Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't believe it until there's actually an official confirmation from somewhere, sorry.

Apparently anonymous unnamed sources that originate from gaming sites that have a history of posting intentionally fake rumors passes for confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If there's a super late EU version that's probably gonna be PS4 only, but I'm fairly confident the US release will include the PS3 version.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I don't care enough about frame rates to upgrade my ps4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The marketing material for Persona 5 has always confirmed a PS3 version in the west and so far that hasn't changed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hubris.height posted:

I don't care enough about frame rates to upgrade my ps4

Listen here, pal, if you don't care about your frame rates then who will???

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Apparently anonymous unnamed sources that originate from gaming sites that have a history of posting intentionally fake rumors passes for confirmed.

Since when is Giant bomb untrustworthy?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I beat Do4m and it was alright, not worth 60 dollars but you probably should pick it up for 30-ish like i did. It got a little repetitive near the end because the last level or two are just a bunch of big arenas that they filter you into through 1x1 hallways full of a complete restock of items. In summary,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgp4LFcL0eQ

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

One bad thing about UC4 is that it's rock steady framerate has made me notice more what garbo other PS4 games fps are. :(

Like Arkham Knight?

Get it? :v:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

In Training posted:

If someone wanted to just jump into VR it would cost like almost 2 grand. It's never going to take off and thus no one will develop for it. Idk who convinced themselves it was gonna work to put so many billions of dollars and hours into it

uhh only if u want vr on a fail platform like PC. psvr unit + ps4 is cheaper thant he vive by alone.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Morpheus headset is like less than $400, but iirc it doesn't come with some other necessary piece that you need to buy separate because ~Sony~

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Morpheus headset is like less than $400, but iirc it doesn't come with some other necessary piece that you need to buy separate because ~Sony~

it doesnt come witht he move motion controllers.,, if u want the move motion controlelrs for vr then u have a whole other set of problems.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think you need the camera too. Sony found how they finally get rid of those Move controllers that no one bought.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
oh yeah u need the $50 camera as well, so its still cheaper than a vive without a pc. it doesnt come with the camera because the camera sould well and it lets ppl with one save money. namaste.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Great, now they just need to make VR games that aren't poo poo. I'm sure petitioning to shareholders to expend AAA-level funds developing games for a really niche market like VR will go over well.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/PorygonNews/status/731610409715781632

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad they're doing a PS3 version of P5 because it's prolly financially smart (just like Persona 4 being a PS2 game) but I really hope it doesn't gently caress up or limit the PS4 version somehow

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'm glad they're doing a PS3 version of P5 because it's prolly financially smart (just like Persona 4 being a PS2 game) but I really hope it doesn't gently caress up or limit the PS4 version somehow

It was being developed for the PS3 first and is only getting a PS4 port because it took so long.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei Hyde posted:

It was being developed for the PS3 first and is only getting a PS4 port because it took so long.

I want a persona game on current gen hardware. than kyou.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Don't worry, I am confident P6 for the PS4/PS5/PS Vita 2 will be right up your alley.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

And you are getting one, so have faith gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe Persona 6

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Persona 6 will be NX exclusive.

It will never come out in Europe and it will be region locked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dual shockers published a translation of the japanese preorder blurb from some retailer in japan:

quote:

For all RPG Fans!! The latest “Persona” Game appears!!

At long last, anyone can enjoy the latest numbered title of the “Persona” series! In this “Persona” on the stage of the contemporary Japanese cuty and at school, while experiencing familiar elements such as friendship and love, you’ll confront the mysterious rumors, urban legends and occult events of the youthful RPG series.

Boys and girls will awaken to the abilities given by the “Persona” in their hearts, and fighting against many difficulties, they will draw a story about growing up.

The big city Tokyo is the stage! Thrilling double life!

Become a young hero who was to move to a school in the big city of Tokyo, and spend a fun year! As a high school student during the day, freely enjoy the school life in the big city. Go to school, and after school go out to have fun with friends, work part time, or go on dates. How you spend every day is up to you!

Punish the evil adults! A thrilling RPG with unprecedented size!!

At night you become a thief, in order to protect the weak behind the scene of the big city!? In the world of the warped minds of the evil adults, the “palace,” which is a distortion of the real world, steal the “treasure,” and redeem them!

