Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
trailer looks good, looks like i need to watch the captain america movies now for my prereqs before seeing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

captain america is the anti-america side in civil war.

homegrown terrorism is the greatest threat facing america today after all

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Blue Train posted:

homegrown terrorism is the greatest threat facing america today after all

thankfully we have the unlimited, unchecked power of LEA to protect us from bad guys

oh wait....

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Batman and Robin is not a bad superhero movie. If anything, its better than most "dark and gritty" yet somehow PG superhero poo poo that comes out.

We are talking about dudes wearing spandex fighting such realistic characters like crazy clown. It's wacky and stupid and should be treated as such.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Have you even seen Winter Soldier? It's pretty much a gold standard of "Good entertainment, but also makes a pretty decent point."

thank you for reminding me what it's like to be fifteen again

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ElectricSheep posted:

macy gray was a pretty inexplicable artifact of the time tho

I just heard her old hit song at my local area Wendys while i was enjoying the four for four JBC combo. I liked her in Training Day. "Crooked rear end cops..."

Really gave me something to think about as I enjoyed my meal (dine in).

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Everyone was jizzing their pants over Winter Soldier, but I thought it was just alright. Maybe if I was more personally invested in the NSA scandal and other American bureaucracy then it would have been cooler.

Civil War looks more interesting to non-americans, so I'll probably watch it. If I remember right, Captain America dies?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Superhero movies are for literal children

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I watched the trailer but didn't see any kepi caps, 12 pounder Napoleons, or cavalry charges.
Gonna wear my rebel flag bandanna anyway

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Old Story posted:

yeah that's why I'm literally taking my children to it

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Roboman vs. Soldierman and get this... There is a moral problem relevant to the quote unquote "real world"

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Airborne Viking posted:

yeah that's why I'm literally taking my children to it

that's fine

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Captain America is the Lena Dunham of superheroes.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Old Story posted:

that's fine

having kids is a pretty good excuse to do juvenile things. like not paying taxes.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i heard that this movie is full of wisecrackers can anyone confirm/deny?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

the trump tutelage posted:

thank you for reminding me what it's like to be fifteen again

Ha. I'm actually probably older than you are.

It's not popular to say it in GBS but I'm gonna put it out there. It's actually really ok to like things, and films that carry a narrative and themes.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ha. I'm actually probably older than you are.

It's not popular to say it in GBS but I'm gonna put it out there. It's actually really ok to like things, and films that carry a narrative and themes.

It is NOT okay for an adult to pontificate endlessly on the merits of children's entertainment.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Who the gently caress watches this poo poo? This is an actual question.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Old Story posted:

I thought they were for figurative children.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

White Phosphorus posted:

Over a billion dollars worth of people.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

White Phosphorus posted:

your average person is straight retarded

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

I haven't seen the second one

The first one was kind of dumb :-/

The second one is one of my favorite superhero movies ever but I don't really like superhero movies so

I didn't see the first one cause I heard it blew

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Superhero movie? More like Super-zero interest in seeing this dumb rear end poo poo for literal man babies movie.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

superhero movies are just live action animes and you should be ashamed if you watch them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blue Train posted:

superhero movies are just live action animes and you should be ashamed if you watch them

agreed. you should watch regular anime instead, because anime is good.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Who the heck watches this thing that's incredibly popular??? I have met none of them in my mom's basement that I never leave

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hi, I just watch whatever is put in front of me and eat whatever my hands can reach. I enjoy eating poo poo and drinking piss. My favorite movies are superhero movies.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I'm going to go see Keanu today and like it, no matter what you piss baby downers say! Then next week in going to see Captain America and I might even like that too!

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

Superhero movie? More like Super-zero interest in seeing this dumb rear end poo poo for literal man babies movie.

this, and also literally lol to the guy talking about winter soldier as the golden standard

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I'm taking my daughter to see this on Saturday and I'm excited because of that. The Marvel films are entertaining and fun (except Thor 2, that one was boring). If I want a real smart film I'll just watch some Ozu or something when I get home. That is totally acceptable within the frame of human existence IMO

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.

notZaar posted:

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark recently and it puts all the action choreography of Marvel movies to shame. I can't think of one scene in any of these movies as exciting and memorable as Indies fist fight around that plane.

That's because Raiders is an almost perfect movie. What other movies can you compare comic book movies to?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

RedMage129 posted:

I'm going to go see Keanu today and like it, no matter what you piss baby downers say! Then next week in going to see Captain America and I might even like that too!

Same except Keanu tomorrow so no friggin spoilers

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Premeditated Toast posted:

That's because Raiders is an almost perfect movie. What other movies can you compare comic book movies to?

OK well I wasn't comparing them movie to movie, that wouldn't be fair. But how hard is it to find good action choreographers and decent camera operators? Why does every fight scene need to consist of 3 second takes glued together by 12 layers of GCI?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

White Phosphorus posted:

The 30 year old men on my Facebook that freak out about how their favorite superheroes are making it to the big screen!

Screw you, Josh, we grew up together and I know you haven't read a single loving issue of Deadpool! :mad:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

notZaar posted:

OK well I wasn't comparing them movie to movie, that wouldn't be fair. But how hard is it to find good action choreographers and decent camera operators? Why does every fight scene need to consist of 3 second takes glued together by 12 layers of GCI?

Because people are going to buy the tickets either way, so there's no reason to bother with difficult long shots.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

mcustic posted:

I'm taking my daughter to see this on Saturday and I'm excited because of that. The Marvel films are entertaining and fun (except Thor 2, that one was boring). If I want a real smart film I'll just watch some Ozu or something when I get home. That is totally acceptable within the frame of human existence IMO

I'm not sure how much of a kids film this is. in particular the last 20 minutes or so is pretty loving dark and confronting. Be aware of that if your daughter is attached to any of these characters.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I liked Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Avengers, The Avengers 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain America. The rest of the movies were fun in a dumb way except Iron Man 2 which was unbearable. I also liked the Edward Norton Hulk which I was unaware was a MCU movie until just now. I thought that was entirely separate from the Mark Ruffalo hulk.

I imagine I'll like Civil War.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I'm gonna go watch Green Room instead because this is 2016 and I guess america doesn't want Cap to kill nazis anymore and I gotta look elsewhere for those kinds of thrills.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ghost Head posted:

I'm not sure how much of a kids film this is. in particular the last 20 minutes or so is pretty loving dark and confronting. Be aware of that if your daughter is attached to any of these characters.

kids films are traditionally pretty loving dark have you ever seen bambi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Ghost Head posted:

Thanks for the heads-up. She's pretty aware of how fiction works though, but I'll research the movie a little bit more before I take her to see it.

• Locked thread