Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Minimalist Program posted:

GBS is so incredibly bad and getting worse to the point that 2016 is the worst GBS year I've ever seen, and basically it's due to Nooner, DGSW, Enfield and like, 4 other guys who post none stop in all threads and are all horrible and should be banned, and I am also one such poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you really wanna do thi in the fat is beautiful 2016 thread or he popeyes chicken is bad thread or the thread where goons decide whether or not theyd gently caress an overweight pop star

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

JiveHonky posted:

Being a female-identified “good fatty” often means living your life to please others, striving to gain approval and love by being the right thing at the right time. I’ve stopped pushing myself so hard to be an acceptable fatty.

To make a point about the absurdity and body policing of the “good fatty/bad fatty” archetypes, I did a photoshoot where I ate fried chicken with candy all over my body, embodying the “bad fatty” in lingerie and horns.

It’s become one of my favorite photos Jessica.

So this is you?

E: Removing pic

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

You're terrible on every level my man.

im sorry

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

So this is you?

no doxxing, doxxer!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

JiveHonky posted:

no doxxing, doxxer!

okay

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

its actually cause i stopped posting threads

also, get a load of that duck!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what was the original topic of the thread

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's funny how when people talk about "eating their feelings", feelings are code for "cake"

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

Enfield posted:

what was the original topic of the thread

Tapes or CDs

JessicaDupre
Apr 20, 2016

JiveHonky posted:

Being a female-identified “good fatty” often means living your life to please others, striving to gain approval and love by being the right thing at the right time. I’ve stopped pushing myself so hard to be an acceptable fatty.

To make a point about the absurdity and body policing of the “good fatty/bad fatty” archetypes, I did a photoshoot where I ate fried chicken with candy all over my body, embodying the “bad fatty” in lingerie and horns.

It’s become one of my favorite photos Jessica.

Everyone should watch this, then Frosty Flakes can start a thread trashing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Girl

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

JessicaDupre posted:

Everyone should watch this, then Frosty Flakes can start a thread trashing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Girl

i cant click that...im too.... fat...

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JessicaDupre posted:

oh youre the lady with the robot thing

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

GBS is so incredibly bad and getting worse to the point that 2016 is the worst GBS year I've ever seen, and basically it's due to Nooner, DGSW, Enfield and like, 4 other guys who post none stop in all threads and are all horrible and should be banned, and I am also one such poster.

it's not those guys per se but the fact that everyone else imitates what they perceive to be success and/or lashes out at what they perceive as a poo poo-posting double standard (by shitposting more)

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
are we starting up the Town Hall thread again? oh goodie

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

agreed but what you gonna do there's only like 20 people posting here

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Frosted Flake posted:

If you thought complaining was limited to campus protests and foodies, boy are you in for a shock!

5 Ways to Share Your Fitness Life on Social Media More Thoughtfully

But I recognize that for some folks, the celebration of it could be a reminder of a deeply dark period of their lives or a twisted affirmation of their ongoing self-destructive behaviors

Recognize That You’re Not Inherently Doing Something Wrong

Realize That for Some People, It Will Always Be Triggering

Use More Intentional Language When Discussing Fitness

If Possible, Offer a Way to Filter Posts

Never Use Numbers — Never, Ever Use Numbers

http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/talking-fitness-social-media/

So basically, always censor yourself in case you inadvertently hurt someone's feelings. Yeah working out is good for you, and it might be a big part of your life - but what about fat people!? It hurts their feelings to be reminded that fit people exist! Since hurting feelings is the worst thing you can do, go through elaborate lengths to keep the details of your fitness to yourself. Don't take pictures, don't talk about workouts, don't talk about calories, or what you achieve. Other people will might feel bad, you wouldn't want that, would you!?

Oh and watch out for Taylor Swift!!

and spoons!!

same

thanks OP this was really enlightening

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant believe im getting called out in front of jesdica dupre

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

exercise sucks and eating like poo poo owns how is this even up for debate?

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

JessicaDupre posted:

It's like Christmas came early this year. I take sole responsibility for this thread because I'm a narcissist. I would stay here but I have to go to the gym and then brag about it to my out-of-shape friends. Btw, how many people on here can run a mile under, say, 9 minutes? Just curious.

Hey, why are you using numbers?!?!

I blew out my knee a couple of months ago and now I'm restricted to just walking like I have some place meaningful to go. Thanks for triggering me with your talk of single-digit minutes per mile.

I'm gonna go hug my running shoes and cry now.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
imma gonna poo poo-a my pantsa mama mia!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hang on guys wait, has anyone made a joke about the one in the skelengton shirt just being "Big Boned"? :grin:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Actually, I think its great right now. Somebody posts a thread, all the goons riff on it....."Very Good" - Borat :D

some mods are a little heavyhanded w the "probate" button IMHO but yah GBS is real good

stump collector
May 28, 2007
gbs is both funny ha ha and funny peculiar

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZQEJblS6tI

Aug 4, 2010

if your fat lose some weight idiots

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Pre 1955 all these fatties would have been considered carnival sideshow material. Until the late 80s they'd be considered freakishly fat.
Does social progress come at the cost of more and more people being totally unfuckable?

JessicaDupre
Apr 20, 2016

Millions of Crows posted:

Pre 1955 all these fatties would have been considered carnival sideshow material. Until the late 80s they'd be considered freakishly fat.
Does social progress come at the cost of more and more people being totally unfuckable?

I've been living a lie this whole time in the name of social progress. So it's okay for me to make fun of awkward people at the gym now? You're all fat cows for not being able to run a 6 minute mile. I feel so much better now. Awww, someone thinks I'm going to leave now because they replaced my avatar with a (gaaaasp) fat girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb_KFpJBOUA

JessicaDupre fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 28, 2016

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

JessicaDupre posted:

I've been living a lie this whole time in the name of social progress. So it's okay for me to make fun of awkward people at the gym now? You're all fat cows for not being able to run a 6 minute mile. I feel so much better now. Awww, someone thinks I'm going to leave now because they replaced my avatar with a (gaaaasp) fat girl.

your posting module needs adjustment. wait here brb

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I like this televeison program

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

JessicaDupre posted:

I dunno why low tax hates you, you're gonna fit right in here.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
how do you trick a fat girl into loving you??? i cant ask my mom shes dead

Aug 4, 2010

Fishy Joe posted:

give her cakes

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Fishy Joe posted:

tell her she reminds you of your dead mom <3

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

If you are a fat that gets triggered or shamed by looking at a normal person then do something about it you lazy piece of poo poo. gently caress this gay earth.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

JessicaDupre posted:

how fat are you

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Most of the fat people I know are smart folks who work hard at their jobs and have always been nice to me. I love them and have a lot of respect for them

JessicaDupre
Apr 20, 2016

EngineerSean posted:

I dunno why low tax hates you, you're gonna fit right in here.

Low Tax is like one of my professors who threatened to kill me for having a respiratory infection one week, then asked me what contagious disease I was going to give him when I came back. Then at the end of the semester he asked me on a date. Low Tax, if you're reading this, I'm not going on any dates with you. Meghan Trainor is also probably a little out of your league.

JessicaDupre fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

JessicaDupre posted:

Low Tax is like one of my professors who threatened to kill me for having a respiratory infection one week, then asking me what contagious disease I was going to give him when I came back. Then at the end of the semester he asked me on a date. Low Tax, if you're reading this, I'm not going on any dates with you. Meghan Trainor is also probably a little out of your league.

To be fair, you did break the forum rules.

• Locked thread