Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kingtheninja posted:

Is BFB the extra damage/bleed mod? I haven't had a chance to use it on extraction people, but my tech skill got boosted to the point where sticky's total damage is now listed at something like 150k with that mod.

BFB really shines if you take the talent that increases the damage by 40% when 2 or more targets are in the AOE. Cap it out at 250k damage and you can murderize groups trying to extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I think I've got that talent attached too. Would the Bleed AOE talent work as well or not?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
is the bullets returning on crit talent still broken?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

is the bullets returning on crit talent still broken?

Yes

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

got a Nomad chest from a supply drop today, plus grinded out Lexington with some very chill xbros, no doubt packing massive boners. Finally landed me a HE socomM1 too. Today was a good day.

also, getting teleported out of a Lex elevator back to a safehouse in the middle of a goddamn mission is some straight up bullshit.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.

Brine posted:

If anyone one wants to try the challenge mode incursion again tonight at 9:45 ESTI think I have a strategy that might work! It's totally legit; just make sure you only wear electronics gear and maybe some cool down reduction. Also be able to glitch through a wall.

PSN - brianisnotdoug

Looks like there's a way to farm it beyond just cheesing it to clear once:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4eqxaf/incursion_loot_farm_explained/

Hopefully it's still up over the next 8 hours.

Do we have two other PS4bros who want to try this tonight @ 10 EST?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tide posted:

Whats your PSN name :tinfoil:

Did they already institute cross-platform play? I'm on the bone.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

The Saboteur posted:

Looks like there's a way to farm it beyond just cheesing it to clear once:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4eqxaf/incursion_loot_farm_explained/

Hopefully it's still up over the next 8 hours.

Do we have two other PS4bros who want to try this tonight @ 10 EST?

I might be around. My PS+ runs out today though, so I don't know when that will happen. I'm ordius.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Tonk posted:

Did they already institute cross-platform play? I'm on the bone.

No sir, no cross plat play. Just making sure you weren't one of the ones I was bombing all last night for no reason at all.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

super macho dude posted:

also, getting teleported out of a Lex elevator back to a safehouse in the middle of a goddamn mission is some straight up bullshit.

I just got kicked from my group just before heading up to the face Barrett. I only died once because I glitched through the floor. Jerks.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Picked up the vector blueprint with bird coins, working on getting that now. Were you guys saying 160 about good for the incursion?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'll play the exploit game, eljebus0 on ps4. Currently at 170s GS.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Kingtheninja posted:

Picked up the vector blueprint with bird coins, working on getting that now. Were you guys saying 160 about good for the incursion?

really you're probably gonna want high 170-180

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tide posted:

No sir, no cross plat play. Just making sure you weren't one of the ones I was bombing all last night for no reason at all.

Woulda been fine either way, I got past DZ30 so I don't really care about getting jumped by rogues as much anymore.

Well, as long as you don't take my sweet "shirt" I'm trying to extract like that fucker did the other day.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

As annoying as some of the stuff in this game can be, things like killing the guy who surprise ganked me makes up for it. All he got from me was HE mat fodder but it's the principle.

When this game clicks, it clicks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
at level 13. um my psn is pengun1o1 if anyone wants to add me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

really you're probably gonna want high 170-180

Yeah you weren't kidding. Tried it out with a group last night, asses handed right back to us by the APC. How do you even handle that fight? Just beat the waves first, then attack the APC?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm done with the other thread. Yeah this game has issues but jesus gently caress if you hate it so much play something else. I hope the day they bring back the M1A blueprints they nerf it into oblivion

Meanwhile I'll be running around the DZ with an SMG/AR and still killing people because I learned to adjust my playstyle to not needing OP crutch weapons

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
People whining about this game is hilarious. Big ups to the old-man PS4 Krew last night. 2 pieces of striker gear is making a huge difference with my Vector. Saving my bird bucks for a 3rd piece blueprint for that crit damage boost if I don't get one to drop in-between.

BTW – does anyone know what level the set gear is if I craft it from the special vendor blueprint at the BoO?

I'll be on again tonight if anyone wants to Incursion it up. Also want to hit the dark zone now that I can roll through enemies a bit easier.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Roman posted:

I'm done with the other thread. Yeah this game has issues but jesus gently caress if you hate it so much play something else. I hope the day they bring back the M1A blueprints they nerf it into oblivion

Meanwhile I'll be running around the DZ with an SMG/AR and still killing people because I learned to adjust my playstyle to not needing OP crutch weapons

The other thread is so bad it is a bunch of pussies bitching constantly. It deserves death and I will bring it.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Eh, the core game is fun, but the developer is completely mismanaging it and new problems keep compounding on the old ones regardless of the system you play on. I'm just glad I didn't buy the season pass right now :v:

I'm putting the game down for now hoping it'll get better in the future. Ratchet and Clank just came out, and Uncharted 4 and Mirror's Edge are on the horizon so at least PS4 isn't starved for good games right now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Can the set pieces drop in the DZ? Or are they incursion/birdbux only?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
One of my friends got a piece of Nomad's from an air drop chest in the DZ. Also heard that Lexington on challenging can drop a couple pieces of Striker's.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.

