Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hi I'd like to be something like a policy maker for your company but without any of the experience, education or time put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

This is so close to someone explaining how polygamy is actually a really good deal for all parties involved, and the only reason it doesn't work out for everyone is because everyone isn't just like me.

Sadly sometimes I draw that same comparison but down to brass tacks, we're considering it primarily because we're poor and don't like the idea of work without enjoyment. More important to do what you want in life than what the internet tells you anyway.

Except vote trump because America.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I'll be 26 this year, I spent every year after highschool at community college to save my parents money since they insisted I be college educated, I didn't want to join the military since it royally hosed the life of my best friend and they don't get much from the government but it is paying his way through HVAC certification school. I was initially going to be a psychology student, but instead I decided to go for a business admin degree since I figured the only way I would make a living in psych is going for a MD or PHd in a long winded 12 year process that I wasn't interested in making my parents pay for. In the meantime I've been day trading on the market since I was 16 with a base capital of 1,000 dollars I saved selling soda and candy from a backpack in school during the big sugar ban they had for a while.

I made a good coup from Disney shares, then another at the Citi Group being 3 bucks a share, but the market has been pretty stable so I've sat on my funds for a while looking for something better to invest in with a good return. currently looking at the RFID chip market, it promises good things.

This is an impressive list of bad decisions.

Also that community college education really shows in your writing

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
hey everybody guess what

MILLENNIALS

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
This child that I raised turned out to be a useless, lazy, entitled piece of poo poo.

Who's loving fault is this? Who the gently caress did this to my child? Tell me!

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
33% of millennials now live at home with mommy but only .02% go rear end to rear end with their sister at an FYAD house party *wiki kathy and nooner*

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Blacktoll posted:

Hi I'd like to be something like a policy maker for your company but without any of the experience, education or time put in.

and if you'll look at the accomplishments section on my resume you'll see i've had not one but two posts make it to the front page of reddit

my youtube channel of lets play videos just hit 100 subscribers

and i had a fb post go viral a few months ago when i called out a guy at the gym for body shaming me

so when do i start, ill need to know soon so i can tell my mommy when i need to use the car, kthxbai

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I'll be 26 this year, I spent every year after highschool at community college to save my parents money since they insisted I be college educated, I didn't want to join the military since it royally hosed the life of my best friend and they don't get much from the government but it is paying his way through HVAC certification school. I was initially going to be a psychology student, but instead I decided to go for a business admin degree since I figured the only way I would make a living in psych is going for a MD or PHd in a long winded 12 year process that I wasn't interested in making my parents pay for. In the meantime I've been day trading on the market since I was 16 with a base capital of 1,000 dollars I saved selling soda and candy from a backpack in school during the big sugar ban they had for a while.

I made a good coup from Disney shares, then another at the Citi Group being 3 bucks a share, but the market has been pretty stable so I've sat on my funds for a while looking for something better to invest in with a good return. currently looking at the RFID chip market, it promises good things.

You've been in community college for 8 years for a loving business degree and you are afraid of a "long winded" 12 year track to an MD? Are you getting a PhD at that community college in steam/e-trade/fanduel fat-assery?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robot Pride posted:

You've been in community college for 8 years for a loving business degree and you are afraid of a "long winded" 12 year track to an MD? Are you getting a PhD at that community college in steam/e-trade/fanduel fat-assery?

I'm sure a man who writes at an 8th grade level could easily get into medical school if he wanted to

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
you assume he graduated when he was 18

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
i went to school one time but then i realized i could just scam ppls pensions with forex and options trading and also build poo poo with my hands and do odd internet jobs and live pretty decently so i dedicated my time to finding eternal youth and found out its happening in south america

then some radical feminists that dont understand bandwagon theory tried to bill cosby me not realizing there were only 3 of them in totality that could bill cosby me if they put in a lot of effort

then there were rumors of some darknet video tapes and recordsing and i was like id like to see them :-)

then we rehabd the killers pedos and rapists in forest rehab communities with reality tv and ppl made money and the switch only took less than 4 years to turn into a progressive regime but no one even triemrs gallant had a fat pussy. i enjoyed the book freak the mighty euth novel

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I'm 23, make 10$ an hr, and live several states away from my parents. I'm poor af and it sucks, especially when I see a lot of ppl my age where their parents pay for rent! Rent and utilities is like 60% of my income. My mom is an immigrant and essentially was a factory worker/sub teacher for her life. We were always lower class and she couldn't help me if she wanted to.

