Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Oh hey neat you watched a different game where the Blues got outplayed at any point other than the first 10 and the last 10 minutes?

Also Rick and Morty is a dumb show for children

e: god dammit, tofes, literally posted while I was previewing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Oh hey neat you watched a different game where the Blues got outplayed at any point other than the first 10 and the last 10 minutes?

Also Rick and Morty is a dumb show for children

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/734939049811714053

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

Veskit fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 24, 2016

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Habibi posted:

e: god dammit, tofes, literally posted while I was previewing

looks like you're just a regular alex pietrangelo

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Why do I post on a cell phone

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I like how you're all replying to a guy with that red-text.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Schlesische posted:

I like how you're all replying to a guy with that red-text.

does that matter if I'm having fun doing it?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I would like the Sharks to win the Stanley Cup. Definitely the best remaining SAS fanbase and also Joe Thornton seems like a swell dude to hang out with.

Also I really like Joel Ward mainly because he made the entire city of Boston call him bad names and he just shrugged it off and said "I make millions of dollars shooting a little disc into a rectangular target while on ice." That's a winner in life IMO.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Veskit posted:

Why do I post on a cell phone

playoff posters only pls

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dang, RIP Blues. Couldn't stay out of penalty trouble, couldn't kill penalties, and hit the post a couple times in the third. Tarasenko also looked pretty much lost and defeated out there on most of his shifts, which I know isn't super fair to him since he's obviously the number one target to neutralize but it would be nice if he could overcome that and produce in game 6.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Mind_Taker posted:

I would like the Sharks to win the Stanley Cup. Definitely the best remaining SAS fanbase and also Joe Thornton seems like a swell dude to hang out with.

Also I really like Joel Ward mainly because he made the entire city of Boston call him bad names and he just shrugged it off and said "I make millions of dollars shooting a little disc into a rectangular target while on ice." That's a winner in life IMO.

Not sure if this article got posted but it's about how cool Jumbo is

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15670824/nhl-2016-stanley-cup-playoffs-get-know-san-jose-sharks-center-joe-thornton

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Joe Thornton is cool except for the time he literally killed David Perron for like 93 games lost.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
As much as I want the Sharks to win the cup this year hahahah there's no way they don't back this truck into a game 7 after Wednesday.

I mean, it's the Sharks, dudes.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Joe Thornton is cool except for the time he literally killed David Perron for like 93 games lost.

Now that he's gone I feel like everyone should kill Perron, he's kind of a bitch.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Dang, RIP Blues. Couldn't stay out of penalty trouble, couldn't kill penalties, and hit the post a couple times in the third. Tarasenko also looked pretty much lost and defeated out there on most of his shifts, which I know isn't super fair to him since he's obviously the number one target to neutralize but it would be nice if he could overcome that and produce in game 6.

They are far from done. This is seriously one of the best Blues rosters theyve ever had and have proven that they can bounce back after a bad loss at least once in each series so far.

That said I hope they lose because St.Louis fans are jerks. Except for you and bewbies. Id go watch a hockey game with you two. Even a Blues game.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

That said I hope they lose because St.Louis fans are jerks.

It gets grating to have the team get poo poo on by the entire white noise gallery the one season we dare not to collapse in 5 games.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

You know, I wouldn't mind the blues winning the cup all that much, but every blues poster but bewbies and SN64 seems to be a literal child, so go sharks.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'll be honest, I'd rather be the superpowered hatechild of Goatman Sacks and Mike V and have the Blues win than have to watch the Blues lose in depressing fashion but be the Blues poster people like. It's just often not worth it to post mean things except to diss Veskit for that one post he made before the series began.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Goatman Sacks posted:

It gets grating to have the team get poo poo on by the entire white noise gallery the one season we dare not to collapse in 5 games.

This is precious.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Brouwer made SportsCenters top 10 with his Bat Goal. Number 1 actually. So that's that.

Edit: NBA has more Canadian teams in their playoffs than the NHL has in theirs by a factor of funnysportsthings

WouldDesk fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 24, 2016

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

As much as I want the Sharks to win the cup this year hahahah there's no way they don't back this truck into a game 7 after Wednesday.

I mean, it's the Sharks, dudes.

THIS IS THE YEAR

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm still convinced the Blues are gonna come back and win the series. They've won 2 games sevens already to get to this point.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm still convinced the Blues are gonna come back and win the series. They've won 2 games sevens already to get to this point.

