Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You can also get a bunch of stuff from stealing in the C-2 and C-3 brackets in the Colosseum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Echophonic posted:

You can also get a bunch of stuff from stealing in the C-2 and C-3 brackets in the Colosseum.

Seapking of, here's the current list of Colosseum monsters to steal some of the rare items from.

Earth's Core
  • C3: Black Widow; Ghoul; Scorpion; Skuldier
  • C5: Searcher

God's Reliquary
  • C2: Wyvern
  • C3: Alraune
  • C5: Treant; Tyrannosaurus
  • B1: Basilisk
  • B2: Basilisk
  • B3: Cactuar
  • B4: Alraune; Bloody Eye
  • B5: Tyrannosaurus
  • A1: Bomb; Balloon
  • A5: Abyssal; Dire Lizard

Heaven's Ash
  • C2: Wyvern
  • C3: Ghoul
  • C5: Tyrannosaurus
  • B2: Primeval
  • A1: Poison Eagle
  • A2: Balaur; Skuldier
  • A3: Ghoul; A3 Mercury Bat

Spiritsand
  • C4: Bas-relief; Toadgre
  • C5: Searcher
  • B1: Desert Sahagin
  • B3: Red Marshmallow
  • A3: Gladilith
  • A4: Bas-relief
  • A5: Epimetheus

Litrock
  • A4: Bas-relief

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got a litrock from one of those demon things in C-4, too.

Huh, cool. If you restore your stamina with lapis, it adds you maximum to your current value. That's downright decent of them.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 28, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Deki posted:

I have no idea where you guys are getting the awakening mats to push anything past 3*. I've ran all of the awakening dungeons at least twice and and haven't gotten the stuff I really need.

Adv mats dungeon and you can also get some items as drops/steals from certain levels and coliseum fights. Mystic Ore can be dropped/stolen from some enemies in Ifrit's dungeon IIRC and stuff like the God's Reliquary can be stolen from some coliseum enemies later on in addition to the adv material dungeon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

baram. posted:

i ran the awakening daily int/adv exclusively outside of daily quests for 2-3 days straight.

yeah I did the same thing. It helped me take 3 units to 5*s.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

My best character is Medius, he's also a DPS that has a trait that makes people attack him, this is quickly going south in A-rank Col.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Why the heck does Firion take 5 of the rare materials and sacred crystals to go from 3* to 4*?

Oh, cool. I got a guy named Montana from the Friend Summon. He gets a Gil +100% ability at 3*. That sounds like it could be handy.

Edit: I don't think it works in the Vortex at all. That sucks. The hell's the point of a passive called Gil Farmer that doesn't work in the gil farming stage?

Edit 2: Beat White Dragon. Had to reset to hit the Paralyze, but turns out having multiple people with Doublecast is pretty strong. Vivi was doublecasting Comet, , Krile was using double Aerora and double Cura, Edgar was using Drill after the initial BioblasterCyan hit the first Blade Bash before switching to Tranquility, and Sabin was using Aura Cannon. No KOs, either. I think a +61 attack Katana will be useful.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 28, 2016

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
How GOOD is the Early Bird bundle in worth, anyway? How much does Lapis and Summon Tickets costs later in the Japanese version?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Cosmic Afro posted:

How GOOD is the Early Bird bundle in worth, anyway? How much does Lapis and Summon Tickets costs later in the Japanese version?

You can see the cost of lapis right now in the Shop menu. 840 lapis with a bonus 160 costs $6.98 USD, whereas the early bird offer is 1000 + 2 summon tickets for what, under $5?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Downloaded the API last night to my samsung galaxy S3 tablet. I'm just past the castle and grabbed the recipe for Magic Keys (gently caress me that's a lot of resources for a single key) and I have a decent assortment of characters from my Lapis and Rare summon tickets (Though at this point I'm gonna save up for the Rare Summon Ticket bundle and save those for later), gotta admit I really like the dynamic between Lasswell and Rain, just unlocked the Colosseum and am ready to farm the gently caress out of it. I'm currently using a level 33 Gaulf as my leader, player ID is 973,199,943.

The characters I HAVE drawn (3*+) are as follows

Ollie (3*)
Edgar (3*)
Rydia (3*)
Penelo (3*)
Kain (3*)
Gaulf (4*)

and am using an Eldin (2*) as a thief and Leah (2*) as my main healer...really hope the Friend gatcha can get me some better characters for those roles.

Eddain posted:

You can see the cost of lapis right now in the Shop menu. 840 lapis with a bonus 160 costs $6.98 USD, whereas the early bird offer is 1000 + 2 summon tickets for what, under $5?

