Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

charging for the replacement value of the gorilla seems fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Three Olives posted:

This was wrong, the gorilla was a critically endangered animal while we already have way too many loving children everywhere like restaurants and at condo pools.

Just replace the child, it's way easier than replacing the majestic gorilla and maybe the parents at the zoo will learn a valuable lesson about not letting their dumb children climb into animal enclosures.

well if anyone can make the case that some humans are a waste of life it's definitely you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Why didn't they just trade a bunch of bananas for the kid? I know we don't negotiate with terrorists, but gorillas!?

Was the gorilla a terrorist?
sometimes. haven't you heard of gorilla warfare?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

that was my kid in the gorilla pit

and if you know me you know I never let my kids play in gorilla pits

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Applewhite is a weird freak.

Yeah he is: a gbs poster that's funny

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Serious Frolicking posted:

because he is black?

The gorilla or the kid?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like the kid not being dead is pretty good evidence that the gorilla wasn't actively trying to kill him.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

you can be as pissy as you want but a 4 year old child should not be able to get into a dangerous animal's enclosure and it would be better to shut this podunk place down and spread out the animals to zoos that will actually ensure their safety

its totally insane. its like white people are so used to not having healthy amounts of offspring they dont even design things to be toddler proof. "hurr if you dont want one of your kids dieing never have more toddlers than parents!" the white man whos on track for extinction within 200 years.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like the kid not being dead is pretty good evidence that the gorilla wasn't actively trying to kill him.

They kept reporting it on the local news that the kid "struggled" with the gorilla for ten minutes.

Yeah, if that gorilla lusted for child death, that kid would have been ripped in two.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
At least they didn't just murder the gorilla for no reason like when they shot that poor baby giraffe in the head in front of a bunch of school children. Anyone remember that story? It was at some zoo in Europe.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

At least they didn't just murder the gorilla for no reason like when they shot that poor baby giraffe in the head in front of a bunch of school children. Anyone remember that story? It was at some zoo in Europe.

thats what happens when you take god out of society

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JiveHonky posted:

They were trying to demonstrate how there had to be a second gunman at the JFK assassination.

The giraffe's long neck exaggerated the back and to the left movement letting even dumbass kids see the truth.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Why does anyone care about gorillas? They're like pandas and rhinos - they're going extinct for a reason. They are too dumb to live.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tenspott posted:

Why does anyone care about gorillas? They're like pandas and rhinos - they're going extinct for a reason. They are too dumb to live.

I wish your posting went extinct

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

While it is a shame that we lost a good friend, know that I am stronger than ever

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
stay safe business gorilla

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
they shot him because he was too beautiful

I mean how do you even compete with that bruh

"you don't"

-harambe, the gorilla that hosed your girlfriend

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 30, 2016

NegroOnlyGloryHole
May 30, 2016

by Shine

yellowjournalism posted:

"you don't"

-harambe, the one your girl's been banging

you want to gently caress an ape

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I have and did

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Harambe and I used to hit up OTR and smash some strange. We'd get our nut on Walnut and paint Newport red.

Rip buddy, you were a soldier of Islam. May paradise welcome you with open arms and may the Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH ) give you true enlightenment

Harambe is... halal bae :rip:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dont want to gently caress apes in general, but id gently caress that one if it hadnt been killed by an inattentive mother

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

i dont want to gently caress apes in general, but id gently caress that one if it hadnt been killed by an inattentive mother

Pm me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Check the gorilla for skittles

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
That gorilla was dragging that kid around like a rag doll lol. Even if the gorilla wasn't a bit aggitated he could have ripped that kid in half without a second thought.

Sucks, but that gorilla had to go.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Acid Haze posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k

But seriously why not even try the tranq darts first? You can always shoot him if that fails... He did no real harm to the kid and he could have killed him instantly.

tranq darts dont work immediately and would you want to be the guy who shot a tranq dart instead of a real bullet and have the kid wind up dead even if the dart had nothing to do with it?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i lust for gorilla death

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

afeelgoodpoop posted:

its totally insane. its like white people are so used to not having healthy amounts of offspring they dont even design things to be toddler proof. "hurr if you dont want one of your kids dieing never have more toddlers than parents!" the white man whos on track for extinction within 200 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnwAFoQ8o1U

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

yellowjournalism posted:

"you don't"

-harambe, the gorilla that banged your girlfriend

what a beautiful gorilla. :rip:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Robo Reagan posted:

tranq darts dont work immediately and would you want to be the guy who shot a tranq dart instead of a real bullet and have the kid wind up dead even if the dart had nothing to do with it?

Even if you inject it directly into the bloodstream, tranquilizer takes a couple minutes to work. If you shoot it into the muscles (like a tranq dart) it could take 10 minutes.

That would upset the gorilla, which would be.. ya know... bad for the child's survivability.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Personally I think they should have shot the gorilla with a grenade launcher.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

personally I think they should've napalmed the gorilla enclosure

NegroOnlyGloryHole
May 30, 2016

by Shine

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Personally I think they should have shot the gorilla with a grenade launcher.

Excelzior posted:

personally I think they should've napalmed the gorilla enclosure

Both of these are terrible ideas that would also have resulted in the death of the child

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NegroOnlyGloryHole posted:

Both of these are terrible ideas that would also have resulted in the death of the child
i think that is the point

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
spray and pray, die gorilla scum

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Not a fan of the racist chat itt. Mods???

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah this isn't like what happened at my zoo where a 2 year fell into the African Painted Dog exhibit, and didn't die from the fall, but rather from getting mauled to death by the dogs. :smith:

Thank god they razed that exhibit to the ground, it was never good to begin with since it was a big gully that they had cheetahs in. Now the cheetahs have a nice flat exhibit nearby.

I wish zoos were better managed, I don't care what people say, they get kids interested in animals that they would never see up close unless they were rich.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Your mother raised you to adulthood I think she can handle a toddler in her enclosure

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i lust for gorilla death

Yet a lusty busty wench yaarrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Sue the police. A gorillion dollars ought to cover it