Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

checksin posted:

New Japan will buy the library so they can keep Kato Okada from ever being seen again

Well, there's the theory that New Japan knew that was gonna happen to Okada all along and sent him anyway so he'd learn some humility before they pushed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Keeping TNA just afloat enough to humiliate Dixie Carter and keep her losing money should bring people more joy.

She doesn't need our help to humiliate herself, she does that every time she sends an email

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

She doesn't need our help to humiliate herself, she does that every time she sends an email

Without the support of viewers like you Dixie Carter might not be able to send emails much longer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA forgot to fill out the About Us section of their website:

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/720036062396084224

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Without the support of viewers like you Dixie Carter might not be able to send emails much longer.

This needs to be a video with Arms Of An Angel playing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

croutonZA posted:

It is surprising that their UK tour was a bust though. I thought the good UK attendances and ratings were the few good things they had going for them.

More people paid to see them on that tour than did in the states for the entirety of the previous year, but crowds were down from what they did the year before and for the size of the venues they did. They put a brave face on it, but the UK is a really hot territory at the moment, with indies getting bigger and bigger crowds. They expected much more.

They also struggled to keep people at the venue's for the second tapings on two show nights. About half the 3 thousand they drew in Manchester left after the end of the first taping despite having the bigger second main event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

croutonZA posted:

lol

It is surprising that their UK tour was a bust though. I thought the good UK attendances and ratings were the few good things they had going for them.

Their UK tours have been declining for years.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And now WWE and NXT are running shows in the UK, so they're not exactly starved for wrestling anymore. That was the biggest reason TNA was doing well over there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so does Dixie conduct all her business dealings over the phone? I have a hard time believing you can email investors and then bcc them on another email laughing at their haircuts and get a lot of financial support.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've gotten my hopes up more than once about the hilarity of TNA finally dying and they still continue to zombie march forward

I'm not falling for that again!!

TNA needs to be dead and in the ground for at least a month before I am prepared to celebrate its passing.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

TNA needs to be dead and in the ground for at least a month before I am prepared to celebrate its passing.

But you'll have missed out on a full month of celebration at that point?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How many of you got Jarrett bean bag brawlers

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ballpark figures of how many Slapnuts Blvd signs they sold in total? I'm guessing two.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Keeping TNA just afloat enough to humiliate Dixie Carter and keep her losing money should bring people more joy.

I nealy asked what humiliation is left, but this is Dixie we're talking about.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/720066613777707014

GFW has gold so it can't be them.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Skinty McEdger posted:

More people paid to see them on that tour than did in the states for the entirety of the previous year, but crowds were down from what they did the year before and for the size of the venues they did. They put a brave face on it, but the UK is a really hot territory at the moment, with indies getting bigger and bigger crowds. They expected much more.

They also struggled to keep people at the venue's for the second tapings on two show nights. About half the 3 thousand they drew in Manchester left after the end of the first taping despite having the bigger second main event.

ICW sold out a 4k seat arena over a month in advance for their 18+ only big event last November, with the headline match featuring two TNA wrestlers, Grado and Drew Galloway. So it isn't a lack of interest in wrestling or the wrestlers involved it's just TNA people don't care about in the UK.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

TNA forgot to fill out the About Us section of their website:

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/720036062396084224

Only organic AJ's.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Should be fun to watch TNAMecca or Asylum or whatever spin this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh even they don't bother spinning it. The roster page still having King Mo and like 10 other people that aren't there is a running joke with them too.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Only organic AJ's.

The Team:

NO ONE

sounds about right

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

How many of you got Jarrett bean bag brawlers

Jarrett gets a whole page to himself but Big Poppa Pump has to settle for a t-shirt? No wonder WCW went out of business.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And now WWE and NXT are running shows in the UK, so they're not exactly starved for wrestling anymore. That was the biggest reason TNA was doing well over there.

they also have a thriving indie scene that can draw pretty well and bring in some big name outside talent on occasion.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Proliferation of the WWE network has probably helped wean UK audiences off of TNA programming now there's good wrestling available for much less than the cost of a sky sports package.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RZApublican posted:

Jarrett gets a whole page to himself but Big Poppa Pump has to settle for a t-shirt? No wonder WCW went out of business.

they sold a ton of slap nuts shirts to edgy teens.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

they sold a ton of slap nuts shirts to edgy teens.

Good point. I do like however that Jarrett is still trying to this day to get someone to buy a signed photo of him.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

I'm just laughing at the fact that ICW has replaced TNA in how many seats it's able to fill in the UK with them having a 13,000 Seater Venue in Glasgow at November and TNA are loving working in a garage.

Maybe if they are lucky, Drew will just leave with the TNA title, destroy it and then just use the leather strap as the belt like they did with the old tag-team belts.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sounds familiar:

quote:

PWTorch obtained the following ad sales information capturing Pop’s business position.

The March 29 TNA Impact generated $18,414 in ad revenue, which was less than half of its “Days of Our Lives” lead-in. Impact also generated less money for a 30-second ad than an acquired movie.

