Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Is Cathedral of the Deep supposed to be kicking my rear end? Because it's kicking my rear end. I feel like my only viable option is to try to run through and dodge everything as fast as possible because the enemies are numerous, have high health, and don't gently caress around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Winkie01 posted:

How do you become unhollowed?

Buy the tower key.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
holy poo poo, abyss watchers might be my new favorite boss fight

But why does it seem like everyone is using either a longsword or uchigatana? I haven't seen a single person repping my boy the claymore :'C

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The best part about the claymore is the gigantic scabbard my guy wears on his back when he equips it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Winkie01 posted:

There don't seem to be any obvious negative effects. Unless you mean how to become embered, which is either use an ember or co op down a boss.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Winkie01 posted:

If you mean the hollowing stat, I think you gotta pay souls to the fire keeper lady. Not sure if you have to unlock this option by doing something first.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

Go back to Road of Sacrifices/nice part of the swamp to find another path.

No siree bob can I find this elusive other path

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Any pointers for cleric? Just focus on faith and some str+dex?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

turtlecrunch posted:

It's a glitch. Enjoy!

Haha, I decided to just phantom around a bit and on a boss battle that creates mirror images, one of them turned invincible and wouldnt let the fight end. I felt so sorry for my host.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
So this ice sword guy at the bottom of the Undead Settlement, like a faster version of the first real boss. How in the everloving gently caress do I kill that thing? I can't think of anywhere else to go since I killed a tree.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So, (item spoiler-y question, maybe not that much of a spoiler but putting it in a tag just in case) Flynn's Ring. What exactly does it increase attack based off of? In DS2 it was just your maximum equip load, right? Is it still like that?

e:

TRON JEREMY posted:

But why does it seem like everyone is using either a longsword or uchigatana? I haven't seen a single person repping my boy the claymore :'C
Rapier 4 lyfe. Poke things all day every day.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
every time i move or do something, it halts all ambient noises which then start playing again a few seconds later and then cut out. this repeats endlessly - has anyone figured out why or how to fix this?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A few questions.

1. Those of you playing with keyboard and mouse. Any thoughts? How is it? The keyboard and mouse controls for Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 were... bad. Yes yes yes, I know, controllers are superior for this sort of thing. I don't like controllers. So, how is keyboard and mouse?

2. As someone who has a few dozen hours into Dark Souls 2 but gave up, any suggestions on classes to pick? What is easiest, other then Hurf a Durf "Pick Knight because armor!" Which is valid, but, but any other thoughts?

3. How is the spear guy I heard about? He looks interesting.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The Rokstar posted:

So, (item spoiler-y question, maybe not that much of a spoiler but putting it in a tag just in case) Flynn's Ring. What exactly does it increase attack based off of? In DS2 it was just your maximum equip load, right? Is it still like that?

it's How much of your equip load you are using

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Verviticus posted:

every time i move or do something, it halts all ambient noises which then start playing again a few seconds later and then cut out. this repeats endlessly - has anyone figured out why or how to fix this?

Nope, noticed it when I was trying to find fake walls.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Elderbean posted:

So far I've pretty much just pumped up Vitality/Faith/Attunement and wrecked everything with my Raw Mace.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Elderbean posted:

If your going for a caster, you will beable to upgrade weapons to scale off your faith instead of str dex, so you don't have to go that heavy in them.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if i get summoned and stuck on the switching screen with the cycling tips, it will fail eventually and spit me back out, right? . . . right?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That corpse in the throne at the hub is not a corpse. :stare:

e: The fella with the hat who you use the Cell Key for. Where's he end up at the hub?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

TRON JEREMY posted:

holy poo poo, abyss watchers might be my new favorite boss fight

+3 Claymore, most of the Mirrah set save for the chest. :hfive:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

codo27 posted:

No siree bob

It's in the area with those guys who try to poke you with their massive wood and then there's an area within that area where there is some ruins with some annoying mages and some regular hollows, look around there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just got invaded by someone who couldn't be hit. :negative:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Bogart posted:

e: The fella with the hat who you use the Cell Key for. Where's he end up at the hub?

Down the left stairs facing Andre

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bogart posted:

One of the side paths near Andre.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Holy poo poo gently caress this ice knight at the bottom of the elevator, how is he harder to kill than the drat boss.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ok, what is the trick to hitting enemies that do nothing but circle strafe and roll? That's five weapons now that no attacks could land. Is there a way around it?

e: The bastard sword's art just went straight through a phantom and did nothing, I think I'm going to wait for less bad connections.

e: Just got pulled out of a second stomp and teleported into a parry. Good old dark souls

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 13, 2016

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

So this ice sword guy at the bottom of the Undead Settlement, like a faster version of the first real boss. How in the everloving gently caress do I kill that thing? I can't think of anywhere else to go since I killed a tree.

Just shoot him with a bow from outside the door, if he gets too close back up a bit, rinse and re-do

This game is the best. I killed the blue covenant lady in the church and this giant quadrupedal knight turned up and one hits me every time, anyone knocked this guy off successfully?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I'm easily 75% of the way through the game and just realized that I totally missed freeing the chick that sells miracles. :darksouls:

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
So uh my character has red scars where her eyes used to be and looks pickled what did I do

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so how early can I get the moonlight greatsword?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

RBA Starblade posted:

Just got invaded by someone who couldn't be hit. :negative:

Happened with me too, still don't know if it was ultra lag or hacker.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I got a sharp gem from a lizard and got hype bc I have 19 dex but it turns out I can't use it yet for some reason :<

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Where can I get an upgrade for the pyromancy vendor? He's still selling all the basic poo poo he started with.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
OMG totally forgot this came out. I haven't even been following it. Screenshots look like Bloodborne almost. Neat.

Please tell me the game is good. I've loved all the Souls n Bloodborne.

34 mins till download is done.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
gently caress, I'm gonna have to farm up more levels to kill this stupid ice knight. I hate when the game level checks you in the face. Dude murders me in 2 hits. :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ZZZorcerer posted:

Happened with me too, still don't know if it was ultra lag or hacker.

I think it's just lag, but god drat I've done nothing with these red eye orbs. I can't hit anyone!

e: I give up, it's impossible to hit anyone who runs, or dodges, or strafes, with anything.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Hahaha I like how you join the mound makers.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
:stare:

Enemy didn't live up to the hype though.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Fuzz posted:

gently caress, I'm gonna have to farm up more levels to kill this stupid ice knight. I hate when the game level checks you in the face. Dude murders me in 2 hits. :smith:

Don't get hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's four enemies hit with the stomp and R2, and four that took no damage or even poise damage. :sigh: