Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS

Chichevache posted:

If you want it to look more authentic you should café it :v:

Pretty bike.
It'll be a modern original, wholly authentic with artisanal touches, just like every other loving vintage bike cut up with an angle grinder in some Asheville weed dealer's mud room! If I'm moving at less than 15mph, I swear to god I half-expect to hear "CAFE" or "FENDER CHOP" or "STRIP THE PAINT" aggressively yelled from a passing Subaru Forester.

It'll be untouched. I'm saving it from the teeming masses, my cross to bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

OneOverZero posted:

It'll be a modern original, wholly authentic with artisanal touches, just like every other loving vintage bike cut up with an angle grinder in some Asheville weed dealer's mud room! If I'm moving at less than 15mph, I swear to god I half-expect to hear "CAFE" or "FENDER CHOP" or "STRIP THE PAINT" aggressively yelled from a passing Subaru Forester.

Good man :hfive:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

OneOverZero posted:

My hero.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Is it fuzz or fizz????

Whichever it is the front wheel seems to be repelled by the ground.

Suspensions gonna get sorted this weekend. I'm only 150lbs and honestly I don't think the front is that bad, I did notice the rear was super soft so I hope there's enough adjustment for me there.

Ordering spools and fender elim asap and then windscreen maybe??

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

OneOverZero posted:

I bought an all-original 1971 CL350 from my dad. It has just under 4000 miles, about 3300 of which are from the last few years.

If ever you yearn for the good ol' days of drum brakes and minimal damping, this will cure you of it really quickly. :ohdear:

Ha, I have a buddy in Nashville with two of those. You should get your dad to teach him how to keep them running.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

The terrible suspension is made up for with extremely loud noises. I really want some bitubos.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Making some mods.

They came with lovely bulbs, but that's easily resolved, and I think they look pretty great.

HandlingByJebus fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 20, 2016

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That thing looks mean as all get out. Great work.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Coydog posted:

That thing looks mean as all get out. Great work.

Thanks! It needs CF tank cover panels to complete the bodywork look that I'm after, and I will probably add the Ducati pick decal to the front fender. Then I need to pull all of those ridiculous safety / emissions stickers off... then black out all of the grey cast aluminum bits on the triples and maybe black vinyl wrap for the forks... gaaaaahhhhh

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
between fathers day yesterday and my birthday today i decided to buy a new motorcycle

I bought it for my daughter to upgrade from her pw50

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

between fathers day yesterday and my birthday today i decided to buy a new motorcycle

I bought it for my daughter to upgrade from her pw50

So.... How fun is it to ride?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

builds character posted:

So.... How fun is it to ride?

It wheelies :hehe:

I couldn't really play because she is at her grandmas tonight and I don't want to crash it before she sees it, but we have all day tomorrow. Now her brother fully inherits the pw50 as his bike so he should be totally stoked as well

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

So uh I'll pick this up next week.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

:stare: is the chain slack as bad as it looks?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Beach Bum posted:

Yup. It's a project for sure.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Fantastic. That front brake shroud is :krad:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Is that an inboard disc? Like the VTR250 barbie bike?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It's just a cover to protect against rocks/mud/sticks etc

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Beach Bum posted:

Yes, but on dirt bikes you often want more slack because you're expecting the swing arm to move a lot more when you hit sick jumps exactly like Ryan Dungey. You can see the chain guide down there which makes sure that 1. You don't break your rear sprocket and 2. Even if the chain is a little loose it doesn't come off. So it's bad but not quite as bad as it looks compared to a street bike. Just a teeny tiny bit less bad. But still, bad.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
My DR350 chain is tighter than that and it's set according to the manual. But I have the street version with indicators, chain guard and perhaps different suspension components.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm still figuring out the differences between models. There weren't many. The dirt version has a remote shock reservoir, but I think the others did as well.

The Supertrapp muffler is in the path of the wheels, so at full compression the tire hits it. Gotta solve that.

