Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Franchescanado posted:

I haven't watched this one in years, but I remember laughing a lot. I guess it's time to revisit it.

This one is classic.

"Doors don't open like that -- he's in the hall!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Franchescanado posted:

What's a fun hidden gem I can watch tonight? I watched Angel's Revenge last night.

I am a big fan of Danger! Death Ray

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Looks like they're uploading sketches on the MST3K Youtube channel now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7HR_0a0qk
"He wants me...to read him his rights! Patooey!"
...ting!

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

BooDoug187 posted:

I am a big fan of Danger! Death Ray

I love Danger! Death Ray, but then again I have a weakness for that 1960s Italian spy movie aesthetic (esp. the absurd fashions and "la la" music).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I love Danger! Death Ray, but then again I have a weakness for that 1960s Italian spy movie aesthetic (esp. the absurd fashions and "la la" music).

Don't forget the Italian womany sunglasses.

I've always been partial to the 70s made-for-TV movies (San Francisco International, Code Name: Diamondhead, Riding With Death) for the pure cheese factor.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
You people bring matches for Mikey?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

It's always worth noting that he never blinks.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Don't forget the Italian womany sunglasses.

I've always been partial to the 70s made-for-TV movies (San Francisco International, Code Name: Diamondhead, Riding With Death) for the pure cheese factor.

I think you mean failed pilots and two random episodes of a failed series poorly stitched together from the 70s.

That said, "the answer my friend, is blow it out your rear end."

Truly the seventies were a magical time.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Fezz posted:

I think you mean failed pilots and two random episodes of a failed series poorly stitched together from the 70s.

That said, "the answer my friend, is blow it out your rear end."

Fezz is a made for tv hippy.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

At my house, this sketch gets quoted with alarming frequency.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Shout Factory has Volume XXXVI available for pre-order and the first 1000 orders will get a bonus disc featuring the 1997 & 1998 MST3K Annual Summer Blockbuster Review.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fezz posted:

I choose to believe that Riding With Death is actually two redubbed episodes of Galactica 1980

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

BooDoug187 posted:

Fezz is a made for tv hippy.

I'd address this, but I'm too busy buying diet gum.

I've just taken 8 flights in three weeks (including a non-stop between Baltimore and Seattle that had to make a forced landing in Bismark), and now that I've got three days to recover until the next 5 am flight (:gonk:) I'm considering an airplane-themed film -- there sure are a lot of them!

Skydivers (well, anything with Coleman Francis; the man liked light planes. Or rather Tony Cardoza did).
San Francisco International
Time chasers
Starfighters

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
The Rifftrax Kickstarter recently ended, bringing us a long awaited MST3K reunion. :woop:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Now hold on there partner!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Artsygrrl posted:

The Rifftrax Kickstarter recently ended, bringing us a long awaited MST3K reunion. :woop:

I am full of deep regret and deep hurting that I didn't at least back this for a dollar, I totally meant to and then forgot. So many shorts and commentaries I'm missing out on.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

C'MON STAKE YOU WANT SOME!?

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Shout Factory has Volume XXXVI available for pre-order and the first 1000 orders will get a bonus disc featuring the 1997 & 1998 MST3K Annual Summer Blockbuster Review.

My Volume XXXVI box set is at a slight angle, Sam.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

insert_funny posted:

My Volume XXXVI box set is at a slight angle, Sam.

What a turkey that guy is. Boy, Abby is some gal.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Trick or treat for pant suits!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The latest update from the Rifftrax reunion kickstarter included a fun link: the studio that made Time Chasers is selling Castleton T-shirts!

http://edgewoodstudios.com/edgewoodstudios/STUDIO_STORE.html

Just the thing for if you want a nerdy T-shirt that only a very particular flavor of nerd will even recognize as nerdy!

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I got my tickets for the reunion simulcast!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

The latest update from the Rifftrax reunion kickstarter included a fun link: the studio that made Time Chasers is selling Castleton T-shirts!

Just the thing for if you want a nerdy T-shirt that only a very particular flavor of nerd will even recognize as nerdy!

I promise not to take it off for the entire movie.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Jeez, you Castleton snobs...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

holttho posted:

Jeez, you Castleton snobs...

From last night's The Daily Show:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I figure there might be enough overlap to share this here

So the Achievement Hunter branch of Rooster Teeth, led by the ever orange Geoff Ramsey, will be doing their own MST3K inspired series starting the 29th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udo2IQXsGV8

They plan to go without scripts and do it very free style, as befitting their comedy style, so we'll see how it turns out! I think it should be a worthy addition to the riffing family, and I can't wait to see what all they rip on.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Burkion posted:

So the Achievement Hunter branch of Rooster Teeth, led by the ever orange Geoff Ramsey, will be doing their own MST3K inspired series starting the 29th!

They plan to go without scripts and do it very free style, as befitting their comedy style, so we'll see how it turns out! I think it should be a worthy addition to the riffing family, and I can't wait to see what all they rip on.

That looks really, really bad.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mister Kingdom posted:

That looks really, really bad.

Yep, that's roosterteeth

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Weren't these guys the most annoying part of the MST3K Telethon 2015?

e: "Yep, that's roosterteeth"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ringu0 posted:

Weren't these guys the most annoying part of the MST3K Telethon 2015?

e: "Yep, that's roosterteeth"

Those were the Game Grumps.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Oh yeah, you're right, those were Game Grumps

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Backers-only update is live, including a formal introduction to "Mr. Waverly". Note: "Mr. Waverly" may not be its final name.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Powered Descent posted:

Who am I kidding, I never went to Castleton...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if they still do but Castleton used to totally sell that shirt themselves.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Joels latest update says they got the rights for all the movies they wanted. And they're pretty closer to announcing the home network for the new show. Score.

Also im not supposed to share pictures of the new character with non backers.

Sorry

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It almost looks like Gypsy and Tom Servo and Crow had a love child.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

It almost looks like Gypsy and Tom Servo and Crow had a love child.

SSH don't tell the normies

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Burkion posted:

Why do they have the close-ups of the couch? They're not doing anything except sitting there.

e: I know it's because "streamers", but come on.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 16, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The videogame website Giantbomb.com does a thing where they watch/comment on old demo discs and in the most recent one they ran into the thing MST3K did for Playstation Underground in 98. The video they produced for the thing was unremarkable but there's some neat behind the scenes stuff, like video of them filming the theater part and even some shots of their prop room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Cross your legs Robert, you can see the squirrel!

• Locked thread