Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I have absolutely no idea where to go in dark souls 3

where is the "beginner" supposed to go from the High Wall's second bonfire? I'm clueless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

It didn't run well enough to stay connected to online on my 560. Had to go grab a new video card yesterday.

Even on minimum settings w/ a ti? Dang

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm glad the run back to Bort is quick, because I spent a long time beating my head on him last night before finally getting a kill in. It seemed like a long way until I realized that all the enemies were easy to just run past and that I could just repeatedly roll off a series of platforms to get down to those stairs leading to his room without having to worry about those rear end in a top hat knights ever even seeing me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

turtlecrunch posted:

I really like that they kept Andre as the only NPC with a flapping mouth just like he was in DS1.

I like that he's flabbier.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there any way to get up to the dragon in lothric or do I have to plink it to death from below?

it's going to fly away like a weiner if you get it too low anyway

voltcatfish posted:

where is the "beginner" supposed to go from the High Wall's second bonfire? I'm clueless.

Uhhh forward? Go down the tower you're in till a place you can go out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

There is no "beginner" path this time, you're on a death march for quite a while. Head down from the room with the thief Hollow and the Lothric Knight and keep looking for a way forward.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

voltcatfish posted:

Assuming you're referring to the one past the first knight you (should) encounter, you go down from the bonfire to the top inside level of the tower. Go down one more level and look for an open door. Proceed past the rooftop and go in the direction of the fire archer you find just past the roof. You could turn around and go the other way, but that other way is what caused me to reroll a Knight. You should have it from there.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Best way to deal with the hulk hollows is to run up like a maniac and kill them before they pop. They go down in one hit if you make it fast enough.

But then you don't get that sweet, sweet ember

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh right thanks. I forgot to check there :doh:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
just won a 3v1 (host, sunbro, bluecop) invasion as the 1 :getin:

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
Has anyone done research on bleed numbers in ds3? How much damage, does it have a dot, is the stamina debut still in? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Does the first giant in the Cathedral drop anything special? I died before I could loot it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Where is the glorious sunbro covenant at?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Frankston posted:

This game is a lot harder than Dark Souls 2. I am getting my poo poo pushed in as deprived.

I love it.

Same, and it's making me play in half-hour/hour chunks before having a break and coming back, which I'm finding I enjoy a lot more than marathon 12-hour sessions. I only got about halfway through DS2 and stopped because I realised I was making myself think I liked it when I actually didn't, whereas this is the opposite. I take a break, thinking for a moment maybe it's not a game for me anymore, then when I come back to it my interest is renewed and exceeded in a sort of positive feedback loop.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

having trouble summoning my mate, we both have the same password on but he doesn't see my sign?

Any hot tips n tricks to deal with this?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Is there a level cap based on where you are in the story? Can't seem to level up despite having a good amount of souls.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nopantsjack posted:

having trouble summoning my mate, we both have the same password on but he doesn't see my sign?

Any hot tips n tricks to deal with this?

he might need to be within two weapon upgrade levels of you. that might only be for invasions though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

TheQat posted:

he might need to be within two weapon upgrade levels of you. that might only be for invasions though

hes +0 I'm +2 think that should work, we were having it be spotty but serviceable but hes rerolled warden and now no joy.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Waverhouse posted:

Has anyone done research on bleed numbers in ds3? How much damage, does it have a dot, is the stamina debut still in? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Bleed becomes one solid great burst of damage when it has built up and engaged, based on the resistances and damage-reduction stats of the target in question. It's a force to be reckoned with in PvE and skilled PvP. from start to finish.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nopantsjack posted:

hes +0 I'm +2 think that should work, we were having it be spotty but serviceable but hes rerolled warden and now no joy.

weird :(

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Etrips posted:

Is there a level cap based on where you are in the story? Can't seem to level up despite having a good amount of souls.

