Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Harrow posted:

How's the Lucerne this time around? I've been rolling Uchigatana for a while and the bleed is fantastic, but I wouldn't mind something with a bit more reach.

The lucerne seemed pretty decent, alright speed with good reach and good damage, but its heavy attack seemed pretty trash to me. I tried the lothric long spear after using lucerne for awhile and it feels about the same but with a more useful heavy attack but slightly lower damage.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Wait, the Chloranthy ring is there too? I went through that path and didn't see it.

You have to go down that side tower, it's hidden under some boxes beside the mirah? armor set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TheQat posted:

put your summon sign down for Asylum Demon, tree boss, or the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire (the first purple npc is 3000 souls). All have pretty good potential with low risk by that point

Crystal Sage is a pretty good pick too. Very easy boss if the host keeps his wits about him.

Betty
Apr 14, 2008
Anyone had any success with the in game voice chat for PC? I have mine enabled and I can see the icon on screen of other people having theirs on, plus the little green bars when they speak, but I haven't actually heard anyone talking.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'd just like to curse 10,000 Jesus' down on top of those loving pontiff knights.

Lucifa
Feb 9, 2005

gently caress yeah, never got past first boss on DS2 or second on Bloodborne but just 1 shotted the 2nd boss here. Basically has little range attack, just keep circling round him until the moment is right then run in.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Someone just told me you can get Artorias' armour somewhere, could someone point me towards it please? I already have the sword and board from the covenant.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm convinced the thrall axe doesn't exist at this point. I've killed a million of those fuckers and they drop everything but the axe. I just want to Bloodborne it up :negative:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So is the Pontiff's Left Eye as good as it sounds? I ate that boss' soul like 10 hours ago thinking all you would get was his mace, you'd think I'd learn after 4 souls games not to eat boss souls without knowing what they make.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Marogareh posted:

I'm convinced the thrall axe doesn't exist at this point. I've killed a million of those fuckers and they drop everything but the axe. I just want to Bloodborne it up :negative:

Its funny you posted right after the guy I gave the Dark Sword to yesterday, I also have the thrall axe

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I found a halberd and a red-hilted halberd, with different weapon stances. I love that it's back to DS1 and 2's weapon variety and not BB's 13 weapons for the whole game.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Jade Mage posted:

Someone just told me you can get Artorias' armour somewhere, could someone point me towards it please? I already have the sword and board from the covenant.

You buy it from the handmaid in the Untended Graves area, accessed after OCELOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Lothric Castle.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So is the Pontiff's Left Eye as good as it sounds? I ate that boss' soul like 10 hours ago thinking all you would get was his mace, you'd think I'd learn after 4 souls games not to eat boss souls without knowing what they make.

I had it equiped for awhile and never noticed it doing anything.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

codo27 posted:

Its funny you posted right after the guy I gave the Dark Sword to yesterday, I also have the thrall axe

Are you playing a thief? What's your luck that you keep getting all these sweet drops. Praise the codo!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

voltron lion force posted:

I had it equiped for awhile and never noticed it doing anything.

good, just found out I can buy it anyway.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Your Computer posted:

A way beside purging stones and curing it? How far into the game?

This is honestly putting a damper on my fun and if I can't do anything about it until the game is halfway completed or something I'm gonna be pretty sad.

getting five free stats and knowing my guy is beef jerky under the helmet i wear all game ruined the game for me too, just like ds2, and ds1.

not

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

So I finally got my beloved winged spear. It feels so good to be reunited after all this time. Now I have the problem of not having enough titanite shards. Nothing drops them consistently, and nobody is selling them.
What has a high chance of giving me the titanite? And where do I get sharp gems?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jade Mage posted:

What covenant gives those weapons? I'd love it back.

quote:

So I finally got my beloved winged spear. It feels so good to be reunited after all this time. Now I have the problem of not having enough titanite shards. Nothing drops them consistently, and nobody is selling them.
What has a high chance of giving me the titanite? And where do I get sharp gems?

I have three +1 weapons and zero +2, it feels like buffing more than one was a mistake.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 13, 2016

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The Prima guide also suggests that you fight the dancer the first time you get there, warning you that it's optional but neglecting to mention that it's a lategame boss. Even worse, it tells you to shoot the two dragons in Lothric Castle with arrows until they die, without even suggesting there might be a way past them or mentioning that they die fro the abyss fungus later on. Just as though that was the way you're supposed to get past them. And it's straight-up wrong on some of its boss strategies; for example it says that the abyss watchers "don't play favorites," and will attack each other if they can't reach you, which is totally false since each watcher that spawns is either explicitly hostile or explicitly friendly. They even spawn in a specific order that one would think would be covered in a boss strategy section of the guide.

