Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Coolguye's run is categorized as "Nonprofits & Activism" on Youtube. Just wanted to share this one weird fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's usually Travel so we're moving up in the world.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It's something different every time, I swear. I never change it because it means nothing.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not sure if it was visible in the video, but where Emily's drawing of Corvo in the low chaos version just shows his face, the high chaos one depicts his skull mask. Let's hope Dunwall has some good therapists left after all this. Although Corvo probably killed them all. :v:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

(Also if you are wondering yes, I am aware of the Dawn of War III announce trailer)

How excited are you about getting to kill all those Howling Banshees?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The only constant throughout the multiverse is this: "gently caress elves."

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Keksen posted:

Really just Eldar in general.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Your decision to break ghost was completely justified, Coolguye.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheLastRoboKy posted:

(Also if you are wondering yes, I am aware of the Dawn of War III announce trailer)

Now we just need a Necromunda game for this year to be complete.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Known actors on Dishonored 2:

Vincent D'Onofrio (Daredevil, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Full Metal Jacket, Men in Black) as Luca Abele, Duke of Serkonos
Rosario Dawson(Kids, Sin City, Daredevil, Deathproof, Seven Pounds) as Meagan Foster, Dreadful Wale Captain
Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones, Narcos, The Good Wife, The Mentalist) as Paolo, Howler Gang Leader
Sam Rockwell (Moon, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind,Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Galaxy Quest), The Green Mile) as Mortimer Ramsey, Dunwall City Watch
Jamie Hector (The Wire, Heroes, Max Payne, Bosch, Halo: Reach) as Liam Byrne, Vice Overseer
Robin Lord Taylor (Gotham, Accepted, Another Earth) as The Outsider
Stephen Russell (Thief, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) as Corvo Attano
Erica Luttrell (The Magic School Bus, Fallout 4) as Emily Kaldwin

Vincent D'Onofrio, Kingpin & Detective extraordinaire, and Stephen Russell: literally Garrett from the first two thief games :swoon:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 3, 2016

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Lunethex posted:

Vincent D'Onofrio (Daredevil, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Full Metal Jacket, Men in Black) as Luca Abele, Duke of Serkonos
Rosario Dawson(Kids, Sin City, Daredevil, Deathproof, Seven Pounds) as Meagan Foster, Dreadful Wale Captain
Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones, Narcos, The Good Wife, The Mentalist) as Paolo, Howler Gang Leader
Sam Rockwell (Moon, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind,Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Galaxy Quest), The Green Mile) as Mortimer Ramsey, Dunwall City Watch
Jamie Hector (The Wire, Heroes, Max Payne, Bosch, Halo: Reach) as Liam Byrne, Vice Overseer

Vincent D'Onofrio, Kingpin & Detective extraordinaire, and Stephen Russell: literally Garrett from the first two thief games :swoon:

I just found out that Mercer Frey from the Skyrim Thieves' Guild is loving Garrett. Holy poo poo, everyone loves their Thief references.
I was momentarily outraged that Corvo would get a voice, but in that light it's going to be wondrous.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Zomborgon posted:

I just found out that Mercer Frey from the Skyrim Thieves' Guild is loving Garrett. Holy poo poo, everyone loves their Thief references.
I was momentarily outraged that Corvo would get a voice, but in that light it's going to be wondrous.

To be fair, he was like a sixth of the characters in Skyrim.

Lunethex posted:

Is this what it's like to have a nerdgasm? First DoW3, then this. Only thing that could make me break down more would be freespace 3.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I approve of legendary thief Garrett voicing Corvo Attano for the sequel.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Green Intern posted:

Coolguye's run is categorized as "Nonprofits & Activism" on Youtube. Just wanted to share this one weird fact.

I've been intentionally flicking those around on mine because I think I'm hilarious.

Coolguye posted:

It's something different every time, I swear. I never change it because it means nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true. As you can see with the latest video for High Chaos you can actually set the category as Gaming and set it as the specific game. I imagine it's one of those things where they try to narrow down what the person watches into more slices with their googlebots and we just keep loving around on it.

Keksen posted:

I'm more excited by the fact that when I checked their official page I learned Gorgutz is back.

Brainamp posted:

Now we just need a Necromunda game for this year to be complete.

That would make for a very nice year for me. We're already being swamped with some nice GW property video games though, I'm not sure how many more I can handle before I have to buy a second computer to play two at once to get through them all.

Lunethex posted:

AradoBalanga posted:

I approve of legendary thief Garrett voicing Corvo Attano for the sequel.

I knew that they'd have to have Corvo talking since we're able to be playing as Emily but that's pretty drat cool.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Brainamp posted:

To be fair, he was like a sixth of the characters in Skyrim.

He was also Codsworth (and most Mr. Handies) and Nick Valentine in Fallout 4. Guy's got a lot of range.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Gorgutz will form the head of that pile of Orks camouflaged as a statue of the Emperor.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Well, that's not entirely true. As you can see with the latest video for High Chaos you can actually set the category as Gaming and set it as the specific game. I imagine it's one of those things where they try to narrow down what the person watches into more slices with their googlebots and we just keep loving around on it.

ah gently caress you're right

I'm gonna need to spend an afternoon going back through all of our videos and fixing this, aren't I :bang:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm more excited by the fact that when I checked their official page I learned Gorgutz is back.
welp i guess i'm preordering this game

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I suppose this is Emily? It must be trendy for stealth protagonists to have coats.

https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/727539544871079936

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Delacroix posted:

I suppose this is Emily? It must be trendy for stealth protagonists to have coats.

