Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

Just hit Rank 20 and got 5 more friend slots, so if you've tried me in the past but I was full, now's your chance. Usually have 5* Garland or 4* Vaan as lead.

A feature that was mentioned before and is really easy to overlook: if you go to Menu > Options > Select Party you can set a default party for the arena as well as for your loan-a-friend program. In conjunction with 5 party presets you can have a leveling crew, a hard content crew, your loaner party leader, your arena crew, and a fifth squad that exists for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

WebDO posted:

A feature that was mentioned before and is really easy to overlook: if you go to Menu > Options > Select Party you can set a default party for the arena as well as for your loan-a-friend program. In conjunction with 5 party presets you can have a leveling crew, a hard content crew, your loaner party leader, your arena crew, and a fifth squad that exists for reasons.

Yeah, I'm just not sure what people want more, Garland is a beast, but Vaan can steal.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Gerdalti posted:

Yeah, I'm just not sure what people want more, Garland is a beast, but Vaan can steal.

Always Vaan, non of the content is that hard right now but stealing is priority number 1 to lessen the awaken grind. Will it get better in the full version like are there awakening dungeons higher then adv that will have better drop rates

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Has anyone run the Revenge of the White Dragon vortex fight yet? Is it just the same fight from before but with an energy cost and no fancy Murasame reward?

Gerdalti posted:

Vaan is better because Stealing is very useful. He also gets Full Break which in and of itself will make him more useful than Garland for hard fights.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Managed to pull an Exdeath so I guess I will stick with this for a while (I really hope they add a way to save account other than Facebook). Added name to spreadsheet. 802,579,869

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Getting in on this poo poo.

ID is 233,771,231

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I picked up a few more slots if anyone wants to add me, I'm on the spreadsheet.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Ok if I don't get enough talmonite to awaken my CoD within the next 48 hours, I quit

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Daily login bonus just reset for no reason :/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

m.hache posted:

That's because it's June 1st in Sweden and the daily rewards are monthly.

Garfu posted:

Ok if I don't get enough talmonite to awaken my CoD within the next 48 hours, I quit

If it drops from INT farm INT. I think I've gotten some from coliseum enemies too.

The evo mat grind is definitely the worst part of the game. They actually took the normal, sometimes reasonable, mechanics of these games and decided to ramp it up another notch. Maybe it's overcompensation for the fact that evo mats are extremely quick and easy to get in Brave Frontier. :shrug:

e: I really hope the upcoming maintenance fixes the buggy-as-poo poo friends/facebook stuff. I can friend gift maybe 45-50 people total and my list of friends under the Facebook Invite section still varies between about 15-30 when I know more than 30 facebook friends are playing this. Plus my normal friend list shows 23/25 and I can't add more friends. At least Exdeath just hit lvl 72 and has auto-regen now. Because he wasn't tanky enough already I guess. :black101:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 1, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

m.hache posted:

I had the same thought, but it's the June 1 reward. New month, new rewards.

I'm feeling the pinch on Heaven's Ash, I need a few more to do Kain and still have enough to upgrade Cecil. I mean, not like I'll be taking Cecil to 5* for a while, goddamn he takes a lot of XP to level. I have like 20 Holy Stones and a dozen God's Reliquaries, though!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 1, 2016

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Garfu posted:

I'll trade you the two I got the other day while going for ash and earth cores in exchange for a hero that can go to five stars.

The tier list says Bartz is good but, uh, when? Auto potion is annoying poo poo and he doesn't have any good abilities that I've seen yet...

Eddain
May 6, 2007

WebDO posted:

I'll trade you the two I got the other day while going for ash and earth cores in exchange for a hero that can go to five stars.

The tier list says Bartz is good but, uh, when? Auto potion is annoying poo poo and he doesn't have any good abilities that I've seen yet...

Level 78, 5*.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Whelp I now have 2* Ifrit on farm mode now. That's basically the end of the game for me until official release. I'll just be burning energy on his stage over and over since it's the best Rank XP in the game currently.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

Whelp I now have 2* Ifrit on farm mode now. That's basically the end of the game for me until official release. I'll just be burning energy on his stage over and over since it's the best Rank XP in the game currently.

How much exploration grinding, and in what area, did you do to max out your Ifrit that quickly?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

How much exploration grinding, and in what area, did you do to max out your Ifrit that quickly?

I spent $6.

edit: If i was to do it free, I'd probably do Danakalya caverns, because you can get iron ore from completing it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

I spent $6.

edit: If i was to do it free, I'd probably do Danakalya caverns, because you can get iron ore from completing it.

