Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what were you guys watching tonight?
This poll is closed.
Game 7 of the NBA Western Conference Finals 39 19.31%
Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals 17 8.42%
WWE Raw, why would you even ask this on a wrestling subforum I don't even 19 9.41%
runs back up the ramp 127 62.87%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Rob posted:

Now he is wacky comedy face who gets beat up all the time.

Yeah, it's really wrecked any momentum he ever had. (Well, losing a match because of a full-torso vaporous apparition did that.) He basically needs to turn heel, snap and start destroying everything in sight, like a modern Ken Shamrock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

exploding mummy posted:

The journalist who broke the Lesnar news was stripped of his credentials during the UFC fight last night, kicked out of the building before the main event, and told that he and his journalism team were "banned for life".

how DARE you people tell FACTS to plebeians get out of here before my hired suits can't use any of their ideas to sell Diverticulitis Village shirts to poors with credit cards!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Timby posted:

Yeah, it's really wrecked any momentum he ever had. (Well, losing a match because of a full-torso vaporous apparition did that.) He basically needs to turn heel, snap and start destroying everything in sight, like a modern Ken Shamrock.

And then Roman Reigns can pin him clean after one spear and look super strong, which will finally get him over and definitely won't backfire. Somebody tell Vince.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

this time next year Ambrose will be teaming with R Truth and being stuck in a feud with the Shining Stars (of Puerto Rico)

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
The Dirty Truth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

exploding mummy posted:

The journalist who broke the Lesnar news was stripped of his credentials during the UFC fight last night, kicked out of the building before the main event, and told that he and his journalism team were "banned for life".

UFC apparently no place for the basic reporting that takes place in the realm of...basically every other sport and fake-sport, I guess.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A fitting rehabilitation for Dean Ambrose: Flattened into a garbage can by The Lone Wolf, never seen on television again after teetering out of the arena on his fingers whilst still cartoonishly shaped as garbage can

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Oh Snapple! posted:

UFC apparently no place for the basic reporting that takes place in the realm of...basically every other sport and fake-sport, I guess.

he was the host of a Fox UFC show and got canned before this even happened

so yeah

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Vertical Lime posted:

doesn't dana know there's only one vince mcmahon

even vince hasn't banned dirtsheet writers from events. dave gets press credentials for wwe poo poo all the time and iirc alvarez gets comped tickets whenever raw hits seattle

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

They told Bryan if he ever did that thing where Craig ruined the shot again they'd stop comping him tickets

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
My interest in UFC is fleeting at best, so I keep thinking y'all mean the other Dana. It makes this all much more exciting.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That DICK! posted:

A fitting rehabilitation for Dean Ambrose: Flattened into a garbage can by The Lone Wolf, never seen on television again after teetering out of the arena on his fingers whilst still cartoonishly shaped as garbage can

This takes place on the pre-show for...let's say Survivor Series, which has become so pointless they even forgot to do a Survivor Series match last year..

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

WWE burnt through credible heels with Cena alone, how quickly are they going to go through people with Cena and Reigns.

How quickly can they buy everyone in TNA/Japan and rush them through NXT?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

This takes place on the pre-show for...let's say Survivor Series, which has become so pointless they even forgot to do a Survivor Series match last year..

not that survivor series isn't pointless, but they've used the ppv for things other than a survivor series match before. there was also a tournament in 98 and it was used to debut the elimination chamber in 02

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Oh Snapple! posted:

They did a survivor series match last year

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

exploding mummy posted:

They did a survivor series match last year

I actually forgot because it was so clearly a "loving whoops" moment where they threw a thing together at the last moment.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

dean ambrose is 100% completely able to be rehabilitated into a main event contender however people are conflating 'is able' with people saying 'wwe will do it' which they will not

source for rehabilitate-ness: dolph ziggler is piece of idiot garbage forever but he kicked a dude in his wiener and all u loving idiots are like "lol ziggler is good???"

MotU I respect your candor and acknowledge there's a 99.99% chance you are right but I will not give up on My Boy Dean's future prospects and I hope you can appreciate that. :)

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
If kicking a dude in the dick isn't gonna rehabilitate your image then why even have dicks.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

I actually forgot because it was so clearly a "loving whoops" moment where they threw a thing together at the last moment.