Yes id like to be a responsible independent adult but Jesus gently caress cant the min wage increase, and I commute to a lovely job via bus for over an hour and why the gently caress are luxury apartments being built everywhere when they're over $1000 per month. Who the gently caress can pay that?!?!

Essentially I think the lower class is getting really hosed over here. I'm worried for my older siblings because they are more hosed than me.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I'm 23, make 10$ an hr, and live several states away from my parents. I'm poor af and it sucks, especially when I see a lot of ppl my age where their parents pay for rent! Rent and utilities is like 60% of my income. My mom is an immigrant and essentially was a factory worker/sub teacher for her life. We were always lower class and she couldn't help me if she wanted to.

Yes id like to be a responsible independent adult but Jesus gently caress cant the min wage increase, and I commute to a lovely job via bus for over an hour and why the gently caress are luxury apartments being built everywhere when they're over $1000 per month. Who the gently caress can pay that?!?!

Essentially I think the lower class is getting really hosed over here. I'm worried for my older siblings because they are more hosed than me.

Get a trade. For real.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

you're getting paid $10 an hour because you have a job that a robot can and will do soon

learn a skill/trade that's actually worth something you dingus

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
wait wait wait. wait.

wait.

did somebody say....

MILLENIALS?!??!!!

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I have a computer science degree and I program. I'm just an rear end in a top hat who hasn't gotten hired into something better

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

I have a computer science degree and I program. I'm just an rear end in a top hat who hasn't gotten hired into something better

If you have a CS degree and a github account you can reference for code samples then there is no reason you are living like a hobo. No reason.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Do people not live with half a dozen roommates for most of their 20's or what? I remember being super excited at like age 25-26 when I got a full time gig paying $30k a year. Before that I think I hovered around 20-25k and somehow managed to pay $300-400 per month for a room in a group house.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
Well, unless you are a hardcore drug addict or more likely a typical millennial poo poo head that spends all their time playing video games on their loving phone/console/poo poo-rig PC.

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

bongwizzard posted:

Do people not live with half a dozen roommates for most of their 20's or what? I remember being super excited at like age 25-26 when I got a full time gig paying $30k a year. Before that I think I hovered around 20-25k and somehow managed to pay $300-400 per month for a room in a group house.

yuppie culture and selfishness has ruined this

i was getting psyched to do this in my 30s-40s and other more robust community living arrangements, artist communes becoming more mainstream living, compartmentalization, etc

but ppl got addictted to friends and sienfeidl and wanted to shop at forever 21 few just a few more years and got to kill ppl with prison etc gently caress all yall

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

This is becoming a big problem.

There is not one single mid-range apartment complex being built within a 20-mile radius of my city and all the old ones are being torn down.
All construction is on luxury units so now the only choices are a) granite countertops/bamboo flooring/75% of your paycheck and b) filthy trash heap that makes suicide seem inviting.
There is precisely nothing in between.

This affects everyone who is not a homeowner (not just millennials) and owning when you work in a fickle industry is just not practical.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I like those budget guides that state you should not spend more than 25% or 33% of your take home income on housing (utilities included).
This seems like a very realistical goal and totally achievable in cities where jobs actually are.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The scary part about this generation having to rely on the older generation's wealth and good fortune because of crippling school debt, the hollowing out of well paying secure middle class jobs, and explosive housing cost rises, is that the generation after them is going to have much less of a familial cushion to fall back on. There is going to be a huge slide into poverty for a large portion of the country, and there doesn't seem to be anything anyone can do about it so they just get angry and vote Trump or Bernie I guess.

