Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

JanIrvam posted:

Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

Best Garr Khan post yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

JanIrvam posted:

Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

Holy poo poo another person paid ten bucks to post in the Eve Thread.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people. Go enjoy activities. Go meet people. Go have a life outside of internet space ships.

gently caress it. :justpost:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

JanIrvam posted:

:cripes:

I mean, I kinda half don't believe it. But I want it to be true.

For reals tho dude, see any vote buttons? That answers the question as to why /r/eve is poo poo.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CainFortea posted:

For reals tho dude, see any vote buttons?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

JanIrvam posted:

:laffo: whose burner account is this, well done.

Lordbaldur posted:

this guy is like the guys ive been talking about, fkin dox him....

whoa hey guy that's a lotta aggro for someone who just showed up

Ad by Khad posted:

Came back and mined for about 3 hours before eating a suicide gank. I don't care about money and it's within the rules so it's whatever, fair play, I'm just kinda hoping Videogames doesn't get jumped similarly upon reaching mining barges.

My pvp guy can do all kinds of t2 stuff but I pretty much just want to fly around in something like a navitas or scythe, are there any goon groups suited for this?

Is upgrading your clone no longer a thing?

GSF Caracal fleet (including Saranen standing fleet) uses Scythes, T1 logi is usually welcome on most other fleets unless it's full to the gills with T2 logi. Logi frigates are used in the Jackdaw fleet and I think the Space Violence SIG uses Deacons for their Confessor fleets (not 100% sure). Can't say about Groon or DJ's group. Upgrading your clone is no longer a thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I saw this coming.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's for the whole thread. Not individual posts. You know what I meant. :colbert:

Also we have smilies. Fuckin awesome smilies. :huh:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

:nignog:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JanIrvam posted:

Its almost as if goons arent identified by a single game but are in fact an entire community <---------- :frogsiren: trigger warning :frogsiren:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CainFortea posted:

That's for the whole thread. Not individual posts. You know what I meant. :colbert:

Also we have smilies. Fuckin awesome smilies. :huh:

:pgabz:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah this may come as a shock but 99% of goons don't play eve.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

JanIrvam posted:

Welcome :10bux: friend, go look elsewhere on the forum because there's literally more to being a "goon" than playing EVE and posting in this thread. If you're not a whiny pissbaby you'll fit right in.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

They got rid of the best smilie too, the one that commemorated the second best thread to ever grace this forum.

bye :scax:, you'll always be in my heart.

:smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53707677/

RIP Razor titan.

ullerrm posted:

First, congrats to Tuskers, you guys are awesome.

I love the Worlds Collide format, although it's also super high stress for the team. Because you can't reuse any one hull for more than one format, it means you really need two things:

* A team of players that are extremely crosstrained and capable of flying many ships and many roles, which is hard to get without a bit of account-sharing.
* A really good tactical theorycrafter.

Something like the recent Amarr Championships, where you had standard-ish AT rules for the lower brackets but Collides rules for the finals, is really good IMO.

Yeah I like the Collides format the more I watch it in action. I think it's pretty easy to see that CCP like it too and will probably use an altered version for the AT given the Amarr Championships & Worlds Collide showmatch last year, added to the success EVE NT's tournament had. Elise & the guys running the tournaments apparently have a similar but different setup for next season which could be interesting.

I don't know if you saw the Fight Club matches either, but those were pretty cool and a different change of pace (http://www.eve-nt.uk/about-efc/). Basically, the concept used was it was a "fixed class fittings" idea, eg. Scythes had all the same fittings, etc. to sort of replicate other MOBAs/Battle Arena games (fittings used - http://www.eve-nt.uk/ship-fittings/). The goal for that was to, generally, make it far easier to understand what was going on even as a layman. The tournament also was based off the types and number of ships you destroyed in matches across the season. Pandemic Horde's team ended up winning it all by 1 point too which was kinda neat. I really liked it since I love poo poo like Bloodline Champions and I have been sorta joking about how CCP or someone should make a space themed BLC/Battlerite game focused on PVP and not tower defense poo poo etc. for a while.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 2, 2016

JanIrvam
May 2, 2016

by Shine

CainFortea posted:

:cripes:

I mean, I kinda half don't believe it. But I want it to be true.

For reals tho dude, see any vote buttons? That answers the question as to why /r/eve is poo poo.

I actually do love that. I'm basically done with /r/Eve.

Sorry to dismay the other guy, but internet spaceships are real. Nothing else is. So seriously, if I wanna talk internet spaceships, is there a place to do that on the SA forums?

JanIrvam
May 2, 2016

by Shine

lucifirius posted:

Welcome :10bux: friend, go look elsewhere on the forum because there's literally more to being a "goon" than playing EVE and posting in this thread. If you're not a whiny pissbaby you'll fit right in.

Umm, alright, so if I post here, that makes me a goon. Detesting Goonswarm Federation in Eve is fine?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

JanIrvam posted:

I actually do love that. I'm basically done with /r/Eve.

Sorry to dismay the other guy, but internet spaceships are real. Nothing else is. So seriously, if I wanna talk internet spaceships, is there a place to do that on the SA forums?

drat, I was hoping you were real. :parrot:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that guy sucks rear end

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Deadtear, I forgot what PunGate was about. What was it about?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Him putting Kesper back in his gimp box and Sion overreacting.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I like the Collides format more and more. I think it's pretty easy to see that CCP like it too and will probably use an altered version for the AT given the Amarr Championships & Worlds Collide showmatch last year, added to the success EVE NT's tournament had.

