Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Was looking at this strange apartment complex wedged behind Treasure Island and found a gem hehe.

https://goo.gl/maps/dDjrob4QQn62

Cant wait for my next trip there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

dont doxx me

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
what is it i cant click it im on my nintendo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
maybe he has the plane.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bahahahaha! Oh man that's hilarious!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

JiveHonky posted:

what is it i cant click it im on my nintendo

You ever see Mulholland Drive?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
when i visited there with a buddy some homeless guy followed us for like 5m yelling that he was gonna kill us with his finger gun (that he kept firing at us 'pow pow')

we tried to dodge him in the new yorker and when we came out another entrance like 2 drinks later he was still yelling about something and followed us again until we went into one of those mall things they got

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
could that be.... trump himself?!?!?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
General Pershing would be honored

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
it appears to be a sea otter holding violin and he/she seems very :smoobles:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat where did he get those undies? :chanpop:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

drat where did he get those undies? :chanpop:

There is a huge Marshalls on the strip

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There is a huge Marshalls on the strip

Under... where? :smugbert:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I'm not going to dignify this with a response

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nice crack

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I thought that guy was in Detroit now?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Las Vegas seems like the kind of surreal place that I'd like to spend a couple years living in. That T-Nugz news story only confirmed my suspicions.

Plus they have legal weed?? My wallet :monocle:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Las Vegas is an okay city to live in if by city you mean one of those mid tier forgettable places with half a million people that is always struggling to attract any decent jobs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sheep-Goats posted:

Las Vegas is an okay city to live in if by city you mean one of those mid tier forgettable places with half a million people that is always struggling to attract any decent jobs

I lived in Henderson for a few months taking care of my aunt and god drat it was one of the most depressing places.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
y'all should give des moines a spin. we are the 13th trendiest city in america, according to vice. plus, jastiger. :corn:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chinatown posted:

Was looking at this strange apartment complex wedged behind Treasure Island and found a gem hehe.

https://goo.gl/maps/dDjrob4QQn62

Cant wait for my next trip there.

You probably don't even need to save up to much cash, I bet he'll let you gently caress him in the rear end really cheap chinatown!

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Things are pretty desperate when you start giving even dumpsters the ol' hover hand treatment

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
[old guy, humiliated after a week of binge drinking and gambling]: uh, I want to get in this dumpster but i'm too afraid to touch it

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

Yah but

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i went in october and outside the walgreens elvis was having an argument with black elvis about which beer to buy. elvis was telling black elvis the big cans cost less or something, i didnt stick around to listen.

later that day, chewbacca and a stormtrooper met up with darth vader outside the pf chang. i couldnt hear what they were saying but they were pooling their cash together and i think they were deciding what to get from pf changs. a magical place is vegas

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Man that is weird.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

im pooping! posted:

i went in october and outside the walgreens elvis was having an argument with black elvis about which beer to buy. elvis was telling black elvis the big cans cost less or something, i didnt stick around to listen.

later that day, chewbacca and a stormtrooper met up with darth vader outside the pf chang. i couldnt hear what they were saying but they were pooling their cash together and i think they were deciding what to get from pf changs. a magical place is vegas

See this is the kind of poo poo I wanna contend with. Thank you for sharing

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xaris posted:

I lived in Henderson for a few months taking care of my aunt and god drat it was one of the most depressing places.

Imagine every roof there as a solar farm.

Oh sure, it still wouldn't cure the soul crushing realization of living in a loving hell hole like that, but from a clean energy standpoint, it makes sense.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Oh sure, it still wouldn't cure the soul crushing realization of living in a loving hell hole like that, but from a clean energy standpoint, it makes sense.

It would be pointless without a substation to export the energy long distance. Hoover dam makes a surplus for Vegas, that's why they're so nutty with the lights and crap. They can't ever use all the electric they generate in the first place.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

VendaGoat posted:

Except our city government just approved the power company to screw solar customers to increase their profits and make it no longer cost effective to invest in the equipment.

It would be pointless without a substation to export the energy long distance. Hoover dam makes a surplus for Vegas, that's why they're so nutty with the lights and crap. They can't ever use all the electric they generate in the first place.

Doesn't stop them from raising rates every year.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I was in my hotel chillin out between venues and on the news they had a story about this poor girl who worked at some salon type place that has 'cryotherapy' chambers or something that gets incredibly cold and you chill in there quite literally for like 2 minutes and it rejuvinates your chakra or something

after the place closed she decided she'd go in there before going out with friends and she got locked in the cryo chamber and lo and behold it didnt turn her into a supervillain, it froze her to death

viva las vegas

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Why can't they send the extra to one of those witch doctor countries where they only have electricity for like 45 minutes a week?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Vastarien posted:

I thought that guy was in Detroit now?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

criscodisco posted:

Why can't they send the extra to one of those witch doctor countries where they only have electricity for like 45 minutes a week?

because cables under the ocean

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

im pooping! posted:

I was in my hotel chillin out between venues and on the news they had a story about this poor girl who worked at some salon type place that has 'cryotherapy' chambers or something that gets incredibly cold and you chill in there quite literally for like 2 minutes and it rejuvinates your chakra or something

after the place closed she decided she'd go in there before going out with friends and she got locked in the cryo chamber and lo and behold it didnt turn her into a supervillain, it froze her to death

viva las vegas

Thats a pretty cool story.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

jackyl posted:

because cables under the ocean

Just put a pole on Plastic Island. It's right in the middle, right?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Thats a pretty cool story.

Sounds like it was a real chilling experience.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Except our city government just approved the power company to screw solar customers to increase their profits and make it no longer cost effective to invest in the equipment.

Jesus loving Christ

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Nevada Power/Energy is the worst

My coworker's husband is super cheap so they barely use any electricity, so the power company slapped them with hundreds of dollars of "Atypically Low Usage" Fines lol

And yeah the screwjob over solar panels because they're butthurt

Bill Dungsroman fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Nevada Power/Energy is the worst

My coworker's husband is super cheap so they barely use any electricity, so the power company slapped them with hundreds of dollars of "Aypically Low Usage" Fines lol

And yeah the screwjob over solar panels because they're butthurt

lmao

• Locked thread