Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
This belly ain't gonna rub isself :colbert:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cute Thread: Lazarus: Hardcore Napper

https://i.imgur.com/Cy00OGE.webm

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/14ner08/status/734348055906947073

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Stealing this from the GIF thread. Just look at him!

https://i.imgur.com/ovMVRq8.gifv

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

:catstare:

Did this cat really learn how to play a smartphone puzzle game?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
No, the owner is pretty clearly pushing the kitty leg around. Still cute though.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Inquiring minds

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cash crab posted:

Inquiring minds

Holy poo poo, my cat isn't the only one that does the "sit on a high place and tilt the head" thing???

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

CJacobs posted:

Holy poo poo, my cat isn't the only one that does the "sit on a high place and tilt the head" thing???

:kimchi: Oh, God! She's so beautiful! I love that colour pattern.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I enjoy her company, she's a real goofball.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I just want to say thanks to you guys for all of these adorable pictures. I'm going through a really rough time (extremely sudden breakup two weeks ago) and today has been especially bad. These pictures help.

In gratitude, I'm sharing my baby. Well, she lives with my parents in a different state, but she's my baby.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Having a pretty awful day/week/year but reading the old thread and this new one always cheers me up. Thought I'd finally contribute.

First up, my best friend's rescue mutt Bandit snoozing in the sun with his Ridgeback cousin Jax. Jax was somewhere around a few months old at this point while Bandit was maybe ~2 years.

This is how Jax sleeps after he became significantly larger than his cousin

And this is how Bandit naps when he wants to be away from Jax

And one of my brothers has a Husky named Neko, meaning "cat" in Japanese (his sons named her). Tried to get a picture showing how ridiculously blue her eyes are. She's the first Husky I've ever been around and holy poo poo is she smart. The way she would look me straight in the eyes when I talked to her reminded me a lot of the Malinois/GSD LE K9s I used to be around.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Cute thread! Earlier this weekend I caught (lured out from under a car) a wild (not wild) gremlin(gremlin)!

Heard a scratching at the patio that fascinated my cats, so I went for a look, only to see a sphynx cat dashing away. I didn't see a collar, but I eventually lured him into a carrier, loaded him up with treats, and got him over to the shelter, where they found he was chipped. Long story short he's back with his human again, and I got to spend a little bit of time scritching the sweetest little ball of wrinkles I done ever seen.

I'm told his name is Harry. :3:

This was not intended as any kind of boastpost; I didn't really do much of nothin' but as much as the thread enjoyed Frankie a ways back I figured more Sphynx wouldn't hurt.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Nah, you did plenty good. There are a bunch of unscrupulous "do-gooders" who'll instead keep exotic pets for themselves and never try and look for the actual owners, even though they're practically never strays. If you didn't find the guy first, who knows where Harry would have ended up, Good on ya, and good picture.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's

CapitanGarlic posted:

Cute thread! Earlier this weekend I caught (lured out from under a car) a wild (not wild) gremlin(gremlin)!

Heard a scratching at the patio that fascinated my cats, so I went for a look, only to see a sphynx cat dashing away. I didn't see a collar, but I eventually lured him into a carrier, loaded him up with treats, and got him over to the shelter, where they found he was chipped. Long story short he's back with his human again, and I got to spend a little bit of time scritching the sweetest little ball of wrinkles I done ever seen.

This was not intended as any kind of boastpost; I didn't really do much of nothin' but as much as the thread enjoyed Frankie a ways back I figured more Sphynx wouldn't hurt.

Glad he's back home now.

Honestly though, when I saw the picture I thought of that stupid comic of the alligator in a medieval cage "Behold! A Satan!"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Dogs yawning should be it's own genre of entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W6EsrcvjQA

https://vine.co/v/eli36qOxVA0

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

CapitanGarlic posted:

It's okay, you did a good thing by reuniting a kitty with his owner.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

iroc.dis posted:

Having a pretty awful day/week/year but reading the old thread and this new one always cheers me up. Thought I'd finally contribute.

First up, my best friend's rescue mutt Bandit snoozing in the sun with his Ridgeback cousin Jax. Jax was somewhere around a few months old at this point while Bandit was maybe ~2 years.

This is how Jax sleeps after he became significantly larger than his cousin

You appear to have the large version of my pupper

Mine is a rescue who, by the age of 3, had been in 5 homes and then the dogs trust for a year. Apparently the last family who'd tried to adopt him had had him for one night and brought him back the next day because he wouldnt sleep the first night they had him. I turned up and said "I have lots of free time and love dogs no matter what, give me one that's hard to adopt and needs effort"

Welp I got what I asked for. I love him more than anything and he keeps me going but good god sometimes I want to punt him into the sun.

Here's some milestones:

It took two weeks to stop hiding and crying when we had dinner together at the table.
It took over a month for him to sniff anything on a walk.
It took more than 4 months for him to start wagging.
It took 6 months for him to know what the word walk meant.
It took 8 months for him to relax even when you touch his neck. A previous owner would grab him and shake him by it.
Its taken nearly the full year since I've had him for him not to flinch if you lift anything up or pass things over him.

