Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Sounding like the Misfits are reuniting at Riot Fest. Who knows what the lineup is going to be though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Djarum posted:

Sounding like the Misfits are reuniting at Riot Fest. Who knows what the lineup is going to be though.

I thought they were already touring in some form? Or does this mean with Danzig?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought they were already touring in some form? Or does this mean with Danzig?

With Danzig, looks like: http://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/the-original-lineup-of-the-misfits-will-reunite-at-riot-fest-051116

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is crazy news.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bear vs Shark just added a second NYC show at Market Hotel and I have a ticket and I am pumped.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Vintersorg posted:

This is crazy news.

Let's hope they do it proper with the entire Walk Among Us lineup....

Glenn Danzig (vocals)
Jerry Only (bass)
Doyle (guitar)
Arthur Googy (drums)

Paging Arthur Googy to the Lodi New Jersey area... paging Arthur Googy...

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
they're doing it because they're legally obligated as part of the ongoing lawsuits between glenn and jerry so i'm sure they'll be fantastic shows

https://jgtwo.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/the-misfits-almost-settled-their-latest-lawsuit-with-a-reunion/

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

stay depressed posted:

they're doing it because they're legally obligated as part of the ongoing lawsuits between glenn and jerry so i'm sure they'll be fantastic shows

https://jgtwo.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/the-misfits-almost-settled-their-latest-lawsuit-with-a-reunion/

This is a shame....

Didn't Danzig gently caress up a re-union gig between Graves,Doyle and Chud a few years back when they supported him at a gig? I think it was Doyle's band playing and Graves was in town so came up to do a few Misfits tracks from his era and it was cut short.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

misfits only had like one or two good songs anyway.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Toe Rag posted:

walk among us is real good

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Toe Rag posted:

what the gently caress

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
If you don't like Static Age no one needs to hear your loving opinions about punk rock

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Toe Rag posted:

<punk band/> only had like one or two good songs anyway.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
just realised holy ghost came out the week of pentecost

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

There is no way that this will turn out positive. Unless we witness 60 year old men fighting on stage.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm not saying it would be good but if Danzig Misfits came around Boston yeah I'd totally go.

I'm seeing 108 this Friday though, that'll almost certainly be rad as hell.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ras Het posted:

If you don't like Static Age no one needs to hear your loving opinions about punk rock

bullet is basically one of the best songs ever

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Full stream of Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate is up, and it's unsurprisingly really loving good. Such a fun group of guys from around here, and I am stoked to see them at 7th Street on Friday. Check the link!

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/tiny-moving-parts-celebrate-album-stream

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Laura Jane Grace burned her birth certificate on stage during a show in North Carolina. That's pretty punk if you ask me.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
dramatic symbolic gestures that change nothing are the definition of punk

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
I saw Against Me when they were headlining for Joyce Manor last year. As they started playing I was paralyzed between a (probably misplaced) feeling of responsibility to demonstrate solidarity with Laura Jane Grace and the urge to bolt out the door away from the boring Cali rock band.

that's my against me story

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
New PUP record streaming here http://www.npr.org/2016/05/19/47792...ontent=20160519 from the first listen I'm gonna say its very good.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Against me/nofx kinda paved the way for mtv/warped tour so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

StoneOfShame posted:

New PUP record streaming here http://www.npr.org/2016/05/19/47792...ontent=20160519 from the first listen I'm gonna say its very good.

I am really digging on "Can't Win" especially.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Inspector_666 posted:

I am really digging on "Can't Win" especially.

Yeah the last three tracks are great and I think DVP is gonna be stuck in my head for weeks.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Gabbleduck posted:

I saw Against Me when they were headlining for Joyce Manor last year. As they started playing I was paralyzed between a (probably misplaced) feeling of responsibility to demonstrate solidarity with Laura Jane Grace and the urge to bolt out the door away from the boring Cali rock band.

LJG rules and so does Joyce Manor.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

StoneOfShame posted:

Yeah the last three tracks are great and I think DVP is gonna be stuck in my head for weeks.

DVP has been in very regular rotation for me since they first dropped it the other month. So drat good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The new pup album is great. So is the new head wound city.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

stay depressed posted:

dramatic symbolic gestures that change nothing are the definition of punk

Gabbleduck posted:

These two posts are perfect. Saw AM! two weeks ago and will definitely be the last time I ever see them. Boring, cheesey "dad" punk and the played only 2 older songs. It sucked. And the birth certificate burning, great really showed them - now you have to wait in a governmnet building for 4 hours to renew your passport. Nice move.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Against me are good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Smash it Smash hit posted:

These two posts are perfect. Saw AM! two weeks ago and will definitely be the last time I ever see them. Boring, cheesey "dad" punk and the played only 2 older songs. It sucked. And the birth certificate burning, great really showed them - now you have to wait in a governmnet building for 4 hours to renew your passport. Nice move.

To renew your passport you just send them the old one. Sheesh, get with the program man.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The final Weekend Nachos album is only alright. The last song of their career is basically a 10-minute breakdown, which is disappointing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i don't think the birth certificate thing was showing anybody anything, it was probably a symbolic thing where she destroys this document saying she was assigned male at birth but hey that's just me not being a chode

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Yeah if you don't see how symbolic the birth certificate burning thing is than I just don't know what to tell you

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Not arguing it isn't symbolic, obviously it is. I'm not convinced LJG's identity is important to anyone else besides her.

Actually, what about the other aspects of her identity? The social freedom she enjoys is due to the economic freedom from her successful career. This is the same person who rejected any of her earlier radical (economic/anarchist) politics, right

Not for one second am I suggesting that against me are sell outs or any kind of moral argument like that, I don't give a poo poo. They grew up and stopped believing in those songs. That's fine.

I just don't give a hot drat about the Laura Jane Grace show and really don't think it's important culturally. If anything the more important story isn't about one person's self discovery, it's who can be free in capitalism.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
also the music is boring

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Literally The Worst posted:

i don't think the birth certificate thing was showing anybody anything, it was probably a symbolic thing where she destroys this document saying she was assigned male at birth but hey that's just me not being a chode

i dunno its all symbolic, she could have donated all the proceeds to that show and other shows to the people fighting HB2 on the ground, I know they are struggling for money and support there. There are alot of grassroots organizations in NC trying to get enough people and resources to combat the bill and while burning a piece of paper is cool, helping them actually defeat it would have been cooler.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Gabbleduck posted:

Not arguing it isn't symbolic, obviously it is. I'm not convinced LJG's identity is important to anyone else besides her.

Actually, what about the other aspects of her identity? The social freedom she enjoys is due to the economic freedom from her successful career. This is the same person who rejected any of her earlier radical (economic/anarchist) politics, right

Not for one second am I suggesting that against me are sell outs or any kind of moral argument like that, I don't give a poo poo. They grew up and stopped believing in those songs. That's fine.

I just don't give a hot drat about the Laura Jane Grace show and really don't think it's important culturally. If anything the more important story isn't about one person's self discovery, it's who can be free in capitalism.

Cool

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

108 were extremely good on Friday night and Ascend/Descend & Sweet Jesus were very good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
*drifts by on a skateboard* identity politics are the most important poliiiticccss innnn puunnnkkk rooockkkk