That place only drops plain magicite and blue magicite so it'd take forever to max out Ifrit that way. You want Earth Shrine for red magicite.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Eh I guess if your sole goal was fire magacite then yeah. I tend to try and do as much stuff as I can in one go.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have two Edgars, one 3 and one 4 stars, what do I do?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Feed the 3* to the 4*. Or put both on your team and level the 3* trust mastery up to 45% and then feed it to the 4*.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

level the 3* trust mastery up to 45% and then feed it to the 4*.

I've kept Vivi in my party ever since I first rolled him mid-May and he's at like 4.8% TM. It's gonna take a long, long, long, long time to get the Trust reward for any premium character.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Garfu posted:

Don't worry guys crisis averted. I got 2 in one run last night, after 30+ runs of nothing. Also I just unlocked C4 so of course I was able to steal 3 more this morning. ajhdsbhfjklasdf

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Love the combat and upgrade stuff in this. Really don't like the exploration stuff at all.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

HGH posted:

I have two Edgars, one 3 and one 4 stars, what do I do?

If the trust mastery bonus is something you'd want two copies of, keep both and put them in your (eventual) trust grinding party. If the reward's something you'd only care to have one of, level both their trust to about 47.5% and then feed one to the other.

Eddain posted:

I've kept Vivi in my party ever since I first rolled him mid-May and he's at like 4.8% TM. It's gonna take a long, long, long, long time to get the Trust reward for any premium character.

People trust farm by mindlessly autobattling the 1 energy starting levels. That way it 'only' takes a few thousand energy. :shepicide:

But for real, while trust rewards can be amazing, there's no need to rush for them unless you're a power gamer and you really want the reward ASAP. For some rewards, especially gear, it can be game breaking to have super gear early on too. Besides, trust mastery grinding is nothing compared to how long it'll take to max out your limit break levels on a character unless you only evolve them after maxxing the LB level of their current rarity, since max level and xp (uses) per levelup increase with rarity.

Garfu posted:

Don't worry guys crisis averted. I got 2 in one run last night, after 30+ runs of nothing. Also I just unlocked C4 so of course I was able to steal 3 more this morning. ajhdsbhfjklasdf

If you ever need farplane dew the C-5 (I think) boss fight was against 4 cutpurses and a master thief, all of whom have it as a rare(?) steal.

That we can even evolve stuff to 5* at all in the soft launch is nice but once we get the next island I think a lot of the rare annoying stuff can be dropped/stolen from enemies there which should make it slightly (but not entirely) less annoying.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Norns posted:

Love the combat and upgrade stuff in this. Really don't like the exploration stuff at all.

I'm kinda the same way. I don't like wandering around for notes just to get into random encounters. Just let me walk along a set path automatically and deal with battles as they come.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

If the trust mastery bonus is something you'd want two copies of, keep both and put them in your (eventual) trust grinding party. If the reward's something you'd only care to have one of, level both their trust to about 47.5% and then feed one to the other.
It's just a Machine Killer passive, so I'll just lump them together.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I hope this next Chamber of Crystals event is good. If it drops both red and blue magicite it'd be amazing, if it only drops regular magicite it'll be meh. And please don't be another exploration dungeon (unless every enemy drops magicite only, then yes please).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well poo poo... I started playing on android using an old tablet I had. I linked the account to my Facebook and decided to switch to mainly playing on my iPhone. I log in and my account is there but all of the crystals I had saved up are gone now...

I sent a support ticket in and I'm guessing if I log into the android version my crystals are there but it's weird that they went missing like that.

Edit: Yeah I loaded up the game on my android tablet and my progress carried over and my crystals where there. I'm not sure why the crystals would be platform specific though.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 2, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eddain posted:

I hope this next Chamber of Crystals event is good. If it drops both red and blue magicite it'd be amazing, if it only drops regular magicite it'll be meh. And please don't be another exploration dungeon (unless every enemy drops magicite only, then yes please).

Man if you hate exploration dungeons you'd better pray we don't get events like the Easter event Japan had. It was an exploration map where you'd find chocobo eaters (they spawned in specific locations depending on if you got set A or B) and you'd fight 1-2 per location and I think there was 5 spots per map, so 5-10 feather per run. It also had harvesting locations that could give out stuff like holy crystals and all 3 tiers of magicite, and it was during a 1/2 stamina event so the dungeon was something like 3 or 4 stamina per run.

