Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Please reset yourself to baseline purity with a Lagunitas before you make such reckless statements

Session IPAs are a good start for people who tried "Random XXXTRA HOPPY QUINTUPLE IPA" and were turned off by the extreme hoppiness/bitterness. They tend to be less in-your-face than the average IPA while still maintaining the general idea of what makes an IPA taste distinctive from other beer styles. Notch, Sierra Nevada, Captain Lawrence, Ballast Point and Lagunitas are all pretty widely available and all make great session IPAs.

e: for the record that Rogue 4-Hop is not very good and I only bought it because it was on sale, IMO Rogue is one of the most overhyped craft breweries

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Session IPAs are a good start for people who tried "Random XXXTRA HOPPY QUINTUPLE IPA" and were turned off by the extreme hoppiness/bitterness. They tend to be less in-your-face than the average IPA while still maintaining the general idea of what makes an IPA taste distinctive from other beer styles. Notch, Sierra Nevada, Captain Lawrence, Ballast Point and Lagunitas are all pretty widely available and all make great session IPAs.

I also found New Belgium's Slow Ride to be quite accessible to people turned off by IPAs
Ive heard the most good things about BP's even keel, but have yet to try it.

If someone likes a good malt backbone with their beer, though, they will not get it with a session IPA

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Here's my current fridge situation :dance:

Enjoy by tops my all-time beer rankings. It helps that I have a stone tasting room in my town, so it's super-fresh

Rampant's pretty great because its 8.6% alcohol and like $9 a six pack

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Drunk Nerds posted:

Enjoy by tops my all-time beer rankings. It helps that I have a stone tasting room in my town, so it's super-fresh

Yeah rampant is one of my gotos for that very reason, strong, tasty, and reasonably priced. It's like 8ish for a 6er at my winco.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I also found New Belgium's Slow Ride to be quite accessible to people turned off by IPAs
Ive heard the most good things about BP's even keel, but have yet to try it.

If someone likes a good malt backbone with their beer, though, they will not get it with a session IPA

True. I haven't had the Slow Ride; New Belgium just started distributing around me, the Rampant, Ranger and Citradelic are all awesome. IMO the Fat Tire is overrated.

Also, IMO a good fruity IPA is a solid intro since they lend themselves really well to certain fruit flavors. Ballast Point's Grapefruit Sculpin, New Belgium's Citradelic, and Flying Dog's Tropical Bitch are good examples.

Drunk Nerds posted:

The Enjoy Bys are hit-or-miss for me. I've had a few of the regular IPAs and they were solid, that Tangerine IPA in my fridge is pretty average though. I have a bottle of the Enjoy After 4/20/17 in a cabinet; I want to age it til then, but I'm thinking of buying another one and cracking it now because Stone Brewing and brettanomyces is a combination I'm extremely interested in trying. Apparently they've been doing Brett IPAs for a while now, but this is the first one I've seen. I'm obsessed with sours and wilds, so I'm excited to try it.

Are you in CA? What do you think of the Vertical Epics? I've only had 3 or 4 of them but the original 07/07/07 remains one of the most delicious beers I've ever had :swoon:

Also I'm in a constant cycle of keeping/displaying empty bottles and throwing them out, but for some reason Stone and Dogfish Head bottles have stayed with me since like college haha

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 7, 2016

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Drunk Nerds posted:

Mosaic IPA is pretty much this with nicer flavor, imho

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

True. I haven't had the Slow Ride; New Belgium just started distributing around me, the Rampant, Ranger and Citradelic are all awesome. IMO the Fat Tire is overrated.

Also, IMO a good fruity IPA is a solid intro since they lend themselves really well to certain fruit flavors. Ballast Point's Grapefruit Sculpin, New Belgium's Citradelic, and Flying Dog's Tropical Bitch are good examples.