Yes, that is Emily.

Man, so many great VA's in the game. I'm getting excited!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Delacroix posted:

I... am really looking forward to this game, but I can't help but make "iconic cap" references.

Watch_Rats

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Coolguye posted:

ah gently caress you're right

I'm gonna need to spend an afternoon going back through all of our videos and fixing this, aren't I :bang:

I already did it to the entire Space Marine let's play one night recently. While I'm uploading the next episode I'm just going to do all the Dawn of War LPs.

Delacroix posted:

Coats make for a good way to enable people to accept someone is horribly armed to the mask with death-murder weapons because coats are excellent places to store and hang things on your person and conceal them, and Corvo's weapon set is a lot of smaller things you could conceivably store away. Also the coolness factor I guess.

I like Emily's mask-scarf thing.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

This version of Emily looks amazing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Her shoulderpads are kind of out of control but I can't say no to that perfect hair

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
What shoulderpads?

Unless you mean her crazy popped collar.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The jacket comes with the office.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

What shoulderpads?

Unless you mean her crazy popped collar.

Nah get a load of her proportions. Her shoulders jut out like she's an upside down pyramid, but her torso and waist are both pretty slender - which makes sense considering how she's displayed in this game.

Those shoulders are padded more than an 80s blouse and it's funny to me.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Coats make for a good way to enable people to accept someone is horribly armed to the mask with death-murder weapons because coats are excellent places to store and hang things on your person and conceal them, and Corvo's weapon set is a lot of smaller things you could conceivably store away. Also the coolness factor I guess.

I like Emily's mask-scarf thing.

It was more an observation than snark. I definitely prefer games that let me carry 5-6 different toys than ones restricted to whatever you can magnetically attach onto your person.

I'm a prude firm believer in practical outfits and hair for female characters. My companion in Dragon's Dogma has short hair and a mask too. :3:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There's a lot to be said for hair in a character design. It lends itself to a character's personality and background just from how styled or messy it is.

It's a bit blurry, but this shot shows her new look a bit better. She is slender, but she also has a lot of Corvo's look about her. Mainly his wide shoulders, large forearms, and thinner waist.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Oh man, I thought RoboKy's little twitch when Sokolov mentioned krusts was good. Then the bed.... the bed. I'm still crying.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

gently caress Kingpin and Garrett, Rosario Dawson as an evil whaling captain is going to be loving magical.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lunethex posted:

Don't forget Marlo from The Wire as the presumably overseer bossman!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

So I've got until november to get a computer that can run 2015/16 games. Right.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I do wonder if Corvo will be keeping the mask. Does he want everyone to know they're getting Lord Protected in the face, or will its scariness and utility functions make him keep it around for missions?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

MooCowlian posted:

So I've got until november to get a computer that can run 2015/16 games. Right.

If it's anything like dishonored 1 the game will run kust fine on lower/mid range comps.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Delacroix posted:

I'm a prude firm believer in practical outfits and hair for female characters. My companion in Dragon's Dogma has short hair and a mask too. :3:
Haha I had the opposite problem in DD. The loving clothes they put on the male undressed model made it pretty much impossible for me to be stripped to the waist and show off my badass heart scar. The gently caress is the point of having that if I'm not gonna flex it in front of everyone?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Brainamp posted:

If it's anything like dishonored 1 the game will run kust fine on lower/mid range comps.

I mean, I haven't been able to run anything since dying light. I think dishonored 2 is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back though.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Brainamp posted:

Did you mean Krust?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wonder if Krusts sprout flowers in the spring. Send someone a bouquet to show them how you truly feel about them.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Coolguye posted:

Haha I had the opposite problem in DD. The loving clothes they put on the male undressed model made it pretty much impossible for me to be stripped to the waist and show off my badass heart scar. The gently caress is the point of having that if I'm not gonna flex it in front of everyone?

Wear the Trophy Set.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Emily will have a new power that allows multiple guards to share the same fate. She can also summon a doppelganger of herself and include that in the shared fate with the guards. She can then kill her own doppelganger in order to kill the guards. :psyduck:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/05/04/new-details-on-dishonored-2s-gameplay.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Coolguye posted:

One problem with DD is that some piece of gear are completely different if you're female (that said, not korean MMO level bad), I'm sure it's totally to show off the sick scar.

But then some gear is unisex and partially redeems the devs.

Hank Morgan posted:

Emily will have a new power that allows multiple guards to share the same fate. She can also summon a doppelganger of herself and include that in the shared fate with the guards. She can then kill her own doppelganger in order to kill the guards. :psyduck:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/05/04/new-details-on-dishonored-2s-gameplay.aspx

If you can't use that to possess multiple guards and/or cause them to vomit in sync, it will be a sad state of affairs. :colbert:

Possession isn't exclusive to Corvo, I hope!

• Locked thread