He's still a nightmare with lots of things and there's years of training to go, but he's the softest cuddliest dog you'll ever meet. He loves cuddles and pets more than anything. Despite having had mutiple abusive owners, he just wants to be in your lap, against your side, or standing on your head.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's rad that cat got brought back to his owners, it's sad when a cat gets out and runs away and you fear for the worst.

I just can't get over that those cats look like sentient scrotum beasts though, sorry.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Hairy Harry is the best name for a scrotumcat.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Lethemonster posted:

You appear to have the large version of my pupper

Mine is a rescue who, by the age of 3, had been in 5 homes and then the dogs trust for a year. Apparently the last family who'd tried to adopt him had had him for one night and brought him back the next day because he wouldnt sleep the first night they had him. I turned up and said "I have lots of free time and love dogs no matter what, give me one that's hard to adopt and needs effort"

Welp I got what I asked for. I love him more than anything and he keeps me going but good god sometimes I want to punt him into the sun.

Here's some milestones:

It took two weeks to stop hiding and crying when we had dinner together at the table.
It took over a month for him to sniff anything on a walk.
It took more than 4 months for him to start wagging.
It took 6 months for him to know what the word walk meant.
It took 8 months for him to relax even when you touch his neck. A previous owner would grab him and shake him by it.
Its taken nearly the full year since I've had him for him not to flinch if you lift anything up or pass things over him.

He's still a nightmare with lots of things and there's years of training to go, but he's the softest cuddliest dog you'll ever meet. He loves cuddles and pets more than anything. Despite having had mutiple abusive owners, he just wants to be in your lap, against your side, or standing on your head.

Awww he's adorable, and you are awesome :3:

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran
What is dead may never die

HPLovecraft
Sep 6, 2011
I just started working at a local shelter and so far this happy guy is my favorite:

His name is Cree and he is one of the most gentle intimidating looking dogs I've ever met. You can't really tell by the photo but he's massive. I can easily rest my hand on his shoulders when I walk him, but he never even tries to pull on the leash.

I'd take him but apparently he wasn't socialized with little kids or little doggos. So I just give him high fives every week and lots of kisses.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

HPLovecraft posted:

I just started working at a local shelter and so far this happy guy is my favorite:

What a beautiful dogge. :)

Any idea about his breed(s)? I mean I assume he's a mutt, but I don't exactly have a degree in dogology.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nordick posted:

What a beautiful dogge. :)

Any idea about his breed(s)? I mean I assume he's a mutt, but I don't exactly have a degree in dogology.

looks like rottweiler maybe a bit of lab

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This is my parents' cat.

She is the fluffiest.

She's a rescue cat and was clearly not brushed enough as a kitten, which means she's really not keen on us doing it either. We still try, but she gets knotty and then...

HPLovecraft
Sep 6, 2011

Nordick posted:

They have him listed as a Doberman Pinscher/Labrador mix. He is really gorgeous, just needs to pack on a few pounds. The stress from the shelter is making him drop weight even though he eats a ton. It made me want to wrap him up and take him home right there.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

HPLovecraft posted:

They have him listed as a Doberman Pinscher/Labrador mix. He is really gorgeous, just needs to pack on a few pounds. The stress from the shelter is making him drop weight even though he eats a ton. It made me want to wrap him up and take him home right there.

dang i was close, the coat threw me off

take the puppy home. :3:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

HPLovecraft posted:

Yeah I figured there's probably some Doberman there with that colouring. Rottweiler was my first thought too, but his build looks rather lanky for that. I mean he seems to have pretty long legs and his face is pretty lithe compared to a Rottweiler.
I hope he gets healthier and finds a good home soon. Keep us updated!

Half Doberman, half Lab, all Good Dog. :3:

EDIT: Dobermans are terrible dogs though, I mean just look at this terrible violent monster

source http://www.holidogtimes.com/20-reasons-to-never-adopt-a-doberman-pinscher/

Nordick has a new favorite as of 18:52 on May 24, 2016

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

battlemaster what have you done

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2016/05/two_large_rodents_have_escaped_from_the_high_park_zoo/

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wasn't me I swear :ohdear:

I hope they catch them safely; I haven't even had a chance to see them this year!

Aforgomon
Nov 29, 2015

Rhombicosidodecahedron
Has this piece of modern art been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSGDamhXk7M

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:3: Perfect little grumpy butt.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I knew a similar looking dog that was a rottie/GSD mix, though he was a bit heavier built than that . He too was an intimidating sweetie. He got bullied by the cats and just moped around looking sad when one of them decided to steal his bed.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Aforgomon posted:

Has this piece of modern art been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSGDamhXk7M

Why is that dog, who is dressed like a mid 00s emo/scene kid, listening to a song from 1992 when he should obviously be listening to My Chemical Romance or whatever? :spergin:

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 01:55 on May 25, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hovercat.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That is an incredibly good work catte, oh my god :kimchi:

I also love the bright eyed and clean-cut drivers license photo, but the actual catte is super grumpy and shaggy. Thank you for that.