Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

You find an Orange Soapstone message left by Kashuno. It reads:
Illusory wall ahead, therefore try plunging attack

I want you all to know this mechanic was a way for him to give his final thoughts on who he felt was scum and this is how he wanted to use this opportunity.

:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

tpink posted:

What was the spite reason here again, just so I'm clear?

It's a mix of self hatred and sorrow, with a side order of regret.

Jimson posted:

You find an Orange Soapstone message left by Kashuno. It reads:
Illusory wall ahead, therefore try plunging attack

I want you all to know this mechanic was a way for him to give his final thoughts on who he felt was scum and this is how he wanted to use this opportunity.

What worries me is Kash did not invoke us to use pyromancy.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TheDonPeters posted:

It's a mix of self hatred and sorrow, with a side order of regret.

What worries me is Kash did not invoke us to use pyromancy.

Can we be sure it was truly Kashuno otherwise?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hi I'm back. What did I miss?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You missed a whole lot of prais'in.

Who wants some sun love?

SAY IT WITH ME NOW

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gay

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
What's going on, I just woke up.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:getin:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
were uhhh "praising the sun" or something idk

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think its a code in "gay clubs"

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Who's the scum around here today.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
perhaps the scum

is u????

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Just me and flerp prais'in pay no mind.

I think youre gonna be a real asset to this corporation flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i just want my friends to stay safe :)

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

flerp posted:

i just want my friends to stay safe :)

What friends? The ones on your scum team perhaps?

Also if your undead and die are your unundead or redead?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im dad

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also ur all my friends and i love u all, lets not fight

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

giant dad?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Rurea: puts together a rational and well presented case that was the main thrust in Inf's lynch, strong town vibes

I want to remind you that Rurea's good case came hours after you and kashuno made noises about how ridiculous it was that we weren't cuddling Inf yet. You yourself admit that scum would want to be on the inf cuddle and this could have been a way for him to generate lots of town cred. I believe it was already a foregone conclusion when Rurea made his case even though the votes hadn't been made yet. It also served a dual purpose since I had accused Rurea of not being serious and then BAM he gets to make an easy case on his scum buddy to prove his investment. :)

I'm still not 100% sure on this, or Rurea would be dead right now (will explain that in a moment). Didn't want to kill someone who may in fact have been beneficial to town.

After rereading, I agree that AA and Cpig look way worse though. AA in particular's post is really weird in the context of a full reread. What he said and when he said it, relative to his previous posts in the thread and the votes at the time. This one feels like a slam dunk.

##vote AA

Rarity posted:

Also noticed KB popped up soon after Inf's claim but didn't comment on it except to say "would vote" while voting Rurea instead. He posts again but doesn't vote for Inf under the basis it would put him at -2 too early. I think at that point it was obviously too late to save Inf so scum would want to jump on but I'm still not too thrilled by KB's posts.

Because I felt strong pings on Rurea and wanted to make sure people knew how serious I felt about it. It's harder when I'm trying to confine thoughts into as few posts as possible.

On not voting at -2, I really wanted the people who hadn't had a chance to post like Chaos to have a chance to get in there and make it happen. Keep in mind my post came 24 hours before deadline. Also, I was right. Other people couldn't keep it in their pants and we ended the day like 22 hours early. This means people like Chaos never got a chance to post before days end. I consider that very anti-town and I'm mad at the people that made the hammer happen.

Rarity posted:

KB, what is your post count limit?

My 31st post since the game started has to be my suicide note, or I can do it earlier if I want out of the game I guess. Given I normally post well over 30 posts per game day, this is a struggle for me. I thought I'd burn through at least 15 posts on D1. I figured I'd have to post at least a few times to change my vote and the like when deadline approached and that the final hour or two before deadline would be when I'd make most of the posts. On the plus side, the early day meant I didn't use as many of my posts. But the down side is it meant death for Chaos.

---

Yesterday during the day the Dragon Covenant awarded me a night vig. I'm not sure what prompted it, something I said or if it was targeted or what. I just got a PM asking if I wanted to duel with the dragon's ferocity and said yes and got granted the kill while keeping all my existing role/alignment/restrictions in place. I used it in the way I always used my kills, for the betterment of the game, and took out the lowest post count person, Chaos. As I mentioned earlier, I debated going for Rurea instead since I think she might be scum, but decided to stick with lurker elimination instead.

So that means Kashuno was was probably the scum kill last night. Unless other people got awarded kills too.

