Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i eat exclusivdly at the whole foods hot bar. 3 meals a day i spend more on it than my rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

thathonkey posted:

i eat exclusivdly at the whole foods hot bar. 3 meals a day i spend more on it than my rent

They have some high caliber mac and cheese as well.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i almost had sex with a golden corral waitress on a gazebo one time but the sun started coming up and i got worried we'd get caught and got cold feet

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Never been op, but you should go and let us know.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's good every once in a while :coolfish:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's a bit below Applebees on the "I'd go there if someone offered to pay but I wouldn't choose it myself" tier.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Unguided posted:

It's a bit below Applebees on the "I'd go there if someone offered to pay but I wouldn't choose it myself" tier.

theres no way it can be as bad as applebees.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
the weekend breakfast buffet is okay it's hard to gently caress up breakfast

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
in my brain golden corral and cracker barrel are the same entity

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Last time I went was for lunch and the floors were wet and the people were shuffling around. Looking all depressing and It was sad. A woman with a takeout box was talking to her friend about how much more value it is to buy food by the pound there and was filling her container with just mash potatoes and gravy.

It's a hell of a place.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

My grandparents always took my family there for birthdays, the key is to find the one or two things that aren't bland garbage and just eat a bunch of that. I don't remember what those things are, I think once they had chicken fried steak that was actually decent.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
It's cool if you can enjoy the dinner theater without being put off your food. The grub itself is passable. The clam chowder has been good for years and there are some other things to eat there that are not just grease and sauce.

You'll feel super depraved when going in and coming out, but we are in a late empire hedonism phase anyway. Might as well live it.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

It's all cooked in piss op, hence the name

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

do not go there ever

My parents took me there when I went to visit a bunch of times until I pretty much kind of indicated that every single time I ate there it felt immediately afterwards like I pounded a jar full of grease.

Seriously, I like buffet places and salad bars and poo poo if they're good, and GC is odd because it doesn't taste that bad initially.. but ten minutes or so in, the illusion shatters and you realize you're eating pure poo poo

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're the one who eats poo poo! You motherfucker!

how can I eat your posts :D :D

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
There were some really good posts about Golden Corral that were in an old quote thread that made it seem like it was fun

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Golden Corral isn't that bad as far as cheap buffets go. You can do much worse - ryan's grill, whistle junction (if it still exists - the one I knew of got closed down), etc make golden corral look like fine dining. e: also basically any chinese/japanese buffet that's in a small town/ right off the interstate

I mean yeah it's extremely greasy, but I don't think any reasonable person has ever gone into such an establishment expecting a healthy meal. The stuff off the grill is usually alright, although the steaks are almost always overcooked/tough no matter how you tell him to cook it, and there are at least some "healthy" (relatively) things that aren't deep fried if you're that concerned about the grease content. I wouldn't bother with the cooked vegetables though - bland canned stuff boiled until it's mush and swimming in butter so what's the point.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I ate at Golden Corral earlier today. They did not have croutons at the salad bar.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

President Kucinich posted:

I ate at Golden Corral earlier today. They did not have croutons at the salad bar.

CROUTONS IS JUST CUBE BREAD DAWG

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Golden Corral makes Applebees look 5 star. The one that used to be near me got closed several times for a bunch of health code violations, including rat infestations. Then it mysteriously burned down and never reopened.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
golden corral isn't cool because they don't serve alcohol

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
You can put liquid cheese on anything from the golden corral.

Green beans and liquid cheese?

Done.

Baked potato with liquid cheese?

Hell yeah.

Broccoli with liquid cheese?

Yes!

Liquid cheese with liquid cheese served in a bowl?

Yes! How often do you serve yourself liquid cheese at home.

Never?

Head to the corral, the GOLDEN corral.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been living in a Golden Corral for 3 years now. During the night I hide inside their giant chocolate fountain. A real "life hack"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Any place that lets you stick a fried catfish into a chocolate fountain is legit as hell

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any places that have chocolate fountains but don't let you dip fried catfish in it

maybe one of them classy restaurants you need a reservation for

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
They keep food 3x longer than is safe and when the health inspectors come they cart out the expired green food to the dumpster area out back. Also it's all basically institution-grade food, think nursing homes or just a step up from prison food. Hope your stomach is an iron shark diving cage.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Is gary sinise actually a veteran or is he there in character as lieutenant dan

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also wtf is up with his shirt/suit situation

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It's a great restaurant for hard working lower middle class Americans and minority families and everybody is having a great time and kids love it dad loves it granddad loves it and the food is normal and fresh and cleanly prepared.

So if your a spoiled millennial poo poo head who has to have everything app branded and wrapped in 15 layers of ironic nostalgia just stay away.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
I haven't been to Golden Corral in about ten years but now I guess it's full of fat people, just read this review:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34209-d511403-r122193134-Golden_Corral-Eustis_Lake_County_Florida.html

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I almost ate at a golden corral once but as I was standing in line it was full of youths screaming and the 3 girls' hair in front of me smelled so much like piss I nearly vomited and lost my appetite. It was a zoo. Ended up at Fiveguys instead.

Don't really know if the food was any good but the atmosphere was not conducive to a happy dining experiencing.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It's the best restaurant on earth if you're white trash. If you're not white trash, go some place else.

This should be obvious since Jeff Foxworthy has been their spokesman for years.

[shrill glass shattering voice] If you go to a Golden Corral for birthday celebrations, you just might be a redneck [/shrill glass shattering voice]

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

8 track betamax posted:

It's a great restaurant for hard working lower middle class Americans and minority families and everybody is having a great time and kids love it dad loves it granddad loves it and the food is normal and fresh and cleanly prepared.

So if your a spoiled millennial poo poo head who has to have everything app branded and wrapped in 15 layers of ironic nostalgia just stay away.

pretty defensive about your garbage-tier restaurant

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
http://www.pjwnex.us/media/text/Golden_Corral.txt

tl;dr Legit.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Lord Binky posted:

It reminds me too much of school, the place where I was first bullied. Now I'm constnatly bullied at work. I do not need those memories.

Hey dgsw I am sorry to hear you are being picked on at work. I wish I could come by and pick you up after work and take you out for a nice spaghetti dinner. Then me and you can talk about it, and if you tell me something really juicey about one of your co workers I can non chalantly bring it up in conversation later to show you I was listening.
Thanks.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Any food place that focuses on quantity of quality should be ignored.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't think the person who made that knows how the word "corral" is pronounced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think the person who made that knows how the word "corral" is pronounced.

I don't think the person in the photo knows how the name Carl is pronounced, so I guess it ties in.

• Locked thread