Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

Representing low logi numbers is a way to bait out fights in wormholes too.

This is why I really love my cloaked scimitar. There is a huge difference between a gila/svipul and gila/svipul/scimitar. Pretty much only battleships/battlecruisers fit for close range MAX DEEPS can kill a svipul getting repped by one scimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

This is why I really love my cloaked scimitar. There is a huge difference between a gila/svipul and gila/svipul/scimitar. Pretty much only battleships/battlecruisers fit for close range MAX DEEPS can kill a svipul getting repped by one scimi.

that sounds really fun, do you like flying logi?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Divine Blob posted:

that sounds really fun, do you like flying logi?

Yeah, logi is extremely powerful. People also underestimate the dps potential of a scimitar. It can field 4 mediums and 1 light for 130 dps. Add that onto a svipul's dps and you start to approach 400 dps. throw in a gila and you can hit 800 total.

I haven't flown the scimitar in awhile now but I used to have a hg snaked out scimi with boosts and deadspace fit. I could hit 6km/s with heat. Combine that with the range on reps and its one of the strongest kiting ships.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

Yeah, logi is extremely powerful. People also underestimate the dps potential of a scimitar. It can field 4 mediums and 1 light for 130 dps. Add that onto a svipul's dps and you start to approach 400 dps. throw in a gila and you can hit 800 total.

I haven't flown the scimitar in awhile now but I used to have a hg snaked out scimi with boosts and deadspace fit. I could hit 6km/s with heat. Combine that with the range on reps and its one of the strongest kiting ships.

That is the kind of setup that makes people cry 30 seconds into a fight.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nessin posted:

That is the kind of setup that makes people cry 30 seconds into a fight.

I went through the entirety of the fountain war against test with a single ship outside of mainfleet brawls. This was also before the rebalance of cruisers and frigates and the introduction of the orthrus. Most 'kiting' ships at the time went about 2k. It was hilariously broken as the number of ships that could catch me was very small. The only real danger was rapiers and huginns but its fairly easy to simply not take those fights to begin with.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, a totally naked svipul getting 3 reps (1 t2 large 2 deadspace mediums) from a scimitar gets 578 ehp/s. Add in an invuln and it goes up to over 800 ehp/s before any heat or bonuses. If you pair the scimitar with something below 15k ehp you need to carry armor rep drones or you run the risk of slowly bleeding armor then structure.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 20, 2016

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Why do you use 2 deadspace reppers instead of another 2 T2 large?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Thatim posted:

Typically grid issues. MWD scimis have moderate fitting issues, to the point where a lot of their fits either stack a lot of PDS, use deadspace medium reps rather than larges, or other tricks. In this case you both have 1 rep dropped for a cloak (freeing some grid) and deadspace mediums (freeing more grid) meaning more of your lows can be pure cap, or nanos.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
magical little day in EVE online today. We only had a gurista relic site and a HS entrance 3j from dodixie. Killed 2 probes, an astero, and an anathema in maybe 45 minutes sittng there, then pulled 90m isk out of the cans.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Thatim posted:

deadspace mediums are almost as good as t2 large but with a lot less cap use and fitting requirements. Most situations I was in I was solo logi so the only way I could stay safe was to kite. Deadspace reps means I can forego any fitting and capacitor modules for nanofibers in the lowslots.

This is a very rough fit and I wouldn't fly it as is but you get the idea. I wouldn't do hg snakes anymore due to so many other ships in eve getting a buff, but mid-grade snakes with a low-grade omega gets it going pretty fast while cheap.

Also, don't aim for 100% cap stability on logi. You should be paired with someone who has hard tackle in the form of a web and/or scram. Once you've pulled range turn the mwd off. Its also AMAZING for pairing with interceptors as you can just run down kiting ships.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 20, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

Also, don't aim for 100% cap stability on logi. You should be paired with someone who has hard tackle in the form of a web and/or scram. Once you've pulled range turn the mwd off. Its also AMAZING for pairing with interceptors as you can just run down kiting ships.

^^^

Pubbies absolutely love being cap stable at all times and will jump through a lot of fitting hoops to make it so. Don't fall into that trap.

Even kiting dps ships sacrifice so much to be stable it isn't worth it.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I only ever care if I'm stable with prop mod off because it's nice to know things like "I'm an abaddon lol I need a cap booster to not cap out while shooting"

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What's the best way to do PI? Is it generating P2's on a couple of planets and bring them to a P3 factory planet?

Or is it P1's on one planet into a p2 and p3 planet?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oodles posted:

What's the best way to do PI? Is it generating P2's on a couple of planets and bring them to a P3 factory planet?

With no/low tax P3 or P4 work like you describe. With a tax to consider you need to look at your planets and work out whether your possible P3/P4 routes have good margins as the impost/export can gently caress you over.
P2 is low effort but higher hauling volume.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Oodles posted:

I've done low and high profit margin PI.
To be entirely honest, the best PI is the one you can get rid of fast with as little travel as possible. Find something that people nearby want and do that. Low effort is key.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
e: nevermind I am dumb

ploots fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 22, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
For anyone who cares, I've managed to do all of the Anomic Team burners now in a light missile kestrel fitted with an ECM and a target painter (there are plenty of videos on YouTube that cover this). I usually dual box these with a Griffin to help jam the logi frigates, but you can do these solo.