4$, so it's pretty much the best deal in the game right now

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cosmic Afro posted:

It's basically 2000 Lapis for $4.

e: vvv Some 4* units have gotten 5* forms in Japan (though some 5* units got 6* forms). Cyan's not great (or even above average unless you need a paralyze source?) but he's usable for all the current content.

Rate up should be obvious, or mentioned outright on the banner or announcement. People say wait for rate ups because in Brave Frontier usually if a new batch of units came out and didn't mention a rate up then there was no rate up and you'd have the same (low) chance at the new units as you did the old ones. Brave Frontier Global also has had global exclusive units (who, with the exception of 2 or 3 units, range from "that's pretty good" to "holy poo poo that breaks the game*") so I'm wondering if they'll do that again here. I wouldn't mind having Zeruiah in FFBE. :getin:

*literally, in the case of Juno's leader skill in the coliseum

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 29, 2016

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Never played Brave Frontier so this is possibly a novice question - I got 3* Cyan from my first summon. I see he can only be raised up to 4*. Is that always going to be the case?

Also saw people talking about waiting for rate up banners before summoning, will it be pretty obvious on the banner if there's something like that happening?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Some new stuff datamined.

Upcoming bundles (and their banners):
  • Early Bird (current)
  • Awakening Bundle 1
  • Awakening Bundle 2
  • Golden Equipment Package
  • Adamantite Chest
  • Key Master
  • Cactuar Bundle
  • Material Boost Package
  • Potion Package
  • Summon Stone Package
  • Trustmaster Bundle 1
  • Trustmaster Bundle 2
  • Master Summoner Bundle
  • Rare Summon Ticket Package
  • Ultimate Package

No idea on the timeframe for them, however.

The next Units will be Gilbert and Celes

And updated in the Q&A thread:
Where can I farm Magicites? Should I...?
Currently... the "best place" is Dalnakya Cavern's Exploration.
On the first island though, only the first/second tiers of Magicites are farmable.
Waiting for the second island isn't a bad idea.
(Which should come with the game's release)

Keep an eye out for the Lands of Plenty vortex event from 5/30 to 6/3.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Some new stuff datamined.
:words:

So about my last edit...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Brave Frontier Global also has had global exclusive units (who, with the exception of 2 or 3 units, range from "that's pretty good" to "holy poo poo that breaks the game*") so I'm wondering if they'll do that again here. I wouldn't mind having Zeruiah in FFBE. :getin:

*literally, in the case of Juno's leader skill in the coliseum

Included in that data mined stuff is, apparently, the Battle Maiden Lico:
https://imgur.com/a/G7wnX

Battle Maidens were an early, early global exclusive (that eventually ended up in Japan) and they were free farmable units but more than that, they were strong farmable units that went up to 5* when they came in. So if we're getting battle maidens I guess there will be global exclusive stuff.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Dalnakya is great for farming iron ore too

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Kemix posted:

just unlocked the Colosseum and am ready to farm the gently caress out of it.

Enjoy your one battle per hour of farming

Eddain
May 6, 2007
All these FF6 characters but where's Mog goddamnit!?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^ He's probably one of the moogles hanging out in the Farplane area.

Wyverns in the C-2 battles have God's Reliquary as a stealable item. It's a rare item you need for 5* forms of guys like Exdeath.

e: Decided to burn my 2nd summon ticket and got 3* Roselia. Will make for a nice upgrade from Maria but Fina seems like she'll be more useful once we get her.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 29, 2016

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eddain posted:

All these FF6 characters but where's Mog goddamnit!?

I just wish most of them weren't mid tier. I'm incredibly disappointed they didn't program in Shadow to have interceptor do things.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just friended someone with a completed maxed Ex-Death.
Holy crap this guy is an indestructible death dealer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There's now a wiki being set up. There's not a lot there right now, but it does tell you why certain Units are considered good on the Unit Rankings page.

Deki posted:

I just wish most of them weren't mid tier. I'm incredibly disappointed they didn't program in Shadow to have interceptor do things.

Yeah, I've got Cyan, and I'm not too thrilled with him, though at least his techs are easier to use in this game.

Also, your avatar makes me want them to add Disgaea units to the game...

HGH posted:

Just friended someone with a completed maxed Ex-Death.
Holy crap this guy is an indestructible death dealer.

And just think, he can upgrade to 6★ in the future...

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

There's now a wiki being set up. There's not a lot there right now, but it does tell you why certain Units are considered good on the Unit Rankings page.

Yeah, I've got Cyan, and I'm not too thrilled with him, though at least his techs are easier to use in this game.

Also, your avatar makes me want them to add Disgaea units to the game...

