Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
It's great to finally see the Sharks in the final. I don't really care whether the Pens or the Bolts make it, I just hope that whoever it is loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Fire Hitchcock.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

You did it Sharks!!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
That was an awesome season and I loved it. Last game was kind of a downer but them's the breaks.

This is also going to be a busy and hopefully entertaining offseason for the Blues but we can all be absolutely certain that Blues SAS posters will hate everything that happens.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Habibi posted:

HIRE DEBOER!
HIRE DEBOER!
HIRE DEBOER!
HIREDEBOER!
HIREDEBOER!
HIIRDEOER!
HIODEOR!
HODOR!
HODOR!

:lol::lol: This is my current conn smythe of playoffs shitpost leader.

ktonastya
Aug 23, 2006

I'm afraid I just "blue" myself

bewbies posted:

That was an awesome season and I loved it. Last game was kind of a downer but them's the breaks.

This is also going to be a busy and hopefully entertaining offseason for the Blues but we can all be absolutely certain that Blues SAS posters will hate everything that happens.

Are any of us capable of happiness or an emotion aside from hate or crippling disappointment?

In actuality though, I'm still happy we made it as far as we did and knocked out the Blackhawks and Stars. Just need a few days (and some alcohol) to get over it to be prepared to watch the Sharks beat the Pens (or the Bolts, but I really hope for the Pens).

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I'm a Bay Area kid who liked the Sharks since they started up. But the last game I went to was that playoff game a few years back where they gave up 3 consecutive 5 on 3 goals and I couldn't take it anymore. That sequence broke my heart pretty thoroughly.

Is it... is it safe yet? Should I go back into my hole waiting for them to disappoint me again? Would I be no better than a bandwagoner at this point?

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 26, 2016

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm a Bay Area kid who liked the Sharks since from day they existed, but the last game I went to was that playoff game a few years back where they gave up 3 consecutive 5 on 3 goals and I couldn't take it anymore. That sequence broke my heart pretty thoroughly.

Is it... is it safe yet? Should I go back into my hole waiting for them to disappoint me again? Would I be no better than a bandwagoner at this point?

They are in the Stanley Cup Finals, yes it is safe. No one cares if you are a bandwagoner. Bandwagoners are good despite what "die hard" sports fans will say.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

With the Sharks you're only safe when the series is 3-0, and they have a lead in game 4 that's physically impossible to give up.

And even then, you still have to be a little concerned.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tampa/SJ Stanley Cup would own so loving hard.

Legitimately happy for the Sharks :3:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Hooray Sharks, really happy the team and their fans got to celebrate their first conference win on home ice, that was great.

Man, teams I've rooted for are 12/13 so far, with the sole exception being the Panthers losing to the Isles. Pretty good playoffs!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm a Bay Area kid who liked the Sharks since they started up. But the last game I went to was that playoff game a few years back where they gave up 3 consecutive 5 on 3 goals and I couldn't take it anymore. That sequence broke my heart pretty thoroughly.

Or you could be stoked even if we lose. If you looked at us last summer we had

ABSOLUTELY NO GOD drat BUSINESS GETTING THIS FAR

What a ride!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Wilson was actively trying to punt both Thornton and Marleau just a year ago like really loving trying and he was making GBS threads on him, and we had john scott and that other punchman I can't remember and SCOTT loving HANNAN and who the gently caress else was on defense I can't even remember. Also Nemo and STALOCK IN NET STALOCK WE PLAYED STALOCK.

What an awesome turn around

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Veskit posted:

Wilson was actively trying to punt both Thornton and Marleau just a year ago like really loving trying and he was making GBS threads on him, and we had john scott and that other punchman I can't remember and SCOTT loving HANNAN and who the gently caress else was on defense I can't even remember. Also Nemo and STALOCK IN NET STALOCK WE PLAYED STALOCK.

This is why I will never, ever, ever not hate Doug Wilson. I don't care if the Sharks win the Cup, I will hate him forever more. From the year he did exactly dick at the TDL to this summer actively trying to sabotage the team, he's also done a lot of good things but he's clearly just a total dick who has no plan and no real idea what's going on or what the team actually needs. In some ways his tactical competence at trades and acquisitions makes his macro-level strategic idiocy all the more enraging.

gently caress Doug Wilson.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm a Ducks fan since the Disney movies came out, I liked the Sharks back then too, but living in SoCal has jaded me. I have thoroughly taught my 6 year old that the Sharks are cheaters and chokers.

Since the pre-season started last/this year, they have looked very different. I've been a closet Sharks fan this year and my kids think I'm a traitor that roots for cheaters now, whoops.