The Saboteur posted:

BTW – does anyone know what level the set gear is if I craft it from the special vendor blueprint at the BoO?

214 if I'm not mistaken.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the game is shallow as hell and broken as gently caress, but it's still fun and I'm still enjoying it. I retain some shred of hope that they'll end up with something solid in the end. gently caress all the bitching and moaning, let's shoot some mans and use their droppings to make more things to shoot more mans.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005

Vatek posted:

One of my friends got a piece of Nomad's from an air drop chest in the DZ. Also heard that Lexington on challenging can drop a couple pieces of Striker's.

Apparently Lexington on Challenging can drop Kneepads and Gloves. Not sure at what GS, however. 214 probably?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I got my 4th Striker set piece last night and spent the evening running various challenges with random matchmaking. The first two groups had people commenting how "powerful that one dude is" and the third group invited me to their party to help grind more.

I feel like a loving monster in pve.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
Hotfix in the next hour if you believe this…I guess the in-game server shutdown timer must be on?

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionBlog/status/721063754977271809

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

el B posted:

I got my 4th Striker set piece last night and spent the evening running various challenges with random matchmaking. The first two groups had people commenting how "powerful that one dude is" and the third group invited me to their party to help grind more.

I feel like a loving monster in pve.

I got extremely lucky and have been able to get 4 stalker 2 striker and I get lots of "holy poo poo we are murdering these guys" comments and game invites.

I love how everyone was saying the perks would be dumb and how savage is still God and nope nope nope

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

Can the set pieces drop in the DZ? Or are they incursion/birdbux only?

I got Nomad and I think Striker gloves as a normal drop in the DZ off two named.

SimpleAnarchy
May 9, 2002

Those are some nice headphones
I really need to replace my lvl 29 superior Socom M1A. :( My primary is a HE Aug that really tears poo poo up but I need a new MR. Do any of the DZ safehouse vendors have a nice one for sale now? I've already checked DZ1-2. Or any other vendors for that matter.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

SimpleAnarchy posted:

I really need to replace my lvl 29 superior Socom M1A. :( My primary is a HE Aug that really tears poo poo up but I need a new MR. Do any of the DZ safehouse vendors have a nice one for sale now? I've already checked DZ1-2. Or any other vendors for that matter.

dz03 safehouse (in the DZ) has a balanced/refill first wave for super cheap provided you're rank 25. You have 2 hours left to buy it before reset. Make sure you do, it rules.

Dz03 is the only one that sells weapons BTW.

SimpleAnarchy
May 9, 2002

Those are some nice headphones
Fuuuuuucccckkkkk I'm stuck at work for a couple more hours. Is it really time for the DZ vendors to restock? I thought they reset a couple days ago. Guess I've been running the vendor treadmill too much.

I'll be sure to put that safehouse in my rotation now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So I still haven't seen what division tech is for? Aside from crafting conversion.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Apart from the glitch is there a general safer spot in the incursion I should aim for? Ran it this morning and we stayed largely In the back room, it wasn't hard, it just took forever (this was on hard mode).

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

xxEightxx posted:

Apart from the glitch is there a general safer spot in the incursion I should aim for? Ran it this morning and we stayed largely In the back room, it wasn't hard, it just took forever (this was on hard mode).

Halfway up on the right there's a platform that provides good sightlines and has only three entry points, all defensible, with two big generator things for cover. Hang here during waves. After you kill the bomb guy, pack travel with survivor link on to get to the left current room. Disable that turret and use survivor link to have a guy place bomb. All run back and down into the tunnel section in the very middle until the APC stops bombing you. Then go back up to the original platform.

There are a few times a major will spawn directly out of a door on this platform but you can focus fire his rear end down.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

what level are incursion hard guys? 32?

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Hard is 32 Challenge is 34

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

KFBR392 posted:

Hard is 32 Challenge is 34

Veteran (purple) 34 or Elite (Yellow/Gold) 34?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

HE magazine from challenge tunnel. 101% magazine size, 20% reload speed. :getin:

Also I got striker pads, kind of annoyed they don't have a separate talent like HE gear. Not really worth switching it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Hockles posted:

Veteran (purple) 34 or Elite (Yellow/Gold) 34?

Yellows everywhere

• Locked thread