Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Steamworld Heist good for a 5-hourish flight? (10 hours if I count back and forth). I bought romancing saga 2 for android but I just realized I don't think my tablet has a battery life that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Steamworld Heist good for a 5-hourish flight? (10 hours if I count back and forth). I bought romancing saga 2 for android but I just realized I don't think my tablet has a battery life that long.

It's a good ~5 hour game, yeah. Not gonna last you 10 unless you do a NG+ or something though.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Lakbay posted:

Hell yea. It will work for both flights if you get the DLC which just came out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does Mega Man Legacy collection have save states?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Yes.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Capcom has a Spring Sale going on in the eshop. Maybe nothing thrill worthy for the majority, but a nice surprise for those of us who missed SFIV in the Humble Bundle: http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/05/31/capcom-spring-sale-live-north-america/

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nice, $10 is a sweet spot for Mega Man. I'm just a little bummed that they are 110% faithful ports (constant framerate dips, no resolution stretching/filling options.) Save states are godly though, now maybe I'll actually beat 5 and 6 for the first time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
MM Legacy does have a stretch-to-fit option but if you turn it on I will murder you.

Next weeks JP Wii U VC releases: Custom Robo v.2 (N64), Sennen Kazoku (GBA, a strange sorta-life-sim made by indieszero and published by Nintendo)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

enojy posted:

Nice, $10 is a sweet spot for Mega Man. I'm just a little bummed that they are 110% faithful ports (constant framerate dips, no resolution stretching/filling options.) Save states are godly though, now maybe I'll actually beat 5 and 6 for the first time.

Five and six are among the easier ones though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan's getting a big 3DS eShop promotion to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the eShop; 100 games will be "up to 50% off" plus another 10% discount if you have a Nintendo account: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/eshop5th/index.html

The campaign runs from June 7-13 and these are the titles listed (English titles, I'm lazy):

Smash 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates
Mario Kart 7
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
Rhythm Heaven The Best+
Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
NSMB2
Starfox 64 3D
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Calciobit (Nintendo Pocket Football Club)
Fantasy Life Link
Dragon Quest 8
Etrian Odyssey 4
Persona Q
Metal Gear Solid 3
Stella Glow
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Attack on Titan
Famista Returns (Namco baseball game)

Pushmo
Crashmo
Boxboy
Boxboy 2
Dr Mario Miracle Cure
Chibi-Robo Photo Finder
Mario vs DK Minis on the Move
Dillon's Rolling Western
Dillon's Rolling Western 2
Tokyo Crash Mobs
Freakyforms
Sakura Samurai
Fluidity Spin Cycle
Ketzal's Corridors
Harmoknight
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Ironfall Invasion
Chain Blaster
Bike Rider Collection
Battleminer
Witch & Hero
EDGE
Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou (GREAT CAT WAR, popular mobile port)
Daikaitakujidai (ASW budget farm builder?)

F-ZERO (New 3DS)
Super Mario World (New 3DS)
Zelda LTTP (New 3DS)
Earthbound (New 3DS)
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Wario Land
Mario Picross
Mario Picross 2
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Tetris Attack (Yoshi no Panepon)
Zelda Link's Awakening
Zelda Oracle of Ages
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Game Boy Gallery
Game Boy Gallery 2
Kirby's Dreamland
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Kirby Block Ball
Kirby Pinball
Kirby Star Stacker
Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters
Kaeru no Tameni (For The Frog the Bell Tolls)
Trade & Battle Card Hero
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Elevator Action
King's Knight
Hanjuku Hero
Megaman; Dr. Wily's Revenge
Megaman II
Megaman III
Megaman IV
Megaman V
Megaman Xtreme
Megaman Xtreme 2
Puyo 2 (Game Gear)
SMT Devil Children Red
SMT Devil Children Black
Spelunker
Ninja Jajamarukun
Bases Loaded
Ikki
Mystery of Atlantis
Super Dodgeball
River City Ransom
Crash 'n The Boys Street Challenge
Nekketsu High-School Dodgeball Club Soccer (Nintendo World Cup)
Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shuugou (River City Ransom spinoff)

"and more!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Smash and Fates actually get almost 50% in that sale, nice. I really hope we get it, or something similar to it, over in NA...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

MM Legacy does have a stretch-to-fit option but if you turn it on I will murder you.

Next weeks JP Wii U VC releases: Custom Robo v.2 (N64), Sennen Kazoku (GBA, a strange sorta-life-sim made by indieszero and published by Nintendo)

The 3DS version does? I couldn't find it, but I'd at least like to trrryyy it...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That JP promo overlaps with E3, so the rest of us will probably get some kind of E3 promo.