The first was ridiculous puck luck and the 2nd was a combined meltdown of league's two worst goalies.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
And just because it bears re-posting, Pietrangelo's "Controller Disconnected" moment from tonight:

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/734939049811714053

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

If you want another reason to cheer for the sharks, Brent burns was pretty central to some of the good John Scott stuff that happened at the ASG (some choice tweets, The Pass, The Hoist) but if you knew anything about anything you'd be cheering Burns anyway.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'll be honest, I'd rather be the superpowered hatechild of Goatman Sacks and Mike V and have the Blues win than have to watch the Blues lose in depressing fashion but be the Blues poster people like. It's just often not worth it to post mean things except to diss Veskit for that one post he made before the series began.

If it makes you feel better, the salt train of Chicago posters and the "I've never seen you cheering for them before" Pens posters have been worse.
Whoever wins in the west is the team I want winning the cup. The Blues are due, and the Sharks are just cool.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Can't say I didn't earn it. Cheers and gl on game 6

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Now officially the most successful season in Sharks history :unsmith:

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

One of my cats used to do that to the other one all the time.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I'm really happy with this Sharks team except for Polak. I'm happy the Blues scored on that PP and SJ was able to win despite it.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yes this is pretty much the worst thing Jumbo ever did

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Schlesische posted:

If it makes you feel better, the salt train of Chicago posters and the "I've never seen you cheering for them before" Pens posters have been worse.
Whoever wins in the west is the team I want winning the cup. The Blues are due, and the Sharks are just cool.

A little confused about the bolded part since most Hawks fans here were expecting to lose the series to begin with and were happy to just drag it to 7 games. I think Stars fans felt the same way. :shrug:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

A little confused about the bolded part since most Hawks fans here were expecting to lose the series to begin with and were happy to just drag it to 7 games. I think Stars fans felt the same way. :shrug:

Yeah the Blues are pretty good this year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Goatman Sacks posted:

Now that he's gone I feel like everyone should kill Perron, he's kind of a bitch.

Can confirm.

I remember thinking "Great trade! who'd we get?" when I heard Perron was finally gone and I still can't quite believe the Pens got Carl Hagelin for him

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

There have been a bunch of BHawks fans making GBS threads on the Blues just mercilessly, often for really no reason. I don't even think it's because the Blues beat them, more just because they hate the Blues.
They come across as megasalty and their posts are p bad.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Schlesische posted:

There have been a bunch of BHawks fans making GBS threads on the Blues just mercilessly, often for really no reason. I don't even think it's because the Blues beat them, more just because they hate the Blues.

Should I copy and paste this post but replace Blackhawks and Blues with Habs and Bruins?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's also really interesting that everyone keeps projecting this whole "you're so salty" thing onto BHAS.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Anyway I like to think that BHAS is full of mostly cool dudes who have just settled into not really being offensive in any way. I think a lot of that this year is thanks to all the Kane poo poo.

Really the only standout we have as far as homers go is Kevo :v:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Schlesische posted:

This is the opposite of "salty", which is about being an incredibly sore loser. The only guy I can think of in the NHL section of SAS that could be described as "megasalty" is that one LA fan

You have it correct: We (or, well, I at least) just dislike the blues a bunch in general, ain't got nothing to do with the better team winning the first round series between Chicago and St. Louis.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aurora posted:

Should I copy and paste this post but replace Blackhawks and Blues with Habs and Bruins?

Feel free; there's a heavy dose of bias in what I'm saying, but there are more BHawks fans posting in GDTs than there were Bruins fans last year.

Aurora posted:

It's also really interesting that everyone keeps projecting this whole "you're so salty" thing onto BHAS.

Aurora posted:

Anyway I like to think that BHAS is full of mostly cool dudes who have just settled into not really being offensive in any way. I think a lot of that this year is thanks to all the Kane poo poo.

By an large BHAS is one of the more chill groups. The Kane thing was bad from all sides, and the Blues hateboner is annoying to trudge through but it's still better than Mook. Or the Pens bandwagon.

GeneX posted:

This is the opposite of "salty", which is about being an incredibly sore loser. The only guy I can think of in the NHL section of SAS that could be described as "megasalty" is that one LA fan

You have it correct: We (or, well, I at least) just dislike the blues a bunch in general, ain't got nothing to do with the better team winning the first round series between Chicago and St. Louis.

If you weren't aware that BHAS hated the Blues it would come across as "they beet are teem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Schlesische posted:

If you weren't aware that BHAS hated the Blues it would come across as "they beet are teem".

Fair enough!

• Locked thread