Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I guess I'll keep chasing those expeditions?

Finn:

Not taking the Dark Pact

-Character action to both self and Jacquline to Istanbul
-Move to 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Any complaints if I moved to Arkham and tried to take the Cultist and Gate over there?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Any complaints if I moved to Arkham and tried to take the Cultist and Gate over there?

Well it would be awesome if Daisy and Diana ended up on the same space, with Daisy having an action to do Blessing of Isis on Diana. How about you come to Rome instead of Arkham?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Take the deal, Improve Influence

"Mr. Kane, you're going to miss your flight to Tokyo."

"I'm going to Tokyo? What for?"

"There's some conference that you are expected to attend. Something about fundraising and reelection?"

Move to Tokyo with ticket.
Acquire Assets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Don't know why I called Charlie's improvement a 'deal'. Reflex, maybe.

e: Also, because she resolved a Frozen Waste encounter, Agnes may immediately move to Lake Camp as a free action if she'd like.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 13, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'll pass on the free move.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I believe I'm waiting on Krysm and Mykkel to work out their plans.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Ooh, sorry, slipped my mind.

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Old Journal - Unique Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Blessed - Boon - 4s count as successes.
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: Ignore monster's Toughness requirement
  • Blessing of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: 0: ??? 1-2: ??? 3+: No effect
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore, if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back/: ???
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell

Finally things were working as they should. The gods were smiling, and luck was in her favor. Perhaps just maybe they could stop this madness once and for all. A telegraph from Miskatonic University said a friend was in need of help in Rome. Perhaps they could share these blessings?

Actions:
Move: To Rome
Blessing of Isis: 5 dice, targeting Diana
Encounter: Gate if it's still open, otherwise Rome.
Flesh Ward: 6 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Diana Stanley (Mykkel)

Diana was still trying to understand how she had been cursed. She had been unable to free the Silver Twilight Initiate and had fled to Rome. Alejandro told her help was coming. So Diana would rest and refocus her energies in Rome. She could feel the gate in Rome, she just wasn't sure she could close it with the curse upon her.

Actions:
Rest
Focus
Encounter: Gate if it is still open, otherwise Rome.

Notes:
Thanks Kyrsmphoenix, Diana should be a lot less useful if the curse is lifted.
Stela, can Wither be used in conjunction with Blunderbuss? If so, I would like to do so.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mykkel posted:

Stela, can Wither be used in conjunction with Blunderbuss? If so, I would like to do so.

Nope! Only one flat bonus (+X) may be used against a given test, regardless of source.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Stelas posted:

Nope! Only one flat bonus (+X) may be used against a given test, regardless of source.

Makes sense.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 - ACTION PHASE CONT.

Jacqueline retroactively Flesh Wards in response to Finn's injury. (Lore: 2 2 3 6)

Flesh Ward, 1 success posted:

It is unpleasant to watch the transformation, even when it succeeds. Lose 1 Sanity.
Charlie improves Influence.
Jacqueline gains a Funding, just in time for her Debt.

Debt: Beyond Riches posted:

The man wears a hat and a brown trenchcoat. "We do not want money," he hisses and grabs your throat. You feel as if part of your identity is being stolen from you. (Will: 3 5 5) Discard this card.

Daisy becomes the Lead Investigator, if only to make Jacqueline's actions work.
Daisy heads for Rome, and attempts to remove Diana's curse. (Lore: 1 2 2 4 6)

Blessing of Isis, 2+ successes posted:

The goddess smiles upon your cause. No additional effect.
Finn gets moving.
Charlie finds himself in Tokyo. Time to hit up Akihabara for those sweet figs. (Influence: 1 2 3 3 4 6 6 r5)
Agnes rests up in the Frozen Wastes - however that works, exactly - and heads for the Lake Camp.
Jacqueline heads for Shanghai and focuses up.

Action Queue
- Diana: 2 actions. (Can't rest - monster on the space.)
- Charlie: Spend 3 successes.
- Group: Confirm Lead Investigator (This affects who encounters the Cultist in Rome first.)

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 6/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Mystery: As an encounter, an investigator on Lake Camp may attempt to free the minds of the dominated humans; a Cultist monster ambushes them! If the investigator passes the Lore test, he may discard 1 Ally asset and spend 1 Clue to place an Eldritch token on this card. At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 6 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.
Rumour: As an encounter, an investigator on space 2 may use an ancient portal created by a long-dead wizard of Mu; he resolves a Gate Encounter. If the effect allows him to 'close this Gate', solve this Rumour instead. When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, advance Doom by 1 for each Gate on the board. On a Reckoning, remove 1 Eldritch token from this card.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

woops, right.

1. Prepare to Travel (ship ticket)
2. Assuming Focus still works I'll do it. If not, Acquire Assets I guess.

Encounter: Combat, Gate, Rome

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Focus is fine - did you wanna tick Sacrifices again?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does anyone need any Clues or the Witch Doctor?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Stelas posted:

Focus is fine - did you wanna tick Sacrifices again?