The world of the heart “palace” awaits the thief in diverse forms like an old castle built by the greed of its lord, a museum of fine arts or even a pyramid. There will be also a variety of gimmicks, and enemies in disguise to deceive the eye. As the mysterious phantom thief dive into the vivid action!

There will be laughter, there will be tears. This youthful cloak and dagger adventure will finally begin!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Japanese cuty and at school

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

or even a pyramid - like they aren't sure if there is one

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

Listen here, pal, if you don't care about your frame rates then who will???

in a perfect world?

nobody

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

And you are getting one, so have faith gamer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hubris.height posted:

in a perfect world?

nobody

Sure, in a perfect world every game would be atleast 144 FPS.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Andrast posted:

Sure, in a perfect world every game would be atleast 144 FPS.

Alternatively, people wouldn't be whiny pedants, which to be honest I would prefer much more

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why would a persona game need beefy hardware

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanna pet that puppy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Persona 5's graphics engine has me kind of giddy. I thought Catherine looked very slick and I am thrilled at the prospect of an entire Persona game with such dynamic visual flair. We're at a point with graphics where simply being of a high resolution isn't enough; art direction is more important than ever, and the SMT games have all benefitted by remembering this over the years. It allows them to produce fairly low-tech, low-budget titles without sacrificing graphical strength.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
FPS is such a weird thing. With the exception of people who honest to goodness can't tell the difference (they apparently exist) I can't imagine who would take a look at 60 FPS and not think every game should be at 60 FPS (or more) if at all possible. But since the first person that comes to mind when you think of 60 FPS is Total loving Biscuit it's become some kind of thing where you take sides on the great 60 FPS Debate as if it isn't just a given that high framerates are good.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 15, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motto posted:

why would a persona game need beefy hardware

Gotta render those highly detailed bikini textures

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HMS Boromir posted:

FPS is such a weird thing. With the exception of people who honest to goodness can't tell the difference (they apparently exist) I can't imagine who would take a look at 60 FPS and not think every game should be at 60 FPS (or more) if at all possible. But since the first person that comes to mind when you think of 60 FPS is Total loving Biscuit it's become some kind of thing where you take sides on the great 60 FPS Debate as if it isn't just a given that high framerates are good.

I value 60 FPS pretty highly but I'm fine with consistent 30 FPS (which is why I have an expensive PC). The problem is that games often don't even hit that on consoles these days

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Now that I've beaten DS3 I'm going to allow myself to start buying and starting games again.

Thread: Doom or Uncharted 4?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I watched this all the way last night as I was falling asleep, loving pro click.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HMS Boromir posted:

As long as it's not choppy, I do not care how high the framerate goes. Less than 30-ish is not good, higher than 30 is better but not necessary for my enjoyment. Surprisingly, not everyone has or should have an extremist one-sided point of view and it's pretty annoying that people like you think there is an objective correct point of view to have. If you really can't comprehend why people would feel a way other than the way you do, maybe you are part of the problem.

Steve2911 posted:

Now that I've beaten DS3 I'm going to allow myself to start buying and starting games again.

Thread: Doom or Uncharted 4?

They're both good, get Doom if you like seeing nostalgia fuel burned in good ways. Get Uncharted if you like Uncharted and want to look at the prettiest videogame that exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

As long as it's not choppy, I do not care how high the framerate goes. Less than 30-ish is not good, higher than 30 is better but not necessary for my enjoyment. Surprisingly, not everyone has or should have an extremist one-sided point of view and it's pretty annoying that people like you think there is an objective correct point of view to have. If you really can't comprehend why people would feel a way other than the way you do, maybe you are part of the problem.

I'm glad you decided to immediately illustrate my point. "Higher than 30 is better but not necessary for my enjoyment" is a perfectly fine viewpoint to have. It's also in no way the opposite viewpoint to "every game should aim for 60 FPS" at all, indeed it's even closer to it than a lot of people who don't think higher than 30 is better at all, or at least claim not to. You just place less of a priority on high FPS than other people. But since this has turned into a subject of debate for some reason, you immediately jump into a weird defensive argument as if there's some fundamental difference of opinion here and if I get my way there's someone out there who won't get theirs.

The only debate that can actually exist and makes any sense is high framerate vs higher fidelity visuals, and that's almost never what happens.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 15, 2016

• Locked thread