Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Fans posted:

Pretty much every result in the Guardian is being put in terms of if it was down to the Jews hating Corbyn or the Jews hating cuts more than Corbyn. It's a bit weird.

The BBC have mentioned it as well. Maybe the Jews really do control everything???

Also it seems like the Labour story of the election is going to be: Not done as bad as all the doom and gloom in England or Wales but still completely hosed by the SNP in Scotland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Lib Dems have gained NE Fife from the SNP on a 10% swing. :tviv:

Even I wasn't expecting that.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 6, 2016

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

TinTower posted:

Lib Dems have gained NE Fife from the SNP on a 10% swing. :tviv:

Even I wasn't expecting that.

All that pig loving paid off.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

All that pig loving paid off.

To be fair to Willie, at least he wasn't joining in the pig loving.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Lib Dems are having a mini revival at the moment?

I thought this election was going to be dull but this is actually getting interesting :psyduck:

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Why are there two Lib Dem gains? Why is Lib Dem gains a sentence I am saying?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Raeg posted:

Why are there two Lib Dem gains? Why is Lib Dem gains a sentence I am saying?

In one seat, because :D WILLIE RENNIE! :D has been going down Volcano slides.

In the other, because the SNP MP has been fiddling her mortgage.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Ruth Davidson wins a constituency seat in Edinburgh Central. Look at this loving mess of votes:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/728425611002314752

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

TinTower posted:

Ruth Davidson wins a constituency seat in Edinburgh Central. Look at this loving mess of votes:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/728425611002314752

jfc what happened here

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i mean, a massive bleed of left-leaning votes to the greens along with a collapse of the lib dem vote going straight to the tories seems to have happened, but good grief

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I like to remind everyone that AMS is still a poo poo voting system. Still FPTP with a closed party list.

Also SNP got greedy instead of being up for the idea of a Yes Alliance and as a result backfired massively.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

jfc what happened here

Lib Dems were throwing everything into the successful gain in Western. Tories were standing their leader. One of the few Green constituency battles.

All makes for a loving mess.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Extreme0 posted:

I like to remind everyone that AMS is still a poo poo voting system. Still FPTP with a closed party list.

Also SNP got greedy instead of being up for the idea of a Yes Alliance and as a result backfired massively.

"Massively" seems to be not quite right

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sickens me to see so much blue but scottish labour ran a disastrous campaign.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TinTower posted:

Lib Dems were throwing everything into the successful gain in Western. Tories were standing their leader. One of the few Green constituency battles.

All makes for a loving mess.

Yeah, there's been a few quirks of results based on how the split went.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

"Massively" seems to be not quite right

What can I say. I like hyperbole.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

There are serious rumblings that the SNP might just miss out on a majority if the Tories continue to do well. They can only get 61 constituency seats with the results now and it's unlikely they'll pick up any on the list given the constituency sweeps.

Meanwhile, Patrick Harvie has beaten Labour into third in Glasgow Kelvin (SNP hold).

TinTower fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 6, 2016

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ugh what is taking aberdeen central so long I just want to know so I can go to bed and get up in like 3hrs

e: easy snp hold. 1:1 exchange from labour to tories interesting though

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Sturgeon easily re-elected, presumably making Harvie and Kezia the only party leaders representing list seats.

Cardiff North and Central are very close; North is a Tory target, Central is a LD target that was on a knife edge five years ago.

Plaid might have gained Rhondda from Labour, where Leanne was standing.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

TinTower posted:

There are serious rumblings that the SNP might just miss out on a majority if the Tories continue to do well. They can only get 61 constituency seats with the results now and it's unlikely they'll pick up any on the list given the constituency sweeps.

Meanwhile, Patrick Harvie has beaten Labour into third in Glasgow Kelvin (SNP hold).

I'm hoping things end up like that. SNP with another outright majority will continue to harp on about a 2nd indie ref. Mind you, that may well be why their percentages are down in some areas in the first place. Labour sure got humped though. Imagine going back 30 years and trying to persuade someone that Labour would lose almost all their support in Scotland. And losing their places to Tories, it's like topsy turvy world.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Leanne Wood wins in Rhondda. 24% swing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So Labour's strongest showing is in the south of England today? What a twist.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

SNP constituency seat range 54–59.

