Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
How many unique accounts, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's what I'm asking too, but I can't imagine out of 6 million users that most of them are ghost accounts or whatever.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
a LOT of ragequitters made new accounts when they got jailed. There's probably a lot, LOT less than 1,000,000 unique players.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I would really like to play this particular video game online but it keeps crashing every time I search for a match! Wow yeah!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TJ Combo is the new character rotated in this week. Get them powerlines in!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
As much as I like this game, I've had enough of Xrd not working on Windows 10 for me, along with a few other small issues that have really annoyed me about that OS. I hope they make a version that's playable on Windows 7, because that's what I'm going back to.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How do you get the short ultra instead of the long ultra?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
hold down a bunch of buttons to do the ultra ender once you activate ultra.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Press MP+MK at any time during your ultra to trigger a final hit.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Mira reveal and walkthrough stream in 15 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheManSeries posted:

Mira reveal and walkthrough stream in 15 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

For those that missed this, she's

a glass cannon style character that can air dash and teleport. She has the same health as everybody else in the game, but a number of her moves, including the air dash and teleport, damage her resulting in recoverable health. The health can be recovered with her command grab, which doesn't deal any damage to the opponent. Recoverable health can't be removed in any way by the opponent unless she losses all of her regular health at which point she losses all of her recoverable health. She can cash out for like 60% to 70% damage. There's a few other nuisances, but it would be better to watch the character breakdown for a full picture.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Someone uploaded it to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmwstSikfuY

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nice, a vampire lady that's wearing something cool and not a metal bikini or equally dumb thing. Actually raised my want to play her some. :v:

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Mira's official trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHqhxGE-IyA

Texas Showdown Top 8 is going right now

https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anonspore wanted some Cinder info so I made this vid while driving. Watch it if you want a totally professional summary of Cinder and why he's the coolest despite being a fire man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2rWZN1PkTw

I forgot to mention Sticky Bombs, those are super good

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Baal posted:

Anonspore wanted some Cinder info so I made this vid while driving. Watch it if you want a totally professional summary of Cinder and why he's the coolest despite being a fire man.

Went ahead and threw that in the op if you don't mind. Also threw Miras trailer in there and I'm adding her character walkthrough as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So i found someone in killer rank who never blocked at any point and I just went ham on them since they were my promotion into Killer Rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SvhV6Oah0

I don't even know how you get this far not blocking that boggles my mind

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Baal posted:

So i found someone in killer rank who never blocked at any point and I just went ham on them since they were my promotion into Killer Rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SvhV6Oah0

I don't even know how you get this far not blocking that boggles my mind

If there's any game that most rewards purely well put together offense, it's probably this.

But then again who knows what that dude was doing.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Baal posted:

this should be the standard format for every fg video guide from now on. please spread the word people

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

New patch notes and balance changes are live. Just about the entire cast is affected:

http://www.ultra-combo.com/patch-notes-3-1/

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Patch is out.

The game seems to be running smoother, although it could be just my imagination. There's definitely way less crashes when S3 characters are being played.

Fulgore is the free character now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So Mira is pretty fun, the new vampire girl, but her 'blood health' gimmick feels really bad to be honest. It's this huge handicap if you dare to wanna use specials, but what gets me is that it doesn't feel like it's there for any actual reason. If she had some kind of super beefy Tusk damage or some innate big advantage to something over everyone else or her specials were just ridiculous then I'd totally understand, but it doesn't seem like she has any of those, so it's just making a 'good' character a whole lot more annoying to use for no discernible reason other than ~flavor~ I guess? Also it just means that breaking combos against her hurts an incredible lot more than it does anyone else, because it's denying that last lift bite for the big health chunk restore. Unless I'm missing something huge or unless somebody finds some crazy tech, I hope they buff her because design-wise she's really cool.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 30, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The bite does no damage and is a low damage cash out. That's why your damage output sucks. You should only use the bite in smaller combos, if you have a large combo going it's pretty essential to use the damage cash out. Sounds like you're playing her completely wrong.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

The bite does no damage and is a low damage cash out. You should only use the bite in smaller combos, if you have a large combo going it's pretty essential to use the damage cash out.