The Enjoy Bys are hit-or-miss for me. I've had a few of the regular IPAs and they were solid, that Tangerine IPA in my fridge is pretty average though. I have a bottle of the Enjoy After 4/20/17 in a cabinet; I want to age it til then, but I'm thinking of buying another one and cracking it now because Stone Brewing and brettanomyces is a combination I'm extremely interested in trying. Apparently they've been doing Brett IPAs for a while now, but this is the first one I've seen. I'm obsessed with sours and wilds, so I'm excited to try it.

Are you in CA? What do you think of the Vertical Epics? I've only had 3 or 4 of them but the original 07/07/07 remains one of the most delicious beers I've ever had :swoon:

Also I'm in a constant cycle of keeping/displaying empty bottles and throwing them out, but for some reason Stone and Dogfish Head bottles have stayed with me since like college haha

Awww it's tangerine? That pisses me off. I have a huge pet peeve for companies adding flavors to already-great IPAs, especially if those flavors were already available in a hop variety; Ballast Point is the worst at this.

According to my beer log, I've never had a vertical epic. Weird, because I usually go to stone and try every IPA they have, so maybe I just didn't write it down/score it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Who makes that, because there are a lot of beers called "Mosaic IPA." I know Saint Archer makes a good one, but it's like $8 a bomber.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm right at that fun point in learning and understanding beer where I'm starting to be able to appreciate different types of hops. Long Trail did a limited run of single-hop Mosaic IPA and it was loving incredible. I'm finding that I'm really into Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy hops.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Awww it's tangerine? That pisses me off. I have a huge pet peeve for companies adding flavors to already-great IPAs, especially if those flavors were already available in a hop variety; Ballast Point is the worst at this.

According to my beer log, I've never had a vertical epic. Weird, because I usually go to stone and try every IPA they have, so maybe I just didn't write it down/score it.

It is but it's really muted; don't expect a Grapefruit Sculpin or something like that.

I actually really love the Grapefruit Sculpin, but I get what you're saying as far as adding fruit flavors to IPAs that are already good at expressing those flavors on their own. It's why I haven't tried the Pineapple Sculpin. Thankfully the Habanero Sculpin was wacky enough to justify the cost (it's definitely interesting. It's one of those "really good but I wouldn't drink more than one per session" beers. Pairs EXTREMELY well with aged Cheddar (gotta get those lactic acid crystals brah)).

The Vertical Epics are Belgian Strongs, not IPAs, so if you stick to only their IPAs you might have missed them. They did one every year from 2002 to 2012; I know they re-release them now but I don't know if there's a set schedule (IIRC I saw the 09/09/09 re-released recently, but Stone's release calendar says the 02/02/02 is being re-released this coming July so who knows.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 7, 2016

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Drunk Nerds posted:

Who makes that, because there are a lot of beers called "Mosaic IPA." I know Saint Archer makes a good one, but it's like $8 a bomber.

Community Beer, in Dallas

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Fruit beers suckkkkkkkk.

If someone I knew was trying to get into ipas I'd recommend sessions or just starting with pale ales (deschutes mirror pond is great) and then going for some of the milder ones like lagunitas, deschutes inversion, etc. Pales are really mild but have a similar flavor profile so if you find yourself liking them then mild ipas should taste pretty good and so on.

Honestly though I think you'll just end up liking them without trying if you're the type to pick out stuff you haven't had before, once you drink enough beer you just sorta tune out the bitter notes and focus on the stuff you like, same with coffee really. If you don't drink much at all they'll feel perpetually unapproachable, if you drink a lot other stuff will just start feeling much more mild.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 7, 2016

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

ArbitraryC posted:

Fruit beers suckkkkkkkk.

F youuuuuuuuuu

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Fruit beers suckkkkkkkk.

If someone I knew was trying to get into ipas I'd recommend sessions or just starting with pale ales (deschutes mirror pond is great) and then going for some of the milder ones like lagunitas, deschutes inversion, etc. Pales are really mild but have a similar flavor profile so if you find yourself liking them then mild ipas should taste pretty good and so on.

