Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Only as a sex offender.

He was only reading those pamphlets at the doctor's office because he's a scientist and he was bored, OK!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Ramadu posted:

SO why is carol gonna make tony stark register?

Tony doesn't meet his talking head quiping quota.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Only as a sex offender.

Marvel's printing a paperback later this year which collects the "Trial of Gambit" storyline for X-Men, and it is probably a sign that I have read too many of Chris Sims's X-Men Episode Guides that (even though I know what that story's about) my reaction was, "Probably on trial for his sex offences."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Marvel's printing a paperback later this year which collects the "Trial of Gambit" storyline for X-Men, and it is probably a sign that I have read too many of Chris Sims's X-Men Episode Guides that (even though I know what that story's about) my reaction was, "Probably on trial for his sex offences."

That was one of the comics that made me quit reading back then. I was so excited to find out Gambit's big secret and it was such a let down. It was like they couldn't pull the trigger on making him actually a bad guy. The freaking animated series had a better twist.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I generally like the period that's sandwiched between OZT and Revolutions (so, the Kelly / Seagle / Davis era) but there was a lot of wasted potential in it. Joe Kelly and Steve Seagle have, I believe, talked about how they were hamstrung for a lot of their run by editorial mandates from Bob Harras, and Alan Davis, who'd been hired to pencil one of the books, ended up getting the job writing them both because Kelly and Seagle quit rather than put up with that.

Still, I really enjoy the Magneto War story arc, where the UN gives Magneto control over Genosha.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

JoshTheStampede posted:

The mutants should just go visit Wanda and be like "hey I know you aren't a mutant anymore but remember when you genocided us? Yeah, wish away these loving mists as payback, thanks."

Agreed, I mean I do it too, but regardless of the reason Marvel has no business reason to downplay mutants. People get it in their heads that they're going to do stuff just as a gently caress you to Sony/Fox or that they'd rather make no money off something than make some and have someone else profit too.

Wait, they actually did that whole Wanda and Quicksilver not being Magneto's kids retcon? That's kind of annoying. Sorry if that's old news, but I've been just been getting back into comics lately after a long break.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Finster Dexter posted:

Wait, they actually did that whole Wanda and Quicksilver not being Magneto's kids retcon? That's kind of annoying. Sorry if that's old news, but I've been just been getting back into comics lately after a long break.

Them being his kids was a recon from the 80s. They were originally the Whizzer's kid

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the original retcon / reveal actually stemmed from the fact that Magneto and Quicksilver had similar-looking hair.

So that's probably where Howard Mackie and John Byrne got the idea for Norman Osborn being related to the Sandman.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

bobkatt013 posted:

Them being his kids was a recon from the 80s. They were originally the Whizzer's kid

Dammit, Whizzer!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think the original retcon / reveal actually stemmed from the fact that Magneto and Quicksilver had similar-looking hair.

So that's probably where Howard Mackie and John Byrne got the idea for Norman Osborn being related to the Sandman.

I'm now more confused than before.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah it was right before SW. During that subpar Axis event, Scarlet Witch was running around being all evil so Magneto goes and gets Quicksilver and is like "we gotta stop your sister before she fuckin kills someone". Then at some point in the fight Mags yells something to the extent of "you're my daughter calm down!" and Wanda goes "Oh yeah well gently caress your whole bloodline old man" and throws a spell out there (was she gonna kill herself? I dunno) and nothing happens and Quicksilver is like "Hey I thought you said you were gonna gently caress up his whole bloodline but we're unaffected ohhhh I get it now"

Then later in Uncanny Avengers they find out they were both just High Evolutionary experiments.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

Yeah it was right before SW. During that subpar Axis event, Scarlet Witch was running around being all evil so Magneto goes and gets Quicksilver and is like "we gotta stop your sister before she fuckin kills someone". Then at some point in the fight Mags yells something to the extent of "you're my daughter calm down!" and Wanda goes "Oh yeah well gently caress your whole bloodline old man" and throws a spell out there (was she gonna kill herself? I dunno) and nothing happens and Quicksilver is like "Hey I thought you said you were gonna gently caress up his whole bloodline but we're unaffected ohhhh I get it now"

Then later in Uncanny Avengers they find out they were both just High Evolutionary experiments.