The only "exception" was the Jaguar. Couldn't break its tank even after the logi frigates were down, so I docked up and swapped the ECM for a second target painter. That did the trick.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Jazzzzz posted:

For anyone who cares, I've managed to do all of the Anomic Team burners now in a light missile kestrel fitted with an ECM and a target painter (there are plenty of videos on YouTube that cover this). I usually dual box these with a Griffin to help jam the logi frigates, but you can do these solo.

The only "exception" was the Jaguar. Couldn't break its tank even after the logi frigates were down, so I docked up and swapped the ECM for a second target painter. That did the trick.

The Kestrel is the prettiest T1 and now you've proven it's the most profitable and therefore best, thank you very much

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Coincidentally I lost a garmur tonight to woops I got hit, but the first one was 25%armor and the second was death. I use the cheap one at least so it was like 70m instead of ell oh loving ell minmaxing pubbies 300 loving millions of the isk. That being said right before I lost it I was like "man this works but I feel like with the rr the 20-40 extra dps per v9lley would actually speed this up a ton. Then I lost a cheap one and was like haha gently caress that noise. I guess I could buy bcus from the lp store and then that would be like I mined the minerals, making it free. Otoh though I want to roam with 5x navy ravens with LRASBs because I found out that was a thing and I think I figured out a way to burn through that pith X-type stockpile I have from pre patch carriers.

Look out for pithum c t-tpye medium shield boosted hawks and jags to because I have no poo poo 25 of dem

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I wanted to check the prices of things is there a neat website that lists all regions? I'm going to expand my fleet (two mining ships to add! :D I also think I have the skills for interceptors now as well) and I have no idea where the best place to buy them is.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

If I wanted to check the prices of things is there a neat website that lists all regions? I'm going to expand my fleet (two mining ships to add! :D I also think I have the skills for interceptors now as well) and I have no idea where the best place to buy them is.

Eve Central https://eve-central.com

Here's the buy and sell orders for Covetors, for example
https://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=17476

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

VideoGames posted:

https://eve-central.com

It's a little bit broken just now as the API link to the game is broken.

Here's a handy dandy picture which shows you some of the best sites for what you might be needing.

Also, for selling ore here is a good site that tells you what to mine for maximum profit.

http://ore.cerlestes.de/#site:ore

[Edit : ^^^ you bastard!!]

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:dukedog:

Posting a big list of the essential tools and sites is more worthy than my effort though, spacefriend

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
VG you need to make another character on that account and anchor it in GSF, API wise, so that people can link you poo poo on wiki.goonfleet.com because there's a wealth of stuff you'd wanna read there.
Not just mechanics of eve type stuff but, from person experience, countless tens of hours of history and who's who poo poo on there.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Are there any ships that are aesthetically similar to the Tristan, with a more vertical "face" design than looking like traditional starship things? Something about it is just really nice to look at and I hate having to use ships that aren't it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Syndic Thrass posted:

VG you need to make another character on that account and anchor it in GSF, API wise, so that people can link you poo poo on wiki.goonfleet.com because there's a wealth of stuff you'd wanna read there.
Not just mechanics of eve type stuff but, from person experience, countless tens of hours of history and who's who poo poo on there.

That might be a very good idea actually. I would love to read things. I wouldn't know the first thing about apis and such though.

Also thank you very much Lack of Gravitas and Oodles. :). I am going to get the Ventures big brothers. I forget their names though.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Are there any ships that are aesthetically similar to the Tristan, with a more vertical "face" design than looking like traditional starship things? Something about it is just really nice to look at and I hate having to use ships that aren't it.

The Oracle?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That is indeed what I'm looking for. I don't like it quite as much as the Tristan but it's still a drat nice ship design.

Granted, given its role I don't think I'll ever end up flying one, but...

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

VideoGames posted:

That might be a very good idea actually. I would love to read things. I wouldn't know the first thing about apis and such though.

Here's a handy guide for getting your alt into Goonwaffe VG. It explains and provides links for the mystical API aspect.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

The Shortest Path posted:

That is indeed what I'm looking for. I don't like it quite as much as the Tristan but it's still a drat nice ship design.

Granted, given its role I don't think I'll ever end up flying one, but...

The Myrmydon and the Tornado are also vertical. The Myrmidon i less "classic spaceship" design though.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the tempest is the best looking eve ship and I'll; loving fight anyone that says otherwise

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Reverand maynard posted:

the tempest is the best looking eve ship and I'll; loving fight anyone that says otherwise

Myrmidon.

I will see you at the sun, sir

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

:chloe:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

Is it still poo poo tho?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Krogort posted:

Is it still poo poo tho?

all minmatar dps ships are straight up worse than the angel varients. The svipul is the only 'kill people' ship the whole race has.

I mean obviously a pirate faction ship is going to be better but the other pirate ships are different while the angel ships are a straight upgrade of the same playstyle.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
The vexor hulls are, if not vertical, then at least quite 'tall' relative to their width and length, and they have grinning faces on the front.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Reverand maynard posted:

all minmatar dps ships are straight up worse than the angel varients. The svipul is the only 'kill people' ship the whole race has.

you forgot the sleipnir

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

you forgot the sleipnir

It only took 2 50% damages bonus and 50% fall-off bonus to make a good medium Autocanon platform.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

as of a couple weeks ago i have one on my mantle along with an apoc :v:

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Reverand maynard posted:

x P4M1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tangerines posted:

Here's a handy guide for getting your alt into Goonwaffe VG. It explains and provides links for the mystical API aspect.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

Thank you! I am doing the list and it says it wants me to choose All characters when generating my code. Do I have to do that, or can I just select my Alt instead?

• Locked thread