Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

My favorite store on the Citadel

The Drink
A Million Dollars and a Naked Lady
1 oz of each: Bailey's, Buttershots, Kahlua, Creme de Cacao, raspberry liqueur
Half and half

In a shaker with ice combine ingredients. Shake, strain, and serve. Alt version: put the ingredients into a blender, swap out the half & half for ice cream, either chocolate or vanilla (I recommend Godiva's chocolate raspberry truffle) and a handful of ice cubes. Frappe that poo poo and enjoy your alcoholic milk shake.

Simple version: get an iced raspberry mocha latte from your favorite coffee shop and dump some vodka in that fucker

The Drinking Game
Drink every time we buy something. Unfortunately none of the vendors are selling new livers.

The Episode
We're just running around doing a bit of shopping and providing endorsements. Along the way we punch everyone's favorite reporter. The paragon choice is pretty good here, you dress her down for being a sensationalist rear end in a top hat. But I promised people punching. Plus we've effectively gone rogue and don't need to worry about how it reflects on the Alliance. We also get reinstated as a Spectre which has no effect on the story whatsoever, but it lets us own that stupid gently caress C-Sec guy a little bit harder. And we sell a Krogan a space goldfish. Honestly I think it's the better option, if you tell him the truth he spends the rest of the game depressed about how there are no fish. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
There should have been a Renegade interrupt option to punch the Volus. Or perhaps pick him up and throw him at the C-Sec officer.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Or perhaps pick him up and throw him at the C-Sec officer.
Proof of concept for Volus vanguard :haw:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I dunno about that, I just want to Fastball Special some Volus at NPCs that annoy me in-game. Like that C-Sec officer. And the reporter. And definitely the Turian council member.

:turianass:Ah yes, Colle-:turianass:

*THWACK*

"Do the air quotes again, dickhead. I dare you."

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Andromeda really needs a vanguard volus as a party member. Something I didn't realize until just now.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shepard, puncher and headbutter of assholes across the galaxy!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So I decided to play along with the LP, but I accidentally half the game and now I'm like seven missions ahead. I forgot just how much fun Mass Effect 2 was to go through after playing through it like 9 times on the 360.

Also I have to say, The Citadel battle at the end of ME1 according to the Genesis DLC for ME2 is hilarious. Garrus and Tali doing their best John Woo film impersonations. :v:

Malah
May 18, 2015

Alexeythegreat posted:

Andromeda really needs a vanguard volus as a party member. Something I didn't realize until just now.
Batarian Vanguard as well, please.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Alexeythegreat posted:

Well there is precedent.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I'm really enjoying this (and the previous) LP. I used to game on a Mac, but I've since moved to Linux because I hate myself and never want to have any chance to play the games everyone spends years being excited about. Thanks for doing a hilarious job of traipsing through the Mass Effect universe.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

mdxi posted:

I'm really enjoying this (and the previous) LP. I used to game on a Mac, but I've since moved to Linux because I hate myself and never want to have any chance to play the games everyone spends years being excited about. Thanks for doing a hilarious job of traipsing through the Mass Effect universe.
I'm glad you're having a good time. Doesn't Steam play OK with Linux? I know you can get the first 2 games there.

Next update's ingredients:
Jack Daniels
sweet & sour mix
bitters (your choice)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jailhouse Rock

Sour, bitter Jack
2 oz Jack Daniels
Bitters
Sweet & Sour Mix

Add ingredients to a rocks glass with ice.

Simplified version: Dump whatever booze in some lemonade. Note to our UK friends: Lemonade in the US is not lemon/lime soda. It's lemon juice with sugar added (or more commonly, some goddamn powder).

The Drinking Game
Drink every time someone mentions Jack.

The Episode
We chat a bit with Kasumi, give Rupert his foodstuffs, then head off to a prison ship to recruit a convict named Jack. We don't know, well, jack about Jack. I'm not sure why Cerberus would think it a good idea to add a space-felon to the team. In a completely unforeseen twist the ships' warden, Kuril, decides to start poo poo. It also turns out Jack is a :j: . And apparently has some history with Cerberus, too. Along the way we kill a bunch of dudes and are indirectly responsible for the deaths of thousands. Just a day's work.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Boob strap technology is so incredibly advanced in the Mass Effect universe. Truly a golden age.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm getting " this video is not available " did one of your songs get flagged in Canada?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I've had the same problems with a couple of videos, in my case it's because I was trying to watch them on a mobile device. They play just fine on my TV or PC. Casualties of youtube's system of copyright/advertising/device systems I guess.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Jack is such a lovable girl :swoon:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If by lovable you mean mildly annoying. Oh, Jack is so powerful, except only in cutscenes. Oh, Jack is such a badass, by cursing and being totally dark and edgy. gently caress piss pussy gently caress. Edgy. poo poo. Yeah. Edgy as gently caress.

Anyway, it looks like vanguards could use a decent melee attack to follow up all those wonderful charges with.