First, I need tires, a clutch cover, carb kit, and chain, not to mention a deep clean.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:3: you're a good dad.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
*flicks lollipop stick at u*

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Look at this spoiled little princess getting a ~*honda*~ instead of toiling away on a clapped out 80's suzuki like is proper.

So jealous :negative:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

haha she has been doing work on a clapped out pw50 for three years now, she deserved an upgrade. I have two 80/90-10 IRC MB-38 tires that feel surprisingly sticky to install for some mini supermoto action and she starts racing July 10th. At this point she has everything she needs except jersey+pants but I was told she could participate without them as long as she had the other required protection (since gearing up 6 year olds is a pain in the rear end some times). I did email Klutch Industries to see if they could get me a ~pink youth jersey since they're a track vendor and do custom lettering but nothing back yet.

My son, on his pw50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZK3hVHLXFQ

Olivia, very first ride on the crf (excuse me being fat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfTxVRLVlmA

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
:allears: That is so great. Loved seeing your son get the forks all wobbly and ride it out. I'm not familiar with the tiny dirtbikes, so wasn't sure what the upgrade to another 50cc would do, but the honda sounds really growly.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I am looking forward to lining the kids up side by side and having them drag race because I think that pw50 (with my son and all of his 35lbs) would give the crf a run for its money, especially in shorter distances and with my daughter just learning how to shift.

PW50 is a 50cc two stroke shaft drive single speed cvt type thing, front and rear hand brakes, no shifting, it can be quick but runs out of steam up top

crf50 is a 50cc four stroke with a 3 speed semi auto with the brakes where they should be and chain drive.

It is a step up in size and weight and the controls layout is pretty much 'motorcycle' and due to the insane aftermarket, she shouldn't need another bike for at least 3 or 4 more years

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Man, EX, I showed my wife all the videos of Animal. We love it... Great dad, Great kids. So much fun.

So, uh... I kinda did the thing today.

I'm trying to keep the front wheel down for the first 500 miles. That's the break in process right? I got to watch them take it out of the crate, I took the long way and did 150 miles on the way home. I plan to get up to 600 by Friday and then change the oil.

It's intoxicating.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
:dong:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Best color wheels.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
OH poo poo

I am a bit jealous, I will admit. I think that's the best color scheme of all the FZs. I still love my red 09, but that look is so sweet to me.

One day, I'm sure I will have an FZ-10 in those colors.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Z3n posted:

Best color wheels.

poo poo yes.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I'm getting an fz10 in those colors... so good.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I could not find that color locally so I settled for the black. I kind of wish they still had blurple wheels.

Fender elim coming Friday for my fz, can't wait to clean that rear up.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I'm kinda sad the U.S. isn't getting the blue FZ-10, it's by far the least ugly.
(I can tell I'm old because those dayglo yellow wheels look vomitously hideous to me).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HotCanadianChick posted:

I'm kinda sad the U.S. isn't getting the blue FZ-10, it's by far the least ugly.
(I can tell I'm old because those dayglo yellow wheels look vomitously hideous to me).

You're not old, just lame.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

TheFonz posted:

Man, EX, I showed my wife all the videos of Animal. We love it... Great dad, Great kids. So much fun.

So, uh... I kinda did the thing today.

I'm trying to keep the front wheel down for the first 500 miles. That's the break in process right? I got to watch them take it out of the crate, I took the long way and did 150 miles on the way home. I plan to get up to 600 by Friday and then change the oil.

It's intoxicating.

Lookit the good decision you made. That is hot as hell.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Buhbuhj posted:

I could not find that color locally so I settled for the black. I kind of wish they still had blurple wheels.

Fender elim coming Friday for my fz, can't wait to clean that rear up.

Which one did you get? I got one on eBay from this weird dude and it worked really well plus he sent me a bunch of emails. I decided to keep the stock turn signals for now, though.

I might eventually be super vain and replace my tail-light with an actual Rizoma. It looks so clean!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
The difference between riding the FZ-07 and FZ-09 was mental. I can't image what stepping up to the FZ-10 would even be like. I assume the front tire is no longer a wear item.