I'm not using it to finish up every combo, I get that it does no damage, what I meant for that last little bit was just that it really stings to get broken with her more than anyone else. Every time I wanna pop a quick combo and lift grab I get stopped so often. :saddowns:

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You could try mixing the bite in as a linker. I haven't played with her too much, but she seems pretty good.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oops.

I've messed around with her a little, and it seems like it's just best to land it raw.

Safety Scissors fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 1, 2016

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
You don't think she has beefy damage? She can easily cash out at 50-60% after a lock out and her exchange ender lets her recapture into another combo.

She also only loses health for using medium and heavy specials, with heavies using more. So just don't use those as much? And try landing her command grab outside of combos. You'll get more health back from that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

checkstock posted:

You don't think she has beefy damage? She can easily cash out at 50-60% after a lock out and her exchange ender lets her recapture into another combo.

Jesus yeah nevermind, I dunno what was going on that first good bit I was playing her, I just couldn't seem to get anything out of her. All good now though, she hurts like a son of a bitch.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Any tips on beating jago/shadow jago as sadira? Out of all the characters those are the two I can only beat if they're bad.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like nobody plays Sadira. Maybe if you post a vid, you could just get some general tips.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like nobody plays Sadira. Maybe if you post a vid, you could just get some general tips.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

stupid question, but is there a prepaid card i can buy to get all the characters, or a MS Store card I can buy? I'd like to play this but honestly want to play with all the characters to find who i like, and MS is never getting my payment info after someone used my 360 account to buy 200 bucks of FIFA cards

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Buy MS currency tokens on Amazon or whatever, and then buy this super mega ultra cherry edition which has all three seasons.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have Chase, and they make me approve all suspicious credit card payments by phone via text. Interestingly enough the Microsoft Store is one of those places, and I've only had to approve something 3 or 4 times. It's actually very easy to remove your credit card from the MS store after you use it. The only thing that sucks is you can't choose not to save it, but MS isn't even the worst in this regard. The apple store requires you to put in credit card info to download free apps. If you want that extra layer of security, you should be able to contact your bank and put the MS store on fraud alert. I can't imagine Chase is the only bank that offers this service. Also my credit card info was actually stolen once, but because of the fraud alert I was notified pretty quickly and wasn't charged anything. It's just a good idea to have this feature enabled in general.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

stupid question, but is there a prepaid card i can buy to get all the characters, or a MS Store card I can buy? I'd like to play this but honestly want to play with all the characters to find who i like, and MS is never getting my payment info after someone used my 360 account to buy 200 bucks of FIFA cards

You know they make cash cards like every other console you can buy in stores right.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

RBX posted:

You know they make cash cards like every other console you can buy in stores right.

yeah but MS has like 3 or 4 different kinds. didnt know what to grab

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You probably confused them with the Xbox Live cards because they all look similar

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah but MS has like 3 or 4 different kinds. didnt know what to grab

They unified the currency cards awhile back.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wow, this game sure is something! I'm one of those people who felt kind of dejected with Street Fighter 5, and I just dropped a ton of money to make my first big gaming rig and realized that with this new Windows 10 I could finally try out Killer Instinct. Always heard a ton of bad word about it in the ol' Xbone days but Iron Galaxy allegedly turned it around, so I rigged up my PS4 TE2 and gave it a whirl and wow, uh, this... this is pretty cool. What an insanely in-depth tutorial mode! I got to the one about Manuals and was like "this is pretty in-depth I must be near the end" and backed out to see I was only just getting into advanced tutorials, thinking holy hell Capcom sure as gently caress didn't care even remotely as hard with SF5 as this game did. This combo system is so loving fun too, just take it easy and get some sick looking poo poo happening and there's a surprising amount of depth surrounding it! Why were people making GBS threads on this again? Like was it like a dumpster fire in season one?

Anyway is the only option to play characters for free just waiting for the character of the week or are there other ways to try out new guys? I think I might be down for buying that Supreme Edition but I'd kind of like to fiddle around with some of the other guys before plunking down like sixty bucks. I was a big Ryu fan so Jago sat well with me in that training mode, but I love dudes like Cody, Rolento, and Rashid. EVO last year made Fulgore look fun as gently caress and I wanna try him but he was last week's free guy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Combo breakers are super dumb is really the central issue here

• Locked thread