Then in the days after Survivor Series, they started a stable warfare with Roman and Friends, the Wyatts, the foreigners who had a team nickname that I can't remember, also apparently the ECW reunion thing 15 years after ECW died. Like they couldn't have rushed that like they rush everything else and done THAT at Survivor Series?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How dare you imply The Dudleys/Neville/Titus/Goldust vs The Ascenion/Stardust/Miz/Bo Dallas is a forgettable or thrown together match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

But that's the thing. His psycho tweener thing would suck because he just gets beat up anyway and then does some prop comedy routine. I think he needs some edge back to him and just needs to go full heel. I always liked when he was Johnny moxley because he was just a dirty poor kid who fought to survive. Now he is wacky comedy face who gets beat up all the time.

It's a drat shame Regal can't go anymore because their FCW feud was pure magic.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is why the match killed him, actually.

It made a lot of folks finally realize that, as said, WWE has no interest in making Ambrose a big name and that they will continue to book like it. Thus folks have continued to divest themselves of interest.

This. This is me. I loved Ambrose. HHH and him was a blatant filler feud but it worked. They both looked good. Heading into wrestlemania we all knew he would lose. This is WWE. All I asked is they make it good. The path to Wrestlemania they built up those little nods as former hardcore guys gave him the rub. Foley even talked about how it was a moment. Some people thought he might win because of weapons and go crazy. If they had people would have gone insane. That would have put him up at the top. I figured he would go out and get brutalized at first but refuse to give up. Brock would get amused and cocky and then Ambrose would pick up weapons and go to town. Brocks own ego would let Ambrose get the advantage and Ambrose would go to the next level once he got it. It would be brutal and bloody and he wouldn't even try to pin Brock. Ambrose would only desire blood and would get it. I figured he would go and go and when Brock would get some suplexes and f5s in, Ambrose wouldn't still quit. It would culminate in some insane spot that would be caused by Dean Ambrose's own bloodlust and insanity. It would fail and Brock would just barely get that pin and get the hell out of dodge. Afterwards Paul Heyman would gloat over the win but would always dodge the Ambrose thing. Maybe even do everything in his power to dodge the man himself. Ambrose would not be a wrestling icon per se this way but a hardcore icon. That would cement that this was his type of match and he was THAT guy. Logical progression considering the build. Hell that could lead to Roman becoming more hardcore to defeat Brock as he's a shark smelling blood in the water. Roman becomes more brutal and less whiny winning over some smarks and legitimises his push just a little. Brock still looks like the end champ monster BUT there is a weakness. He came close so it could happen, but who will do it? That builds up Roman when he beats him. I'm just a dude that doesn't work for WWE but that sounds fairly good eh? Seems like something people paid and deeply entrenched in the world of wrestling might also consider or at least do a variant of.

Instead we got what we got. I might be wrong, but it seemed like they wanted the only spot fest to be the Shane match so they toned down Ambrose. Instead of ANY hardcore action type we had an almost squash match that anyone could have watched on Raw. People say Al Snow but it did remind me of Al Snow going against someone big during Al Snow's glory days on Raw. He would get a couple of good shots in being his crazy self but then it was kick-bam-Stunner or Rock Bottom or Chokeslam. All the fault was on booking. Again, I might be wrong but it felt like they didn't give one poo poo to their own build up for him. They needed to keep Shane hardcore by cutting the balls off Ambrose's match. They didn't want any other big victories on this night as it was Roman's night. Ambrose wasn't the only one hit by this but they didn't care enough about him to make any adjustments. So he had a basic low tier raw match. He doesn't matter. None of the wrestlers matter. None of the fans matter. Not even logical progression, story or money from possible merchandise sales matter. The only thing that matters is the whims of some senile old man whose last best days are well behind him.

I devoted a ton of words but really I'm not that upset. I can and do watch a ton of other things. I enjoy watching some of the guys working. I hope they are getting paid. Ambrose is just a symptom of the problem, but still, every time I see his face it just reminds of the typical wwe bullshit. It's not a big thing but I do groan and fast forward on his skits. The guy is the new Adam Rose to me. If I hear they do something different I'll watch him again but really don't expect much. I don't really dislike the guy... just don't see him getting anywhere so what is the point? He even seems to be giving less of a poo poo in most of his matches. Don't blame him. What's the point? WWE will do what they want. Nobody can change that.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 6, 2016

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Does anyone think the problem with Dean/Brock was that Brock didn't seem to give a gently caress?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Stroker Ace posted:

Does anyone think the problem with Dean/Brock was that Brock didn't seem to give a gently caress?

neither of them gave a gently caress and tbh I can't blame them

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I suppose that would've been a problem, however, no one else gave any fucks either.

