Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Applewhite is a weird freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

God shot Koko

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
god is a sniper because he hides out of sight and kills people (and gorillas) at random

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
God hates all primates except humans, who shoot each other all the time. I swear, this is a theological conundrum. Shoot the mother.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Shoulda shot the kid

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Shoulda shot the kid

they were zoo cops, not regular cops

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If this were the 30's, we'd have just let nature take it's course.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Serious Frolicking posted:

they were zoo cops, not regular cops

That gorilla was worth more to society than that kid

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

No Mans Land 2 posted:

because he is black?

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

because he is black?

If he was a white gorilla he would have been even more valuable

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

because he is black?

Endangered Species. But honestly by breathing I think that Gorilla contributed more to society then the kid. We should have given the mother to the Gorilla also.

NegroOnlyGloryHole
May 30, 2016

by Shine
Cops kill an animal and everyone goes "ape", cops kill a black child and everyone says "it was his own fault" huh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NegroOnlyGloryHole
May 30, 2016

by Shine

No Mans Land 2 posted:

2edgy4me

tell us more about why the gorilla was worth so much to society :allears:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

NegroOnlyGloryHole posted:

2edgy4me

tell us more about why the gorilla was worth so much to society :allears:

Sure thing, NegroOnlyGloryHole

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

gorillas arent necessarily friendly, but they arent really murderous hatebeasts either. that bad mom is probably gonna talk about how she got a gorilla killed by being inattentive for years. though tbf i would also brag about it if i got a gorilla killed.

wonder if they have to pay for a new gorilla.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
the gorilla was just trying to stand his ground because there was a home invader and look what happened to him... goddamn nobama's America

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
They basically had to shoot the animal. He had already violently dragged the kid around. The gorilla was clearly on edge because he retreated to an area where most people could not see him. Sending in a keeper could easily be taken as a threat. Tranquilizing it would cause a period of violent thrashing around before the drugs took hold.

Not to mention that gorilla could tear the child in half accidentally. If that kid died the zoo would be sued into the ground. Imagine "gorilla tears apart 4 year old and here's the video" going to a jury.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I laughed at the video as they kept praying to god.

These are the kind of people that this happens to for a reason. Poor gorilla.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
A gorilla life is worth 10 human lives

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Source: at one time I was one of the 8 people allowed to access the firearms safe at a large zoo and kid in an exhibit is a nightmare scenario, just a little behind a big cat escaping

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I wonder how many kids at the exhibit will no longer go on to be zoologists because of that scary time when the gunmen blasted a captive animal.

Microwaves Mom posted:

These are the kind of people that this happens to for a reason. Poor gorilla.
In essence, the will of god was actually thwarted in this case.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
what kind of poverty zoo can a 4 year old manage to get into a gorilla enclosure lamo, they probably did that gorilla a favour, death from his 20 foot by 20 foot prison

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

ethanol posted:

I shot the gorilla

But I did not shoot no chimpanzee

This was under apriciated and needed some love.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Bishop posted:

They basically had to shoot the animal. He had already violently dragged the kid around. The gorilla was clearly on edge because he retreated to an area where most people could not see him. Sending in a keeper could easily be taken as a threat. Tranquilizing it would cause a period of violent thrashing around before the drugs took hold.

Not to mention that gorilla could tear the child in half accidentally. If that kid died the zoo would be sued into the ground. Imagine "gorilla tears apart 4 year old and here's the video" going to a jury.

It just a branding issue. Imagine instead, "Time Ape defeats Antichrist; saves humanity" going to jury. :colbert:

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Do it ironically posted:

what kind of poverty zoo can a 4 year old manage to get into a gorilla enclosure lamo, they probably did that gorilla a favour, death from his 20 foot by 20 foot prison
most gorilla exhibits, including the ones at pro tier zoos, are easy to get into if you want. A determined adult can get into almost all of the ones that have an open air component to them and kids can squeeze through a lot of poo poo.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bishop posted:

most gorilla exhibits, including the ones at pro tier zoos, are easy to get into if you want. A determined adult can get into almost all of the ones that have an open air component to them and kids can squeeze through a lot of poo poo.

determined adult, sure, if a dumb poo poo little toddler can get into a gorilla enclosure then your lovely zoo deserves to be sued and shut down

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
The lovely third world zoos ironically don't have the problem because the animals are in tiny cages instead of open air environments

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

phasmid posted:

I wonder how many kids at the exhibit will no longer go on to be zoologists because of that scary time when the gunmen blasted a captive animal.

In essence, the will of god was actually thwarted in this case.

That gorilla was super nice to the kid too. If it wanted to kill the kid it woulda just picked him up and smashed him a few times.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
you can be as pissy as you want but a 4 year old child should not be able to get into a dangerous animal's enclosure and it would be better to shut this podunk place down and spread out the animals to zoos that will actually ensure their safety

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I'd also point out that Cincinnati is always in the top 5 or 10 best zoos in the US. I did not work there but I got paid to go there, amongst others, to see what they were doing

Bishop fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 30, 2016

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The zoo obviously can't responsibly house the gorillas so they should just release the remaining gorillas into the wild known as Cincinnati, Ohio.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
and lol, just lol at people who actually care about the animal compared to a human, a human life >>>>>> dumb animal life

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

It's getting to where you can't even try to feed your kids to a gorilla without everything going absolutely loving nanners.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Why didn't they just trade a bunch of bananas for the kid? I know we don't negotiate with terrorists, but gorillas!?

Was the gorilla a terrorist?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gorilla was endangered apparently....that makes me think they should have tranquilized the gently caress out of it and prayed to Jesus, just like the kids mother did.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was wrong, the gorilla was a critically endangered animal while we already have way too many loving children everywhere like restaurants and at condo pools.

Just replace the child, it's way easier than replacing the majestic gorilla and maybe the parents at the zoo will learn a valuable lesson about not letting their dumb children climb into animal enclosures.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Looks like widdowmaker snipped our Winston again.... Casual.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

I shot the gorilla

But I did not shoot no chimpanzee

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I wanna thank the one and only christian god for putting a bullet through that gorillas brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
maybe if they didnt kill him the kid could have actually had a father

• Locked thread