Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

escape mechanism posted:

I saw that webm of a robot breakdancing to a nice tune and now I have to watch this show.

There's no reason to go back and watch the January preview if I saw ep01, right?

Based on what other people said, the preview is just 01 minus the last few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

tsob posted:

Well one of them has a drop shaped hair thing, so they could just come in all sorts of shapes.

Oh, i'm sure they do. It's not the shapes i'm curious about, more that the entire Bad Team has them while no one ('til Freyja) has them on the Good Team. At least as far as i can tell.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

a kitten posted:

Oh, i'm sure they do. It's not the shapes i'm curious about, more that the entire Bad Team has them while no one ('til Freyja) has them on the Good Team. At least as far as i can tell.

Well that was my point, one of the bad guys doesn't have a star shaped one, but a tear drop shaped one.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Ikenai Borderline status: GIRI GIRI MIND

EPISODE 2 WHEN

I AM LITERALLY GOING TO EXPLODE WITH HYPE

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Wait, rad as heck purple girl isn't even in the running? It is between the pilot lady and the insufferable hair tentacle girl?

I think purple girl has her own guy - the current leader of Delta Squadron. Presumably, they'll be the older and wiser couple spectating on the main characters' hormonal antics. Messy death optional but possible for one or both of them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I think purple girl has her own guy - the current leader of Delta Squadron. Presumably, they'll be the older and wiser couple spectating on the main characters' hormonal antics. Messy death optional but possible for one or both of them.

I don't really care about who she gets together with, but she isn't one of the two heroines. I mean just look at that promo picture, she is in the background with all the scrubs.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

EPISODE 2 WHEN

So, the word is that the Japanese Blurays will have English subs on them.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-04-04/macross-delta-anime-1st-blu-ray-dvd-listed-with-english-subtitles/.100634

Probably too expensive, but hey it's something!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, Kawamori has expressed annoyance at not being able to do simultaneous streams of new Macross like new Gundam shows can - so this might be his work around. Not that it's likely to work without (a) a lot of attention being drawn to it and (b) a saner price and amount of content than Japan usually goes for.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Forget the idols, when do we get to the freakin' model kits

I want and need more Drakens in my life.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
Why are people confused by the runes (hair things)? I thought the episode made it pretty clear that the Widemerans are a distinct type of humanoid like the marsupial people from Dynamite 7 and those are just an aspect of their biology.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

MJP posted:

Forget the idols, when do we get to the freakin' model kits

I want and need more Drakens in my life.

From June for the vf31j at least. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10382560

The mecha collection die-cast look pretty good as well. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10382556 & http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10376553

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I was briefly addicted to Frontier's soundtrack and it's rapidly looking like it'll be the same thing all over again with Delta.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/TornInfatuatedBullmastiff.webm

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Watched the first episode.
Started off wondering the the hell I was watching.
Quickly turned rad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Have I mentioned how wonderful it is that this show refers to a loving idol group as a 'tactical sound unit'? Because it is.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Did they refer to Fire Bomber or the Songbirds as that? Cause they probably should have.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

TWO MORE DAYS TO ALL NEW CONTENT

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A squad that saves the universe through mecha and Eurovision? I'm in!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This is a good show and I'm heavily excited.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

tsob posted:

Did they refer to Fire Bomber or the Songbirds as that? Cause they probably should have.

They were just called "sound force".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched the proper first episode of this and I still can't quite wrap my head around this insanity but it's fun so whatever. Looking forward to episode 2.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I see there's raws for episode 2 floating around and that makes me :neckbeard:

Also, i finally thought just to look at gg's site and

ggkthx posted:

Guess we’re going to be doing this (read: committing to it) since Real Legal Anime Sites can’t deal with the licensing clusterfuck that is called Macross. Episode 1 has quite a few changes from the Preview episode (better animation, some change in dialogue, new content toward the end, etc). Enjoy!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Kylra posted:

EPISODE 2 WHEN

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

I see there's raws for episode 2 floating around and that makes me :neckbeard:

Also, i finally thought just to look at gg's site and

Deculture

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

BlitzBlast posted:

I snickered when Hayate's sudden I FEEL THE WIND revelation distracts him and he gets shot down.

It felt very much like a "I'm a leaf on the wind" moment for me. Good thing this didn't happen in the last episode or the movie!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Poor Hayate can't do a single thing without pissing off Mirage.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

Poor Hayate can't do a single thing without pissing off Mirage.

Well, he is kind of a huge dickhead.

"Civilians on the battlefield are a really big danger to everyone! Are you even thinking about what you're doing???"
"Yeah well, you hosed up your dance move by .2 seconds. Guess you're the one who's not thinking about what they're doing. :smuggo:"

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I can't be the only one who laughed at ERNEST JOHNSON

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
New drinking game, take a shot whenever someone talks about "the wind."

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm feelin' this OP.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm feeling this show.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm really feelin' this ED.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

UWAAAAA I NEED MORE. JUST INJECT IT STRAIGHT INTO MY EYES THANKS.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kylra posted:

I'm feeling this show.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The second episode is also really good! I love the OP, I love the weird cat-seals, I love what a little poo poo Hayate is, I love the giant captain, I love pilot lady's angry face, I love... just about everything! The ED's a bit less impressive, perhaps, but it's still good. Her voice in it really sounds like Ranka's.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mordja posted:

New drinking game, take a shot whenever someone talks about "the wind."

Since the antagonist dudes are "Windemerians", this seems like a really quick way to blackout city.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kira~

I'm glad the squishy, animate cellphones are still a thing.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I can't be the only one who laughed at ERNEST JOHNSON

Also continuing the tradition of Macross Captain's having to duck to get through doors

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Leaked screengrab from the live-action Macross Delta

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Mikumo didn't even do anything this episode and she was still radder than everyone else combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

Mikumo didn't even do anything this episode and she was still radder than everyone else combined.
There's a reason Frejya is Mikumo's biggest fangirl!

• Locked thread