Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Day 1: Vote Count

Vote Time Ends at 7:30 PM CDT

Requirements: You must have PM turned on / email contact to play
You must be active at least once a day or your head will explode / be replaced by someone else.

Dead players can only communicate through :ghost: < nonsense unrelated to game goes here >:ghost: any breaking of this rule will result in me asking a mod to give you a 6 hour prob.

You will have 24 hours every day to take a day action and 24 hours to take a night action.
Time for the day to end will start at 6:00 PM CDT this will apply for every day. If we finish early that's great / bad depending on how you look at it!

If you want to sign up: Say you're in and a way to contact me if you don't want to do it via PMs.

:siren: Remember DO NOT EDIT POSTS that have votes or other things in them relevant to the game.
:siren:

1. Azuth0667
  2. bunnyofdoom
  3. Concerned Citizen
  4. dad gay. so what
  5. Dinosaurmageddon
  6. flerp
  7. GRILLARY CLINTON
  8. imgay
  9. Izzhov
  10. JakeP
  11. Parallax Scroll
  12. Serviette
  13. simplefish
  14. SirSamVimes
  15. Tendai
  16. Tired Moritz
  17. [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774906&userid=163354]White Noise Marine[/url]

Voting is done similar to other games we don't have a bot though so. Keep that in mind.

General Discussion for observers and dead:
Request to be added to it! Dead will be automatically added.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Reserved for classes roles and voting.

Roles:

The Town

Mayor:
The Mayor is the big cheese. This guy doesn't want anyone to know who he is though so he operates through a giant world of red tape and bureaucracy and doing absolutely nothing! You have the option to VETO once per game revealing yourself as the mayor and canceling a hanging vote and making that person immune from being hung for the day. After revealing yourself as the mayor your vote counts as two votes, because you're the mayor! Remember though once you claim to be the mayor you're painting a big target on your head.

Grandma
Grandma watches Glenn Beck reruns and Bill Oriely all day. She is convinced that they are coming to take her money and guns. So she stays up all night with matlock reruns holding a shotgun expecting someone to come barging in the door to take her gold. She is ready though and very trigger happy. Grandma is immune from night attacks, and anyone who visits her at night anyone gets blasted away by her shotgun ending up dead. So be careful who you visit.

Goku
Goku is a super Sayan, but he forgot to take his heart medicine so he isn't an immortal warrior. In fact he can only muster one Kamehameha before dying. Once in the game Goku may kamehameha a person of his choice in the day blowing them up before dying himself. Simply declare your target by doing ##kamehameha <name> and you'll blast them out of the game along with you. Not even being bullet proof can save you from this.

Veteran Cop
You've been on the force for ages and are sick of the corruption in this town! You're going to get to the bottom of this and expose the criminals! At night you can choose one townie to investigate and find out if they're a good guy or bad guy.

Rookie Cop
New and bright eyed you're looking to stop crime in the town. Unlike the veteran cop though you don't have the experience when it comes to investigating and anyone you investigate that has a role will turn out as suspicious! Be careful out there!

:mrgw:Cop roles do not know if they are the veteran or the Rookie :mrgw:

Doctor
Choose one person each night to save. You can protect everyone from dying, but that doesn't help cure unnatural diseases such as lycanthropy... Each night you can choose one person to save.

The Swami
The swami is a bit of a quack. Each night s/he will receive anonymous messages from the dead / spectators given by me to ensure utmost usefulness or hilarity. They can use this message to pass onto the living world if they so choose. If the swami dies they can pass a three word message onto the living each day. But only one three word message.

:siren:

The Cult
Hail Santa! The Cult of Dyslexics for Ted Curz has taken hold in our lovely little town and is determined to sacrifice the innocents!

Head Warlock
Leader of the cult will turn up as innocent upon investigation by veteran cop, guilty by rookie cop.

Zealot #1
Loves flagellance and sacrifices. Generic bad guy who goes around stabbing poo poo.

Witch
Has the power to possess one townie per day at night. That townie will only be able to say positive messages about Ted Cruz irrelevant to anything that could incriminate or contribute to the game. They are able to vote at the end of the day though.

Zealot #2
Same as Zealot 1, but prefers to eat the hearts of victims.

:mrgw: The WEREWOLF :mrgw:
An ancient evil has woken up with the arrival and activities of the cult. A lycanthrope! The werewolf has no allegiances to town or the cult. It wins simply by killing everyone or converting everyone into werewolves.

The werewolf chooses one victim per night who they then attack. The victim has a 75% chance of dying. If they do not die they find themselves converted into a werewolf themselves and will act as one at night themselves. They have no idea who bit them though and their new goal becomes the same as the original werewolf. Turn the whole town into werewolves or kill everyone. If a werewolf attacks another werewolf at night they fight and either neither dies, both die, or one dies. (This will be decided at random.)

(there will be no special side traits for this game :smith:)

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 7, 2016

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi im in to bevanilla town

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The last Mafia sucked

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I would play but everyone would vote me out the first round out of spite

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

amityville anus posted:

The last Mafia sucked

Rude. You're just angry we won :P

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I'm in to lose again

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
ok i'm gonna win it this time

NO GANNYS

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im in so DONT KILL ME N1!!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom posted:

Rude. You're just angry we won :P

I don't feel things there's pills for that.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

amityville anus posted:

I don't feel things there's pills for that.

so are you in then?

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I'm in

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
how strictly is this active once a day rule going to be enforced?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
is this role madness

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Concerned Citizen posted:

ok i'm gonna win it this time

NO GANNYS

aww okie I won't play. I'll be a sub if somebody stops playing though :getin:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My feelings are a little bit hurt

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also if MM didn't get mod permission for this game beforehand I am going to "lol hard" when he gets banned

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I want in.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i'll play only if i'm scum or ganny also plays (so i can d1 lynch him)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i'll play only if i'm scum or ganny also plays (so i can d1 lynch him)

lol they did that in another game and it was all according to my plan.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773333

you can never win vs 'ol ganners

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ok im in

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
not in because I only ruin the mafia games in trad games, but I'll be watching you :3:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dont tell ganny not to play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

dont tell ganny not to play.

ganny should play he's my 2nd favorite new player

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I actually used to play the poo poo out of this back when it was a warcraft 3 custom game and days lasted 7 minutes and it was just caps lock spamming

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria Moritz

I'm in.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Izzhov posted:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria Moritz

I'm in.

That would have been funny and good if I was educated and hadn't had to google it

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I'm in!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I'd be in if you push the day cycle back a bit, its right when I get home from work.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
I'm in!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will allow you to exact vengeance on me for running the previous game.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'M PUSHING THE BUTTON

:f5h::goleft::fh:

(please include me)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

eSporks posted:

I'd be in if you push the day cycle back a bit, its right when I get home from work.

Hows 7?

Basically you have to post once a day in the thread.
Even if its just a "oh crap ted is dead post."

Just keep in mind if you don't vote people will suspect you

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Also ganny do you want in?
And Dong?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I bought plat for this???:confuoot:

:krakentoot::can:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would like to play a game of mafia. I have pms

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

As Ganny's official Forums Nemesis, I object to Amityville's objection to him.

Because I want ganny to die in a fire.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
two spots left assuming espork and ganny didn't want in. I can always make it a slightly larger game if others are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
i want in

• Locked thread