Come to think of it, I wonder if they'll do nindies@home again this year, it went over pretty well last time.

enojy posted:

The 3DS version does? I couldn't find it, but I'd at least like to trrryyy it...

The other versions do but I can't check the 3DS version right now so maybe it doesn't? Oops.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

May someone tell me if there are any cons to the 3ds version of legacy collection compared to original MM 1-6? I remember reading about even more slowdown than normal.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JetpackHowwy posted:

May someone tell me if there are any cons to the 3ds version of legacy collection compared to original MM 1-6? I remember reading about even more slowdown than normal.

It's fine for the most part. The only big issue is Mega Man V runs bad for some reason but it can be fixed by switching to Japanese.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
MM5 has a lot of added slowdown (but Rockman 5 doesn't, so you can play that version) and MM5/6 have extra slowdown during specific sections of each game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Megaman III
Megaman IV
Megaman V
Quick reminder that these games are really good and you should get them!!

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

MM5 has a lot of added slowdown (but Rockman 5 doesn't, so you can play that version) and MM5/6 have extra slowdown during specific sections of each game.

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's fine for the most part. The only big issue is Mega Man V runs bad for some reason but it can be fixed by switching to Japanese.

Oh, that's strange but alright. That is not at all a dealbreaker especially with the current 10 dollar pricepoint. Thanks.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
MyNintendo has two new rewards up, both for Xenoblade. PAL region at least.

• 40% discount for Xenoblade Chronicles N3DS (110 Gold points)
  • 40% discount for Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U (140 Gold points)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Putting Monster Hunter 3 on sale, but not 4, seems like a weird move. Speaking personally, 4 is a superior game in terms of quality-of-life improvements and overall fun. The next sequel's coming out in like 6 weeks, so you'd think that now would be the time to put 4 on sale.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yeah really. There isn't a sale strong enough for me to recommend MH3U over 4U. God forbid anyone has to deal with water controls without a N3DS/Circle Pad Pro. Even still it's a royal pain in the rear end, and 4U is much better anyhow.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

deadly_pudding posted:

Putting Monster Hunter 3 on sale, but not 4, seems like a weird move. Speaking personally, 4 is a superior game in terms of quality-of-life improvements and overall fun. The next sequel's coming out in like 6 weeks, so you'd think that now would be the time to put 4 on sale.
MH3 is on its way to the bargain bin. The Russian eshop key seller permanently axed the price of MH3, Kirby TD and Fantasy Life in half a few months ago.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Spacebump posted:

Was this the case for the old "Anniversary Collection" released a few years back? I have that one for PS2. Not sure if portability is worth the double dip, but a lack of save states in the older release could push me over the edge.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think there were save states in that one. Also this one has original instruction manuals and art galleries and poo poo, it's a nice package.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't know that much about this but I think that the big differences are that the old PS2 collections were emulated and the current collection is a perfect reproduction

But to answer your question no the old ones don't have save states

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

AC does not have save states, LC does. AC is a "good-enough" emulated package while LC is a criteron-collection-esque package that goes for a 100% accurate preservation of the games as they were.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ahhh good to know. Might have to get this one then. Thanks!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
NA's getting Metroid Prime Hunters on VC.

Edit: And N3DS is getting DKC3.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think I know the answer already, but any chance for online Hunters?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think I know the answer already, but any chance for online Hunters?

No online, no local, no point

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Having the touchscreen on a separate controller would make Hunters a lot more comfortable to play for a lot of people so it's a shame it won't have multiplayer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Patter Song posted:

NA's getting Metroid Prime Hunters on VC.

Edit: And N3DS is getting DKC3.

That's the best DKC and it's a day-one purchase for me!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The best DKC with Kiddy Kong, maybe.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

That's the best DKC and it's a day-one purchase for me!

How dare you. Tropical Freeze

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Time to get out your dossier of awesome things about DKC3 to defend it with because you'll have to put up a fight to argue how great it is.

(I really like DKC3 too.)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Proof it stinks: It's made by Rare.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

elf help book posted:

Proof it stinks: It's made by Rare.

Screw you, they made Mr. Pants

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I like DKC2 a little better, but 3 is still a drat good game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Playing MP Hunters on a controller that has two analog sticks sitting right there must feel like an especially ironic form of punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
The new DKCs suck compared to the SNES ones. :colbert: