Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Yes, after a steady diet of steak and ketchup.wraps, you won't be having any shits for a while.

I'm really bored of Dean now and skipped through most of his Ppv match with Jericho. He's gone from sleazy Pillman to jeggings Doink.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/adecorativedrop/status/735452222717317120

Not a fan of the idea of a brand split if they go that route.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

OctoberCountry posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/735447930547490816

Smackdown's going live and the brand split is coming back

No loving way

Oh my god

This is going to end hilariously

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Answertheten/status/735453319783579649

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/735452511541334016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

https://twitter.com/adecorativedrop/status/735452222717317120

Not a fan of the idea of a brand split if they go that route.
Going to be great with Ryan Ward writing, Mauro commentating, and good matches

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
don't care what you say, very excited for the draft

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Going to be great with Ryan Ward writing, Mauro commentating, and good matches

No way am I regularly watching two WWE weekly shows though so I'm not a fan of splitting the roster. I guess if Smackdown's better I may just switch to that. I should actually have USA legally by then so I can watch that and Tuesday Nitro at the same time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
make raw the three hour Roman only show so I can just watch smackdown

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

there should be a draft every week

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'll do what I do with RAW, and have a sports game/my lab work open in another tab/application and only pay full attention when the new day or enzo & cass are on

lmao

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They're presumably going to center this around the Shane/Steph angle by making each the authority figure of one of the shows.

Wonder if they'll split the WWE WHC again?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

don't care what you say, very excited for the draft

Nakamura and/or Styles going to SD, calling it now

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Team Smackdown. Two hours, Mauro, two hours, Mauro, etc.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

what an interesting birthday present

maybe now smackdown will mathahahahahahahahaha

e: re: tna

remember when thunder fled to wednesdays because of smackdown

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
This is a sure thing to make me start watching wrestling TV again. Probably resubscribe to the WWE Network as well. This is awesome.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the smackdown six returns featuring dolph ziggler, zack ryder, the social outcasts, and aj styles

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Give Heyman the book on Smackdown and bring back that golden era please.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and besides smackdown at the moment has the handicap of having less time than raw if they split the rosters

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I barely watch raw every week. There's no chance I'm watching smackdown. It sucks

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Bring back the fist and make it The Roman Show.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
brand-split live smackdown is some wild poo poo to wake up to

I hope it is The Good Show and continues to be two hours long and I'll watch the hell out of it but like I've posted before I'm not exactly optimistic they won't gently caress up the roster split and just make everyone angry that now they're expected to watch five goddamn hours of wrestling

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

abraham linksys posted:

brand-split live smackdown is some wild poo poo to wake up to

I hope it is The Good Show and continues to be two hours long and I'll watch the hell out of it but like I've posted before I'm not exactly optimistic they won't gently caress up the roster split and just make everyone angry that now they're expected to watch five goddamn hours of wrestling

That's like two hours tops with selective fast forward, unless it's a really good week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they split the world title again, at least 3 of Owens/Zayn/Styles/Nakamura/Finn are going to SD

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
i hope the rock gets drafted to smackdown!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
As long as they keep Enzo, Seth and new day on raw I'll never have to watch smackdown

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

The split is right before Battleground, that should be an interesting PPV card

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

and besides smackdown at the moment has the handicap of having less time than raw if they split the rosters

handicap?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

They're presumably going to center this around the Shane/Steph angle by making each the authority figure of one of the shows.

Wonder if they'll split the WWE WHC again?

I really hope they don't. Give each show a secondary title and let the World, Women's, and Tag belts float between them.

TNA is going to get loving slaughtered. If anything would bring their viewership down to Lucha Underground levels, this is probably it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

If they split the world title again, at least 3 of Owens/Zayn/Styles/Nakamura/Finn are going to SD

I doubt they split the title again since the IC title has been main eventing SD pretty much since they moved it to USA. It'll probably just stay that way.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What the hell? Why did they release all those people when they need two rosters for a brand split?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pet Rock Band posted:

The split is right before Battleground, that should be an interesting PPV card

I miiiiiiight be going to this. Didn't they split the B and C-tier PPVs, too? That could be interesting.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Gorn Myson posted:

Give Heyman the book on Smackdown and bring back that golden era please.

I guaran-drat-tee that Heyman wants no parts of it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I guaran-drat-tee that Heyman wants no parts of it.
Judging from that documentary they did about him, I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. If I'm not mistaken, the McMahon's don't rate him as a booker at all.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
3 hour Raw with a brand split is going to be fun to watch. Might as well give new day a whole hour

Luigi Thirty posted:

What the hell? Why did they release all those people when they need two rosters for a brand split?

Because ROH and NJPW have more talent to sign

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
RAW already repeats matches week to week with a huge loving roster, cant wait to to see the repeats on a 3 hour show with a smaller roster

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
The Usos will get more time :(

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
The first brand split was enough to kill off my dwindling interest in the product for the next 13 years and I'm pretty sure that is exactly what is going to happen again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Howling Man posted:

The Usos will get more time :(

so will Darren Young + Bob Backlund, Golden Truth, and KANE

• Locked thread