Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Despera posted:

Not to mention if gsf supers log back on nothings going to stop ncpl from making the trip up north again

Just stash the super in a citadel and do something else with that high SP character.
The dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius
May 3, 2003

Despera posted:

How long you think you can tell people to stay loghed off before they just never log back in again?

Fun fact: Supers are held on dedicated alts, it's actually cheaper to stay subbed when you aren't maintaining your super accounts because they aren't needed

I rather suspect bubbles, hostile towers, and bleating on forums are fairly immaterial to how long it is before they lose interest in the game

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Despera posted:

Not to mention if gsf supers log back on nothings going to stop ncpl from making the trip up north again

PL and NC are 400 dudes

Maybe 500 tops without the monstrous gaggle of allies propping them up right now, and as querns pointed up- supers mean exactly jack poo poo in the era of fozzie sov

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Goatman Sacks posted:

No one who actively plays eve doe so solely to use their supers.

Aren't they euphemistically referred to as space coffins for a reason?

Despera posted:

Pretty much. It becomes of matter of whether or not you can move the Titan to a safe spot unnoticed before it gets dropped.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

PL and NC are 400 dudes

Maybe 500 tops without the monstrous gaggle of allies propping them up right now, and as querns pointed up- supers mean exactly jack poo poo in the era of fozzie sov

Why is that? It seems like dreads, titans and supers are all going to be able to gently caress up subcaps p hard

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Siets posted:

:shittypop:

RIP .01 ISKing.

RIP indeed.

that's with almost maxed marketdude skills. If you buy some poo poo you are going to pay through the nose in a non-conquerable station.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

PL and NC are 400 dudes

I don't know how something that is capable of killing everything easily isn't relevant. Of course we should listen to the people who said "supers don't matter matter in fozzie sov" then proceeded to lose all their sov to said supers.

Despera fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 27, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Despera posted:

I don't know how something that is capable of killing everything easily isn't relevant Of course we should listen to the people who said "supers don't matter matter in fozzie sov" then proceeded to lose all their sov to said supers.

If you keep jumping instead of bridging, you're going to swiftly find yourself without a titan to do it with.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Despera posted:

I don't know how something that is capable of killing everything easily isn't relevant Of course we should listen to the people who said "supers don't matter matter in fozzie sov" then proceeded to lose all their sov to said supers.

how exactly did the supers affect the sov contests

did they fit entosis links

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

RIP indeed.

that's with almost maxed marketdude skills. If you buy some poo poo you are going to pay through the nose in a non-conquerable station.

According to the devs, that was supposed to be 5,4%. Did someone butter-finger the decimal point?

Edit:

Looking around, I see broker fees ranging from 2,47 to 2,54% with not even perfect skills. Where the hell are you that you get those insane fees?

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 27, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

how exactly did the supers affect the sov contests

did they fit entosis links

They made all your subs stay in station. Seemed to work well.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

LuiCypher posted:

Pretty much. It becomes of matter of whether or not you can move the Titan to a safe spot unnoticed before it gets dropped.

Also good luck hero tackling a supercarrier with a HIC now.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

If you keep jumping instead of bridging, you're going to swiftly find yourself without a titan to do it with.

Then I'll be gsf's best fc?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I often wonder what it would be like to cut ties, start a new account and explore this gay rear end autistic universe as a normal pleb (instead of a spergy tryhard ganky pleb).

I do this every once in a while, and then once I've found a nice comfy wormhole corp to call home, I steal all their stuff. Walked out with this a few days ago: http://puu.sh/ovjkv/ad673ba17a.jpg. Fits and all it only came to around 7.5b, but it's a fun way to fund some misadventures. I already lost one of the Vagabonds in glorious combat.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Krogort posted:

Also good luck hero tackling a supercarrier with a HIC now.

I mean you'll get the tackle for one focused script cycle, after which you'll be totally capped out, and dead.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

Apparently you now get charged the full broker's fee whenever you modify a sell order rather than just when you make one. That's gonna be a big new ISK sink if it's intentional.

:cmon:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

They made all your subs stay in station. Seemed to work well.

nah, the mass of subcaps did

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Why is that? It seems like dreads, titans and supers are all going to be able to gently caress up subcaps p hard

Except they are thin enough now that they would incur losses which generally isn't something NC. at the very least takes well. PL's super fleet could explode tomorrow and they would be fine, but the people they call ally at the moment would collapse fairly rapidly if they lost a few dozen supers.

Suicide Dreads also got a massive buff so expect to see some rapid changes in how fast and loose people are willing to play in the future.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

They are still slow as gently caress and highly immobile

Once moon mining goes away there'll be almost zero reasons to pile up tons of dudes in one place at one time and get dropped by supers and titans or dreads

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Venom Snake posted:

Suicide Dreads also got a massive buff so expect to see some rapid changes in how fast and loose people are willing to play in the future.
Suicide dreads have marginally more dps than they used to, but are made of tissue paper and broken dreams. If a few properly spaced titans with AoE doomsdays fire on a blob of suicide dreads, the dreads are going to vaporize.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

Suicide dreads have marginally more dps than they used to, but are made of tissue paper and broken dreams. If a few properly spaced titans with AoE doomsdays fire on a blob of suicide dreads, the dreads are going to vaporize.

do they not have plates or extenders where you live or something

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I do hope to see revelations everywhere

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LemonDrizzle posted:

Dreads now have excellent overheated tank and are cheaper to build/supply. And since for suicide dreads movement doesn't matter you can easily make up the EHP with plates and extenders. DD's also still have windup times, and Titans themselves have lost a lot of EHP as well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

:3:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

holy revisionist history batman. Ya'all posting as if PL loving off is some kind of weird hail mary pass that has never happened before.