Hmm, a little sad to see Shadow all the way at the bottom there, but I can understand why. Least Krile, Vivi and Lasswell are pretty highly rated, so I'll only need to replace him and Biggs in the long run.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I hate to say it but there was a tier list. I don't know why people settled on cyan, sabin, Edgar, shadow. Yeah they are fun characters from ff3 but in a game like this you want to reroll until something good. Even more so if you stay F2P

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zotix posted:

I hate to say it but there was a tier list. I don't know why people settled on cyan, sabin, Edgar, shadow. Yeah they are fun characters from ff3 but in a game like this you want to reroll until something good. Even more so if you stay F2P

*shrug* If this is actually a game where it is absolutely essential to have the strongest units in the game and the only way to get them is to get lucky, cheat, or spend thousands of dollars then it's a game I'm not interested in playing. So far I feel fine and have only dropped $4 so I feel pretty good. If that changes in the future it just means it'll go on the garbage pile with Record Keeper and every other mobile game I've played.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's going to be like Brave Frontier. There will be challenging content and you will likely need a team designed to beat it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It definitely seems like the level of your thief matters for stealing, so max them out.

Also, something I found on Reddit that the game should probably tell you. If you go into Menu, then Options, there is a setting at the bottom that lets you set what team your friend unit is from and what team is your default for the Coliseum. Even tags the teams in your team list.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zotix posted:

It's going to be like Brave Frontier. There will be challenging content and you will likely need a team designed to beat it.

Never played Brave Frontier so that means nothing to me, so let's try a different tact: is this Exdeath or go home?

If it is then I'mma go home, but if there's some wiggle room in there to actually build a team you like instead of just a spreadsheet with big numbers then I'll stick around.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ex death seems great but I don't have him. That being said I have Vaan, Terra, and Garland. One of the top 5, and 3 in the top 10. I'll be good to go for a while. If shadow/ cyan/ sabin is the best you have I'd probably reroll.

The idea is that this is the only pull that you can control. You can continue to reroll until you get a solid choice. You can't say that about your future pulls once you are invested.

That's why most people don't settle for a low tier character.

The other thing is, this game doesn't have typing like Brave Frontier. So you don't need to pull a perfect Ex death. Once you have him you have him.

If you don't want to reroll, save your lapiz until there is a rate up on the summer machine and you have increased chances of not getting 4* poo generic characters.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zotix posted:

Ex death seems great but I don't have him. That being said I have Vaan, Terra, and Garland. One of the top 5, and 3 in the top 10. I'll be good to go for a while. If shadow/ cyan/ sabin is the best you have I'd probably reroll.

The idea is that this is the only pull that you can control. You can continue to reroll until you get a solid choice. You can't say that about your future pulls once you are invested.

That's why most people don't settle for a low tier character.

And I've got a Krile and a Vivi. Not top five but I rather hope 17 and 22 is good enough to get me somewhere. I'm also sitting on 3300 Lapis for whenever the Rate Up drops so I rather hope that will be enough to get me a decent team.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Krile is a good support, and Vivi is decent for now. The problem with Vivi is he's another character capped at 4*, and even now I think is only 5* in JP. You'll be fine but you need to pull when there are good attackers and tanks available.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

His 6* form also gets meteor (and whatever 'evil light' is) and double cast. :getin:

Gonna wreck so much poo poo with 6* Exdeath when it comes out here. Doublecast Meteor for all your AOE overkilling needs.

LornMarkus posted:

*shrug* If this is actually a game where it is absolutely essential to have the strongest units in the game and the only way to get them is to get lucky, cheat, or spend thousands of dollars then it's a game I'm not interested in playing. So far I feel fine and have only dropped $4 so I feel pretty good. If that changes in the future it just means it'll go on the garbage pile with Record Keeper and every other mobile game I've played.

You won't need a team of all top-tier units except for maybe the really hard trial fights and even then that's more if you want to be able to clear those ASAP and with as little hassle as possible. A team of 5 star units in general should cover you for a lot of stuff and Rain/Lasswell/Fina will giver you decent damage/buff/heal coverage in the event that your pulls all suck. We'll also get a free Magitek Terra at launch and while she's only 4* max she'll have some usefulness. Plus if we're going to get the battle maidens like Brave Frontier did it's entirely possible Gumi will make them similarly good here, though they might be capped at 4* (since they capped at 5* in Brave Frontier while 6* units were already a thing (and 4 Serins + Felneus was basically the beginning of the BB spam gameplay which we probably(?) won't see here since these units have actual skills outside of LBs)).