They need 65 for a majority.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
The SNP should pick up a few in the South, Lothians and Mid Scotland and Fife lists. I'm pretty confident we will have a majority when all's said and done.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Are the Greens the only other party that would consider supporting an SNP government?

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

The Lib-Dems might. They were all set to go into coalition with the SNP back in 2007 until (surprise surprise) the issue of an independence referendum put the brakes on it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Badger of Basra posted:

Are the Greens the only other party that would consider supporting an SNP government?

Ruth Davidson would support them on an awful lot of issues. Not indyref 2 though

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

Eh I think a SNP minority government held by the Greens is more better for the Greens.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
"This is not a route to power in 2020" is evidently the line the PLP want to use to bash Corbyn and co.

I mean the results were not spectacular but if you take the basket case that is Scottish Labour out of the picture they have done pretty well it would appear.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Alan BStard posted:

"This is not a route to power in 2020" is evidently the line the PLP want to use to bash Corbyn and co.

I mean the results were not spectacular but if you take the basket case that is Scottish Labour out of the picture they have done pretty well it would appear.

But don't you realise that if you're having your first election in opposition with a new leader you should always win seats. Jeremy Corbyn has bucked the trend! No I have no problem positing a historical law on the basis of three examples, Corbyn is the worst leader ever.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alan BStard posted:

It's looking like a 3 point improvement on last year with the Tories dropping by the same amount. Not fantastic but not really enough ammo for them to be able to actually pull of a coup unless Goldsmith pulls off the surprise victory.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's looking like a 3 point improvement on last year with the Tories dropping by the same amount. Not fantastic but not really enough ammo for them to be able to actually pull of a coup unless Goldsmith pulls off the surprise victory.

John Mann has made what is probably his least critical ever set of comments about Corbyn so looks like any coup is off the table:

John Mann posted:

Let me say that this speculation about a challenge to Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, it was my view a month ago and a day ago that shouldn’t be one. It’s my view today that there shouldn’t be one. What we need is him to get on top of the big issues and start broadening our appeal.

We should have been winning by a landslide across the country with the way this Tory government’s been acting and the way they’ve dealt with the country, the collapse in economic confidence. We’re doing okay, not bad results, we’re holding our own, but we should be doing dramatically better than this.

But now is not the time for any challenge and that’s the view as well of virtually all of my colleagues who I speak to who the media might call somewhat critical of some of Jeremy’s policies. So that isn’t going to happen.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Gower, Llanelli and Vale of Clwyd all held is a relief.

Losing Rhondda was a shock until I realised Leanne Wood was standing there and heck, she's probably one of the more popular politicians in the whole of the UK right now, let alone Rhondda.

Swansea East improved its turnout! :toot:... from 31% to 35% :sigh:. Oh well, we might not come last this year.

e: Labour clean sweep in South Wales West again, yaaay.

e2: Cardiff Central hold, possibly unsurprising given Labour's opponent there was the Lib Dems.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 6, 2016

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

OvineYeast posted:

John Mann has made what is probably his least critical ever set of comments about Corbyn so looks like any coup is off the table:

Well he's clearly been given an enormous bollocking.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

Gower, Llanelli and Vale of Clwyd all held is a relief.

Losing Rhondda was a shock until I realised Leanne Wood was standing there and heck, she's probably one of the more popular politicians in the whole of the UK right now, let alone Rhondda.

Swansea East improved its turnout! :toot:... from 31% to 35% :sigh:. Oh well, we might not come last this year.

e: Labour clean sweep in South Wales West again, yaaay.

e2: Cardiff Central hold, possibly unsurprising given Labour's opponent there was the Lib Dems.

Unfortunately I couldn't be part of that increase in vote share in Swansea East because I'm out of the country and my postal vote didn't arrive.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I cannot stress how sad Eastwood has made me to deal with Jackson Carlaw for five years.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Oh, right, it's elections, let's check out BBC to see the results.

I see.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Oh, right, it's elections, let's check out BBC to see the results.

I see.

I'm incredibly irritated by them using yellow for Plaid Cymru. It makes it look like the bloody Lib Dems are running second in Wales.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

Clearly they should have used plaid.

...I'll show myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

UKIP takes six seats in Thurrock ahahahaha :suicide:

• Locked thread