Shouldn't that have done something to Polaris, then? Unless she's also no longer Magneto's daughter.

I prefer the view that evil Wanda rewrote reality just so she could literally go gently caress YOU YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

So what's this big Cap secret going to be tomorrow?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Wheat Loaf posted:

for Norman Osborn being related to the Sandman.

Really?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Frank Eufemia posted:

So what's this big Cap secret going to be tomorrow?

I've heard rumors, but I'm not sure how kosher it is to post them, since they made a whole new thread to post the spoilers for DC Universe Rebirth #1...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

I've heard rumors, but I'm not sure how kosher it is to post them, since they made a whole new thread to post the spoilers for DC Universe Rebirth #1...

You know someone's gonna ask. Plus I doubt the secret is as big as the Rebirth one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just put it in spoilers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Posting spoilers is fine as long as you put them in spoiler tags. The Rebirth spoilers got their own thread because it was becoming a whole big discussion.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
The rumors I heard, complete with grain of salt, is the final page is Cap saying 'Hail Hydra!' and that he's been a Hydra agent since being brought into the organization as a child by his mother.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh just found them.

Steve has been Hydra all along and was raised by his mom that way.

Marvel really challenging DC for dumbest poo poo published this week.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh barf.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 24, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

The rumors I heard, complete with grain of salt, is the final page is Cap saying 'Hail Hydra!' and that he's been a Hydra agent since being brought into the organization as a child by his mother.

That would be, without fail, the stupidest plot twist I've ever heard so I assume it is false.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Hahahah what!? Are there leaked pages like Rebirth or is it still rumors?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

What if everything I knew...was wrong?!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Superstring posted:

Hahahah what!? Are there leaked pages like Rebirth or is it still rumors?

There is a leaked picture on 4chan.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

On the other hand, though,

Brocktoon posted:

Hydra isn't currently around in the MU, and Red Skull is trying to revive it at the end of Standoff, so it could be some long game with Cap attempting to infiltrate the newly reformed Hydra or some poo poo. If it's on its face it'll be dumb as poo poo though.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Brocktoon posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA WOW okay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I thought y'all were mocking the rebirth spoilers, but fair enough I guess.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Remember, the Red Skull currently has the brain of the world's greatest telepath, who's been known for loving with people's memories...

EDIT: vvvvvvvvv BOOM

Circutron fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 24, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
So fair cop I was wrong and they are using Red Skull and Xaivers brain, in the most obvious way possible. Countdown to the "No it's not mind control" damage control tweet starts now

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 24, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Circutron posted:

Remember, the Red Skull currently has the brain of the world's greatest telepath, who's been known for loving with people's memories...

Actually that would be an interesting angle too. I'm not as down on it as I was, because Red Skull rebuilding Hydra on Cap's back makes pretty much perfect sense.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I was just thinking that Cap seemed a little more of a dick than usual in the couple of issues that have come out since he got re-powered, and the Red Skull was right there at the time, seemingly doing nothing.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Brocktoon posted:

Hahaha whatever, that's so dumb. I mean, that would be on the same level as DC putting Watchmen in the DC universe. I mean come on

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Shouldn't that have done something to Polaris, then? Unless she's also no longer Magneto's daughter.

Polaris wasn't around to be caught in the blast radius of the spell and supposedly she's still Magneto's kid, though your canon is good too.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

That sounds pretty loving dumb

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

A larger shot of more of the panel:

Yeah, uh.

That's probably not Steve.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Remember everything after Secret Wars you can blame on Franklin Richards.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Teenage Fansub posted:

H.E.R.B.I.E. was supposed to be watching him.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Teenage Fansub posted:

Bentley-23 threw the idea inside Franklin's idea hat because there are no rules.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I miss the future foundation kids. Hurry up and remake the multiverse already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I want a Venomm and Karnaj team-up, possibly involving Spider-Man overhearing a report on it as it happens (while he's visiting Wakanda I guess?) and waaaaaaaaaay overreacting.

• Locked thread