Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
"it is too bad that person died, I enjoyed his or her music"

- way too emotionally invested, beep boop require more anime data to process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

reallivedinosaur posted:

"it is too bad that person died, I enjoyed his or her music"

- way too emotionally invested, beep boop require more anime data to process

Whoa buddy, you seem way too emotionally invested, not like me, i dont care about anything, im idgi as all hell, watchout youll cut yourself on my very being.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Honky Dong Country posted:

You know his funeral is gonna be weird.

:agreed: suuuuper weird

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Man this year has really been poo poo for losing great musicians :(

RIP Prince, hope you're someplace better cruisin' through the purple rain in your little red Corvette

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
There has got to be more than a few complications with being buried in a Prince symbol coffin.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

angerbeet posted:

:agreed: suuuuper weird

I keep thinking of that Charlie Murphy story from Chapelle Show.

SHIRTS VS. BLOUSES

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you care about this at all you are a tryhard huge pussy bullshit idiot

If you don't care about this at all you are a edgelord bullshit idiot

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Decebal posted:

If you're rich I always assumed you would get access to quality drugs and will have people around to make sure you don't overdose

Word was some holistic healer claimed to have cured him and by the time he realized he wasnt in fact cured no drugs would save him. Prince was super into religious poo poo so its believable.

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

Losing a lot of very talented people way too soon this year :(

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

is prince still dead, wolf?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
so he died at 57 of the flu

so it's aids right

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The woman on the radio said he died after a short illness.

Fitting but a bit cruel if you ask me.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i didnt enjoy his lame music

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Anyone point out that a skinny man died of a big disease with a little name?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
he died doing what he loved

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Simstim posted:

there has been a rumor going around since the beginning of the week that prince had a.i.d.s and he stopped taking his medication for religious reasons.

http://mediatakeout.com/301361/shoc...ull-avkage.html

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843

The problem with this is, he'd been a Jehovah's Witness for quite a while now, wouldn't he have refused to start taking it to begin with, if his religion didn't allow it?

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

dad gay. so what posted:

he died doing what he loved
Dying of aids?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How can someone so talented and "sophisticated" still believe that Jehovah's bullshit ?! Come on dude, you have the money to get educated

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Decebal posted:

How can someone so talented and "sophisticated" still believe that Jehovah's bullshit ?! Come on dude, you have the money to get educated

Everything I've read or heard about Prince suggested a massively insecure man who always wanted/needed to be right and have things his way. And as a rule, people who feel that way tend to act as though education is a waste of time. Unless it feeds directly into their built-in biases, of course. Scientology would be another good example of that.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Decebal posted:

So does every high profile scientologist.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the corpse formerly known as the artist known as prince

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The problem with this is, he'd been a Jehovah's Witness for quite a while now, wouldn't he have refused to start taking it to begin with, if his religion didn't allow it?

That didn't stop Michael Jackson from taking poo poo to help him sleep...forever...

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Boinks posted:

That didn't stop Michael Jackson from taking poo poo to help him sleep...forever...

With a doctor in the house too, right ? that's kind of funny

Lemon
May 22, 2003

rop Pronce.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Boinks posted:

Right but there's two mitigating factors there: One, MJ never stopped, which proved to be his undoing (that and some world class quackery), whereas the story suggests Prince DID stop, and two, Michael seemed to have investment as a person in more than one religion, as I remember him supposedly being into the Kabalah, as well.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Right but there's two mitigating factors there: One, MJ never stopped, which proved to be his undoing (that and some world class quackery), whereas the story suggests Prince DID stop, and two, Michael seemed to have investment as a person in more than one religion, as I remember him supposedly being into the Kabalah, as well.

what? shut the hell up

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Prince died of AIDS? Was he secretly a goon!?

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
apologies to all the goons triggered by my previous post, 2016 has left me burnt out on giving a gently caress about how much of an impact the latest dead pop star had on your life

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

www posted:

another overrated celeb dead, who care

i have no idea how people are getting this upset over loving prince of all ppl. bowie didnt even draw this reaction

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/becket/status/723209551135150080/video/1

loving CNN never fails

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So, I guess we'll never get a follow up to Batdance then.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

well hes right

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

wolfonjeopardy.png

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Appolonia is also 57.

You all remember Lake Minnetonka, right?

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
RIP Prince. I wanted to see him play live but oh well.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

quote:

April 16, 2016: MediaTakeOut.com just received word that a VERY popular African-American celebrity - who has recently been in the news - now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story - we're going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson.

This report REALLY hurt our heart.

According to a person EXTREMELY CLOSE to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very EXTREME sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication RELIGIOUSLY up until about two years ago. Here's what we're told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider:

[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he's dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

We're told that the celebrity is expected to get sicker and sicker, and eventually pass. It can happen as soon as the summer.

Very sad news.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So are we going to get 20 new albums over the next decade, of "unknown Prince hits recovered from his secret sex-vault".

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DonRyanMusic/status/723242885932572672

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Tsaedje posted:

Anyone point out that a skinny man died of a big disease with a little name?

post O' the times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I don't think I've listened to Prince at all, because I'm not 100 years old. Could be wrong though (about the not having listened to Prince before).

• Locked thread