Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Gorson posted:

How do these things keep getting in my trailer?

lol that Duc tail on the hawk is loving perfect.

What's the front fairing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

lol that Duc tail on the hawk is loving perfect.

What's the front fairing?

Best I can tell, it's an RC45 (RVF750). They're fiberglass so probably an Airtech kit. No dual headlights though, it has what appears to be a F2/F3 headlight.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Kinda looks like an old VFR fairing, well, reminds me of it anyway.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Shimrod posted:

Kinda looks like an old VFR fairing, well, reminds me of it anyway.

They're very similar bikes. V4, SSSA. The VFR we are most familiar with is the sport touring version of the RC30 and RC45.

RC45:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's the best looking hawk I've ever seen, holy crap. Of all the nakeds I never would've picked that one for looking good with a fairing but that's just amazing.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

The Tuono found a little colormatched friend today :3:

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Do they still have that h2 in the showroom?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Angryboot posted:

Do they still have that h2 in the showroom?

I didn't browse too much but I only noticed a Z1000

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Slavvy posted:

That's the best looking hawk I've ever seen, holy crap. Of all the nakeds I never would've picked that one for looking good with a fairing but that's just amazing.

Normally I don't like yellow but the Duc yellow is stunning. Once I unfuck a few things the PO hath hosed I'll take some more pictures.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Here's a picture of it I found on a Phillipino site, someone using it as inspiration :v:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

They're very similar bikes. V4, SSSA. The VFR we are most familiar with is the sport touring version of the RC30 and RC45.

RC45:

Still the best-looking Japanese bike of all time, IMO. The only one that comes close is the ZX7-RR which is loving hideously ugly and yet still good looking:

This one belongs to a friend of a friend on Facebook, he's spent an obscene amount on it apparently.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

sky shark posted:

I don't know exactly why but I really enjoy seeing pictures of bikes with Pelican cases mounted onto them.

Then you'll like this pic of my Transalp from this week from my first time camping on my own (long story) in VT

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"Paper crafting" class. Yeah that sounds like Vermont.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love that this is practically my backyard.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Still the best-looking Japanese bike of all time, IMO. The only one that comes close is the ZX7-RR which is loving hideously ugly and yet still good looking:

This one belongs to a friend of a friend on Facebook, he's spent an obscene amount on it apparently.

:fap:

I miss the days of chunky supersports. 90's bieks best bieks.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Just throw Scott Russel on that thing with his badass neon feathers helmet, Muzzy racing stickers and fuckkkkkkkkkin 90s

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

90's ZX-7RRs will go down in history as classics is my guess. They are some drat fine looking bikes.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Just think, the 916, zx-7RR, and RC45 were all on tracks at the same time in WSBK/region superbike classes. Im so hard thinking about it

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Just got a new (to me) off-road machine for summer, 03 DRZ400e. Now I understand why everybody parks their vehicles outside; there's no room in these tiny garages :argh:

Later Edit: Took it outside today, whooo...

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 8, 2016

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New bike day! 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Virgil Vox posted:

Just got a new (to me) off-road machine for summer, 03 DRZ400e. Now I understand why everybody parks their vehicles outside; there's no room in these tiny garages :argh:

Later Edit: Took it outside today, whooo...

Reminds me of the area around my hometown (FLG) in AZ. Kind of miss that place once every couple years then the feeling passes.

Edit - derp close enough.

advion fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 9, 2016

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

dema posted:

I love this bike and its color scheme. Congrats on your new ride!

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
Got baby's first biek today. I've just been sitting on it in my garage since getting home (no gear yet, it's coming tomorrow). Having a friend who's been riding for a few years teach me the basics this weekend and taking the MSF course at the end of the month. Super stoked about getting another expensive hobby.

Also, thank god I got off of the TU-250/Cafe style kick I was on last summer when I was also mulling over getting a bike.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Label Facing Right posted:

Got baby's first biek today. I've just been sitting on it in my garage since getting home (no gear yet, it's coming tomorrow). Having a friend who's been riding for a few years teach me the basics this weekend and taking the MSF course at the end of the month. Super stoked about getting another expensive hobby.

Also, thank god I got off of the TU-250/Cafe style kick I was on last summer when I was also mulling over getting a bike.

You'll love that bike to bits. Good choice.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Just for giggles, if the school your going to has the tu-250 available try to ride one. It's pretty much the rubber stamp motorcycle, completely boring and neutral in every way. It's actually a great non-intimidating learner bike.
If they have a Yamaha TW-200, go for that, those things are a laugh riot and are cheat mode for the u-turn box.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

dema posted:

Hate to break it to you, but that's a Street, not a Speed. :P

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Guess I subconsciously really want that single side swing arm. :saddowns:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Skreemer posted:

Just for giggles, if the school your going to has the tu-250 available try to ride one. It's pretty much the rubber stamp motorcycle, completely boring and neutral in every way. It's actually a great non-intimidating learner bike.
If they have a Yamaha TW-200, go for that, those things are a laugh riot and are cheat mode for the u-turn box.

Got a Grom for the second day of my safety class. Amazing compared to the Yamaha 250 cruiser they had me on the first day.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I thought the Tu250 was a complete loving turd when I took my MSF. I never stalled the nighthawk 250 the day before, but on my second day that loving Tu250 got stalled about 15 times. Fueling at low rpm was miserably jerky too.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I was on a Rebel for my safety class. It was still cool to me, though, having never been on any other motorcycles to compare it against.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Day Man posted:

I was on a Rebel for my safety class. It was still cool to me, though, having never been on any other motorcycles to compare it against.

Me too, mine had huge highway bars on it and I pretended I was cruising through the desert on my chopper like Easy Rider

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
After two and a half years, I'm back on the road.

There's some things I want to do with it, but drat does it feel good to be back on a bike.

Laplacean Demon
Jan 20, 2004

Sup first biek buddy

Had mine for about two months now. Having a blast.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

There's some things I want to do with it, but drat does it feel good to be back on a bike.

How scary is that fork combined with those bars and no front brake?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ibexaz posted:

things like throw it into the dumpster?

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Slavvy posted:

How scary is that fork combined with those bars and no front brake?

Terrifying. That's step one on things to fix.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Razzled posted:

things like throw it into a mailbox?

Ftfy

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
that might help

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

Terrifying. That's step one on things to fix.

TBH it seems like all it needs is a decent fork, brake, fender and the pegs in a more reasonable place and it'd be a pretty cool bike to dick around on.

Razzled posted:

that might help

Stop trying to be nsap, nobody's impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Put a front suspension designed after 1950 and a functioning front brake and I'd ride the poo poo out of it.

Also fenders.