Er, no. The firekeeper will level you up at any point.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Bleed becomes one solid great burst of damage when it has built up and engaged, based on the resistances and damage-reduction stats of the target in question. It's a force to be reckoned with in PvE and skilled PvP. from start to finish.

So bleed is actually good again? I remember poison/bleed being pretty much useless in DS2.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bleed is good, poison is bad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Servers are probably just acting up a bit. I've been farming some Sunlight Medals for the sweet rewards and summon times are all over the place from near instant to 10 minutes, I constantly see people unable to connect whether myself or other summons, and at two points my game just stopped letting me place a summon sign and made me relog for whatever reason.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

so is this a crashy mess? worth getting now or wait and see if they patch it up?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

My parrying sense finally clicked with the Small Leather Shield of all things. gently caress you knights. gently caress you everything

Also re: fighting Venoms. Hard dudes don't use firebombs and just whack them with a torch. They writhe and screech just the same, but you just need to keep in mind the 3-5 second grace period they have after recovering where they're immune to any further Michael Bay moments

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

John DiFool posted:

so is this a crashy mess? worth getting now or wait and see if they patch it up?

Depends on what vidcard you have and how well-cooled/dust-free your case/card are, it seems. i'm having no problems with a 4690k and nvidia 980, but i haven't checked my temps yet

or just get it on ps4

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

John DiFool posted:

If you have the latest hardware I think you're good - I should note a Nvidia 760 or something like that and other pretty good computer stuff, don't know exact stats on my PC, is not good enough to avoid crashes - otherwise I'd grab it for a console. People in the thread with the latest video cards seem to be mostly getting through without crashes, seems like. Personally I'm probably gonna pick the PC version up again later during a Steam sale or something, the crashes had me refund it and switch to PS4. Can't wait to find out I was wrong to do that and the PS4 version also has major problems or something...

(Edit) more exact computer stats: Intel i5-4670 3.40 GHZ, GeForce GTX 760, looks like 16GB of ram. I admit I'm pretty shaky on PC stuff in general, though, so I'm just assuming this computer is at least all right. Maybe you'll have more luck despite having my same system? And the real shame is the game runs GREAT with this, like 60 FPS or so it seems at 1920x1080 with the game set to the high preset graphical setting, but after a few bonfires the crashes begin and don't stop. It really blows.

Jack Van Burace fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 12, 2016

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Funny, I thought it was specifically the people with GTX980 vroom vroom video cards that have had their games exploding on the launchpad

I'm running ancient garbage that just skirts the minimum requirements and I'm sailing as smooth as pudding

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

lets hang out posted:

Bleed is good, poison is bad

Poison when you can get long lived in PvP is helpful at making peoples health tick down. Making another twink on bleed+poison now..

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Anti-Hero posted:

Covenants how to access, in roughly the order you will encounter them -
  • Bluebabies - Speak with Emma in the room opposite fatknight's boss room in High Wall of Lothric

• SunnyD - Pick up the emblem in a hidden room in Undead Settlement. To reach it, find the house with 2 jingling elves and 1 red-eyed undead villager in it, there are also some cage monsters in a long hallway on the bottom floor. You should notice on the bottom floor there is a door you cannot open. Go back up one floor and find a hole you can drop into to access that room. You redeem sun talismans in (boss spoiler) a hidden room in Lothric Castle, before the Armor boss. Look around the building opposite the entrance to the boss room for a ladder, otherwise you won't be able to get in (there's a locked door on the building you can't open from the outside).

• Purples (boss spoiler) - Do not engage the Greatwood boss. From the first bonfire in the Undead Settlement, head to where the evangelist and some workers are holding a prayer at a big burning tree. From there, go right along a bridge. Around the right side of the next building is an extra path with lots of jingle elves blowing darts at you. From the furthest right rooftop, you can drop down to another small area where there is a big guy with a cage on his back. Don't hurt him, walk up behind him and enter the cage.