Sure.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Does anyone need any Clues or the Witch Doctor?

While I obviously can't speak for the group, in the interest of hurrying things along, the Mystery is going to require 6 Clues over time to solve and Agnes only has 2 at present. A reasonably safe bet would be to give her the Intelligence Report to hedge your bets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fun fact: the last two games I ran of this in person I forgot about doom ticking down due to open gates. I'm a smart GM.

You'll notice the map looks a little odd - I've fiddled around to properly add the no. of players, because this means I can now activate some of the auto buttons for doing stuff like gates and clue spawning.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stelas posted:

While I obviously can't speak for the group, in the interest of hurrying things along, the Mystery is going to require 6 Clues over time to solve and Agnes only has 2 at present. A reasonably safe bet would be to give her the Intelligence Report to hedge your bets.

Reasonable and the Silver Twilight Ritual will reduce Doom whenever.

Buy Intelligence Report for Agnes.

Tokyo Encounter.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 - ACTION PHASE CONT.

Diana focuses on getting out of dodge, ticking up her task.
Charlie wires some hot tips to the Antarctic, giving Agnes two more Clues.
The reserve refreshes.

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4+2, Observation 3+1, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 4 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Mystery: As an encounter, an investigator on Lake Camp may attempt to free the minds of the dominated humans; a Cultist monster ambushes them! If the investigator passes the Lore test, he may discard 1 Ally asset and spend 1 Clue to place an Eldritch token on this card. At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 6 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.
Rumour: As an encounter, an investigator on space 2 may use an ancient portal created by a long-dead wizard of Mu; he resolves a Gate Encounter. If the effect allows him to 'close this Gate', solve this Rumour instead. When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, advance Doom by 1 for each Gate on the board. On a Reckoning, remove 1 Eldritch token from this card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tendales, which encounter were you going to do?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lucky Ring is pretty nice.

I'm officially humbly requesting 4 successes next turn so I can buy two things.

Or 6. 6 is acceptable as well.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Oh, sorry, didn't even notice there's a clue here.
Jacqueline does the research encounter

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

And then my internet died and needed a tech out for a second time.

Update in a bit.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

For the record, I'll always use rerolls if they're an every-time-you-roll-no-payment thing. So the Arcane Scholar or the Personal Assistant will always be counted. If there's a cost, though, I prefer warnings ahead of time but can run it afterwards.

Combat

Daisy encounters the Cultist!
    Sanity Check (Lore-1 vs 0): 2 4 6. No Sanity loss. The Cultist is defeated and is revealed to be the Private Investigator.
Agnes encounters the Rampaging Shoggoth!
    Sanity Check (Will+Profane Tome: 2r1 vs 2): 3 4 r4. 2 Sanity loss.
    Agnes activates Storm of Spirits, and spends a Health to boost it. (Technically, this can't be Flesh Warded - spend is not lose.)
    Combat Check (Lore+Alien Device-1+2: 8r1 vs 2): 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 r6.
    Agnes spends a Sanity to reroll the rest of the dice again: 1 1 5 5 5 6. No Health lost. The Rampaging Shoggoth is defeated!

Encounters

Daisy Walker

City of the Great Race posted:

Something is wrong with the strange alien body in which you find yourself. The other Yithians sadly claim you have a disease for which there is no cure. You struggle to recover before your body rots from within. (Strength-1: 5) Your recovery amazes the Yithians, who restore you to your own body. Close this Gate. After that, a Yithian-controlled doctor puts you through several traumatic tests. (Will: 1 4 6) If you pass, a hidden truth about humanity is revealed; gain 1 Clue.
Finn Edwards

Generic City posted:

The police report that people are being abducted by a monster dwelling in the sewer system. Wandering through the underground tunnels you are suddenly ambushed by a deep one! (Strength: 2 3) If you fail, lose 1 Health from the struggle.

In response, Daisy casts Flesh Ward. (Lore: 1 1 4 4 6 6)

Flesh Ward, 2+ successes posted:

Your flesh hardens and repels pain and wounds with ease. No additional effect.
Charlie Kane

Tokyo posted:

You are placed on trial for violating the Peace Protection Laws. (Influence: 3 3 3 4 4 5 6 r4) If you pass, you prove your innocence, and the government takes immediate action: discard all Monsters with 1 toughness from the game board.

The Arkham cultist is discarded. I'm not sure how proving your innocence directly relates to a world-wide carpet bombing.
Agnes Baker

Alien Ritual posted:

Agnes is assaulted by a Cultist! (Lore-1: 2 2 6) The Cultist is revealed to be a Research Student.
Agnes may sacrifice an Ally to the Mystery.
Diana Stanley

Rome posted:

A group of Blackshirts are interrogating an old priest, and you try to intervene. (Influence: 2 4) If you fail, you are shoved against the wall and arrested; gain a Detained condition.