TNA Impact First-Run Airing Revenue: $18,414
Avg. unit cost for a 30-second ad: $335
Days of Our Lives lead-in Revenue: $44,135
Avg. unit cost for 30-second ad: $1,100-1,250
“You’ve Got Mail” acquired movie 30-second ad: $406

rovert fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 13, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Isn't TNA's deal mostly based on ad revenue sharing?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Isn't TNA's deal mostly based on ad revenue sharing?

There's always debate about that. But most people operate under the belief there's a 50/50 split.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Blasmeister posted:

Proliferation of the WWE network has probably helped wean UK audiences off of TNA programming now there's good wrestling available for much less than the cost of a sky sports package.

The WWE network isn't the big factor but it's helped. TNA's popularity in the UK has always been hugely overstated, particularly by them. I could do a big effort post about it, but fans in the UK have always been willing to spend money on the WWE and been much more reluctant to do so on TNA.

Ratings for TNA haven't taken that significant a dip in the UK. They've always appeared more popular than they actually are*. The key factor in why TNA did worse on the last few tours is that they have put on a product that people don't want to spend money on.

(*Whenever Challenge does a "Bullseye" (an 80's darts quiz show) marathon it does better than TNA does.)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Blizz Pizz Love Us posted:

Dixie's intransigence aside, it's mind-boggling to me that they can still (apparently) find a potential investor at this point. The brand is totally toxic, between the sleazy name and the decade of mismanagement, and even if it weren't, I don't think there's much of an untapped market for more pro wrestling out there. Why would anyone want a majority stake in TNA in TYOOL 2016? What would they possibly have to gain?

Dude, have you seen the size of the storehouse they are moving into? Storage space does not come cheap these days, and wrestlers are pretty strong so they should make formidable storemen.

Chris James 2 posted:

And just think of all the emails she was too dumb to send.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

It's the end of an era. Chris Regal's latest article on TNA Mecca is basically "WWE is better than TNA."

The meccarites are not happy:

quote:

I am sorry but wwe's blatant cheap internet acceptance is the fact everyone was always a huge fan of wwe first and foremost. It's a clusterfuk of trying to make the iwc happy when the iwc is full of the most bi polar fans of anything. The iwc cries about which company is not like it was. Maybe the fans are the ones changing and the smarks have finally got to them. Make no mistake TNA is not perfect . I will admit that. But I have seen worst years in TNA. And do you still believe the headquarters are still thst small? Have you not seen the real size? Do you think talent is not getting paid? Did Dave Meltzer finally get to you?

Skinty McEdger fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 13, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Repost from the twitter thread

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/720085644920426496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So TNA revealed the address of their new facility, which is easily viewable though Google Earth, etc. And the Mecca response is "Do you really believe it's that small?"

Yes? I mean, it's right there, I'm looking at it. Or is this "Who do you believe? Dixie? Or your lying eyes?"

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Oh god.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

never stop, dixie

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So TNA revealed the address of their new facility, which is easily viewable though Google Earth, etc. And the Mecca response is "Do you really believe it's that small?"

Yes? I mean, it's right there, I'm looking at it. Or is this "Who do you believe? Dixie? Or your lying eyes?"

Maybe they think it's a TARDIS, and is bigger on the inside than the outside? Or maybe there's some super secret underground facility, going 10 stories down, like a supervillain's lair, protected by laser grids and swinging axes and acid pits.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's the end of an era. Chris Regal's latest article on TNA Mecca is basically "WWE is better than TNA."

The meccarites are not happy:

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE REAL SIZE????

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE REAL SIZE????

quote:

Sorry Chris you feel this way but i also disagree. The indy-riffick "great-in-ring-wrestling" that seems to have grown popular does absolutely nothing for me.

I also question something resembling a boom period. Over the whole market business for everyone seem to be done. Its more likely they have managed toradicalise the hardcore segment of the audience making believe they have a voice and is part of the show.

Qiuet frankly i would rather not have to see the nxt-crowd in tna aswell. Just a bunch of narcisstic and disrespectful bunch of fans. They are also really dumb, paying for a product they dont like and instead of showing displeasure with the company by not paying, they instead pay the company but poo poo all over the talent.

Wrestling is dying and i dont think TNA will prosper by catering to the narrow fanbase and jumping on to some Bandwagon. Qiuet the opposite they should continue the course i think turn up the heat a couple of notches and have the great wrestling matches mean something.

Qiuet frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Qiuet frankly i would rather not have to see the nxt-crowd in tna aswell. Just a bunch of narcisstic and disrespectful bunch of fans. They are also really dumb, paying for a product they dont like and instead of showing displeasure with the company by not paying, they instead pay the company but poo poo all over the talent.

Exactly, unlike TNA that doesn't allow their fans to pay for the product at all. That's how you get real fans, and not ones that thought they were in line for the Backdraft ride at Universal.

• Locked thread