Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Dammit, someone needs to keep watching it, or we won't know if it turns out decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's going to be a new anime adaptation of the samurai manga Peace Maker Kurogane.

No format, schedule, or involved parties have been announced. The series was previously adapted into a TV anime in 2003 by Gonzo.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Dammit, someone needs to keep watching it, or we won't know if it turns out decent.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

It's weird that the article doesn't mention the name motoko. Just calls her a 'female cyborg'

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

There's going to be a new anime adaptation of the samurai manga Peace Maker Kurogane.

No format, schedule, or involved parties have been announced. The series was previously adapted into a TV anime in 2003 by Gonzo.

I haven't read the source material, but that blurb makes it sound really cool - I really like historical stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'll watch it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

It's weird that the article doesn't mention the name motoko. Just calls her a 'female cyborg'

it wouldn't surprise me if they changed her name

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think even Hollywood could get away with giving Scarlet Johannsen a Japanese name

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll watch it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

oh cool, I always liked the original and have what was released of the manga.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

nielsm posted:

Anne Happy is not really catching me. Next week will have to be a major improvement.

I like it. It's mean-spirited, sure, but it makes me laugh reliably.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I never noticed how big of a schnozz she has

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Parallax posted:

it wouldn't surprise me if they changed her name

She's now Matilda Kavanagh.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The main character of the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie, Rick Hunter

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Are those highlights on her cheek, lip and hair the grease?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Looks like catgirl is a girl after all.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

nielsm posted:

yes ofc

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why was it Kabaneri that had to be delayed and not something like Asterisk? :negative:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Why was it Kabaneri that had to be delayed and not something like Asterisk? :negative:

People died.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

nielsm posted:

Every picture I see of her makes me think she is Tomoko Kuroki.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
What Tomoko wishes she'd look like anyways

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Morose Mononokean PV

so excited for this one! I love the manga.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/PateraQuetzal/status/720636128122970112?s=09

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

made thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772291

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Everything Burrito posted:

Morose Mononokean PV

so excited for this one! I love the manga.

That looks really neat!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's cute, but really weird in an off putting sort of way what with the school measuring their misfortune and covertly monitoring their lives.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Strange Quark posted:

People died.

We should clarify that, to the best of our knowledge, no one involved in the making of the show (or the other shows also delayed) died. What happened is that the shows were pre-empted from TV by news coverage of the earthquake and delayed a week. Since they don't want the home audience to be beaten to the punch by the international audience, the affected shows are also being delayed a full week on Amazon Prime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also affected Sakamoto, and no other preemptions have been brought to my knowledge yet.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

It's cute, but really weird in an off putting sort of way what with the school measuring their misfortune and covertly monitoring their lives.

The premise is whatever, this kind of show works (or not) on how well the characters bounce off each other, and that can take a few episodes to gel. That seems like a steep cost of entry this season, is all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can get behind American GitS if they don't try to avoid GitS making GBS threads on America and also Ron Perlman is Batou and Richard Dean Anderson is Togusa.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
richard dean anderson got really fat and also he is an old man

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think overanalyzing Anne Happy like that is odd, but hey whatever. the premise is interesting, the problem being there are a lot of SoL shows this season to choose from so some will inevitably fall to the wayside. Anne Happy has a nice pastel look and i do enjoy a couple characters, but there's also Sansha Sanyou with some great character animation and similarly enjoyable characters in a more standard looking show.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

jng2058 posted:

We should clarify that, to the best of our knowledge, no one involved in the making of the show (or the other shows also delayed) died. What happened is that the shows were pre-empted from TV by news coverage of the earthquake and delayed a week. Since they don't want the home audience to be beaten to the punch by the international audience, the affected shows are also being delayed a full week on Amazon Prime.

I imagine Squark's point is more that there were some casualties as a result of the earthquake, in general, not specifically limited to the anime studios. Specifically, 9 deaths and 250 injuries, so far.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

I imagine Squark's point is more that there were some casualties as a result of the earthquake, in general, not specifically limited to the anime studios. Specifically, 9 deaths and 250 injuries, so far.

Complaining about what shows got delayed or not is pretty insensitive about a real disaster event.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The premise is whatever, this kind of show works (or not) on how well the characters bounce off each other, and that can take a few episodes to gel. That seems like a steep cost of entry this season, is all.

Anne and Ruri seem to interact pretty well, but the fragile girl's shtick has already gone a bit cold. Hopefully, they'll figure out a better way to utilize her.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Complaining about what shows got delayed or not is pretty insensitive about a real disaster event.

:agreed:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm hoping the people complaining didn't know that it was an actual disaster 'cause that would be pretty lovely of them otherwise

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't mind giving Wit an excuse to get their production ahead of their new schedule.

Also, I think I slept through the quake, I didn't even notice. Uh, maybe I'll stash away some food and bottled water this weekend, I keep forgetting to do so.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

I don't mind giving Wit an excuse to get their production ahead of their new schedule.

Word.

Really sucks about the quake, though. 6.4 isn't all that big, as I recall (since the Richter scale's geometric rather than linear) - guess they just got unlucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Word.

Really sucks about the quake, though. 6.4 isn't all that big, as I recall (since the Richter scale's geometric rather than linear) - guess they just got unlucky.

do you know what geometric and linear means?

• Locked thread