Diana spends a Focus and a Clue to escape it. (4 6)
Jacqueline Fine

Research: City posted:

You've become increasingly desperate in your fight against the Elder Things and are exploring darker measures. A member of the Silver Twilight Lodge offers you aid in combating the mind control of the elder things. You may gain a Dark Pact condition in order to improve Will and 1 other skill of your choice.

Action Queue
- Daisy: Move to Plateau of Leng?
- Agnes: Choose Ally to sacrifice.
- Jacqueline: Take the deal?

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4+2, Observation 3+1, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 6/7 Health, 2/5 Sanity - 4 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 0 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Elder Thing Rule: After resolving a Gate encounter, an investigator may choose to move to the Plateau of Leng.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 16, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
wait, how come I can move to Plateau?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The potential for a Dark Pact means I don't want to run Mythos juuuust yet.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

wait, how come I can move to Plateau?

Elder Thing special rules - after resolving a Gate encounter, you can blip over to the Plateau. (Due to the underlying code in the Vassal module I can't move the Elder Thing card to the main map, but it's in the second post. The Gate-hopping stuff is basically the only special rule they have.)

e: I've just realized I should have offered Jacqueline the same thing a couple turns ago, but I think she was already headed for the Rumour at that point. I'll put it in the summary section.

In general, my apologies while I work out the kinks. It's been a while since I ran this last and I'm a bit rusty and remembering all my workflows, and the internet thing hasn't helped. Should be good from now on.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 16, 2016

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Sure burn the focus and clue. I've been cursed and delayed. Rather not be detained.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Diana uses a Focus! (4)
Diana uses a Clue! (6)
Jacqueline does not get her Clue+peek.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Daaang, two skill ups? It's probably a bad idea, but I'll take it.

Jacqueline gains a dark pact, improves will and strength.

Too bad I can't peek at my own cards!

e: If we get a reckoning this mythos, I want to flip the funding before testing the dark pact.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 16, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll toss the Mystic Bounty Hunter to the mystery.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 - ENCOUNTER PHASE CONT.

Agnes spends a Clue and discards the Mystic Bounty Hunter to tick the Mystery.
Jacqueline takes a Dark Pact and upgrades strength and will.

TURN 5 - MYTHOS PHASE

A Mythos card is drawn. 15 cards remain.

Mythos posted:

Evil Never Sleeps - :cthulhu: - Green (Omen, Surge, Clues)

The forces of evil never sleep and never stop working towards their ultimate goal. You feel time has grown shorter. The ancient beings that lurk on the edge of human consciousness are growing at an alarming rate.

Draw and resolve another Mythos card.
The Omen moves to Green. No Doom is gained from open gates.
There are no Gates to surge!... so a Gate spawns on Buenos Aires (Blue, Star Spawn).
Clues spawn on Sydney, Arkham and 10.

A Mythos card is drawn. 14 cards remain.

Mythos posted:

Driven to Bankruptcy - Green (Omen, Surge, Clues)

Walking down the street, you are surrounded by locked doors and boarded up windows. You see only a few people striding down the sidewalk, and almost all of them avoid eye contact. Those that do look you in the eye glare at you suspiciously.

When this card enters play, discard all cards from the reserve. Cards cannot be placed in the reserve. On a Reckoning, discard this card and fill the reserve.
The Omen moves to Blue. Doom advances to 15.
Buenos Aires surges! A Leng Spider and a Dhole appear there!
Clues spawn on 4, 8 and 15.

The reserve is temporarily wiped out!

TURN 6 - ACTION PHASE

Action Queue
- Daisy: Move to Plateau of Leng?
- All: 2 actions.

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 6/7 Health, 2/5 Sanity - 3 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1+1, Will 3+1 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 0 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Elder Thing Rule: After resolving a Gate encounter, an investigator may choose to move to the Plateau of Leng.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll Rest and Personal Action (4 dice) for a spell. I'm pretty sure that's about the long and short of my next few turns, haha.

Encounter: Mystery.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

1. Move to London
2. Ship to Arkham

Encounter: Gate

My thoughts on Diana for next few turns, is getting to either Buenos Aires or Antartica, depending on what the group thinks is more important?

I am thinking that after my next focus action, I should flip my task, anyone have thoughts on that?

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 16, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Ah whoops. Yeah, you did, sorry about that.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Stelas posted:

Ah whoops. Yeah, you did, sorry about that.

Okay I edited my post to reflect my actions.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Goddamn, a star spawn and a dhole. I guess I'll move to Tokyo and try to help wipe them, since now way in hell we should be trying to take both.

1 - Role Action: Move to Shanghai
2 - Move to Tokyo

Encounter: Tokyo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stelas posted:

The reserve is temporarily wiped out!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Goddammit, who needs more actions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Alternately, maybe I should fly to the Outpost, move to Lake Camp and try to help Agnes with the Mystery?

I would (ironically) need to get a Clue from Agnes for that.

• Locked thread