Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Disappointing Eliminated Team
This poll is closed.
Sixers 5 3.73%
Lakers 4 2.99%
Nets 1 0.75%
Suns 4 2.99%
Timberwolves 3 2.24%
Pelicans 20 14.93%
Knicks 1 0.75%
Bucks 8 5.97%
Kings 1 0.75%
Nuggets 2 1.49%
Magic 0 0%
Jazz 5 3.73%
Wizards 18 13.43%
Bulls 33 24.63%
I'm Happy My Team Missed The Playoffs 11 8.21%
Team Canada 18 13.43%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's lucky he didn't run out of rocks

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hahaha

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:cry:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'd like to be the first to personally welcome metapod

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'd like to be the first to personally welcome metapod

At least I'm with friends :unsmith:

I'm shook right now so I'm gonna step away till I feel better. I'm not dead incase anyone asks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
gently caress off Thunder.

Sonics, bitch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Amazing.

Welcome, Raptors fans.

Also, sadly, welcome Thunder fans.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 31, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

I'm shook right now so I'm gonna step away till I feel better. I'm not dead incase anyone asks

That is a positive way to handle the loss. Hope you can feel comfortable enough to post again soon.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Metapod posted:

We're all shook here. You're among friends buddy :)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I've been shook since the Spurs lost and I've just been re-shook.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Shear Modulus posted:

I've been shook since the Spurs lost and I've just been re-shook.

is this like successive blows to the head? better not watch any more basketball, protect your brain

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
May Steven Adams' posterization of Draymond Green be framed in the halls of Valhalla and never be lost to the sands of time. Rest easy, big funaki, you can fish now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really love Green and the octopus.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Pau better not sign with the Spurs. They need to get younger, not older: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/marc-gasol-continues-to-urge-his-brother-pau-gasol-to-sign-with-spurs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

when reached for comment, pau said YARAHARHGAHRHGAERGAHG

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Maybe he wants to sign for basically free a la David West?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shear Modulus posted:

Maybe he wants to sign for basically free a la David West?

I'd be kind of shocked if P. Gasol signs in a smaller market. Last time he basically told KD he wouldn't go to OKC because they didn't have enough symphonies. I know SA is bigger than OKC but wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in NYC.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
gently caress pau

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spacebump posted:

I'd be kind of shocked if P. Gasol signs in a smaller market. Last time he basically told KD he wouldn't go to OKC because they didn't have enough symphonies.

They do a mean 1812 overture though

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

gently caress pau

Let's not say things we can't take back.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Metapod posted:

gently caress pau

The man's a saint, how dare you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Pau came into okc and was like I like to go to operas and plays. gently caress him, okc has a great theatre scene (opera is lacking)

still love him though

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

gently caress pau

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Pau came into okc and was like I like to go to operas and plays. gently caress him, okc has a great theatre scene (opera is lacking)

still love him though

I think "theatre" is Basque-speak for Euro discotheques, if that helps any.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

I think "theatre" is Basque-speak for Euro discotheques, if that helps any.

Pau straight up loves opera and made Mirotic his opera buddy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nba-team-thats-bullish-on-the-opera-1453392856

this cartoon is preposterous

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Too bad Chris Paul refused to be friends with Pau Gasol despite his best efforts.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

By not being on OKC this year Pau missed out on front-row seats to a modern Greek tragedy.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yall be nice to Pau

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dell Demps approached Danny Ferry with a part-time special advisor role to the Pels and Ferry accepted. Looks like this means ownership is sticking with Demps for at least one more season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That seems like a good signing, if one ignores the emotional components.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

+ strong basketball mind
+ good eye for trades and roster construction
+ Duke legend
- no African in him
- says what you want to hear, but behind closed doors he could be killing you

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I think it was mostly done because Dell was desperate to get some help after his last assistant GM, Tim Connelly, left two seasons ago while Ferry wants to rehab his reputation. Demps and Ferry were apparently "close" and "talked all the time" while Dell was with the Spurs so they were comfortable with each other.

The most important thing about this to me is that it was entirely Demps' idea and decision (i.e. not instigated by ownership) and Ferry reports to him. There is no weird Colangelo setup going on.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

clearly a ploy to help them lure future NBA superstar Tre Demps to New Orleans

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

clearly a ploy to help them lure future NBA superstar Tre Demps to New Orleans

Lol

I still remember him getting screentime as a ball boy on the home broadcasts with Gil and... the white dude whose name I can't remember.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I still feel sad for Monty. :(

The first non-player for any sport I have grown this attached to. Not really worthy of a bump, but I was just reminded of it because the Thunder signed Adrian Griffin to their staff to fill the hole Monty left.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ah drat. Your love for Monty has made me appreciate him as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Ah drat. Your love for Monty has made me appreciate him as well.

He is one of the extremely few people that comes off as a good human in public appearances and in every recounting of him anywhere. I can't remember a thing anyone has ever complained about in how he treated others.

He's a big inspiration of mine though I'm 100% sure he has major faults I would say are "bad" if I knew about them. But, he is the most compassionate real-life person I "know" and I strive to incorporate that aspect of him more in my life.

• Locked thread