And the one thing I actually tried to use it for (locating mimics I missed since it was suggested that the last one was guaranteed to drop the symbol of avarice if the others didn't) proved another failing - the bestiary section lists mimics in three different areas that don't appear on the actual map of those areas, leaving me to wonder if they exist at all or where they could possibly be.

Stuff like this bothers me more because of that AMA the author did on reddit (that got taken down by Prima) where he said that he was a massive fan and spent hundreds of hours making sure the guide was the highest quality and how there's 0 chance he missed any important information or any secrets. Obviously he was just trying to sell more guides, but still.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

What covenant gives those weapons? I'd love it back.

30 kills of intruders in the watchdogs bags you the greatshield the sword is a boss soul weapon of the abyss watchers past farron keep. The sword has a default greatsword moveset with the front flip dunk and one handed spin as stance attacks

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The Skeleton King posted:

You can unlock the ability to buy titanite shards in an infinite amount from giving some ashes to the shrine maiden, and just killing stuff in the swamp area seems to be getting me more titanite shards than I can ever possibly use. To get those ashes you have to find the bonfire by the wolf in the poison swamp area, the corpse up on the wall with the item there is the thing you're looking for.

Lucifa
Feb 9, 2005

Stupid question: with Transposition do you get one of the items or can you get both?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lucifa posted:

Stupid question: with Transposition do you get one of the items or can you get both?

One of them.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lucifa posted:

One. Basically you have to NG+ if you wanted to get the other one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Are heavy stones common/farmable? I'd like to upgrade my large club but not if i have to wait ages in case i find another ultra great sword

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Jose posted:

Are heavy stones common/farmable? I'd like to upgrade my large club but not if i have to wait ages in case i find another ultra great sword

Farmable

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I stabbed an abyss watcher in the back. But despite playing the animation, the watcher just slid out of it without getting hurt. Then while I was stuck in the animation it stabbed me.

:regd09:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

how far through the game do i need to be? Im at the cathedral at the minute

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Jose posted:

how far through the game do i need to be? Im at the cathedral at the minute

I was getting them as drops from enemies around there at 14 luck

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

I stabbed an abyss watcher in the back. But despite playing the animation, the watcher just slid out of it without getting hurt. Then while I was stuck in the animation it stabbed me.

:regd09:

If you mean the "fake-out" backstab where your character initiates the special backstab attack of the weapon with the "WUMPH" sound but it doesn't connect with the enemy/other player yep that's a thing that happens and can get you killed. It also makes chasing someone going to take a sippy nice and extra painful.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Oh my, Aldrich's is the best. It's like turbo bellbro.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Anyone else think the sound in this game is really really good??? The screams from those weird bird...people...things on the road of sacrifice is the stuff of nightmares.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you use embers as a source of healing like humanity in DS1? Or can you only just pop one per life as a heal?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dr. Carwash posted:

Anyone else think the sound in this game is really really good??? The screams from those weird bird...people...things on the road of sacrifice is the stuff of nightmares.

yeah it's great

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dr. Carwash posted:

They definitely took some lessons from bloodborne in that regard

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Dr. Carwash posted:

It's really disturbing.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I don't understand why anyone would buy a guide in this day and age of free wikis. Companies like Prima have no chance against the sheer amount of autism that goes into those pages

It can be useful to have a physical guide instead of needing to alt-tab or go over to a PC. Needs to be a really high quality guide to justify owning it though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

turtlecrunch posted:

If you mean the "fake-out" backstab where your character initiates the special backstab attack of the weapon with the "WUMPH" sound but it doesn't connect with the enemy/other player yep that's a thing that happens and can get you killed. It also makes chasing someone going to take a sippy nice and extra painful.

Not sure what you're supposed to do about it. Its not like I can choose to backstab or not and locking me in the animation for a whiff is rude as hell.

This fight seems kind of buggy in general. One of the watchers decided he wanted to go outside, so he sprinted in place against the fog door instead of attacking me.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Burning bone shards in fire link shrine seems to raise bonfire level - that doesn't raise difficulty does it?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

I got invaded by a blue phantom in the forest that had no name. Was it a person or an AI I seriously couldn't tell.