The treatment Ambrose has gotten has done more to sour me on the current product than anything Roman Reigns could ever say or do. The fact that they had to kill this awesome little side show that helped pass the time between cuts with Roman being boring because he was more over than they wanted tells me they don't want me. Which I suppose would be hurtful and offensive if WWE was a person instead of a massive commercial trying to sell me poo poo.

So I'll just watch all the cool indie guys until they gently caress them all up too, but by the time they do that there will be more cool indie guys to get hosed up to watch.

Your product sucks Vince, WCW should've won.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Needs More Ditka posted:

I suppose that would've been a problem, however, no one else gave any fucks either.

The treatment Ambrose has gotten has done more to sour me on the current product than anything Roman Reigns could ever say or do. The fact that they had to kill this awesome little side show that helped pass the time between cuts with Roman being boring because he was more over than they wanted tells me they don't want me. Which I suppose would be hurtful and offensive if WWE was a person instead of a massive commercial trying to sell me poo poo.

So I'll just watch all the cool indie guys until they gently caress them all up too, but by the time they do that there will be more cool indie guys to get hosed up to watch.

Your product sucks Vince, WCW should've won.

That's literally what WCW was doing, though

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

That's literally what WCW was doing, though

I'm only up to December 1995 in Nitro, give me some time before my heart is broken.

(I thought WCW's thing was not caring about the midcard, not actively loving it over)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Put Brock in the MitB. Even if he just suplexes a ladder with some Owens on top who then falls onto a horizontal ladder breaking it in half it may be fun.

Or have him be in the Elimination Chamber with Bray or something. At some point he either just busts out or breaks Bray's chamber and they go at it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brock suplexes people into the form of a ladder and climbs it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

MotU I respect your candor and acknowledge there's a 99.99% chance you are right but I will not give up on My Boy Dean's future prospects and I hope you can appreciate that. :)

the only real outlook you can have that incorporates a positive WWE experience is if you always say "but what if....!" so i mean you can only either keep on keeping on for your favorite dudes or dehumanize yourself and face to big show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gimme more Kane! 🔥🔥🔥

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Gimme more Kane! 🔥🔥🔥

I'm down for Kane King of Indie Flippy Guys on SmackDown! (even though that's probably going to be Cena)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NienNunb posted:

Gimme more Kane! 🔥🔥🔥

Yeah

I liked Ambrose, but his actual offense just got to be utter poo poo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

MotU posted:

the only real outlook you can have that incorporates a positive WWE experience is if you always say "but what if....!" so i mean you can only either keep on keeping on for your favorite dudes or dehumanize yourself and face to big show

I enjoy The Big Show.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

exploding mummy posted:

Yeah

I liked Ambrose, but his actual offense just got to be utter poo poo

Everybody has fallen more and more and more into the "Get your five moves in, in this order" with the setup spots getting more and more obvious. Some guys can kinda pull it off, but Dean being constrained to that just doesn't work for him.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
what if kane and big show get split up in the draft

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Bard Maddox posted:

what if kane and big show get split up in the draft

then both shows will be good

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Push Bo Dallas

This is from a while back, but it needs to be said again. Loudly and often.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Kawalimus posted:

Ambrose is finished in terms of ever being a big name in WWE. Losing to Lesnar in the fashion he did killed any chance he had at that.

Yeah Dean was one of my favorites but he's been chumped so many times that he's in Eugene or Santino territory for me. I don't even both catching any of his skits or matches anymore because in WWE, he's a nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GrimGypsy posted:

Everybody has fallen more and more and more into the "Get your five moves in, in this order" with the setup spots getting more and more obvious. Some guys can kinda pull it off, but Dean being constrained to that just doesn't work for him.

Yeah dean was never a spot wrestler in the indies. He was always better at psychology and in ring storytelling.

• Locked thread