Very suitable music choice for the mission. :allears:

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

Poil posted:

If by lovable you mean mildly annoying. Oh, Jack is so powerful, except only in cutscenes. Oh, Jack is such a badass, by cursing and being totally dark and edgy. gently caress piss pussy gently caress. Edgy. poo poo. Yeah. Edgy as gently caress.

To me she's like a snarling chihuahua.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

grimlock_master posted:

To me she's like a snarling chihuahua.
That's... not a bad description. :roflolmao:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Biotic Tourettes turret

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SystemLogoff posted:

I'm getting " this video is not available " did one of your songs get flagged in Canada?
It's possible, does Canada hate ABBA?

As far as Jack goes, I don't mind her. She's got a bit too much "told u i was hardcore" going on, but her arc is decent. Also it's kind of fun to have someone around that really just doesn't give a gently caress. It's kind of surprising that they didn't make her romanceable for FemShep, since the only other SS option is Kelly, who doesn't really count (at least not for the achievement).

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

SubponticatePoster posted:

:clap: for ABBA.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

As far as Jack goes, I don't mind her. She's got a bit too much "told u i was hardcore" going on, but her arc is decent. Also it's kind of fun to have someone around that really just doesn't give a gently caress. It's kind of surprising that they didn't make her romanceable for FemShep, since the only other SS option is Kelly, who doesn't really count (at least not for the achievement).

You can also be absolutely, staggeringly evil to Jack if you want to.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

You should pull a dscruffy1 and make a Content ID-friendly version of the video where you sing the song yourself

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I think Jack being a woman was a more lukewarm reveal than they intended. My reaction like 6 years ago was more of an o.k. versus the astonishment of your party, save the the bemused "that being is smaller than the reputation would suggest" of legion.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alexeythegreat posted:

You should pull a dscruffy1 and make a Content ID-friendly version of the video where you sing the song yourself
I think people are already drinking enough in these videos, I don't want to push them into full blown alcohol poisoning!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

Take a shot whenever the singing is off key? :v:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Alexeythegreat posted:

Or use a midi version with Panzer doing the "pew pew" sound effects.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I find it really odd that Abba is considered disco. Here in Sweden it isn't. Although they are pretty much their own genre here so maybe that's why. But still, the only thing really disco about them are some of their outfits, at least in my opinion.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Thesaya posted:

I find it really odd that Abba is considered disco. Here in Sweden it isn't. Although they are pretty much their own genre here so maybe that's why. But still, the only thing really disco about them are some of their outfits, at least in my opinion.

Does Your Mother Know is an odd ABBA song. Bjorn is singing lead, instead of the female leads. For the song, it's as least as disco as Electric Light Orchestra was disco.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
As someone who was actually alive during the 70s everything back then was disco :colbert:

Arguably the capstone of disco is Saturday Night Fever, which was released in 1977. Seeing as Hollywood is at least a couple of years behind reality in capturing the zeitgeist, the scene probably started in earnest around '75. It was so ubiquitous that Ethel loving Merman did a disco album. Also I always refer to "I Was Made For Loving You" as Disco KISS.

Pretty much anything released as upbeat popular music between '76 and '81 had the disco aesthetic unless it was strictly genre like country. The soggy ballads common to the time did not.

And ELO definitely had a disco-ish phase; see the soundtrack for Xanadu, which was riding the dying gasp of the style. It was just disco on roller skates.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

YouTube also has rules about showing crimes against humanity so that might be why sweden's great shame was filtered

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

MA-Horus posted:

YouTube also has rules about showing crimes against humanity so that might be why sweden's great shame was filtered

Shame? Where on earth have you gotten the idea that we are ashamed of Abba? With the exception of the progg movement att the time I can't think of anyone feeling ashamed of them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Too much Abba-chat, not enough Abba. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEjLoHdbVeE

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

my dad posted:

:lol: that's blocked for me

e: I unironically love ABBA. I liked them in highschool when it was definitely not ok to like them, then a couple of years later ABBA Gold got released and suddenly everyone thought they were the poo poo again. I was a mixture of :argh: and :smug: at all the people who gave me crap.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 6, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

How is he tactical cloaking as a volus vanguard?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Kurieg posted:

How is he tactical cloaking as a volus vanguard?

Light Melee.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

my dad posted:

Also awesome covers of Abba songs. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mudeZ089sA

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

:lol: that's blocked for me

e: I unironically love ABBA. I liked them in highschool when it was definitely not ok to like them, then a couple of years later ABBA Gold got released and suddenly everyone thought they were the poo poo again. I was a mixture of :argh: and :smug: at all the people who gave me crap.

It's not blocked here in Germany, but it is in the USA? What kind of witchcraft is this? And why is it legal to block the songs of one of the best music groups of all times?

It's great that there are so many ABBA fans in the Mass Effect thread of all places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I think people are already drinking enough in these videos, I don't want to push them into full blown alcohol poisoning!

Irrelevant, you should do it anyway.

• Locked thread