I think "fruit beer" is waaaaay too broad of a classification to make such a blanket statement. Lambics are great dessert beers, fruity IPAs can be excellent as long as the fruit isn't overpowering. I'll agree that adding fruit flavor is the easiest way to mask a lovely beer, and a lot of breweries tend to abuse it (Harpoon and Leinenkugel are pretty egregious offenders in that regard). Also, my biggest revelation with sours/wilds was that the best taste comes from the sourness/funkiness of the yeasts, and not the typical cherry/sour fruit flavor associated with Rodenbach and the like (which is why despite my love for those kinds of beers, lately I've been gravitating much more towards Goses and wild ales over Flemish Reds, since those tend to be overpoweringly cherry-flavored). I do think that there's a time and place for fruity beers, though, but like any style of beer, there are great fruit beers and there are awful fruit beers.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 7, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
drunk asian neighbor you seem very sophisticated, you probably like formula 1 and soccer as well

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I'm right at that fun point in learning and understanding beer where I'm starting to be able to appreciate different types of hops. Long Trail did a limited run of single-hop Mosaic IPA and it was loving incredible. I'm finding that I'm really into Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy hops.

Brewing is fun because i can try out all the hops with Smash beers (Single malt, single hop). Citra is overwhelmingly the most recommended hop I see, but man I do not like it. I like every other hop Ive tried, so far: Mosaic, amarillo, el dorado, the 3/4 C's, simcoe... so I don't know why I don't like Citra. Too.. lemony for me.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

If you are talking accessible entryway ipas or pale ales in general, citrus type poo poo is the way to go. Southern Tier has a nice citra hopped pale ale - their brews aren't as complex as others but they are very drinkable.

Fake edit: haha good timing to mention citra hops

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

drunk asian neighbor you seem very sophisticated, you probably like formula 1 and soccer as well

Other people have been talking about beer for the past few pages. I don't know if you chose me because I was one of the first people to start yapping about fancy hipster beer, or if what I'm saying really offends you that much, but either way you can go gently caress yourself.

Also:
DON'T LISTEN TO ME. DON'T ARGUE WITH ME. DON'T GIVE MY POSTS THE TIME OF DAY.
I AM AN ENDLESS VOID OF BAD OPINIONS

rio posted:

If you are talking accessible entryway ipas or pale ales in general, citrus type poo poo is the way to go. Southern Tier has a nice citra hopped pale ale - their brews aren't as complex as others but they are very drinkable.

Fake edit: haha good timing to mention citra hops

Southern Tier is a weird one because I absolutely love 3 of their beers (2X IPA, Choklat and Gemini), but every single other beer of theirs I've had has ranged from meh to awful.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 7, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I think "fruit beer" is waaaaay too broad of a classification to make such a blanket statement. Lambics are great dessert beers, fruity IPAs can be excellent as long as the fruit isn't overpowering. I'll agree that adding fruit flavor is the easiest way to mask a lovely beer, and a lot of breweries tend to abuse it (Harpoon and Leinenkugel are pretty egregious offenders in that regard). Also, my biggest revelation with sours/wilds was that the best taste comes from the sourness/funkiness of the yeasts, and not the typical cherry/sour fruit flavor associated with Rodenbach and the like (which is why despite my love for those kinds of beers, lately I've been gravitating much more towards Goses and wild ales over Flemish Reds, since those tend to be overpoweringly cherry-flavored). I do think that there's a time and place for fruity beers, though, but like any style of beer, there are great fruit beers and there are awful fruit beers.

I mean you do you boo it's not like ima slap it out of your hand but if I want something fruity I'll drink wine. I've had the occasional citrus beer that i would describe as not bad but overall it's just a genre of beers that isn't for me. I have a special brews place I hit frequently and the growler fillers there are always like 'hey arb try this watermelon beer we just got' and I'm like sure but I'm just never a fan. for a desert beer I'd just have a stout or something.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I love shiner, and am currently drinking one right now. But I didn't really like the prickly pear beer.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
FYI. Pro-tier IPA:
Barrier Money IPA

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean you do you boo it's not like ima slap it out of your hand but if I want something fruity I'll drink wine. I've had the occasional citrus beer that i would describe as not bad but overall it's just a genre of beers that isn't for me. I have a special brews place I hit frequently and the growler fillers there are always like 'hey arb try this watermelon beer we just got' and I'm like sure but I'm just never a fan. for a desert beer I'd just have a stout or something.

