Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Which crying tv indian was played by some italian dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The land of the free

and the home

of the brave

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
That feeling when you just sit around on public transport wearing your favourite star wars t-shirt, slowly eating your way through a tub of mayo with a spoon.

e pluribus nomnom

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

everything about this is perfect, every last pixel

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

The Bananana posted:

because theyre addicts.

I'm not saying we shouldn't, I'm just answering your question

There's some psychological reasons for it but let's not equate stress eating and depression induced lethargy to literal chemical dependence and withdrawal. No obese person is going to experience grand mal seizures or pain hypersensitivity over a missed meal. Comparing them at all just enables the behaviour by removing people's agency. It's a misguided attempt to protect ego at the expense of personal growth.

tldr nobody is sucking dick and living under a bridge to upsize their pepsi, and they definitely ain't cooking it for intravenous use.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
If USA ever establishes anti-shitfood laws I am instantly becoming a bacon smuggler. Gonna make CIA and their drugs like pure amateurs.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lunixnerd posted:

Your american politics right now:
You mean the coming race of

vs.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
lol i can never get over how dumb and fat the average american is

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

we're the 11th fattest nation, suck it chump

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Smash it Smash hit posted:

we're the 11th fattest nation, suck it chump

fat bitch detected enjoy ur happy meal

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXFDiWgRlfc

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

fat bitch detected enjoy ur happy meal

lol you dont eat a happy meal if youre fat look at this moron

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

I often wonder how 700lbs people are even possible, I eat poo poo and hardly ever move and I'm just about pushing 24% body fat, there is something to be admired about a person that sits down and with full meaning and forethought shovels food into their face and pushes through the pain and nausea to continue shoveling food into their faces long after everyone else has given up. True american tenacity on display.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You right now (in walmart)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Lunixnerd posted:

I often wonder how 700lbs people are even possible, I eat poo poo and hardly ever move and I'm just about pushing 24% body fat, there is something to be admired about a person that sits down and with full meaning and forethought shovels food into their face and pushes through the pain and nausea to continue shoveling food into their faces long after everyone else has given up. True american tenacity on display.

yeah i am more amazed that an idiot would think someone gets obese by eating a loving happy meal. what kinda pathetic shut in do you have to be to have 470 calories make you lard up?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Rasmussen posted:

You right now (in walmart)

this guys not even fat, are you guys even trying? :(

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Finally, you've found a whole nation of people who are like you!

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Look if your order at McDonalds doesn't make the 67 year old Vietnam vet behind the counter recoil in horror and disgust then I just don't know what to tell you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

yeah i am more amazed that an idiot would think someone gets obese by eating a loving happy meal. what kinda pathetic shut in do you have to be to have 470 calories make you lard up?

Must be a 5'4" manlet

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Booblord Zagats posted:

Must be a 5'4" manlet

you fuckin know it, pshhht

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Must be a 5'4" manlet

Say that to my face not online, I'll punch you in your comically oversized boobs!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Champenema posted:

You should post that poo poo in FYAD, because they care alot there

don't be mad because europe is being overrun

that's not our fault

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

adult human beings often buy multiple happy meals in order to get all the different toys. might as well eat them

welcome to america

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good thing she has that small bit of fabric there between her cheeks, otherwise her outfit might be pretty revealing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Bananana posted:

because theyre addicts.

so 68% of your population are addicts now? kind of makes the word lose all meaning, bud

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

The Bananana posted:

because theyre addicts.

no, its because there are a ton of fat people. Once any group of people becomes a significant portion of the population it becomes wrong to ridicule them regardless of any moral reasoning for or against it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The Bananana posted:

because theyre addicts.

Addicts are dumb too. "I lack the basic self control to stop doing things that are bad at me, but somehow its not my fault"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think addiction and having a large part of your population being addicted are mutually exclusive?

Like when that planet in Star Trek was selling drugs to the other planet under the guise of it being medicine for their 'disease' (the disease being withdrawal lol) - they're still addicts even if 100% of the population is addicted.

quote:

no, its because there are a ton of fat people. Once any group of people becomes a significant portion of the population it becomes wrong to ridicule them regardless of any moral reasoning for or against it

this is a weird stance. either it's wrong to ridicule people or it isn't. This seems like 'don't ridicule those in the majority in case they gently caress with you.'

coward

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe your population is just ignorant when it comes to health issues, instead of addicts

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe.

Also basically all the food produced has increasing amounts of sugars and other super bad for you poo poo and produces super calorie dense foods that don't fill you up so you eat a small packet of chips and suddenly that's 2/3rds of your daily required energy intake.

Sugar is addictive, it even produces withdrawal. Companies are using more and more of it in their foods to make them palatable and make you want to eat it more. :shrug:

It's not like the West is getting fat across the board because this generation more so than any others is lazy and lacking of self control. Suddenly this generation has a great onus to be health conscious lest they balloon up though.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Maybe your population is just ignorant when it comes to health issues, instead of addicts :smug:

fixed that 4 u

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think addiction and having a large part of your population being addicted are mutually exclusive?

Like when that planet in Star Trek was selling drugs to the other planet under the guise of it being medicine for their 'disease' (the disease being withdrawal lol) - they're still addicts even if 100% of the population is addicted.

this is a weird stance. either it's wrong to ridicule people or it isn't. This seems like 'don't ridicule those in the majority in case they gently caress with you.'

coward

it has little to do with right or wrong, its just that the opinion of a large group of people holds more value than a small group of people. right or wrong is a separate issue entirely, like its probably wrong to habitually make fun of fat people but I dont care, however the consequences I might face from openly making fun of fatties will have almost nothing to do with the morality of it, its because people dont like being made fun of. however, people as a whole will accept ridicule if they generally feel more shame about it rather than less shame, so if the environment (in this case, lots of fat people) fosters a general air of acceptance then they will much more openly defend themselves against fat shaming

this sort of attitude starts to compound when you combine the fact that a lot of fat people do feel shame but double down on their stance on fat bashing since it alleviates some of the shame (its not your fault!!!!!), but they can only do that because of general acceptance of it we find ourselves in because of the high % of people in question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
has there been a thread about trigglypuff and that whole speech event with the sjw screamers

if there was i missed it

for anyone else who missed it

This event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCcp36n2cDg

Was heckled by SJW's the whole time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1H1rZL53I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE

The screaming waving baby arms fat chick has been meme'd as trigglypuff

• Locked thread