I want to tell you it's safe, but as Ducks fan I can tell you it is never safe to put a lot of hope in a couple dozen guys.

Go....Sharks! :coolfish:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Friendly Lurker posted:

I'm a Ducks fan since the Disney movies came out, I liked the Sharks back then too, but living in SoCal has jaded me. I have thoroughly taught my 6 year old that the Sharks are cheaters and chokers.

Since the pre-season started last/this year, they have looked very different. I've been a closet Sharks fan this year and my kids think I'm a traitor that roots for cheaters now, whoops.

I want to tell you it's safe, but as Ducks fan I can tell you it is never safe to put a lot of hope in a couple dozen guys.

Go....Sharks! :coolfish:

Lol calling the Sharks cheaters when the Ducks have gently caress Corey Perry

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Penguins, I need you to present me a scenario where either Kessel or Burns gets on the cup. Thank you in advance.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

DOOMocrat posted:

Penguins, I need you to present me a scenario where either Kessel or Burns gets on the cup. Thank you in advance.

I am 100% fine with either of these things happening.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DOOMocrat posted:

Vasilevskiy's contract is up next year. His agent makes a huge demand in the offseason, Bolts reject it, trade him and an AHL forward to Pittsburgh for Kessel and his contract, Murray and spare parts.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

You stand with the Penguins or you stand for Stevie and against the labor rights of the common man.

flakeloaf posted:

Vasilievsky's contract is up next year. His agent makes a huge demand in the offseason, Bolts reject it, trade him and an AHL forward to Pittsburgh for Kessel and his contract, Murray and spare parts.

Yes, start your injury prone goalie with no lights out backup. This worked swimmingly for the Stars over the past five seasons.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Pierre McGuire: Phil, tell me your feelings on finally getting the Cup
Phil Kessel: I've been wearing a cup my whole career
PM: I meant the Stanley Cup, Phil
PK: :doh:

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

DOOMocrat posted:

If the Pens make the Finals and lose to the Sharks I won't even be that mad. I'll just be sad that Philip "Hotdogs" Kessel will not get to fill the bowl with ketchup and relish for dipping.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
go sharks, I guess

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Tampa will win tonight then lose in the Finals again because Wonderllama is destined to drink himself into an early grave. Sorry man.

But the series will be awesome!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/735880364795809793

I hope the Lightning have two watch parties to spite the NHL

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It says NBC is mad because the ratings suck, especially in the West.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bandwagon fans in general are awesome and should be embraced by everyone but this does not apply to Blackhawks bandwagon fans

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

bewbies posted:

Bandwagon fans in general are awesome and should be embraced by everyone but this does not apply to Blackhawks bandwagon fans

Or the Kings, loving yuck. For some reason the ducks are acceptable but not the kings.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Do I count as bandwagon if I watch a fair number of sharks games but don't post because I still somehow know jack poo poo about hockey aside from wanting to kiss Joe Thornton

Its okay if I do im just not sure

Dutchy fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 26, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dutchy posted:

Do I count as bandwagon if I watch a fair number of sharks games but don't post because I still somehow know jack poo poo about hockey aside from wanting to kiss Joe Thornton

at least you know the only important thing about hockey

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Aphrodite posted:

It says NBC is mad because the ratings suck, especially in the West.

So the solution is to make people like the brand less. Let's see how that goes.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

RC Cola posted:

Lol calling the Sharks cheaters when the Ducks have gently caress Corey Perry

I've been working on my sportsmanship....I still love that weird looking hockey genius though!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

The Tampa Bay Lightning will die for Gary Bettman's sins.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I hope Matt Murray didn't lose his mojo by turning 22

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

myron cope posted:

I hope Matt Murray didn't lose his mojo by turning 22

Everything will be alright.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Watch parties like that are loving awesome and clamping down on them is the best loving way to chase fans off. Goddamnit NHL.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

DJExile posted:

Watch parties like that are loving awesome and clamping down on them is the best loving way to chase fans off. Goddamnit NHL.

Option 1: several thousand fans definitely watch a game at a watch party

Option 2: stop the watch party, and those same people may or may not watch the game at home

Of course the NHL chose option 2.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Yeah the Pens do them a lot. I remember them doing it all the time in their 09 Cup run.

It's incredibly stupid to try to clamp down on people wanting to actually watch your god damned product.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

flakeloaf posted:

Consistent with the corporate strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Wouldn't the people at the watch party actually be better viewers than people at home? They'd have to watch the commercials that NBC is trying to sell because they can't change the channel or go get a beer from the fridge

• Locked thread