It's your MO. Once the dankest of frags dry up, gotta go practice for the AT later nerds.....

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

Dreads now have excellent overheated tank and are cheaper to build/supply. And since for suicide dreads movement doesn't matter you can easily make up the EHP with plates and extenders. DD's also still have windup times, and Titans themselves have lost a lot of EHP as well.

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Goatman Sacks posted:

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

meanwhile naglfars exist

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tiberius posted:

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup. GSF could cascade, you could blue up the rest of Eve for all time and spend the next several years popping Adderall for 48 hour hellcamp marathon vigils like the sad autists you are -- you're still not catching poo poo because people are either going to DT trick their poo poo out, clear bubbles and wait for you to snooze, or remain logged off until it's safe.

Except, you don't need to rape cage the towers anymore, especially when your towers aren't there anymore and our towers are- you know, that whole thing where Supers and Titans can now be tackled by a POS now (thanks :ccp:).

Tiberius posted:

Line members that don't have trillions in assets from 5+ years of farming with dozens of carriers/ishtars can continue rat in the space we still have. Failing or in addition to that, they can continue to engage in the myriad of exciting PVE opportunities your ankle hugging blues have claimed as reasons they didn't really need sov when we chain evicted virtually all of them over the last several years.

I very much doubt there are more than a handful of people in GSF that have a trillion in assets.

I'm not super knowledgable about ratting in general or how ihub upgrades work- but I imagine that upgrading systems isn't very high on anyone's priority list at the moment.

Tiberius posted:

Boat and Asher are farming your pets like a cash crop daily, the reddit entosis slaves are going to get tired of being farmed and the implicit promise that by joining the PL entosis slave camp your lazy bittervets would carry them not being fulfilled and gently caress back off somewhere they can maybe, one day, be more than a meatshield with upvotes and entosis links. Then we're going to move onto the next weakest link.

:allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Goatman Sacks posted:

With capital shield extenders and capital propulsion-mods, you could also just use shield-dreads and loving move a little bit to the side when the FC sees bombers dropping bombs. Even with dreads being slow-moving capitals, 15 seconds should be enough time to mitigate much of the damage. Then, welp, no sacrificed damage modules on a shield-dread.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Libluini posted:

With capital shield extenders and capital propulsion-mods, you could also just use shield-dreads and loving move a little bit to the side when the FC sees bombers dropping bombs. Even with dreads being slow-moving capitals, 15 seconds should be enough time to mitigate much of the damage. Then, welp, no sacrificed damage modules on a shield-dread.

'Dread bombing' is dropping a shitload of suicide dreads on a super, and has nothing to do with stealth bombers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xolve posted:

'Dread bombing' is dropping a shitload of suicide dreads on a super, and has nothing to do with stealth bombers.

To be fair he's never seen a capital ship, let alone a supercap.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Rape cage" is not really a term I think people should use to describe an action in a video game.

That's just my thought though :eonwe:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

e:

Xolve posted:

Except, you don't need to rape cage the towers anymore, especially when your towers aren't there anymore and our towers are- you know, that whole thing where Supers and Titans can now be tackled by a POS now (thanks :ccp:).

ETA on titans/supers getting a 800% role bonus to warp core stabilizers?

Libluini posted:

According to the devs, that was supposed to be 5,4%. Did someone butter-finger the decimal point?

Edit:

Looking around, I see broker fees ranging from 2,47 to 2,54% with not even perfect skills. Where the hell are you that you get those insane fees?

Aren't broker fees one of the things you can change in citadels, meaning 0.01 works vastly in your favor if you (or your friends) own the trade hub?

Anyway for the "can't find PVP" complaints, it wouldn't be too hard to do within the current mechanics as a semi-informal tournament, with minimal coding and UI additions. Set it up to run in highsec so everyone can get their poo poo assembled and spectators and bloggers can observe. Some neutral party pays a fee to set up the fight by registering everyone on Team A and Team B and once everyone agrees to the fight by getting on-grid and pushing a "ready" button, referee flips a switch and A/B get mutual aggression flags.

Slightly modded CONCORD units spawn to squish anyone who tries to interfere (or providing remote assistance counts as a criminal action and fleet bonuses are negated if the booster is offgrid or not participating), though streamers would probably always get suicide ganked anyway :q:

And CCP can get their mad publicity and subscription sales from pro esport gamers showboating year round, without having to do all the work every time. No rewards except fites and bragging rights and probably stats on a special killboard.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 27, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Fitting a POS with enough scrams to actually keep a super tackled is going to severely tax the fitting ability of other useful things, I don't think that that's a likely scenario.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Gevlon was right all along. RIP jita.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

I know, I was talking about bombing runs on shield capitals, since other people have told me shield-capitals are somewhat vulnerable against that.

In fact, me knowing this was the reason for me not using the term "Dread bombing" because I thought it would confuse some people. But thanks, next time I will put in huge disclaimers in bold and with sirens to list everything I didn't meant

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Rape cage" is not really a term I think people should use to describe an action in a video game.

That's just my thought though :eonwe:

Agreed.

Edit: Meanwhile all this slapfighting is ruining our nice new thread.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

I know, I was talking about bombing runs on shield capitals, since other people have told me shield-capitals are somewhat vulnerable against that.

In fact, me knowing this was the reason for me not using the term "Dread bombing" because I thought it would confuse some people. But thanks, next time I will put in huge disclaimers in bold and with sirens to list everything I didn't meant

A) bomb damage to capitals is pretty negligible

B) you can't move in siege, the only time dreads are useful, so you can't exactly MWD out of their (or AoE doomsdays) way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Just keep an eye out for the goalpost move in a week or two

You'll know it when you see it

• Locked thread