting this knowledge bomb:

Count Freebasie posted:

Is there any point at all to running the DZ solo, or is it an exercise in futility? I'd like to get some good gear relative to my level, but I assume that trying to do it outside of a group is pretty much an impossibility. Thoughts?

Snuffman posted:

Its very do-able and worth it, you just have to be smart about it.

If you're cruising the DZ solo:

- Stick to the lower areas DZ01 and DZ02.

- Run cloak pulse to hide yourself from rogues when extracting. Also helps you spot players as well.

- Secondary abilities, well, people will argue endlessly. I prefer +dmg +def heal so I can stay on the move and not waste my medkits. Turrets can be a nice distraction against NPCs but they also scream "HEY THERES A PLAYER HERE". Same goes for the healing station.

- Never. Ever. hang out right AT the extraction. You're making yourself an easy target for rogues. Hide within viewing distance and use the cloak pulse. When it looks clear, run in and extract. Also, the NPC spawns won't surround and kill you.

- Rogues don't just pulse in the radar, they pulse on the big map too. Use it to your advantage to be situationally aware of where the rogues are.

- At lower levels, I found that it wasn't worth hitting the DZ until I was just about to be pushed to the next bracket (14, 19, 24) if I was running solo.

If all else fails (or you want to go into the deeper DZ)

- If you see another solo player, ask if they want to team up or just send them an invite. I don't know about the consoles, but on the PC people are really willing to team up. Heck, I now have a regular group of people (in addition to my regular buddies) in my friend list I can team up with that I met through the game just by teaming up with solos in the DZ.
(emphasis, mine)

I found a good group of people waltzing around the low bracket DZ and have worked through up to DZ03 so far with them. :3:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
SINCE WE'RE THROWING OUT PRO TIPS:

Everyone should shoot the same man at the same time for increased single target DPS

http://i.imgur.com/qsmfKjT.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/phKhcXJ.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't be this guy

http://i.imgur.com/hgIOhpJ.gifv

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Not quite nuclear yet, but getting closer:
http://i.imgur.com/wVgVNyX.gifv

SimpleAnarchy
May 9, 2002

Those are some nice headphones
I'm at level 29 while I've been grinding DZ rank (currently 39). I'd like to at least get to 41 in case of ranking down, but should I just bite the bullet and level to 30 and put myself in DZ 30? I'm on Xbox if that makes a difference.

I'll start adding you Xbox dudes, please add me. GT: simpleanarchy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SimpleAnarchy posted:

I'm at level 29 while I've been grinding DZ rank (currently 39). I'd like to at least get to 41 in case of ranking down, but should I just bite the bullet and level to 30 and put myself in DZ 30? I'm on Xbox if that makes a difference.

I'll start adding you Xbox dudes, please add me. GT: simpleanarchy

The only problem with sticking at 29 is that you're missing out on the lvl30 gear. It's likely a much safer space to level in, though, if you want to get to 50. The lvl30 zone has been rogue central on the xbox at least.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's the highest dz rank? I'm almost 29 and will be heading there soon to rank up a bit.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kingtheninja posted:

What's the highest dz rank? I'm almost 29 and will be heading there soon to rank up a bit.

I'm rank 42 and glad DS3 is out today. I'm at that annoying point where all the rank 30 DZ gear is literally pointless for me, but the rank 50 stuff is a huge grind away. I have over 200k DZ credits just sat there for another eight levels, oye.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm rank 42 and glad DS3 is out today. I'm at that annoying point where all the rank 30 DZ gear is literally pointless for me, but the rank 50 stuff is a huge grind away. I have over 200k DZ credits just sat there for another eight levels, oye.
the DZ rank requirements change tomorrow though. You'll be able to get 31 gear with DZ credits instead of birdcoins.

Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245851-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
moist is the Michael J Fox of machinegunners

http://i.imgur.com/kwug2fu.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

Don't be this guy

http://i.imgur.com/BagGrmf.gifv

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I just hit 30, wrapped up all the story missions. I don't see any daily missions despite the game telling me they're unlocked. I also don't see anything on the advanced weapon vendor that can be bought for bird coins. Is there something I'm missing?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Kingtheninja posted:

I just hit 30, wrapped up all the story missions. I don't see any daily missions despite the game telling me they're unlocked. I also don't see anything on the advanced weapon vendor that can be bought for bird coins. Is there something I'm missing?