Fair enough. I absolutely agree that it's really easy to overdo it with fruit, and also IMO there are certain fruits that absolutely do not belong in beer. I love 21st Amendment but ugh, the Hell or High Watermelon is gross as hell. Most of Abita's beers are equally sickly sweet. It's like what Drunk Nerds said about certain hops having their own innate fruity flavors. It's a fine line that's really easy to cross.
I'm also probably kind of biased - I used fruity IPAs and fruity sours to ease myself into fancy beers after spending my college years drinking stuff like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, Harpoon Raspberry UFO and Leinenkugel Summer Wheat :barf:

Stouts have been a pretty bad offender lately too. I'm all for a good coffee or oatmeal stout but jesus, some of these beers are like drinking an alcoholic Frappucino.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 7, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SweetKarma posted:

"I'm getting notes of honey and sweet cherry". No you're not, you're a douche. Just drink it and quit being a loving weirdo.

I like you. Going back to page 4 to continue reading.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Stouts have been a pretty bad offender lately too. I'm all for a good coffee or oatmeal stout but jesus, some of these beers are like drinking an alcoholic Frappucino.

I've found that the closer any stout is to room temp, the less it tastes like an alcoholic coffee mess. I know they're supposed to be like 55 degrees or whatever, but I really don't like them cool at all

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Other people have been talking about beer for the past few pages. I don't know if you chose me because I was one of the first people to start yapping about fancy hipster beer, or if what I'm saying really offends you that much, but either way you can go gently caress yourself.

yes you were the ringleader of turning this good thread about how dumb beer with twigs in it sucks into a bad thread about pretending to enjoy twigs in your beer because your life is empty

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Internaut! posted:

craft brewers are discovering that while anyone can make a sludge brown vanilla raspberry smoked oatmeal stout in their bathtub, making a pristine lager is an entirely different tier of brewing challenge which the big beer companies meet effortlessly every day, by the megalitre

I went to a brew house and asked this at an open forum, yeah those guys are good was the response to why does one of your batches taste worse than the other. Bitch beer

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've found that the closer any stout is to room temp, the less it tastes like an alcoholic coffee mess. I know they're supposed to be like 55 degrees or whatever, but I really don't like them cool at all

I agree. I also think the "optimal" temperature range is bullshit. Sometimes I like my IPAs super-cold, sometimes I'll drink them after 20 minutes in the fridge. Stouts in particular are delicious at higher temperatures.

Also, on the subject of Stouts, gently caress Guinness. Not only is their flagship beer not very good, but all their other varieties are awful (The Nitro IPA is bland as gently caress, the Blonde is just generally terrible, and I've always hated Harp). At least the Black Lager and Foreign Extra Stout are inoffensive. The Blonde is so terrible it's not even listed on their Wikipedia page :V

IMO for mass-market Irish stouts it's O'Haras>Murphy's>>>Guiness

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

yes you were the ringleader of turning this good thread about how dumb beer with twigs in it sucks into a bad thread about pretending to enjoy twigs in your beer because your life is empty
DON'T LISTEN TO ME. DON'T ARGUE WITH ME. DON'T GIVE MY POSTS THE TIME OF DAY.
I AM AN ENDLESS VOID OF BAD OPINIONS

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AKA Pseudonym posted:

You've really got to admire how marketers have convinced some people that limiting themselves to the cheese pizza and chicken strips of beer makes them unfinicky.

Sorry guys but you're drinking from the children's menu.