If This game's free/story unit stuff is similar to Brave Frontier's it'll be enough, provided they don't lag behind on updates for said units like they did for awhile in BF Global. Though speaking of Brave Frontier I'm hoping they bring the Seria/Karl/Tilith batch out here at launch because I'll likely burn all the free tickets chasing Tilith since she's a ridiculous healer. How ridiculous you ask? Here's the effects of the last 3 spells she gets in her 5* form:
- AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod & AoE Cure Poison, Blind, Sleep, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse (so basically Curaja + AOE Esuna)
- AoE 2 Turn +40% ATK/DEF/INT/MND
- AoE 3 Turn +40% Fire/Ice/Thunder/Water/Wind/Earth/Light Resist (No idea if this stacks with the Bar- spells, but probably not?)

I think her LB is a single target super cure+esuna and doubles their LB fill rate for 3 turns as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

According to the people who play the Japanese version, it's not necessary to have the top tier characters.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

According to the people who play the Japanese version, it's not necessary to have the top tier characters.

Good to hear, cause the thing that primarily drove me out of Record Keeper was having a poo poo ton of content left to do but having no way of conceivably completing it without using only the units I had 5* Weapons for and the specific, twinked out ability strats the community had come up with (Buff, Retaliate, attack into your retaliatior for eternity, ugh).

Edit: Quick clarification, I didn't hate that those strats existed, just that after a certain point they were basically the only way to continue doing even just the regular missions on hard, much less the high end event stuff.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 29, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

Good to hear, cause the thing that primarily drove me out of Record Keeper was having a poo poo ton of content left to do but having no way of conceivably completing it without using only the units I had 5* Weapons for and the specific, twinked out ability strats the community had come up with (Buff, Retaliate, attack into your retaliatior for eternity, ugh).

FFRK's in the Shout meta period now. If you don't have Shout get it as a RW and unload on bosses with your multi-hit SBs and 4-5 star abilities like Thief's Revenge and Saint's Cross. Even with good gear the U/U+ fights in events can still be hell at times but you can always skip those. :shrug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I can't tell you the last time I played FFRK, so I'm totally lost as to what you're talking about. I'm just sitting here waiting for them to either expand the Beta for this to the next area, or to start a similar limited beta for Mobius Final Fantasy and/or Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō...

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Somebody mentioned Montana's Gil Farmer ability seemingly not triggering during Vortex missions, is that true or was that one dude/lady just mistaken?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are you guys selling maxed out 2* units for Gil? Or only 1*?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Simon The Digger posted:

Somebody mentioned Montana's Gil Farmer ability seemingly not triggering during Vortex missions, is that true or was that one dude/lady just mistaken?

That was me and I tried cactuars with and without him, same values. So I dunno how it actually works.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

A unit capped at 2* will max out with one jumbo cactaur and sell for 15,000. Make sure not to level up a unit that can upgrade to 3* or else the EXP curve will make you feed more than one jumbo cactaur to cap it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm evolving 1* to 2* then leveling then with a gigantaur and selling them afterwards. That gives me credit towards the ascend unit achievements as well and when you hit 30 achievements total you get the recipe for the Hero Ring.

Why's the extra effort? The Hero Ring is a craftable accessory that gives +10% atk/mag damage and it's still a very popular and powerful accessory in Japan. It takes silver(?) ore which we can't get yet but might be available in the 2nd continent and there's speculation that the land of plenty event coming after this weekend could have a chance to drop stuff we need to make it (unless the banner in the news used icons of items that aren't available, like how FFRK keeps using blue magic orbs in banners). If Land of Plenty does actually have a chance to give the ring's materials then people are going to farm the living hell out of the event to make them for their best characters. I'd love to put a pair on Exdeath, especially once he's 5 star and max leveled. Or a second pair on Xiao who's level 58/80 and already over 200atk, hitting things in the arena for 4-5.5k damage with explosive fist.

e: Is the Facebook friends thing still acting weird as hell for anyone else? I've added a ton of people who play the game but I still see between 21-28 facebook friends in the list in game, while my Friend list only shows 29/25.

e2: Poison and paralyze is for chumps, White Dragon down through good old fashion beatdowns thanks to Xiao hitting for 3-4k per turn compared to Exdeath's 1.8-2k -ga spells. Lasswell's biggest contribution was letting me elemental chain/spark Blizzaga twice and Eldin was there solely for the analyze. Murasame get! :toot:

Team:

3* Lasswell lvl 37
5* Xiao lvl 65
4* Exdeath lvl 60
2* Eldin lvl 30
4* Maria lvl 40

Maelstrom's damage is also reduced by guarding (and the only way to have someone survive if targeted by both uses) but nobody got double targeted and Maria's Cura for 5-600 was enough, plus I put regen on a couple people when it felt safe to do so.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 29, 2016

• Locked thread