Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Peebla posted:

I think he is pretty funny and also I think that is a fairly popular opinion. Actually I am always surprised by the amount of people on SA who apparently despise the guy - I'm having a lot of trouble keeping track of who I should like and who I should hate :(
He was very publicly liked here on SA and then backlash happened (also reddit started liking him). A typical cycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

of course

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
omg he's so brave for talking about his daughter's vagina like that! he says what we're all thinking, just like trump!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
also as far as I know the one and only source for that jerking off thing is..... gawker

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only thing you can consider to be the saddest handjob is the one not given

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

vyst posted:

The only thing you can consider to be the saddest handjob is the one not given

*at a public event* MY WIFE DID ME A SEXUAL FAVOR AND IT WAS SO GODDAMN HORRIBLE HOLY poo poo IT SUCKED IT WAS SO BAD AND I BET SHE JUST DID IT SO I WOULDN'T TURN INTO AN ENRAGED MANIAC WHAT A oval office

*blames wife for the failed marriage and calls her a bitch in public at every given opportunity, even before the divorce*

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

KomodoWagon posted:

*at a public event* MY WIFE DID ME A SEXUAL FAVOR AND IT WAS SO GODDAMN HORRIBLE HOLY poo poo IT SUCKED IT WAS SO BAD AND I BET SHE JUST DID IT SO I WOULDN'T TURN INTO AN ENRAGED MANIAC WHAT A oval office

*blames wife for the failed marriage and calls her a bitch in public at every given opportunity, even before the divorce*

Are you enjoying stand up comedy, something that is apparently brand new to you?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Louis CK is a funny man who hates his kids

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I wasn't aware that talking poo poo about your ex-wife in every public forum available to you is essential to comedy.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

KomodoWagon posted:

I wasn't aware that talking poo poo about your ex-wife in every public forum available to you is essential to comedy.

The period precedent to and during his divorce was probably his best stand up

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Haverchuck posted:

Yeah I despise female humans, too

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
he's as bad as every other stand up comedian (very)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Seaniqua posted:

Louis CK is a funny man who hates his kids

I would disagree with that statement. He lovingly described I detail his 6 year old bending over stark naked and the turd crowning out of her sphincter.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Haverchuck posted:

more peoples personal lives should bebrutally sundered to fuel their fools skit for my amusement

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

KomodoWagon posted:

Yeah I despise female humans, too

nobody said that, keep reaching

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
Shock comedy just ain't my deal I guess

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Pony Incident posted:

Shock comedy just ain't my deal I guess

wait then why are you here

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Mange Mite posted:

wait then why are you here

did you know there's a yo-kai watch named after you? :)

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

The Protagonist posted:

more peoples personal lives should bebrutally sundered to fuel their fools skit for my amusement

Yes

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I got into that little horace and pete series. the Louie show is boring and sucks. I like when he's included in like David Cross' or Brian Posehn's stuff. That group of comedians go well together.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bill hicks made some good points

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

i think louis ck is all right when he tell true stories about masturbation and bad food habits. i also think louis ck is bad when he voices his retarded opninons on things (except masturbation and bad food habits).

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
He good but he'll never dethrone Paula Pounstone as best comedian ever.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FlimFlam Imam posted:

isnt her stuff more kid oriented?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

isnt her stuff more kid oriented?

gently caress if I know, she's the worst. She got booed off stage at a show I was at, that's how bad she is. She told some joke about accidentally inhaling cinnamon and nearly dying. I guess she tells that one all the time so people booed her and she got all mad. Made my night.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

I looked for Stewart Lee's bit on American comedians but couldn't find it on youtube, so just imagine I posted it and chuckle to yourself or scowl in irritation as appropriate

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

FlimFlam Imam posted:

/

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FlimFlam Imam posted:

gently caress if I know, she's the worst. She got booed off stage at a show I was at, that's how bad she is. She told some joke about accidentally inhaling cinnamon and nearly dying. I guess she tells that one all the time so people booed her and she got all mad. Made my night.

quote:

Poundstone began serving as a foster parent in the 1990s, fostering eight children and eventually adopting two daughters and a son.[4][8][9] In October 2001, Poundstone was found guilty of felony child endangerment in connection with driving while intoxicated with children in the car. She was charged with lewd acts upon a child younger than 14 and reached a plea agreement for probation and community service.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im guessing bringing up P. Poundstones troubles with the law will be used as more evidence to be used against me in the case Keg vs GBS and further awareness of #GBShateswomen but i give no fucks

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

louie c.k.'s stand up is pretty funny some times, but I think he thinks he's making high art in his show. most stand-up people are hugely unfunny because they try to appeal to retards, but c.k.'s show is awful and not entertaining because it's made to appeal to art house weiners. he probably think's he's charlie kaufman

(I was going to qualify this next statement with "almost" but I realized I couldn't think of a single exception to the rule)

all comedians are huge pieces of poo poo

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
except Harland Williams. he is weird and cool and i love him. <3

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

SciFiDownBeat posted:

louie c.k.'s stand up is pretty funny some times, but I think he thinks he's making high art in his show. most stand-up people are hugely unfunny because they try to appeal to retards, but c.k.'s show is awful and not entertaining because it's made to appeal to art house weiners. he probably think's he's charlie kaufman

(I was going to qualify this next statement with "almost" but I realized I couldn't think of a single exception to the rule)

all comedians are huge pieces of poo poo

I'll see you at your next open mic!!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I miss Emo Philips, he was the funniest of the weird.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I miss Emo Philips, he was the funniest of the weird.

he had a great haircut and stage persona

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

There are some Opie and Anthony episodes where Louis CK calls in and his wife does something on the air that is less than friendly. He was smart enough to document it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

except Harland Williams. he is weird and cool and i love him. <3

*makes bird sounds*

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helical Nightmares posted:

*makes bird sounds*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Pony Incident posted:

did you know there's a yo-kai watch named after you? :)

Idk what this means but i dont like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

*makes bird sounds*

• Locked thread