Daily missions are currently broken because reasons. You want the Special Weapons Vendor, upstairs in the tech wing, next to the calibration table, not the Advanced Weapons Vendor. Clear as mud, I know.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Daily missions are bugged. They'll be back up Tuesday with the new patch.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

moist turtleneck posted:

SINCE WE'RE THROWING OUT PRO TIPS:

Everyone should shoot the same man at the same time for increased single target DPS

http://i.imgur.com/qsmfKjT.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/phKhcXJ.gifv

Do you even mark targets bro?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
We know we're they're at

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They're here

http://i.imgur.com/ZUJorJ8.gifv

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
When are the Xbox servers meant to be back online?

Edit: the patch is downloading now.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 12, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Had a pretty decent time in the DZ yesterday (just starting out). Found another solo guy to group with, we ran around and I went from 8 to 13 in a few minutes. Had an interesting extract in the parking ramp, Found a group of 3 there who didn't attack us until AFTER we had extracted. I'm guessing they accidentally tagged one of us then decided to finish the job. Do you lose exp/money/keys if you get killed by rogue's as well as npcs?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah you drop keys. xp, and dzbucks to rogues.

Speaking of rogues, yesterday was interesting. A group figured out how to clip into the building just south of the first safe house, over by that frozen building with the named heavy, and were in there for like an hour killing people. It was the kind of situation that would lead to people never coming back to the dz again, if it got to be common. There was literally no way to kill them. You could knock one down, but the others could easily revive him, and even if you were able to clip in there you'd be dead by the time you got in.

The three sides of the building, didn't get video of the western wall but you can do the same thing there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmixTPYTrBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DDjbIUjGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6sfPgda_o

They would also send out one or two people to get killed so they could respawn and help clear people they couldn't reach from inside the building. It was pretty well organized and there wasn't much that could be done about it other than just not ever going to that safe house (you'd be killed the second you walked out of the door on the street, only the alley exit was safe). They were also pretty well geared, headshots only did a few thousand and body shots were mostly worthless.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna be poopsocking L14 DZ today if anyone wants to join in

Psn av8r1125

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Bill NYSE posted:

Can anyone tell me what weapon sounds like Tanya (From C&C Red Alert)'s Colt .45 pistols being spammed? I hear that sound going off from at least one teammate each PUG and really want to know what the gently caress is making that noise.

LOCK AND LOAD

hahahahahhaha

CH-CHINNGGGG

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

If any Xbox goons want to add a fledgling dark zoner to their outings, I'm oldmanbernard. I sometimes have a mic on, depending on whether or not I can get my dog to stop barking at people walking by our porch.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

JetsGuy posted:

LOCK AND LOAD

hahahahahhaha

CH-CHINNGGGG

I've gathered that it's a marksman rifle from seeing the distance people are from me when I hear it go off. The accuracy has to be abysmal if they're feathering the trigger on it.
Also, the explosions in this game are loving awesome!
http://i.imgur.com/HfRBBfk.gifv

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Any ps4 goons up for doing the incursion?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

chami posted:

Any ps4 goons up for doing the incursion?

Do I have to be good at game or appropriately geared? I haven't played in the few days that dailies have been broken.

E:

Patch notes say smart cover bonuses no longer stack for groups placing multiple smart covers on a single surface :smith:
Patch notes did not say anything as far as I saw about fixing the thing where using the matchmaking thing can break missions and keep them from starting. Nice to see that they are trying out the R* approach of taking out the things that are good while ignoring basic features that were broken from the start.

also

Tide posted:

Gonna be poopsocking L14 DZ today if anyone wants to join in

Psn av8r1125
I tried to search this PSN name to add you but it doesn't come up. Add me, PSN: mr_dread

titties fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 13, 2016

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

titties posted:

Do I have to be good at game or appropriately geared? I haven't played in the few days that dailies have been broken. PSN: mr_dread

No clue honestly, it has a recommended GS of 160 but having never done it, I can't say if it's accurate. It's getting a little late so I might do it tomorrow, but I'll add you to my friends list anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Haven't had a chance to check much, but did anyone else lose their DZ rank? The purple number on the log screen for my guy shows a 01 on it.

Also any word on sticky bomb? I've had numerous times where it doesn't damage people in its range (not just behind cover either) and it's getting really frustrating to use.

• Locked thread