Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I mean if you are also married you might see where I am coming from...sometimes things get rowdy. She slaps, bites, kicks, and you suplex her onto the hood of your batmobile and hand her a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

This case is probably going to be dropped unless they can CSI the hell out of the bruises to prove who was the aggressor and Lawler will be back on TV a couple weeks later.

If Lawler was 10 years younger you'd probably be right.

They're phasing him out anyway since Vince doesn't like old people on tv and I bet they're going to be happy to have a good excuse not to use him.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Chris James 2 posted:

Every single Fight Night game looks better than every single WWE game released over the last decade, and it gets truer every year, and it makes me really miss Fight Night

Almost like EA Sports weren't forced to churn one out every year or something.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I only play No Mercy modded with updated wrestlers. :getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Almost like EA Sports weren't forced to churn one out every year or something.

Madden's consistently looked and played better too. So have NBA and NHL games. And MLB The Show. Nice try

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In less kingly news, here's my listicle of ranking all the Money in the Bank winners.

As mentioned in there, I know Sheamus and Orton had a lengthy feud last year but for the life of me I literally can't remember a single thing about it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

In less kingly news, here's my listicle of ranking all the Money in the Bank winners.

As mentioned in there, I know Sheamus and Orton had a lengthy feud last year but for the life of me I literally can't remember a single thing about it.

until WWE dropped the ball on the payoff and turned Miz into a lousy Macho Man impersonator for a couple of weeks until simply forgetting about him.

Um

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gavok posted:

Kane :unsmith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

exploding mummy posted:

until WWE dropped the ball on the payoff and turned Miz into a lousy Macho Man impersonator for a couple of weeks until simply forgetting about him.

Um

Whoops. I was thinking of a better timeline.

I'll fix that later.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Chris James 2 posted:

Madden's consistently looked and played better too. So have NBA and NHL games. And MLB The Show. Nice try

EA Tiburon has nearly 4 times the employees of Yukes.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So tell me King, who does a methodical pace benefit?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Like the Yuke's games aren't good but it's not because they're horrible developers that suck at their one job, it's because generally major publishers suck, the game industry sucks, and they don't get enough time, money or personnel to do any better.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I guess we're stuck with the dumb yearly game cycle for the same reason we're stuck with 3 hour Raws :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Minidust posted:

I guess we're stuck with the dumb yearly game cycle for the same reason we're stuck with 3 hour Raws :(

Yearly cycles wouldn't even be so bad if they were allowed like 3-4 years between generations or were actually paid reasonable amounts (sports games already don't get funding comparable to other genres, imagine what a D-list sport like wrestling gets) or had a decently sized team or...

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
There are like a trillion good video games including a ton made my major developers and for franchises that require little effort, that doesn't excuse lovely games like for example every WWE game

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There are like a trillion good video games including a ton made my major developers and for franchises that require little effort, that doesn't excuse lovely games like for example every WWE game

I've read this like four or five times and I still can't tell what your point is.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
If people stop buying these games every year they might stop making them every year

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
There's a Drew McIntyre joke in this Lawler mess somewhere...

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Lady Naga posted:

I've read this like four or five times and I still can't tell what your point is.

I'm responding to your dumb idea that big manufacturers only make bad games and WWE games being terrible is normal and part of some broken system rather than an anomaly

I mean there are kickstarter games made by some dude working in his basement that are better than the average WWE game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hello. I wanted to put forth the opinion that Yuke's is extremely bad and lovely in opposition of what was stated before, as evidenced by all their non-WWE games since Berserk. However I also agree that no dev of that size would do a very good job on the timescale and relative budget that they seem to have. Now I'll begin the post-ending ritual at this time

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Gavok posted:

ThePariah posted:

Yeah, Kane is so efficient. He should be number one.

Called it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

All video games are bad.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

RaceyBucket posted:

All video games are bad.

Super Mario Brothers Three

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm responding to your dumb idea that big manufacturers only make bad games and WWE games being terrible is normal and part of some broken system rather than an anomaly

I mean there are kickstarter games made by some dude working in his basement that are better than the average WWE game

Good thing that's not what I said then.

It's almost like those kickstarter games are made with their limited budget in mind and don't have someone breathing down their neck shouting about deadlines and required features or something.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 17, 2016

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I like the WWE games fans who pay no attention to the gameplay and get mad when Sheamus is wearing the wrong elbowpads in his entrance. This is most of the WWE games fans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad games

Bad

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
As bad as these games are, if I could carry my created content forward I would buy every one. Still blows my mind that they haven't bothered implementing that yet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Much like with the WWE product proper, I honestly believe the games aren't great or revolutionary or anything, but they're fun if you don't think too much about it and just wanna play some rasslin', and I think people engage in a lot of hyperbole with regards to how bad the games are.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who wants an Adam Rose mugshot shirt sold by Adam Rose http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/aldo/mug-shot.html

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Much like with the WWE product proper, I honestly believe the games aren't great or revolutionary or anything, but they're fun if you don't think too much about it and just wanna play some rasslin', and I think people engage in a lot of hyperbole with regards to how bad the games are.

Neither are as good as they were in the late 90s, when I was a teenager

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Every single Fight Night game looks better than every single WWE game released over the last decade, and it gets truer every year, and it makes me really miss Fight Night

Fight Night wasn't produced on an annual schedule though

WWE wanting a new game on shelves every year is A) why they'll never get substantially better and B) why they'll never drop Yuke's

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Fight Night wasn't produced on an annual schedule though

WWE wanting a new game on shelves every year is A) why they'll never get substantially better and B) why they'll never drop Yuke's

Yeah but a 700 person studio can make games look good every year and sometimes big publishers make good products so obviously Yuke's are just a bunch of morons who don't know how to do their own job.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Get in before the 5Xs are gone guys!!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Platypus Farm posted:

Super Mario Brothers Three

If its a video game its bad. If its some kinda other thing its probably good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Even a 2 year release schedule would likely vastly improve the WWE games. But really if they'd just create a base game every few years but keep releasing DLC packs for it instead of shoveling out a new one every year, I'd probably buy them. Just keep adding new features and stop supporting old/released characters with patches if they don't want them in the new games.

IcePhoenix posted:

This case is probably going to be dropped unless they can CSI the hell out of the bruises to prove who was the aggressor and Lawler will be back on TV a couple weeks later.
Maybe the boys in the truck can, I don't know... ENHANCE that footage?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Malone_713/status/743915139640995840

Nattie kicking Becky's leg out of her leg.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"Buy this shirt commemorating when I grabbed my wife by the face and hung up the phone when she called 911."

What a piece of poo poo.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I hope all the blonde women in wwe form a stable just so charlotte has 4 or 5 women running in on every match

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm sure the police absolutely won't mind him profiting off a picture that belongs to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
WWE wrestlers who are also domestic abusers having some trouble making good decisions

• Locked thread