How's that new fedora fit?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

AugmentedVision posted:

It's almost like people who are adults like adult tasting things like coffee or cheese or beer that is not bland

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

64 ounces, so 8 less than a regular 6-pack. Growlers are usually cheaper overall (you pay the deposit on the glass or you can bring your own and save even more), and if you get tired of em you can usually bring the empty back and get your deposit back. It's nice because you're basically getting the beer on draft, so it's a lot fresher than a 6-pack.
They're also great for tiny startup breweries - a lot of them don't have the infrastructure for bottling/canning and distribution; often you'll find really great breweries that are only available on tap at local bars. The popularity of growlers makes local retail distribution as easy as bar distribution - the customer brings their own container, the supermarket or whatever has its own draft setup, and all you do is deliver a keg or 2 to the local sellers, something that can basically be done by 2 people and a van.

e: I guess they're way more environmentally-conscious too but who cares about that :barf:

Your that guy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

Your that guy

PROBATION 04/25/16 03:53pm Darth123123 Threadshitting. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. slap me silly slap me silly
PROBATION 07/21/15 06:54pm Darth123123 User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. tumor looking batty tumor looking batty
PROBATION 12/03/14 03:58am Darth123123 Not mod feedback. there's a thread for this. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Ralp Ralp
PROBATION 08/10/14 10:05pm Darth123123 I'm assuming that this is a c/p from some horrible comment section. If you are going to do this, please stick it in quote tags. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hand Knit XyloJW
PROBATION 08/10/13 01:12pm Darth123123 He *is* a moron, but your posts still need more content than that. Also, "you're". User loses posting privileges for 12 hours. Senior Woodchuck The Finn
PROBATION 07/05/13 07:01am Darth123123 This was an actually bad, really bad, post. You should stop making posts entirely. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Downtown Abey The Finn
PROBATION 05/13/13 08:55pm Darth123123 You're not even in GBS, and yet you still made a "hivemind" post. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 02/21/13 01:07pm Darth123123 Nice contribution. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Dr Snofeld Dr Snofeld
PROBATION 02/03/13 10:21am Darth123123 More self-righteous threadshitting. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Senior Woodchuck Fistgrrl
PROBATION 12/06/12 09:35pm Darth123123 GUN CONTROL. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Debbie Metallica Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 09/19/12 10:44am Darth123123 What the hell was that? User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Senior Woodchuck elpintogrande
PROBATION 05/09/12 10:45pm Darth123123 Stop posting like an idiot! User loses posting privileges for 1 month. Downtown Abey Fistgrrl
PROBATION 04/27/12 08:31pm Darth123123 Low effort, worthless post. Again. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Downtown Abey Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 04/15/12 02:01pm Darth123123 Have *you* had anything to drink tonight? User loses posting privileges for 12 hours. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 10/25/11 11:00pm Darth123123 Worthless post. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 04/10/11 03:08pm Darth123123 poo poo post. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 11/22/10 03:34pm Darth123123 Low content post. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

e: lmao you've been probated for your/you're before so you're (see what I did there) either legit dumb enough to still confuse the two or committed enough to pretending you're dumb enough to still be confusing the two, either way you're a worthless poster :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 7, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

It is but it's really muted; don't expect a Grapefruit Sculpin or something like that.

I actually really love the Grapefruit Sculpin, but I get what you're saying as far as adding fruit flavors to IPAs that are already good at expressing those flavors on their own. It's why I haven't tried the Pineapple Sculpin. Thankfully the Habanero Sculpin was wacky enough to justify the cost (it's definitely interesting. It's one of those "really good but I wouldn't drink more than one per session" beers. Pairs EXTREMELY well with aged Cheddar (gotta get those lactic acid crystals brah)).

The Vertical Epics are Belgian Strongs, not IPAs, so if you stick to only their IPAs you might have missed them. They did one every year from 2002 to 2012; I know they re-release them now but I don't know if there's a set schedule (IIRC I saw the 09/09/09 re-released recently, but Stone's release calendar says the 02/02/02 is being re-released this coming July so who knows.