This is why don't have kids tho

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Lol just lol at the goon with CS degree making ten dollars an hour. Somewhere you must be broken because come on.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

*drinks two bottles of dimetapp and a forty* gently caress this poo poo job my siblings are hosed

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
now coming to you live!! It's home with mommy!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Starring the millennial 33!!

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Guess my experience would be included into this study. I lived with my parents until I was 28, which was when I got married and paid for the wedding on my own, moved into a 2 bedroom condo my wife and I bought, and then 5 years later bought my own house. If I didn't live all those years at home with my parents, then I never would have been able to save enough to do all that. It was worth it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Loqieu posted:

Guess my experience would be included into this study. I lived with my parents until I was 28, which was when I got married and paid for the wedding on my own, moved into a 2 bedroom condo my wife and I bought, and then 5 years later bought my own house. If I didn't live all those years at home with my parents, then I never would have been able to save enough to do all that. It was worth it.

I guess so but that sounds lame as gently caress to me. Everyone needs a period of poverty, squalor, and 8am bong-rips in their life imho.

If you have never pissed in the cat's litter box because your roommates have the only bathroom tied up for hours loving in the shower, then I don't know how you would get on in life.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

bongwizzard posted:

I guess so but that sounds lame as gently caress to me. Everyone needs a period of poverty, squalor, and 8am bong-rips in their life imho.

If you have never pissed in the cat's litter box because your roommates have the only bathroom tied up for hours loving in the shower, then I don't know how you would get on in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ckihhKoiL0

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bongwizzard posted:

What are you, some kind of barbarian?

Use the sink.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

What are you, some kind of barbarian?

Use the sink.

If the bathroom fuckers want to keep bathroom loving then they get to lovingly scoop up my clumped piss and dispose of it for me.

Also lol that the sink was ever not overflowing with dishes.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Aww shucks, we'll do better next millennium A- at least 90%

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I've turned my life into a soulless grind to afford my appartment but at least I live on my own. Yeah it sucks so I can see why some folks would rather stay home and be happy a bit longer.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Is everyone in this thread some crusty 50-year-old?

People younger than you have less accumulated knowledge and experience than you, an old gently caress whining on this dead gay forum, leading them to act out seemingly foolhardy or annoying behaviors from your current perspective. Your actions at a Millenial's age (currently 5-35, 30 years for a generation, right?) likely looked just as bad to the trailblazing olds before you.

If you're not over 35, you're complaining about yourself, HTH.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If, on the other hand, you are 34 years and 11 months old it is perfectly OK.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Is everyone in this thread some crusty 50-year-old?

People younger than you have less accumulated knowledge and experience than you, an old gently caress whining on this dead gay forum, leading them to act out seemingly foolhardy or annoying behaviors from your current perspective. Your actions at a Millenial's age (currently 5-35, 30 years for a generation, right?) likely looked just as bad to the trailblazing olds before you.

If you're not over 35, you're complaining about yourself, HTH.

Yeah geez I know, and if these people don't stop all this mean talking I just might get triggered!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

penis man posted:

yuppie culture and selfishness has ruined this

i was getting psyched to do this in my 30s-40s and other more robust community living arrangements, artist communes becoming more mainstream living, compartmentalization, etc

but ppl got addictted to friends and sienfeidl and wanted to shop at forever 21 few just a few more years and got to kill ppl with prison etc gently caress all yall

Everyone I know that is my age either lives at home or with roommates.

why the gently caress are luxury apartments being built everywhere when they're over $1000 per month. Who the gently caress can pay that?!?!

This though for real. Except here they are like $2500/mo.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

If my rent was 1k I'd live like a god drat king.

Instead I pay for a house in Brooklyn in a non-touristy area. Just me, my wife and all the hassids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
What does it say about my mom moving Into my apartment?

gently caress no I don't make her pay rent. She's my mom.

• Locked thread