• Bluecops - Speak with Horace when you meet him and Anri on the Path of Sacrifices

• Reds - You need to have opened the shortcut to the left side of the bonfire in Cathedral of the Deep (if you are facing the bonfire it is to your left). There is a second door within that shortcut that leads to an elevator. Take the elevator up, kill the crossbow enemy, then examine the ledge it was standing on to find a path around. Then, drop off onto a lower red tile roof path. From there, head up the path and eventually there will be an opening to your left that leads you to a bunch of sexy curvy rafters. Head left along those till you find yet another place you can drop down onto a platform. Fight a bunch of maggot people, then take the door to your right. If you are looking for the full red orb, a NPC in Firelink will at some point appear near the largest empty throne, and he will give you 5 cracked orbs. Use all of them/progress a bit and he will give you a key. Go to the second bonfire in High Wall of Lothric, then go to the bottom floor and use the key.

• Defendercov1 - In the poisonous swamp area, in the middleish portion there is a tower. Wander around that tower till you find a ladder with leeches at the base of it. Go up the ladder and the covenant will be waiting for you by the bonfire there.

• Defendercov2 (boss spoiler) - After you defeat the Pontiff boss, there will be a road covered in dead giants. At the end of the road is a building with a staircase leading up, but what you want to do is check around the first room you enter for an illusory wall. Run really fast around the area behind the wall so you can find a fat guy before you are murdered horribly by Rudolph the Red-Eyed Ratdog x2.

• Blues2s,Even Bluer (MAJOR location spoiler, I'm serious don't look if you have not beaten the game) - There is an invisible bridge off the rotating staircase in Anor Londo, leading toward where the painting cathedral was in DS1. You may have to rotate the staircase. You can use prism stones to identify the path. - thx lets hang out for this one

• Dragons (location/location access/boss spoilers) - There isn't one. That said, you can get the dress-up suit. You have to fully explore a hidden map you can access from the dungeon/jail map by using a gesture you learn after defeating the Onceiros boss in Lothric Castle. You use the gesture in a shortcut path in the jail, where there is a bizarre broken statue sitting and facing a vista of the mountains and some ruins. Then, to get the second stone to complete your suit you need to talk to Andre/Hawkwood in Firelink then teleport to the Abyss Watchers boss arena.

• Other Covenant - I'm just keeping the dream alive here.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 12, 2016

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The pilgrim guy in the shrine tricked me and made me black. Is there a way to undo it?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Where do you redeem Sunny D stickers?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

turtlecrunch posted:

covs

i like your nicknames for things

CJ posted:

The pilgrim guy in the shrine tricked me and made me black. Is there a way to undo it?

i don't know what you mean by this and it sounds really funny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CJ posted:

Black unlives matter, CJ.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I had a hilarious summon experience last night at the second boss, me and the other phantom were just stuck outside the fog door while our summoner got killed inside. We waved a lot and cheered him on, but he died.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

turtlecrunch posted:

• Blues2s,Even Bluer

Realest spoilers btw Invisible bridge from the rotating stairway in Anor Londo, leading off toward where the cathedral was in ds1.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

scamtank posted:

Where do you redeem Sunny D stickers?

There is a (boss spoiler) secret room near the Armor boss in Lothric Castle with a sunlight altar in it- iirc you need to go around the side of the building directly opposite the entrance to the boss arena, then climb up a ladder to the roof.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Anti-Hero posted:

It's in the second major area, the Undead Settlement

More detailed instructions, in case anyone was looking for it for ages like I was:

From the "Undead Settlement" bonfire, follow the path towards the house with the two dudes outside. Go through it and you'll emerge in a clearing full of enemies and a horrible fat witch woman. Either kill or avoid the enemies and circle around to the house behind the tree the witch was resting at. Enter the house and you should be in a dark room with an item in it (Not the room with the two thief guys). There's a hole in the floor where you can drop down, the covenant is in that room. And some soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

lets hang out posted:

Invisible bridge from the rotating stairway in Anor Londo, leading off toward where the cathedral was in ds1.

I had the general area hurray.