Loll

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I've had beers with grapefruit and lemon being a major flavor and I love them.

gently caress you anyone whom says differently.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PROBATION 04/25/16 03:53pm Darth123123 Threadshitting. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. slap me silly slap me silly
PROBATION 07/21/15 06:54pm Darth123123 User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. tumor looking batty tumor looking batty
PROBATION 12/03/14 03:58am Darth123123 Not mod feedback. there's a thread for this. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Ralp Ralp
PROBATION 08/10/14 10:05pm Darth123123 I'm assuming that this is a c/p from some horrible comment section. If you are going to do this, please stick it in quote tags. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hand Knit XyloJW
PROBATION 08/10/13 01:12pm Darth123123 He *is* a moron, but your posts still need more content than that. Also, "you're". User loses posting privileges for 12 hours. Senior Woodchuck The Finn
PROBATION 07/05/13 07:01am Darth123123 This was an actually bad, really bad, post. You should stop making posts entirely. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Downtown Abey The Finn
PROBATION 05/13/13 08:55pm Darth123123 You're not even in GBS, and yet you still made a "hivemind" post. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 02/21/13 01:07pm Darth123123 Nice contribution. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Dr Snofeld Dr Snofeld
PROBATION 02/03/13 10:21am Darth123123 More self-righteous threadshitting. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Senior Woodchuck Fistgrrl
PROBATION 12/06/12 09:35pm Darth123123 GUN CONTROL. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Debbie Metallica Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 09/19/12 10:44am Darth123123 What the hell was that? User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Senior Woodchuck elpintogrande
PROBATION 05/09/12 10:45pm Darth123123 Stop posting like an idiot! User loses posting privileges for 1 month. Downtown Abey Fistgrrl
PROBATION 04/27/12 08:31pm Darth123123 Low effort, worthless post. Again. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Downtown Abey Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 04/15/12 02:01pm Darth123123 Have *you* had anything to drink tonight? User loses posting privileges for 12 hours. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 10/25/11 11:00pm Darth123123 Worthless post. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 04/10/11 03:08pm Darth123123 poo poo post. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Senior Woodchuck Debbie Metallica
PROBATION 11/22/10 03:34pm Darth123123 Low content post. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

e: lmao you've been probated for your/you're before so you're (see what I did there) either legit dumb enough to still confuse the two or committed enough to pretending you're dumb enough to still be confusing the two, either way you're a worthless poster :shrug:

Impressed? Sips a bud light. So how bot those mosaic hops growing this year in eastern penesslvania?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

Impressed? Sips a bud light. So how bot those mosaic hops growing this year in eastern penesslvania?

haha you're so edgy and funny. "lol you're talking about beer in a thread about beer haha you're so lame, also I intentionally misspell things because I'm an internet superstar loving lmao"

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

I just find that doubtful if you actually like the flavor profile of beer in general. Domestics certainly have their place and I'd call out anyone who said they were "piss water" as a pretentious snob but at the end of the day the major breweries spent a lot of money on making them as inoffensive as possible and that's why people more into beer find them a bit bland or boring. If you genuinely don't like any of the wide range of micros available you simply haven't given them a legitimate shot or don't really like the taste of beer. It'd be like someone saying they only eat kraft singles and find all other cheeses bad.

You can find it doubtful all you want, bud. It's really not complicated. I try lots of beers. I have yet to drink a craft beer that makes me want to replace my go-to yuengling. You'll notice that the only beers I've called actually bad tasting in this thread are IPAs and PBR. But none of them that I've had have been so amazing that I'm gonna switch over from my YL.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Oh hey you say you don't like IPAs? Well you obviously haven't tried the one that actually tastes good idiot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

haha you're so edgy and funny. "lol you're talking about beer in a thread about beer haha you're so lame, also I intentionally misspell things because I'm an internet superstar loving lmao"

I'm sorry I upset you.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Cool_tony posted:

Oh hey you say you don't like IPAs? Well you obviously haven't tried the one that actually tastes good idiot

Or it's just a type of beer I don't like the taste of.

Also don't sign your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Op said it best.

• Locked thread