Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The hell, you can jump down that fence in the speed mini game left of the Kakariko entrance? I did not know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Rise of the Triad maybe?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

You're thinking of Shadow Warrior, though that actually came after Duke Nukem 3D.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up on the chopping block this week is the first Lorule dungeon of ALBW (and the only one that doesn't need any of the special items), Travis once again fucks with our route in TFH, and I reveal a masochistic plan for my Patreon in ALttP.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm pretty sure the dungeon in the woods doesn't need an item either.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The boss is named Stalblind.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Travis, you were more describing Kamen Riders, not Super Sentai. Sentai have capes.

Riders:

Sentai:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
But don't both tend to fall into same category of Japanese live action superhero(es) fighting rubber suit monsters with special effects?

Hell, Saban's first attempt to localize Masked Rider had a crossover with the Power Rangers as the pilot.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 4, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah

But :goonsay: they have different thematic focus and execution.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The dungeon is either named "Thieves' hideout" or "Thieves hideout", but "thieve's" is just wrong and annoys the grammar nerd in me.

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

Kittens, you have to get them before they get you
I like how as soon as Travis learns he gets benefits for picking "I can't decide" he stops doing it.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Carbon dioxide posted:

The dungeon is either named "Thieves' hideout" or "Thieves hideout", but "thieve's" is just wrong and annoys the grammar nerd in me.

Mister Thieve has to explain himself every day.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I found an accurate depiction of Yoshi, Travis and ThornBrain on the internet.

http://i.imgur.com/V7wAk9u.gifv

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I like to think that the girl in the hoodie is their patreon supporters.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Zelda? gently caress that! NANOSAUR!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I found an accurate depiction of Yoshi, Travis and ThornBrain on the internet.

ManlyGrunting posted:

I like to think that the girl in the hoodie is their patreon supporters.

All accurate. Even outside of TFH.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
That "Teen Witch" reference at the end made me do a double take.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's in your best interest to buy and upgrade the items before you do their respective dungeon. I know the Sand and Ice Rod in particular make their dungeons loads earlier.

As far as Knucklemaster (Yup) It's possible to get the Lv2 Master Sword before you even step foot in Skull Woods There are actually four ores, not just two

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Kurieg posted:

It's in your best interest to buy and upgrade the items before you do their respective dungeon. I know the Sand and Ice Rod in particular make their dungeons loads earlier.

As far as Knucklemaster (Yup) It's possible to get the Lv2 Master Sword before you even step foot in Skull Woods There are actually four ores, not just two

Now the question is will the sword expedite things or is the boss' phases set to a damage cap? Cause man, that was a long and uneventful boss fight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

You can start buying items as soon as you reach Lorule

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So what's in the chest we saw for a second at 6:44 in LBW? I don't think you went back for it?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

So what's in the chest we saw for a second at 6:44 in LBW? I don't think you went back for it?

One of those has the compass, the other has 100 rupees, but to get the rupees you need to drop through another hole and then backtrack through that dark maze-ish bit.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

I noticed this wasn't mentioned during that boss fight, but with some precise timing, you can literally skip this boss and get pushed into the wall and free Seres that way.
Granted, you lose a heart container, since you didn't actually defeat the boss.
Not sure if that was patched out or not.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Highwang takes a side path to beef up his arsenal.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

No ALBW this week, but I'll try and have more recorded by next week. This is also the last of TFH we have in the backlog, and the LP might go into another minor hiatus while we wait for Yoshi to return from a trip.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Forgot to upload this yesterday. Luckily the stream recordings have lined up nicely so that the game will be finished next Friday.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The first time I ever did the Ice Palace I didn't have the fire rod, so I pretty much Bombos'd my way through it. Without half magic.
It's strangely kind of designed for that with the penguins dropping lots of magic pots.

It's also my preferred way to get through that dungeon.

Also seeing the Ice Palace again makes me curious about Link Between Worlds version of that dungeon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also seeing the Ice Palace again makes me curious about Link Between Worlds version of that dungeon.

It's annoying, but the upgraded Fire Rod is awesome so that compensates.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We reach the ALttP version of ALBW's most recent dungeon.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
You know, I spent the entire dungeon in ALBW waiting for the thief girl to stab Link in the back. I was actually rather surprised when she turned out to be on the level.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
You know, I want to say there's a trick with only lighting the left torch in the Ganon boss fight, but I can't remember what it is exactly. I suppose it's moot now.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ALBW is back, and if I can keep a consistent schedule we should have updates through September.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I actually just recently watched the stream on your channel, Thorn. And I have to say, Highwang's performance during that fight was... he hit the boss enough times for the boss to die.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Repo Bird's always on the gank

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

bman in 2288 posted:

I actually just recently watched the stream on your channel, Thorn. And I have to say, Highwang's performance during that fight was... he hit the boss enough times for the boss to die.

That's generous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
As someone who has beaten the Helmasaur King A: Only using the Hammer and B: Only using the Bombs, Highwang's primary problem with that fight was thinking that spin attacks did more damage than a normal swing (when the easiest method is to bomb the mask and then normally slash the head.)

The 3D Zeldas introduced that.

• Locked thread