I don't know if you saw the Fight Club matches either, but those were pretty cool and a different change of pace. Elise & the guys running the tournaments apparently have a similar but different setup for next season which could be interesting.
I'm not sure that the Collides format could really work over the timescale of the AT - the need to submit comps and bans in advance would make it really hard to manage things when you have dozens of matches going on in a day. It's an interesting change of pace from the AT, though, for sure - comps being submitted ahead of time means that the meta converges to a limited range of archetypes more quickly than you see in the tournament proper, so there's a greater emphasis on really understanding how each archetype works and can be beaten (or equivalently, how to win mirror matches against competent opposition). Also, there's an additional layer of strategy in trying to predict when your opponents will field particular setups, which is fun. The big drawback of the format is that it's virtually impossible to have secret meta-breaking setups like PL's Sleipnir/Moracha comp from AT13 - if that comp had been announced in advance, it wouldn't have been anything like so effective.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

JanIrvam posted:

Umm, alright, so if I post here, that makes me a goon. Detesting Goonswarm Federation in Eve is fine?

A new enemy that everyone can rally against. :commissar:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

i deleted a really really bad pun from a diplo post(one of an innumerable amount but it was the worst and was such a stretch it cant even be a pun tbh), but the forum software is REALLY loving BAD and choked and hosed up the post formatting irrevocably, kesper or whoever had it saved so nbd (i still got rid of the lovely pun but didn't gently caress up the formatting the second time) but sion leapt into action as much as someone whose voice sounds like watching paint dry can

people told me sion was looking for a reason to oust me and it was unfortunate that's what i got hit on but i cant bring myself to care beyond laughing at how much that dude is a wiener

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

That is a very nice puppy. :3:

vyst posted:

It's pretty simple. I don't want to do eve spacework anymore. I don't play eve. Illum is boring now. I don't care about the meta. I only really cared about it for trolling purposes. Goonfleet.com forums are garbage, and it needs bleach-style moderation of which I'm too soft for.

I'm against moderation. forums are never better than when people :justpost:. Moderation should only be for truly offensive poo poo.
Let the people post to their hearts content I say.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 2, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
your definition of everything is stupid and wrong

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Nah. I just don't like imposing standards that are arbitrary.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i deleted a really really bad pun from a diplo post(one of an innumerable amount but it was the worst and was such a stretch it cant even be a pun tbh), but the forum software is REALLY loving BAD and choked and hosed up the post formatting irrevocably, kesper or whoever had it saved so nbd (i still got rid of the lovely pun but didn't gently caress up the formatting the second time) but sion leapt into action as much as someone whose voice sounds like watching paint dry can

people told me sion was looking for a reason to oust me and it was unfortunate that's what i got hit on but i cant bring myself to care beyond laughing at how much that dude is a wiener

Do you remember the pun?

Also, Dalael, all standards are arbitrary.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Go find Atlantis, and make Bernie president there.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont but i do have this

"Initial actions taken: Frank Frank, Deadtear, Powers SA, Walter Stine removed as moderators. Policy and technical exploration next."

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Go find Atlantis, and make Bernie president there.

See, this is a great example of a stupid post. A good moderator would do something about this.

I on the other hand, believe that even your retarded rear end has the right to :justpost:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

JanIrvam posted:

:allbuttons:

VideoGames, this right here is why there is a long standing hatred of J4Gs on SA.

:frogout:

Lordbaldur posted:

this guy is like the guys ive been talking about, fkin dox him....

This here too.

Posting someone's personal information on the internet is bad and you shouldn't do it.

Sure doesn't look like he was in razor to me

Dalael posted:

See, this is a great example of a stupid post. A good moderator would do something about this.

I on the other hand, believe that even your retarded rear end has the right to :justpost:

Nah that was pretty goodmediocre, your posting on the other hand had veered back from 'kinda tolerable once in a while' to 'known cause of metastatic brain cancer'

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/a5NBoZm.webm

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

:kimchi:

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

:allbuttons:

The guy ejected from the Titan and dropped corp before it was killed. The titan was empty when it was killed but they wanted the KM.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

evilweasel posted:

The forum is only visible after you've accumulated enough posts, or bought platinum.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Man, if only there was a way to utilize timestamps to cross reference a pilots employment history with a titan killmail.

Oh- and also this. ~valued allies~

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Massasoit posted:

I'll just say that ISRAD has no ill will to groon or tenbux or really goonwaffe other than the fact we are 'fighting' them.

No I mean "at odds" in the space murder kind of way. The good kind.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Regrettable Drunk posted:

The guy ejected from the Titan and dropped corp before it was killed. The titan was empty when it was killed but they wanted the KM.

Id rather have a titan than a killmail.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Beanbox posted:

Id rather have a titan than a killmail.

Common misconception when it comes to PL. Killmail is better. Killmail goes in your pocket. A titan has to be hauled back home and needs a sitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
PL players masturbate furiously everytime they kill a titan.
Source: Ted Talks: Masturbation Myths

• Locked thread