The individual rewards (originally) went up to 1000 feathers collected and included rewards like a mythril sword, star quartz, lapis, and some other stuff. They added a few more rewards at 1500 and 2000 or so but IIRC it was just 100-200 lapis or something stupid. There was also rewards given based on the total collected by all players. I forget how many tens of millions of feathers were collected but it gave out about a dozen summon tickets (which got me 12 poo poo units when the FFT units came out).

I collected 1k feathers during the event. :suicide:

MarcusSA posted:

Well poo poo... I started playing on android using an old tablet I had. I linked the account to my Facebook and decided to switch to mainly playing on my iPhone. I log in and my account is there but all of the crystals I had saved up are gone now...

I sent a support ticket in and I'm guessing if I log into the android version my crystals are there but it's weird that they went missing like that.

Edit: Yeah I loaded up the game on my android tablet and my progress carried over and my crystals where there. I'm not sure why the crystals would be platform specific though.

Currency is platform specific in most mobile games. IIRC on android it might even be store specific in some games, like gems bought via the Amazon appstore might not show up if you don't launch the game via the Amazon appstore. The best thing to do is if you have a handful of premium currency on a rarely-used platform, consider using that currency for inventory expansion-type stuff to spend it all and then not worry about it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah they just got back to me and the currency is platform specific. I'm just gonna do 3 pulls and stop using that account for now.

EDIT: On the positive side their support is super quick. So there's that I guess.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 2, 2016

Damegane
May 7, 2013
What's the best location to farm beast meats?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Damegane posted:

Pretty much anywhere or buy it in town

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Damegane posted:

IMO just buy them. You'll slowly accumulate them but at the end of the day you'll need more then you can farm so just buy the rest.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

is it worth ascending the FP characters since they max out so quick?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GB_Sign posted:

is it worth ascending the FP characters since they max out so quick?

Yes, for 2 reason: 1) There's an Achievement for Ascending 60 Units total, and 2) Once you start getting dupes, you Awaken them from 1★ to their 2★ max, then use them to Enhance your exisiting same Units for extra Trust. The game has been raining Eldin all over me, and I have his Trust at 45.7% right now.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Man if you hate exploration dungeons you'd better pray we don't get events like the Easter event Japan had. It was an exploration map where you'd find chocobo eaters (they spawned in specific locations depending on if you got set A or B) and you'd fight 1-2 per location and I think there was 5 spots per map, so 5-10 feather per run. It also had harvesting locations that could give out stuff like holy crystals and all 3 tiers of magicite, and it was during a 1/2 stamina event so the dungeon was something like 3 or 4 stamina per run.

The individual rewards (originally) went up to 1000 feathers collected and included rewards like a mythril sword, star quartz, lapis, and some other stuff. They added a few more rewards at 1500 and 2000 or so but IIRC it was just 100-200 lapis or something stupid. There was also rewards given based on the total collected by all players. I forget how many tens of millions of feathers were collected but it gave out about a dozen summon tickets (which got me 12 poo poo units when the FFT units came out).

I collected 1k feathers during the event. :suicide:

I don't mind exploration maps but it's really pointless to me when it only rewards low level stuff I already have. Like the current Land of Plenty just drops stuff I already have 99 stacks of, the nodes are the same thing except for sometimes dropping blue magicite, and the EXP is crap for leveling up FP characters. If the event had an INT or ADV level I would be running those nonstop.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm not even sure i'll do the magacite dungeon this weekend. Im more or less able to do ifrit 2* with minimal focus and when release comes we will have access to getting better materials easier. I think I'm just going to continue grinding rank at this point.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I had 1500 stones saved up on my android account and I pulled,

Maria 4*
Fran 3*
Luna 4*

Maria is a white Mage so :toot: I guess. She can't go any higher then 4* so that sucks.

rundxdi
Feb 3, 2004

Soup Of The Day

Got in on this -- added myself to the spreadsheet, but to repeat here: ign is Slombo, code 505,228,780.

Is there any easy way on iOS to purchase funds for the earlybird thing? I'd happily pay all of $4 for this, but sweden store doesn't accept my credit card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Zotix posted:

Pretty much anywhere or buy it in town

MarcusSA posted:

IMO just buy them. You'll slowly accumulate them but at the end of the day you'll need more then you can farm so just buy the rest.

Thanks guys, didn't expect it to be that cheap to buy in bulk. Now to level.

• Locked thread