---

Rurea posted:

I really think KB is scummmmm. His vote on me was really useless, especially if he has a post limit. You would think he would choose his votes wisely

Delayed OMGUS. :) I think I chose wisely. And again, we still had almost a full day of real time left in the day. It's not my fault people ended the day early, I even tried to warn against it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It's almost as if saying certain... Phrases... Grants you certain.... Powers....

Hmmm......

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Rarity is scum in this game

##vote pmom

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

flerp posted:

also ur all my friends and i love u all, lets not fight

Awwww, love you too!

KB just wrote a lot of words can someone read it and tell me if I should vote for who he says to vote for?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but yeah rarities post with "reads" do not come across as her genuine feelings, feels made up and actually just sort of random

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
then rarity comes in and asks someone their opinion on another player, classic scum filler for an inactive barely participating player

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
Have to say Rairity was doing the exact some question asking in that holy grail game and flipped scum, but I don't know rarity, Rairity do you just like to ask questions? Is asking questions making you scum?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
rarities scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill even unvote pmom to vote her ##vote rarity

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hey yall rarity here, im just gonna poo poo post until something happens then come in and chastise people that participated, and then back off again and then ask questions as if that is content

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheDonPeters posted:

Have to say Rairity was doing the exact some question asking in that holy grail game and flipped scum, but I don't know rarity, Rairity do you just like to ask questions? Is asking questions making you scum?

Questions are important for drawing content out of players that aren't giving any. In Holy Grail there were a bunch of gibbis newbies who weren't really giving reads so I tried throwing them specific questions to help them express their thoughts. Here I specifically asked KB to claim his limit in case he is scum faking a PR to stay under the radar as now he has a hard limit which we all know about. I asked Punt about Kash as I was also very vocal on Inf's claim but Punt didn't say a word about me so I was looking for an inconsistency. For what it's worth, his answer wasn't great but it wasn't mega bad.

JakeP posted:

then rarity comes in and asks someone their opinion on another player, classic scum filler for an inactive barely participating player

Come now, I've not been at my most prolific so far but I'm far from lurking.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I have so little invested in any particular suspicion at the moment. JakeP, what's your read on Rarity?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

hey yall rarity here, im just gonna poo poo post until something happens then come in and chastise people that participated, and then back off again and then ask questions as if that is content

It's ironic that you of all people would call what I've done in this game shitposting

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Absurd Revolver posted:

I have so little invested in any particular suspicion at the moment. JakeP, what's your read on Rarity?

What the gently caress is this post, literally right after Jake makes 3 posts saying what he thinks about rarity. Wowza

##vote absurd revolver

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rurea posted:

What the gently caress is this post, literally right after Jake makes 3 posts saying what he thinks about rarity. Wowza

##vote absurd revolver

Ugh I don't even know. I'm just not feeling it today.

I went back and read through his posts instead of being an idiot, and it's a strong argument but I just can't tell if it's enough to make a vote on.

fakeedit: no actually it's just easier to go with this right now while i try to make an actual read

##vote: Rarity

If I come up with a better idea of who might be scum in this giant rear end mafia, I'll unvote and change it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dumb = scum apparently

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
like a guy says something where he missed something and rurea's like "rahhhhhhh he deserves to die" its kinda like, not scummy, just kinda dumb and reactionary

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rurea posted:

##vote absurd revolver

rurea scum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Above all I trust Jake and flerp. They have not steered me wrong yet.

Well except all those times they did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rarity posted:

Ok, so here's everyone who had their votes on Inf

AA: Very scummy vote, is outraged Inf hasn't got more votes but has been posting plenty since the claim so by all rights should have popped his own vote down sooner

I made 2 posts before I voted, and it was on the subsequent IRL day. The last post before those 2 was 16 hours before so catching up was being done. Then I voted again incase the votes got reset. So there's some inconsistency in your accusation here. You're trying to spin my posting into a scum context, but as soon as I saw the results of Infinitum claiming, I posted a vote and questioned why there weren't more because he was clearly scum.

King Burgundy posted:

After rereading, I agree that AA and Cpig look way worse though. AA in particular's post is really weird in the context of a full reread. What he said and when he said it, relative to his previous posts in the thread and the votes at the time. This one feels like a slam dunk.

##vote AA
What did I say and when did I say it? My comments in response to Rarity are relevant here. You're not actually reading more so than trying to place my votes and posts in a scummy context and there's actually none to be had.

Rarity's list comes off as scummy to me, because he's selectively going after votes on infinitum which no matter how you look at it were warranted. Not to mention him gloating about him pegging infinitum and so on. Of course he knows, because he's likely scum.

##vote Rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
:goes into the catacombs to kill pinwheel:

• Locked thread