Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You can't rape your slaves for 30 days sorry warriors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

paul_soccer10 posted:

stop screaming at me

I'M NOT SCREAMING AT YOU!!!

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Wendigee posted:

Oh drat drat drat bloody drat :(

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think sunni islam is correct personally, to the poster who asked

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I think no Islam is correct personally

or religion in general

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Business Gorillas posted:

i hope you will fast from posting

Hey baby.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lichy posted:

or religion in general

tell me more

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I think whatever the opposite of everything Saudi Arabia does is correct

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

paul_soccer10 posted:

tell me more

read more at https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism !!!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this happened on 9/11 reach your own conclusions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca_crane_collapse

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Wendigee posted:

*takes off dildo helmet and slams it to the ground*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wendigee posted:

are you a sunni or a shite? m8?

if i had to choose i would probably be a shiite because ive always liked and identified with the underdog and they are even more hardcore than catholics in terms of the glory of martyrdom bloodrain poo poo which sounds pretty cool

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

this thread is headed to a gas chamber very soon wow guys wow.

such racist much

:doge:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On 11 September 2015, a crawler crane toppled over onto the Masjid al-Haram, the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. 111 people were killed and 394 injured

The accident has been cited as the deadliest crane collapse in modern history, with the previous most deadly incident being the collapse of a construction crane in New York City in 2008, killing seven people.[16]

holy moly

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Bismuth posted:

I think whatever the opposite of everything Saudi Arabia does is correct

Yeah. Saudi Arabia sux.

Dig King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud's visit to Britain :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RXMzXlQlw

:lol:

BBC News posted:

"King Abdullah may not be a head of an evil Empire, but his visit is mired in controversy"

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
God is great

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Wendigee posted:

such racist much

islam is not a race. idiot.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Zorodius posted:

God is great

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
unless we're talking race to the bottom SLAM

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

paul_soccer10 posted:

On 11 September 2015, a crawler crane toppled over onto the Masjid al-Haram, the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. 111 people were killed and 394 injured

The accident has been cited as the deadliest crane collapse in modern history, with the previous most deadly incident being the collapse of a construction crane in New York City in 2008, killing seven people.[16]

holy moly

Well poo poo, they should be renamed Texas because they do everything big!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZH4d0a3IM

Gollum lives!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
what happened to all the muslim goons? did they all get banned? pretty problematic imo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Mange Mite posted:

what happened to all the muslim goons? did they all get banned? pretty problematic imo

I think they were all gimmick trolls to be honest and got bored when dare was running a train on GBS

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Lichy posted:

unless we're talking race to the bottom SLAM

I SLAM FOR ISLAM

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Lichy posted:

or religion in general

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Time for dinner Namaste y'all!

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Bismuth posted:

Ramadan is when muslims dont have fun (eat/drink/smoke/gently caress) between sun up and sun down for an entire month, for some reason. I think you get out of it if you're on your period or pregnant so basically its the only time of the year that muslim women get the best deal out of their religion.

The old, the ill or unhealthy, the pregnant, and kids up to a certain age don't have to follow, as far as I know.

Bismuth posted:

What genius came up with the idea of a fast where you cant drink water during the hottest part of the year? Like what did they do before air conditioning, just die?

Also what about Muslims too poor to go to mecca, I'm sure there have got to be a lot of them that cant afford the time off work/plane tickets/etc, that must just suck. Is there some leeway for them?

I can't remember properly, since it was over a decade ago when I read a book about it, but I think Ramadan might have (as with several things in Islam) been appropriated from an earlier pre-Islam tradition. Muhammad's butthurt and taking Mecca and the kaaba to spite the locals and incorporate it as part of his new religion is a key piece of that appropriation tradition.

I've read some articles that Saudi Arabia sponsors flights in Muslim countries for the poor, using the (money saving) idea that since they are poor, if they send the most able-bodied male or most senior males in a family (like 3-4 generations under one hut roof) that the rest of the family will get the blessing of the hajj. That's how all these poor Indonesians, Bangladeshis and random African-countrymen end up in Mecca.

Saudia Arabia sponsors a lot of these types of things, but also put their money into building madrassahs into poor or rural areas to help flare that Wahhabist flame. I lived for a bit in a small town in India and I often passed by an elegantly constructed, but technologically lacking, madrassah that had a big "PAID FOR BY THE KINGDOM OF SAUDIA ARABIA" and the name of whoever royalty donated the money to build it. No surprise that area had some bombings by Muslims later. Pretty much anything related to the extra-crazy brand of Islam has Saudi money behind it.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Zorodius posted:

God is great

god needs to lose some weight

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wendigee posted:

such racist much

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Volcott posted:

I don't think it was an outright ban, but they did try to dissuade people from some African country from coming because of the 'bola. Also, I think they blame the Black Muslims for stampedes and whatnot on the regular.

Edit: big dumb Meccaclock.

That clock is monstrous. Here is a view of it, at the same scale to other famous clocks.

As far as the fasting part, I have quite a few Muslim students. Luckily, it's the end of the school year, and P.E. has stopped having the kids do anything strenuous, because inevitably, so kid would get sick and have to go to the nurse, because of the fasting and exertion.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jenner posted:

Blessings to you and your family during this most auspicious time. May Allah bless you with an easy fast inshallah.

How are you planning to spend this blessed month GBS?

can i get an allah akbar?

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

Wendigee posted:

You can't drink water during the day either enjoy your hangover!

most don't brush their teeth for a month either :smith:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I hope a giant crane doesn't fall on the poor pilgrims and squish them again. That was tragic.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
heh

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Billmac posted:

Whats the reasoning behind that

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Fasting is dumb and bad for any reason.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
no see god wants you to suffer because he is so merciful I am a religious scholar

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Billmac posted:

Ew

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless